Subliminal Talk
Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Rich Kids - Top Schools/University (/Thread-Rich-Kids-Top-Schools-University)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - DarkPlouf - 08-16-2018

Quote:I also still wonder how children of rich families still do well when others do not.
Rich kids are successful because when got born in a successful environment, grow in a successful environment and will die in that same environment. You can't compare the limiting beliefs of an average person with a rich kid that has probably anything he wants.
So, besides their influence and power, rich people benefit from the fact that their reality has always been pretty much easy for them. They don't see nor live the BS of the world and got programmed since the very first day with positive, "my life is easy" beliefs.
Of course they'll do well than others. That's why the worst disasters always tend to happen to already poor and miserable people, whereas successful people only get even more successful with the time.
As I said in Shannon's journal, "The first experience rules all of the following ones."

Quote:I appreciate that I might be digressing from the subject. However I believe that its waste of time and money going to university these days
I sort of agree. Instead of wishing to go to a prestigious uni, I'd rather wish for a successful business.

RE: Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - Jake2015 - 08-16-2018

(08-15-2018, 11:38 PM)thor2014 Wrote: I appreciate that I might be digressing from the subject. However I believe that its waste of time and money going to university these days. They fill your head with absolute garbage. I have met people who were undergraduates at Harvard and they tell me the majority of students felt lonely and isolated. I was told a lot of them are on anxiety related medication etc. Some of them felt lonely and isolated as Harvard is somewhere in the middle of nowhere where its difficult to reach the next town.

I wasted three years at university and my degree did not assist me in anyway to get my first job.

I think going to university is not a waste of time and money IF and ONLY IF what you choose to study takes you to a job you want to do, for example going to med school to become a doctor or doing dentistry, veterinary, sciences, IT or such that takes you into the area that you want to work cannot be a waste of time.

The waste of time comes when students do degrees that:

1) They dont want to do but got in simply to go to uni (such as in the UK happens alot cos they missed out on the grades to get into their 1st choice - through a system known as clearing)

2) Do a degree simply for shits and giggles such as philosophy etc that doesnt really lead into a job

3) didnt get good grades and so cannot do the job they wanted to do.

There are many graduates in the UK that go to uni that arent even clever enough to really do exams, and thats because now the system in the UK I believe is broken. In the past clever people were the only ones that went to uni or the rich (such as oxford etc) however now every past polytechnic (maybe same as a US community college) became a university and thus this allowed anyone from anywhere to get into a so called university where the standard just isnt great.

Also schools never teach you how to study nor how to study for university which is why many fail and come out distraught and distressed.

I also feel that for us in the west there rise in mental health issues is directly linked to our western technologically advanced culture of putting work and independence first, and putting family second hell we even adore and care more for our own dogs then parents who we throw away like trash into old folks homes and this therefore plays a role in the way students find it distressing at uni.

Uni is also the place where now its fashionable to go to get laid and have relationships more than studying.

so anyway ill stop and take a breather haha

RE: Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - Zane - 08-16-2018

You go to uni just to get laid.. That's all I learned in university

RE: Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - thor2014 - 08-20-2018

(08-16-2018, 01:30 PM)Jake2015 Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 11:38 PM)thor2014 Wrote: I appreciate that I might be digressing from the subject. However I believe that its waste of time and money going to university these days. They fill your head with absolute garbage. I have met people who were undergraduates at Harvard and they tell me the majority of students felt lonely and isolated. I was told a lot of them are on anxiety related medication etc. Some of them felt lonely and isolated as Harvard is somewhere in the middle of nowhere where its difficult to reach the next town.

I wasted three years at university and my degree did not assist me in anyway to get my first job.

I think going to university is not a waste of time and money IF and ONLY IF what you choose to study takes you to a job you want to do, for example going to med school to become a doctor or doing dentistry, veterinary, sciences, IT or such that takes you into the area that you want to work cannot be a waste of time.

1) They dont want to do but got in simply to go to uni (such as in the UK happens alot cos they missed out on the grades to get into their 1st choice - through a system known as clearing)

2) Do a degree simply for shits and giggles such as philosophy etc that doesnt really lead into a job

There are many graduates in the UK that go to uni that arent even clever enough to really do exams, and thats because now the system in the UK I believe is broken. In the past clever people were the only ones that went to uni or the rich (such as oxford etc) however now every past polytechnic (maybe same as a US community college) became a university and thus this allowed anyone from anywhere to get into a so called university where the standard just isnt great.

Also schools never teach you how to study nor how to study for university which is why many fail and come out distraught and distressed.

I also feel that for us in the west there rise in mental health issues is directly linked to our western technologically advanced culture of putting work and independence first, and putting family second hell we even adore and care more for our own dogs then parents who we throw away like trash into old folks homes and this therefore plays a role in the way students find it distressing at uni.

Uni is also the place where now its fashionable to go to get laid and have relationships more than studying.

Agree for a medicine dentistry or law yes.

Anything else it's a waste of time.

RE: Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - RTBoss - 08-20-2018

(08-20-2018, 04:42 AM)thor2014 Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 01:30 PM)Jake2015 Wrote:

Agree for a medicine dentistry or law yes.

Anything else it's a waste of time.

Having a degree in Exercise Science gave me more "credibility" over other personal/physical trainers without degrees. It also allowed me to take the certifications for the best personal trainer/strength conditioning certs that REQUIRE a 4-year Bachelor's degree.

Furthermore, when I met my then-client now-wife, she was pursuing her degree and later told me she wouldn't have even considered dating me in the first place unless I had a degree. She's a high-value woman, and high-value women don't give low-value men the time of day. In other words, there are perhaps indirect effects and benefits you may reap from putting the time and effort into getting a higher education.

RE: Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - SargeMaximus - 08-20-2018

This is a funny topic in light of the fact I just watched "The Social Network" last night. Zuckerberg was in Harvard I believe.

Anyhow it's not rocket science, if you have connections, you'll use those connections for your kids. Seems simple to me. :/