Subliminal Talk
Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Rich Kids - Top Schools/University (/Thread-Rich-Kids-Top-Schools-University)

Pages: 1 2

Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - Jake2015 - 06-19-2016

I was just wondering, what makes children of rich parents become successful and able to enter schools and universities such as Oxford and Cambridge?

I don't believe the old wise tale that they paid their way in.

When I see world politics, most politicians are educated at fine universities and have children that happen to now be at these educational powerhouses.

It cannot simply be genes.

So I wonder, what do you all think it is?

RE: Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - JackOfHearts - 06-20-2016

Logical answer:

You parents are not rich for no reason, they may have a gift in some area, an ability to create money, work, etc. The children learn that ability unconsciously.

For example if you have parents who are very intelligent businessmen it would be much easier for you to become one too because they could help you. And even if they don't help you, you would learn from them by just being around them.

Imagine living with someone like Bill gates for 1 year how much you would learn from his habits, from his knowledge, from his resources. I used Bill gates as an example there are much better example than that.

RE: Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - Jake2015 - 08-14-2018

I always see children of the rich, children of world leaders, royalty etc all be in harvard, yale, oxford etc and still wonder how.

I also still wonder how children of rich families still do well when others do not.

RE: Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - Zane - 08-14-2018

(08-14-2018, 06:12 PM)Jake2015 Wrote: I always see children of the rich, children of world leaders, royalty etc all be in harvard, yale, oxford etc and still wonder how.

I also still wonder how children of rich families still do well when others do not.

Well one thing is for sure.. No one dare to bully them.. So that makes things easier and secondly they have access to best teacher or home tutors in the world.

Since they are rich I am sure they are surrounded by Successful people.

Or Maybe I am Imagining stuff.

But doesn't mean they are smart.. Ofc their dad is rich so they can start any business and hire best professional.

Double Post

Double Post.. My Mobile hates me..

RE: Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - Blazedo - 08-15-2018

Very much like Shannon now has made an "Ultra Success" subliminal and multiple people have mentioned how they perform better at the gym, feel more motivated etc.

That's how successful people are in general, something which their kids then also learn. They don't allow their beliefs to limit themselves.

If you were brought up in a "successful" home, it's very much possible that you get some of your successful parents habits and adopt their behaviors.

This is definitively not always the case, and we also have the few cases where rich people "pay their way in".

RE: Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - Jake2015 - 08-15-2018

(08-14-2018, 07:00 PM)Zane Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 06:12 PM)Jake2015 Wrote: I always see children of the rich, children of world leaders, royalty etc all be in harvard, yale, oxford etc and still wonder how.

Well one thing is for sure.. No one dare to bully them.. So that makes things easier and secondly they have access to best teacher or home tutors in the world.

Since they are rich I am sure they are surrounded by Successful people.

Or Maybe I am Imagining stuff.

But doesn't mean they are smart.. Ofc their dad is rich so they can start any business and hire best professional.

Makes sense but I know Prince Charles was bullied but hes not a great example as he doesnt have to earn success he was born into it.

The home tutoring makes sense though in this case.

I just wonder whether they pay their way into these universities.

I mean most of the worlds leaders children have been to harvard or yale or oxford etc so wondered how on earth they did that.

(08-15-2018, 02:57 AM)Blazedo Wrote: Very much like Shannon now has made an "Ultra Success" subliminal and multiple people have mentioned how they perform better at the gym, feel more motivated etc.

That's how successful people are in general, something which their kids then also learn. They don't allow their beliefs to limit themselves.

If you were brought up in a "successful" home, it's very much possible that you get some of your successful parents habits and adopt their behaviors.

This is definitively not always the case, and we also have the few cases where rich people "pay their way in".

Thanks Blazedo, thats what I was wondering and thinking too.

RE: Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - thor2014 - 08-15-2018

Jake when I was living over in London I worked for a private university where it cost 25 grand a year alone just to attend the classes. It was only those kids from rich and successful backgrounds got to study there. In fact many of the sons and daughters who attended had fathers who were politicians, CEOs and millionares.

I do believe some of them did get the opportunity to study at Oxford and Cambridge due to their status and the parents paying donations to the university. Obviously there were also some bright kids who got into Oxford and Cambridge from poor backgrounds like those who won scholarships.

There was one student I met whose father groomed him to prepare him to take over his oil company I think it was in Russia all he wanted was his son to study for 5 years in London before he took up the role.

RE: Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - RTBoss - 08-15-2018

(08-15-2018, 03:14 AM)Jake2015 Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 02:57 AM)Blazedo Wrote: Very much like Shannon now has made an "Ultra Success" subliminal and multiple people have mentioned how they perform better at the gym, feel more motivated etc.

My dad's a very successful attorney. We had money. I resented that he was never home, always stressed, and pressured me to be like him (someone whose traits and life trajectory I did NOT admire). I am free-spirited, and have always made my own path through life. I chose a career that helps people - personal training - and where I could be my own boss. I always wanted to spend my time with my kids, unlike my own dad. Now, I work from home, have a wife who has amazing work/life balance and brings home most of the money, and spend a lot of time with my kids. It's not always fun or easy, but to me, that's success.

My brother was just named to Forbes list of Top 1000 Up and Coming Financial Advisers. He's always been a good mix of me and my sister.

My sister - the youngest - worked her ASS off all her life. She never had that many friends, because she always had her nose in a book. Even at the dinner table, she read books. She graduated from a high school class of 800-1000 people, and was Valedictorian (head of her class). She went to Wharton (where Warren Buffet went for his first two years of undergraduate university) at Penn, and then worked her way through a few finance firms in NYC. She has been CFO of a company before the age of 30. Needless to say, she makes great money. But...she worked over 100 hours per week for years, was stressed, miserable, health suffered...marriage suffered...

Now, she is with a company that respects her, she has better work/life balance. I told her, "You did all that work so YOU can decide what you want to do - not so someone else can throw you around and abuse you." I think she's finally on a happier/healthier path. She believes in herself more.

End Rant, lol.

(08-15-2018, 05:23 AM)thor2014 Wrote: Jake when I was living over in London I worked for a private university where it cost 25 grand a year alone just to attend the classes. It was only those kids from rich and successful backgrounds got to study there. In fact many of the sons and daughters who attended had fathers who were politicians, CEOs and millionares.

I do believe some of them did get the opportunity to study at Oxford and Cambridge due to their status and the parents paying donations to the university. Obviously there were also some bright kids who got into Oxford and Cambridge from poor backgrounds like those who won scholarships.

There was one student I met whose father groomed him to prepare him to take over his oil company I think it was in Russia all he wanted was his son to study for 5 years in London before he took up the role.

Hey Thor, 25k a year!!! I honestly hope when 6G is out, that BAMM can make me able to afford all that that would be a miracle!

I hear you bro, its always been in my mind that you either have to be a nerd - someone that studies nothing but their subject non-stop 24/7 like a robot or have somehow rich/influential parents/families and thus the university allows them in to keep their status as an important university current and alive.

The only people that confuse me are those that choose odd subjects to study at these or any uni, such as philosophy or oriental studies. I get it, for those wanting to become philosophers or educators/academics in all things oriental makes sense but I dont see how these abstract subjects can get you a job which is the goal after graduating isnt it? lol

I just came across this article which apparently sheds some light on the matter:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12308121

does going to oxford, harvard etc gua

(08-15-2018, 05:33 AM)RTBoss Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 03:14 AM)Jake2015 Wrote:

My dad's a very successful attorney. We had money. I resented that he was never home, always stressed, and pressured me to be like him (someone whose traits and life trajectory I did NOT admire). I am free-spirited, and have always made my own path through life. I chose a career that helps people - personal training - and where I could be my own boss. I always wanted to spend my time with my kids, unlike my own dad. Now, I work from home, have a wife who has amazing work/life balance and brings home most of the money, and spend a lot of time with my kids. It's not always fun or easy, but to me, that's success.

My brother was just named to Forbes list of Top 1000 Up and Coming Financial Advisers. He's always been a good mix of me and my sister.

My sister - the youngest - worked her ASS off all her life. She never had that many friends, because she always had her nose in a book. Even at the dinner table, she read books. She graduated from a high school class of 800-1000 people, and was Valedictorian (head of her class). She went to Wharton (where Warren Buffet went for his first two years of undergraduate university) at Penn, and then worked her way through a few finance firms in NYC. She has been CFO of a company before the age of 30. Needless to say, she makes great money. But...she worked over 100 hours per week for years, was stressed, miserable, health suffered...marriage suffered...

Now, she is with a company that respects her, she has better work/life balance. I told her, "You did all that work so YOU can decide what you want to do - not so someone else can throw you around and abuse you." I think she's finally on a happier/healthier path. She believes in herself more.

End Rant, lol.

respect to you for sharing that man and respect to your family's success but to you for being sure of what you wanted to do and doing it!!

I need advice on how to work out my macros and lose my weight didnt know you were a PT lol im going to be paying alot for a PT this semester to get me started in that, if he isnt great ill chase you down if thats ok bro?

RE: Rich Kids - Top Schools/University - thor2014 - 08-15-2018

I appreciate that I might be digressing from the subject. However I believe that its waste of time and money going to university these days. They fill your head with absolute garbage. I have met people who were undergraduates at Harvard and they tell me the majority of students felt lonely and isolated. I was told a lot of them are on anxiety related medication etc. Some of them felt lonely and isolated as Harvard is somewhere in the middle of nowhere where its difficult to reach the next town.

I wasted three years at university and my degree did not assist me in anyway to get my first job.