Subliminal Talk
What do you do to support yourself financially? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: What do you do to support yourself financially? (/Thread-What-do-you-do-to-support-yourself-financially)

What do you do to support yourself financially? - mat422 - 03-11-2016

I'm currently unemployed, but looking to get some kind of entry level IT job where I gain experience. But damn, the job search in the US is terrible. Half the entry level jobs already require 1 to 2 years of experience right off the bat which I don't have. Honestly I'm not even looking for much money, just enough so I can afford rent and feed myself. It's ridiculous how hard that has become nowadays.

RE: What do you do to support yourself financially? - Geodude - 03-12-2016

(03-11-2016, 10:07 AM)mat422 Wrote: I'm currently unemployed, but looking to get some kind of entry level IT job where I gain experience. But damn, the job search in the US is terrible. Half the entry level jobs already require 1 to 2 years of experience right off the bat which I don't have. Honestly I'm not even looking for much money, just enough so I can afford rent and feed myself. It's ridiculous how hard that has become nowadays.

I'm the US too, man. Not only that, but like you, I used to have a shitload of anxiety and agoraphobia.

But guess what? I have ZERO problem finding jobs and ways to make money. Here's the secret: It's 100% your beliefs

And also, the other secret is networking. (I know, I know, it sucks balls if you have any social anxiety. Luckily you can change that.)

As insane at this sounds, the fact that you think that it's hard to make money and find jobs is 100% your beliefs. We could live in the exact same town and have the same amount of experience and I would have no problem getting an awesome job.

Is it because I'm somehow better than you? Hell no. I'm an idiot in a lot of ways, but people are eager to hire me.

I just wanted to post this so you know that 1) you're not alone 2) your problems aren't real.

I would try checking out The Abundance Course by Larry Crane and then do tapping with it.

Trust me man, I've been in your shoes. You have the power right now to change all of this.

RE: What do you do to support yourself financially? - Geodude - 03-12-2016

(03-11-2016, 11:58 AM)yeah! Wrote: I'm doing manual labor and have to do a lot of hours to make the money to support myself and my family. I want to become an entrepreneur but I have no skills and nothing to offer. By the end of the day/week I am so wiped out that I collapse, but if I have time to post on this forum, I have time to study something, so well see.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation mat422

Is there a way to get some equiptment together and just do some service? Or is the manual labor in your country so cheap it wouldn't be worth it? (I'm talking a window cleaning or lawn mowing thing which is basically a job, but it will provide you with steady income)

You have no skills and nothing to offer? That's bullshit! Smile

What's something you've done a lot for 5 or more years? No matter what it is, you can leverage that to make money.

The key, as with everything, is to not want anything from anyone. Like me, I don't give a fuck if I never get another client again, I'm happy either way. This energy is essential. Why do people hate cars salesmen? They're always trying to get something from you. Be the guy who doesn't do that and you're unstoppable.

It's also 100% in your beliefs.

What's something you consider yourself an expert on? It could be dumb, like being awesome at World of Warcraft, but guess what? You can turn that into some easy side-income.

Don't listen to society, most people are just sheep. You could be making six-figures in passive income by the end of the year. Anything is possible.

RE: What do you do to support yourself financially? - mat422 - 03-12-2016

(03-11-2016, 11:58 AM)yeah! Wrote: I'm doing manual labor and have to do a lot of hours to make the money to support myself and my family. I want to become an entrepreneur but I have no skills and nothing to offer. By the end of the day/week I am so wiped out that I collapse, but if I have time to post on this forum, I have time to study something, so well see.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation mat422

Is there a way to get some equiptment together and just do some service? Or is the manual labor in your country so cheap it wouldn't be worth it? (I'm talking a window cleaning or lawn mowing thing which is basically a job, but it will provide you with steady income)

It's definitely something I could look into. A lot of the illegal immigrants work those jobs though and people tend to hire them more because they cost a lot less.

(03-12-2016, 08:45 AM)Geodude Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 10:07 AM)mat422 Wrote: I'm currently unemployed, but looking to get some kind of entry level IT job where I gain experience. But damn, the job search in the US is terrible. Half the entry level jobs already require 1 to 2 years of experience right off the bat which I don't have. Honestly I'm not even looking for much money, just enough so I can afford rent and feed myself. It's ridiculous how hard that has become nowadays.

I'm the US too, man. Not only that, but like you, I used to have a shitload of anxiety and agoraphobia.

But guess what? I have ZERO problem finding jobs and ways to make money. Here's the secret: It's 100% your beliefs

And also, the other secret is networking. (I know, I know, it sucks balls if you have any social anxiety. Luckily you can change that.)

As insane at this sounds, the fact that you think that it's hard to make money and find jobs is 100% your beliefs. We could live in the exact same town and have the same amount of experience and I would have no problem getting an awesome job.

Is it because I'm somehow better than you? Hell no. I'm an idiot in a lot of ways, but people are eager to hire me.

I just wanted to post this so you know that 1) you're not alone 2) your problems aren't real.

I would try checking out The Abundance Course by Larry Crane and then do tapping with it.

Trust me man, I've been in your shoes. You have the power right now to change all of this.

Haha, thanks man this cheered me up. I guess it's easy to get sucked into this mindset when you have a long string of not getting employed. I'll be working a lot harder on addressing these beliefs from now on.

RE: What do you do to support yourself financially? - enoch - 03-14-2016

Have you tried an internship approach? I know they pay very little but that gets your feet wet and gain experience professionally.

My second suggestion is work for yourself. Find a small business and pitch to build them a website.

You'll make it.

RE: What do you do to support yourself financially? - mat422 - 03-15-2016

(03-14-2016, 03:36 AM)enoch Wrote:

Have you tried an internship approach? I know they pay very little but that gets your feet wet and gain experience professionally.

My second suggestion is work for yourself. Find a small business and pitch to build them a website.

You'll make it.

I'd gladly take an internship. It's just been tough finding one.

I've actually been thinking about picking up web development. I don't really have any knowledge of it, but I think I could do it.

RE: What do you do to support yourself financially? - Shannon - 03-31-2016

When I was 18, my mother forced me to get my first job. I was terrified (social anxiety), but I tried, and applied everywhere. No results. Everyone wanted experience, and I had none.

When I went back to my mother and told her that I couldn't get a job because I needed experience, which I couldn't get without a job, which I couldn't get without experience, she looked at me a moment and then smiled.

The she told me that she had the same problem when she first started looking for a job. I asked how she overcame it, and she smiled again, and said, "I told them I had experience."

I had a job in 2 weeks.

Now I don't advocate lying, I hate lying. But the point of the story is that:

1. Where there is a will to accomplish something, there is always a way to do it, and
  2. If you want something enough, you will inevitably find the way to do it.

Case in point: "they" told me that it was impossible to make subliminals work noticeably in less than 2 weeks.

I now have created subs that are noticeable for effect almost instantly.

"They" told me that I was never going to amount to anything because I was weak, useless, helpless, hopeless, worthless.

"They" told me that I would never be able to overcome the dyslexia I had as a kid.

"They" told me that I was going to die from {take your pick}.

"They" told me that I could not do a lot of things I have subsequently done.

All this results from my choice to take whatever "they" say I can't do, and then prove them wrong as my response.

You can do anything if you want it enough and think outside the box. Don't allow yourself to be artificially limited.

By the way, I make the world's best subliminals for a living. Something "they" told me was impossible and laughed and scoffed at me for - not just to make them, but to make the best, and to make a living at it.

Here I am.

RE: What do you do to support yourself financially? - chaosvrgn - 04-07-2016

Go to Udemy.com or Coursera.com (both have kickass online courses), invest a little money and learn new skills that you can market. If you have no disposable cash, Coursera offers financial aid and scholarships. You can fill out a form on many of the courses and get it for free.

I've was a digital marketer for years, but I've grown tired of it. My true passion is writing and storytelling, so I've been learning 3D modeling, programming and game design to expand how I can get my stories out in the world. Invested very little money, learning a lot. All courses purchased on Udemy.

I've sold pretty much everything I own except my computer, car and cell phone. That gave me a really nice nest egg. I sold my iPhone 6 Plus for like $450 on eBay and bought this unlocked BLU Android Phone for $150 (BLU Life One X -- check it out). It's nice. I killed my monthly cell phone service with Sprint, which cost $120/month and now I'm on ATT GoPhone. Get this -- I get better service (on Sprint, you can't talk and use data at the same time, wtf), unlimited minutes and I'm paying $42/month. I do get less data, but I do most of my work on Wifi anyway.

Instead of getting an apartment, I found someone with a back studio for rent. $500.

I've made a couple of infoproducts and I own some eCommerce sites. I also have a couple of copywriting clients on retainer. That brings in about $3.5k/month.

On the weekends, I drive for Uber. In my city, they offer a guaranteed $25/hour for Friday and Saturday nights. I'll drive from 10p - 3a and make like $100 - $150/night.

Planning on joining the AF Reserve or Army National Guard to kill off student loans and provide me with enough income to cover my small amount of monthly bills. Not to mention I have a Master's degree, which pretty much guarantees that I'll go in as an officer.

All in all, my monthly expenses are around $800.

What about entertainment? Well, I spend most of my day working on new infoproducts and finding clients. At night, I train martial arts for a couple of hours. Then I read. I split an Amazon Prime account with my brother so I have access to hundreds of books.

If you have a Bank of America bank account, you can get free passes to museums one weekend a month. Lol, that's where I take women out for dates. Smile

I love my simplistic lifestyle. One day, I'll "reengage" with society, but right now, I'm just gonna relax until I find out what I really want the most.

Hope that helps.