Subliminal Talk
My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext (/Thread-My-Subliminals-Context-Subtext-within-Supertext)

Pages: 1 2

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Jones - 06-09-2016

(06-08-2016, 06:24 PM)DisneylandUSA Wrote: Sounds great that you and your wife, laugh together about things. Good Joy in your Household Smile

It's not "bad," but it needs some work (20 years of marriage will do that, no matter how good it is). Which is why I'm setting us up with EPRHA2 once this ASC run is complete.

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Jones - 06-09-2016

I woke up today feeling on top of the world. This used to be an everyday roll-out-of-bed feeling for me. But... It's been a few years since I had that feeling without Wolf (a pheromone product).

Not QUITE that on top of the world strut portrayed by the opening sequence of "Saturday Night Fever"

More like a low key, "Damn, If feels Good to be Me!"

I've had the subtle feeling for the last few days that something was bubbling up... but I didn't expect it to hit quite so soon.

SWEET! This ASC is starting to do its thang!

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Jones - 06-17-2016

ASC: Day 20

Average listening time since day 10:
10-12 hours during the day (trickling stream on earbuds)
6-8 hours during the night (ultrasonic on speaker)

Not much to report.

Physical: I still experience carb cravings greater than what is typical for me. Perhaps an uptick of 5-10% of my caloric intake in the form of carbohydrates. I have found a good way to combat this is increased fiber. "Dave's Killer Bread" (which I buy at Costco) helps keep me full so I don't overdo it (gotta stay on track with the macros).

Sleep: I am not as tired as I was the first 10 days. Perhaps my mind/body is growing accustomed to the load.

Emotions/outlook: The anger I reported before (arguments with loved ones in absentia) is no longer there (one instance in the last 10 days). Now I am more calm. It's almost like a feeling of having let go of the petty stuff.

I am looking at the world through amused and unperturbed eyes.

Additional side-effects: I have noticed (or perceived) a slight improvement in my wife's demeanor. It's too small to describe, except to say she seems less stressed overall (remember, she gets exposed to the ultrasonic track during the night).

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - ncbeareatingman - 06-17-2016

I wanna relay something. there are absolutely MATES of the SOUL...soul mates that have a vertical connection with each other,who ever said or made up the idea/belief that two people have to be perfect in order to be soul mates was BS to start with..but there are mates of the SOUL and I've met some of them,granted they are few and far between but they are indeed on the planet...its much deeper than I can or wanna go into here but they are here #2) as fars as Myers-Briggs is concerned been there done that back in the summer of 1998...4 yrs later I would find and do COREMAP-finding your true north... it makes myers-briggs look like a Polaroid snap shot of your head compared to a 360 degree Holgraphic Image of your entire life. I did it twice and have had 4 consultations there after with life coaches John Lovitt and Mark Shwarts about it. In less than One year I'd quantum jumped so far they were astounded at how I did it...it was from the lighthealing dot com and the deep heavy removal of old subconscious blockages as such,but yeah coremap is some deep shit brother...real deep and it gives you amazing perpective and insights in to your life over all. NOT selling,sharing. that was 15 yrs ago...Im still clearing and quantum jumping love this good shit. peace. keith. you can google coremap,ect if ya wish of lighthealing. have a good weekend.

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Jones - 06-24-2016

ASC: Day 27

I have been listening to ASC exclusively now for 26 days, as I write this, it is just after 0800 on the 27th day.

My listening has settled into a pattern. During the night hours, I play the ultrasonic track for 6-9 hours (depending upon how much sleep I get that night). During the day, I listen to the babbling brook on a set of Photive BTE70 bluetooth earbuds. Usually, I get 6-10 hours of listening during the day.
<Aside>
During the last 26 days, I have spent a fair amount of time reading the logs, questions, comments, and banter of the regular participants in this forum.

It seems to me that reactions to subliminals seems to be across the board. So reading the observations of others fascinates me.

We humans are remarkably similar in our makeup. Our personalities are diverse within a fairly narrow range. However...comma... It is the sum (and weighting) of life experiences, unique to each of us that compel us to react a certain way to both external stimuli AND our internal monologue.

Two people with identical birth dates, personality types, intellect, dialects, and education can react in wildly different ways to an external stimulus... based on the different life experiences which shaped their perspectives and thought process.

Regarding the internal monologue, I would posit that Yes, it is a product of our experiences... It is also a self-perpetuating, self-reinforcing process.

Though I cannot recall the post, recently Shannon remarked that those who live in their own head may take more time to react to subliminals than those who do not (I'm taking a lot of license in this paraphrasing).

So... if you're having difficulty, I suggest some serious work on your inner game as well as subliminal work. See also "What to Say When You Talk to Yourself" by Shad Helmstetter.

When it comes to subliminals, I am both a believer and a skeptic.
  • A believer, because every Rule 4 view in existence teaches that as a man thinks, he is. Ergo, our thoughts define both our actions and our being.
    This French fellow, a stand up philosopher named Descartes once said "I think, therefore I am." It sounds pithy and makes you sound smart at parties, but it does not even begin to cover the truth of it.
    He should have said "What I think determines how I act, how I react, what I am, and what I become."
  • I am a skeptic when it comes to the idea that our thoughts or "aura" (without our words) influence the actions of others.
    I'm going to have to test this out for myself. If it works, I will happily report being wrong. Until then, color me doubtful.
</Aside>

On to my report of ASC!
Effects

I cannot look back and say "oh my goodness, it's like night and day!" But what I CAN do is say "this really works."

ASC has been a proving ground for me... I can "feel" the difference more than anything else. It is subtle, but effective.

There is an old saying, something along the lines of 'there are those who believe they can and there are those who believe they cannot... they are both usually right.'

I have gone from not believing I can, back to believing that I can.

The best way I know to describe it is to say "I feel like my old self again."

For those of you who cling to the "placebo effect" rebuttal. Let me ask you this... If, after taking a placebo, your condition improves, are you going to quibble over whether it was the sugar pill or your belief in it that caused the improvement? Or are you going to revel in the improvement and get your game on?

External manifestation

If you aren't intensely aware by now that women like strong, confident men, then you probably haven't ever had a girlfriend.

This fact never changes, even after you are married.

Things have become more interesting in the bedroom around here.

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Jones - 07-01-2016

EPHRA 2.0 began at 00:00 01 Jul 2016.

Listening protocol -
Night: Ultrasonic on speaker 6-8 hours
Day: Ocean or Stream on earbuds 6-10 hours

Initial Observations:

I have read the EPHRA 2.0 description page at the store; have been studiously reading the journals of those who have gone before me in E2.

I've been looking for some definable characteristic or commonality among those who have experienced success. However, I have come to the conclusion that this may not be possible.

Our outlook reflects the sum total of our life experiences and world view. As a result, what may cause unbearable emotional pain for one, may be no more than an emotional scratch to another.

Looking for the finish line (as in recognizing it from out here at the start) may not be a productive endeavor. So I am going to ride it out and see what happens.

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Jones - 07-06-2016

Describe the sound of one hand clapping, the taste of sunshine, or the nature of a vacuum.

This is how it feels trying to figure out E2 and what it's doing.

EPRHA 2.0, Day 6

I have read other accounts of E2, and wondered why people "lost the urge" to journal their experiences. Yet, as I sit here trying to document my own... it's as if the thoughts are right there in front of me, yet when I reach for them, they move further away. But I shall make the attempt.

My listening protocol has not changed. 6-8 hours during the day, listening to the trickling stream over bluetooth earbuds. Followed by 6-8 hours at night listening to the ultrasonic track on a speaker in the bedroom.

The Physical:

Having run ASC 5G before this, I thought I had gotten past the tendency toward fatigue. Not so, during these first few days on E2, I have noticed that I am tired, and my brain is a little foggy (though that may be due to lack of sleep... see below for details).

My diet does not seem to be affected. It remains a little higher carb (perhaps 5% higher) than it was before beginning ASC.

No odd "hot flashes". HOWEVER, I have been running a little hot consistently. I've been experiencing some night sweats, and for the last several weeks, I've had to sleep on top of the covers. Today, I'm going to pick up some Cordyceps to help with that.

Observations:

About 5 months ago, I had an experience with a family member that made me angry (not a fight, but my reaction to their action). So angry, in fact, that I was unable to sleep that night, and had an attack of tinnitus (first ever) that lasted for two months. Worse still, I was in "primal scream" mode for about a week afterward.

This is the event that led to my do or die red pill moment.

FAST FORWARD...

Wednesday and Thursday the 29th & 30th of June, I had occasion to spend some time alone with this family member. My anger has long passed (and I'm not one to hold a grudge). However, there was a related incident that annoyed me.

Friday 01 Jul 2016, I began E2. I do not know if it was related or not, but it struck me as unusual that From the 1st of July, until the 4th of July, I was filled with anger at this same person. This anger manifested shortly after sundown each day.

Not just "i'm mad at you" anger... but seething, bitter rage. This rage was directed at my family member's behavior from last week, as well as from several months ago.

It was bad enough that I could not sleep until after 03:00 for several days. Completely ruined my schedule. I am a morning person, and for those days, I didn't wake up until 08:00.

Last night (the 5th of July) it subsided a bit and I was able to get more rest.

Thoughts on E2:

It's still to early to say anything concrete. And I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to pin down the effects in my own life.

But I'm going to ride it out, and see what happens.

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Jones - 07-08-2016

Quote:"You have to remember that E2 isn't doing anything. It's just a set of instructions. It's the person who uses it, who accepts and executes those instructions, who is doing it."
~Shannon

Day 8: Brief Entry

I think it bears repeating what Shannon said [above] about E2. Sometimes I read folks' account of it as if the program is "doing" something, with a mind of its own.

It really isn't. The true power of the subliminal program isn't the delivery technology, but the scripting. It is the scripting which delivers instructions (programming) to your mind... It is your mind that does the work.

That said... I think I felt a pattern:

I cannot prove it, too early to tell. But I have this notion that I am subconsciously going backward, chronologically, through my memories and... one by one... letting go of the hurts and traumas, and emotional pain "events" that I experienced over a lifetime of being human.

Will be alert for something more definable.

Time for some R&R

Tomorrow morning, I am leaving on a family vacation. I will touch base with you guys when I return. Perhaps the peaceful sound of the waves crashing upon the shore in Destin, FL will help me relax and observe this process more closely. Cool

Then again... spending a week with the in-laws might impede the relaxation Tongue

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Shannon - 07-08-2016

E2 and positive thinking!

Enjoy Florida.

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - darklord1 - 07-08-2016

Hello Jones,

Liked your posts and especially related to the hunger, tiredness, and today the anger which is not like me.

So it is comforting to see similar responses and that they get better and highlight that the sub is working.

You alluded to some bedroom stuff and I am noticing that women are responding to me even though this is not sexual.

Crazy stuff.

E2, Day 34: "Diggin' Up Bones"... or bad memories. - Jones - 08-03-2016

EPRHA2 Day 34

It has been almost a month since my last report. Now I know what others have been talking about when they say during E2 reporting that "I don't feel like logging."

However, this may be a temporary thing, as I have slowly begun to catch up reading the forum after spending several weeks experiencing an "I can't be bothered with it" sort of malaise.

Effects of E2

For those who are familiar with Pixar, I feel like Wall-e on a giant trash pile... Within my head is a mountain of refuse. The negativity that accumulated over the course of a lifetime.

With each passing day, my subconscious is able to process and let go of a bit more debris. Slowly but surely, I am working my way through this pile of garbage.

Just as an archaeologist might, as I progress through this task, every now and then I find a more significant emotional artifact. When that happens, the emotions that I felt during that event are replayed in my memory. I find myself experiencing those feelings all over again. Sometimes, I even argue with the person who caused these feelings (though they are not present).

<aside>
If you experience something similar, I must caution you to have these "discussions" in private. People will think you need medication if they observe you carrying on a heated conversation with someone who is not there. Big Grin
</aside>

Progress

I know I am making progress. Honestly though, the only way I can prove it (and then only prove it to me, not to you), is that whenever my subconscious processes an emotional artifact... I can usually identify the date stamp on the recording.

Just as an archaeologist finds relics from further back in time as he digs deeper, I recognize that I am progressing backward through my memories with each artifact I find.

The Outlook

I am cleaning out the landfill of emotional debris deposited in my subconscious over the past 48 years. This takes time. However, there is progress, ergo there will be an end.

At the current rate of progress, I anticipate 128 days being enough to do the job, placing my tentative end date at 05 Nov 2016.

My confidence in this estimate is a little over 50% right now, so it is subject to change. BUT... as I make progress I also expect that progress to go faster.

Why? Because the last 20 years were much more painful than the first 20 years.