Subliminal Talk
JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 (/Thread-JAKE-S-EHPRA-2-0)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - eternity - 12-28-2016

dude it's not supposed to be that difficult lol.

you got speakers? yes
you got a device to play on? yes

step 1: connect device to the speakers
step 2: press play
step 3: go on with your life

you're overcomplicating this.
heheheheh

p.s. E2 can take a long time to work on some people. For me, it took a single run of 60 days and ten a second run of 30 days to have serious life changing effects on me.

so don't worry if you're "not there yet".

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Shannon - 12-28-2016

Step 1. Pick a device you will use to play your sub on.

Step 2. Set it to 50% volume.

Step 3. Play the program on loop one. Only use that player device to play it.

Done.

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 01-04-2017

thank you very much Smile

I learnt today from a sound engineer that NO laptops can play 20KHZ silent subs so that is where I believe I have lost out on - my mac book pro was used when it shouldn't have.

I will be using my Audio engine now to play silent only - and this will be at night at 50% as per shannons advice and rather than 5hours I'm going to just try and get a good nights worth this way.

During the day if I can I will play a masked track at 50% volume on whatever device I have which may be my phone or laptop.

Either way my primary mode of listening will now be the audio engine for ultra silent and anything else for masked.

headphones when i had used them did give me the dreams I recall so perhaps its time I tried to incorporate that into my regime, which isn't possible unless I take 1 hour out of my day to just listen and relax.

My evenings tend to be used for listening or watching some form of media (music or movie) so masked always gets in the way and leads to anxiety of whether I'm getting the full effect thus for me masked can only be used if I'm not trying to listen or watch anything else during this time.

what do you all think? thanks

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - robstar - 01-07-2017

(01-04-2017, 07:26 PM)Jake2015 Wrote: thank you very much Smile

I learnt today from a sound engineer that NO laptops can play 20KHZ silent subs so that is where I believe I have lost out on - my mac book pro was used when it shouldn't have.

I will be using my Audio engine now to play silent only - and this will be at night at 50% as per shannons advice and rather than 5hours I'm going to just try and get a good nights worth this way.

During the day if I can I will play a masked track at 50% volume on whatever device I have which may be my phone or laptop.

Either way my primary mode of listening will now be the audio engine for ultra silent and anything else for masked.

headphones when i had used them did give me the dreams I recall so perhaps its time I tried to incorporate that into my regime, which isn't possible unless I take 1 hour out of my day to just listen and relax.

My evenings tend to be used for listening or watching some form of media (music or movie) so masked always gets in the way and leads to anxiety of whether I'm getting the full effect thus for me masked can only be used if I'm not trying to listen or watch anything else during this time.

Shannon has said multiple times that masked can be run on the same headphones/speakers that you are playing media on as long as you can hear the masked. I do it all the time. Don't play it too loud (can't hear the talking in a movie), don't play it too quiet (can't hear the masked).

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 01-14-2017

(01-07-2017, 11:32 PM)robstar Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 07:26 PM)Jake2015 Wrote: thank you very much Smile

Shannon has said multiple times that masked can be run on the same headphones/speakers that you are playing media on as long as you can hear the masked. I do it all the time. Don't play it too loud (can't hear the talking in a movie), don't play it too quiet (can't hear the masked).

Thanks a lot Rostar.

I just feel anxious sometimes because I'm hoping for results and when i got nothing after 42days of consistent listening I felt I was listening all wrong with E2 etc

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 01-19-2017

Update I'm still home with the family and unable to listen at all.

As before the plan remains the same.

However I've realised I had my anger. When I get stressed, such as when I have lost something and cannot find it, I get super stressed (I'm sure that is the best description that I can give) and then get angry too.

If I find the item then I am super relieved and grateful.

I wonder as well as knocking out my inner demons and fears, which I still hope E2 will do, that it will work on whatever this issue is that I have.

I don't like losing it with those I love.

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 01-26-2017

Im back at University.

I will now endeavour to listen as pre-scribed in the previous posts.

As a recap however:

Listen Ultra Silent only via my Audio Engine A2+ speakers at night (because no laptop at all can play Ultra Silent)

Listen to masked any other time in the day if I can and want to - which quite honestly seems to be unlikely, as watching a movie or studying is disturbed with masked tracks and I the main and only reason I ever came to this site was in the hope that Ultra Silent tracks would work on me without infringing on my day to day life.

I havent dismissed masked, and will try to always give them a go, but its not going to be a regular daily listen if at all, thats the truth I think.

Ill see how it goes anyway and keep posting when needed.

Lets just hope that this sub is the first sub to actually work on me.

thanks for reading

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 03-23-2017

Update - PLEASE READ AND REPLY.

Hey Guys

Ive been travelling and so unable to start E2.

As most of you will know my issues of listening consistently seem difficult due to my current lifestyle.

To get 3months or 6months of continuous listening without any stoppage seems impossible due to being an international or foreign student in another country.

Due to this dilemma, I usually return back to my home nation i.e. to get back to family, within 3months...thats has seemed to have been the practise since being a student again 1.5years ago.

An obvious question arises now which is why not listen when home?

As my thread here will have mentioned on a few occasions, this isn't possible as I do not have the means to play any subs.

I have a mac book pro and have realised that it CANNOT play ultra silent subs - both the crackling sound and a sound engineer have told me this.

I do not have any speakers at home, I cannot afford them nor place them anywhere where I sleep.

I only therefore have a Samsung mobile/cell phone which would only play mono not stereo.

I have therefore no means to play the subs when home.

I have thus taken this trip/holiday/vacation back home now so that once I return, from April - June I will have uninterrupted play of atleast 2 months. If I am still at uni doing exams until JULY 1st then I will have reached 3months of uninterrupted play.

This is the best I can do which is a real real stress for me as I wanted to listen for 6months without any hassle.

I have speakers set up around my bed at university, they are Audio Engine A2+ that I had bought ONLY for my time at uni and even though I have asked many here on multiple occasions as to whether they are okay, I believe they are due to their ability to reach 20khz frequency. If I'm wrong please tell me now before I waste valuable hours of play.

I prefer to play ultra silent only as this is unintrusive.

I do not like to play masked while watching a tv show such as The Flash or Suits on my laptop as it just interfers with my pleasure time.

I thus can only play masked when I'm not watching anything and this has become unlikely to be honest.

I live 5mins from uni so listening on a travel journey to and from uni isn't likely either.

At uni well there is no time because when I'm not there I'm home and thats either studying time when I'm listening to music to help me study or watching youtube studying videos etc

I will try to listen to masked if I have 1 hour free at any time, with headphones but honestly this is unlikely as my schedule is so tight.

The ONLY hope I have now is 8hrs play atleast every night with my speakers.

Please assist if you have any advice or suggestions you can make.

I hope to be back at uni next week and then hope to start my play time of ultra silent from then.

thank you for reading, if you have any advice do share.

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Blink - 03-23-2017

It seems that you do have some time to play the silent tracks on your phone, either while studying, watching shows, or sleeping. Samsung phones play ultrasonic. Do it on mono, it's better than nothing. That's how the creator of these subs listens to them. He must know a thing or two Tongue

Or get these headphones. You should be able to afford them. It's the cost of two sandwiches... And they play ultrasonic.

I think you're making it way too complicated, unless I'm misunderstanding your situation. But I think you should be able to find 2 quiet hours a day. If not, I guess just wait till you get back to your original setup.

EDIT: Your speakers are very good. They play ultrasonic.

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - RTBoss - 03-23-2017

What keeps you from masked on headphones while you sleep? If you want inexpensive, reliable headphones that are comfortable to sleep with, I recommend Cozy Phones

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 03-29-2017

(03-23-2017, 05:39 PM)Blink Wrote: It seems that you do have some time to play the silent tracks on your phone, either while studying, watching shows, or sleeping. Samsung phones play ultrasonic. Do it on mono, it's better than nothing. That's how the creator of these subs listens to them. He must know a thing or two Tongue

Or get these headphones. You should be able to afford them. It's the cost of two sandwiches... And they play ultrasonic.

I think you're making it way too complicated, unless I'm misunderstanding your situation. But I think you should be able to find 2 quiet hours a day. If not, I guess just wait till you get back to your original setup.

EDIT: Your speakers are very good. They play ultrasonic.

Hey Blink, thanks for replying and sorry for my late reply back.

Wait really?? I have the new S7 (well s8 was revealed or released today but its new to me) and being mono was a concern but I thought its impossible to play US on it since its not 20KHZ speakers either, am I right please?

I know that Shannon and others here have said that YOU MUST NOT listen to US on headphones at all, so the headphones you suggested can't be used for this, again am i right please?

Firstly thank you for the edit, I appreciate it. Im glad that the speakers can be used and really appreciate you taking the time to help me with my post thank you so much.

Regarding the 'over complication' side. The situation at home with family is that I cannot sleep in my bedroom due to a environmental disaster causing the ceiling to fall in, so I sleep in the lounge. My family are night owls, so I don't get to sleep until they do. In the lounge the only devices I could use to play any subs would be either my macbook pro laptop 2015 or my s7 samsung phone.

I have doubted my macbook to play US and a sound engineer at a hospital told me that they cannot play 20khz range.

I went for a hearing checkup and they said my left ear as a slight decrease range of higher frequencies due to age, I'm younger than 40 and they said that this is expected in those above 40 so they assumed that I worked or play in loud sound environments. I don't and this hasnt been of any concern to me anyway in the past. Its only when people talk to me in a busy room or atmosphere that I find it hard to sometimes gauge what is being said.

I don't think that this however would affect my ability to hear the subs but my point is that the macbook could only be used to play masked and at night its annoying for sure at times.

The s7 I could use for US I guess, however ill await you getting back to me regarding its ability to play 20khz US, but if it can its better than nothing I agree.

Back now here in Europe for uni/school and here my setup would allow me to play the US for the designated 8hours.

My goal however is to try and create and maintain a study schedule where I study 9-6 as if its a full time work - I really want to dedicate myself to becoming a good student.

Thus my only downtime/free time would be lunch time and thats the time I don't want to play masked if I'm watching a tv show etc.

After this from 6-9 is my free time and this is when I want to relax again with youtube or movies etc and as you read my speakers are in my room and unable to be moved to my living room area where I chill in my apartment.

So I can only foresee the nighttime as for now being the way to listen, do you think thats the case or can you offer any options please?

thank you

(03-23-2017, 08:42 PM)RTBoss Wrote: What keeps you from masked on headphones while you sleep? If you want inexpensive, reliable headphones that are comfortable to sleep with, I recommend Cozy Phones

Hey RTSBoss, thanks for replying and sorry for my late reply.

I was suggested 'Sleepphones' by another member and tried those but they caused my ears to get warm - hot, and also sore. I guess the shape of my outer ear isn't conducive to wearing headphones Sad

So due to this I didn't have this option.

If you have any other thoughts please share so I can try my best at making these subs work for me.

thank you

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Blink - 03-29-2017

(03-29-2017, 12:13 PM)Jake2015 Wrote: Wait really?? I have the new S7 (well s8 was revealed or released today but its new to me) and being mono was a concern but I thought its impossible to play US on it since its not 20KHZ speakers either, am I right please?

I know that Shannon and others here have said that YOU MUST NOT listen to US on headphones at all, so the headphones you suggested can't be used for this, again am i right please?

S7 would be able to play US with no issues. I have the S4 and it does the trick really well. Mono will not be as efficient as stereo, but that's not to say that it won't have any effect at all. On the contrary, it works very well, and, I've had very vivid dreams when I had no other option but to use US on my S4 at night.

True, US on headphones is not recommended because you can have it at a very high volume without your knowledge and damage your ears. But if you're careful and calibrate the volume safely, you're good to go. Lots of the forum members do it. I've tried it myself as well. To calibrate the volume, try the masked ocean track and as long as you're hearing the lowest of the waves very faintly, you should be able to use the US track at that volume level. You can even take it down a notch from that point. For me that's at 20-25% of the device's maximum volume (so 3 or 4 clicks out of 15 on the S4). Again, you have to be very careful with the setup, not to damage your ears. When you try that and feel like your ears are clogged or hurt the next day, you can always take it down a tick.

(03-29-2017, 02:22 PM)Blink Wrote:
(03-29-2017, 12:13 PM)Jake2015 Wrote: Wait really?? I have the new S7 (well s8 was revealed or released today but its new to me) and being mono was a concern but I thought its impossible to play US on it since its not 20KHZ speakers either, am I right please?

S7 would be able to play US with no issues. I have the S4 and it does the trick really well. Mono will not be as efficient as stereo, but that's not to say that it won't have any effect at all. On the contrary, it works very well, and, I've had very vivid dreams when I had no other option but to use US on my S4 at night.

True, US on headphones is not recommended because you can have it at a very high volume without your knowledge and damage your ears. But if you're careful and calibrate the volume safely, you're good to go. Lots of the forum members do it. I've tried it myself as well. To calibrate the volume, try the masked ocean track and as long as you're hearing the lowest of the waves very faintly, you should be able to use the US track at that volume level. You can even take it down a notch from that point. For me that's at 20-25% of the device's maximum volume (so 3 or 4 clicks out of 15 on the S4). Again, you have to be very careful with the setup, not to damage your ears. When you try that and feel like your ears are clogged or hurt the next day, you can always take it down a tick.

wow I had no idea at all and so I posed this to Shannon too but brilliant than you so much!!!

This HELPS me somewhat because atleast I can use the s7 for US and then watch stuff and live life as usual Smile

If I'm able to then ill try the headphones though I'm just concerned of damaging the ears....its a mild worry of course.

brilliant than you, if you have any other tips or suggestions please let me know.

Since its MONO using s4/s7 (and ill be using it mostly to sit on my desk and play if not with headphones) then results take longer? or not as effective?