Subliminal Talk
playing subs on a loop question - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Frequently Asked Questions & Resources (FAQ) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Resources-FAQ)
+--- Thread: playing subs on a loop question (/Thread-playing-subs-on-a-loop-question)

playing subs on a loop question - hiddenalias - 12-27-2015

So I am just wondering that if you are in your home all day and the sub is playing on a loop all day BUT you are not in the same room all day (eg sometimes you get up to go use the bathroom, or kitchen etc) though the sub is still playinig will you still be 'listening' to it even if you are far off away from the stereo where it is being played?

Or should I just put it on US tones on max volume so the sound can come to as close as it can no matter where I am in the house (note that my house is just a one floor house no upstairs or downstairs).

Or is it best to just pause it when you exit the room where the sub is playing and then play it again stopping the pause when you enter back

RE: playing subs on a loop question - Spiritman - 12-27-2015

From what I have read in the past from Shannon, he states that you can just let it run all the time. Me personally, I just pause it when I leave the room and then just un-pause it when I come back in.

RE: playing subs on a loop question - hiddenalias - 12-29-2015

Agreed makes more sense....but you have to keep track of your duration of listening.

RE: playing subs on a loop question - Whisperer - 12-29-2015

If you calibrate your US so you'll be able to hear it in another room, they'll most likely be too loud when you get back into the same room they're playing at, which will lead to bad things. Since you can't hear them, you might forget to re-calibrate and become really uncomfortable. Trust me, I've just come down from experiencing a side-effect that Benjamin hadn't even heard was possible yet, and I can only hope I haven't done any permanent damage to my ears (or worse).

Can you play them constantly? Sure. As long as you don't consistently miss the exact same part, like you always walk away at exactly 42 minutes in. You're running through 250-650 cycles of the same affirmations every month (and that's assuming there are no repeats in the track itself), you won't miss anything.
When I play them on speakers, I go to the bathroom, grab food and drinks and so on. On headphones, I usually pause.

In the end, I simply do my best to get as much exposure as possible between midnight and 2100 hours. That means speakers or headphones in the office, portable device on the move and so on. If I estimate I missed 30-60 minutes because I couldn't listen to them, I'll keep it playing until 2200 hours. I don't keep exact time, that's almost unmanageable.

PS Someone with more sound-engineering skills would have to confirm this, but I believe higher frequencies travel shorter distances. In other words, US will not travel as well into the next room compared to a masked track.

RE: playing subs on a loop question - RubbeR - 01-04-2016

(12-29-2015, 12:05 PM)Whisperer Wrote: PS Someone with more sound-engineering skills would have to confirm this, but I believe higher frequencies travel shorter distances. In other words, US will not travel as well into the next room compared to a masked track.

Higher frequencies get " blocked" by obstacles easier, therefore they will also drop in dB faster with increased distance to the source. So if you go into another room, keep the door open. If there is multiple rooms/doors between you and the source, you probably wont hear the US.