Subliminal Talk
AP Code Suggestion - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Title Requests & Suggestions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Title-Requests-Suggestions)
+--- Thread: AP Code Suggestion (/Thread-AP-Code-Suggestion)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: AP Code Suggestion - TheRealJustin - 01-01-2016

I was just browsing the store for fun cause the sale and I realized that there is a PIRACY REDEMPTION subliminal.

So, Shannon, if this APCode is nothing to worry about and only educates, then WHY do people need a specially designed sub to stop the APCode?

Man, you must be lying about everything that you're saying.

You've also said there's no way for you to make an APCode that can only affect pirates and not affect paying customers, so WHY do I have a code running through my head that people need a specially designed sub to stop, and this code is affecting me? You said yourself that you can't make it only affect people pirating, and then you say it's nothing to worry about, but now I see whatever it is is so powerful that people need to use a special sub to stop whatever the apcode is doing?

That's just over the top for me, it's like you're just spitting a web of lies and half truths.

RE: AP Code Suggestion - JakeAlOmani - 01-01-2016

Again... just drop the AP Code all together and put this issue to bed forever, and keep creating the best subliminals the world has to offer...

RE: AP Code Suggestion - K-Train - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 04:42 PM)TheRealJustin Wrote: As for losing money, really you don't lose money from people pirating your stuff since it's a digital product, there's no physical inventory being stolen, so nothing is being lost. People that pirate stuff aren't people that are thinking if it wasn't available to pirate it for free they would buy it, that's not how they think at all. They think if it's free, I'll try it, if not, then fu*k it, so Shannon isn't losing one single penny from people pirating his stuff.

Money is lost on digital media as well just not always in the same way. In this specific case its lost as potential.

For example, let's say 2 different people who know nothing about each other and live in different states/countries are investigating these subs for purchase. One person buys it while the other gets it for free some where else. Assuming both use that specific subliminal for the minimum 32 days (or 6 stages for AM/WM/SM) then technically Shannon has lost money because if both pay for that subliminal (let's say it was AM) he loses 500 bucks in potential profit. That's a fact. Even though its digital, even though technically Shannon didn't press it up on a CD, the fact that 2 people have a full complete copy of his product that costs 500 bucks yet he only got 500 back when he should get $1000 is a lost in potential profit.

Here's a derivation on that scenario two people (once again, they know nothing about each other, and live in different areas) buy subliminals BUT one guy first obtained it free from a torrent site while the other paid for it legit. The guy who torrented the product later comes back and pays the $500 bucks because the AP code in AM influenced (or commanded however you wanna look at it) him to buy it. This is where it seems you and some of the others seem to have a problem. Now IF the subliminal only affected "real" pirates we wouldn't be having this discussion.

The counter argument (as presented by others) is that if we replay the previous two scenarios except this time person #1 buys AM6 for person #2 (we'll assume person #1 deletes AM6 off his hard drive afterwards). Since the AP code DOESN'T affect JUST pirates there is a potential that person #2 could end up buying AM6 for themselves anyway thus Shannon would gain profit in a situation when he technically shouldn't (a person purchasing a gift). THIS is the scenario most people don't want to happen which is why you (RealJustin) are against any AP code in general which I can respect and understand.

Bottom line: I see your point against the AP code (as outlined in the above paragraph) and I agree with THAT. I'm disagreeing with the notion that Shannon "doesn't lose money" because (as I explained) he DOES lose money or potential profit to be more specific. If you don't agree with that then no problem, we'll simply agree to disagree on that specific point.

Quote:I was just browsing the store for fun cause the sale and I realized that there is a PIRACY REDEMPTION subliminal.

I won't jump to conclusions just yet but no doubt THAT right there, needs an explanation.

PS: Those who are pirating or currently pirating any digital this post isn't shaming you guys. I've only bought 1 album this year and so I'm not gonna "hate" on people who pirate stuff. Do you people.

(01-01-2016, 06:40 PM)K-Train Wrote:
(01-01-2016, 04:42 PM)TheRealJustin Wrote: As for losing money, really you don't lose money from people pirating your stuff since it's a digital product, there's no physical inventory being stolen, so nothing is being lost. People that pirate stuff aren't people that are thinking if it wasn't available to pirate it for free they would buy it, that's not how they think at all. They think if it's free, I'll try it, if not, then fu*k it, so Shannon isn't losing one single penny from people pirating his stuff.

Money is lost on digital media as well just not always in the same way. In this specific case its lost as potential.

For example, let's say 2 different people who know nothing about each other and live in different states/countries are investigating these subs for purchase. One person buys it while the other gets it for free some where else. Assuming both use that specific subliminal for the minimum 32 days (or 6 stages for AM/WM/SM) then technically Shannon has lost money because if both pay for that subliminal (let's say it was AM) he loses 500 bucks in potential profit. That's a fact. Even though its digital, even though technically Shannon didn't press it up on a CD, the fact that 2 people have a full complete copy of his product that costs 500 bucks yet he only got 500 back when he should get $1000 is a lost in potential profit.

Here's a derivation on that scenario two people (once again, they know nothing about each other, and live in different areas) buy subliminals BUT one guy first obtained it free from a torrent site while the other paid for it legit. The guy who torrented the product later comes back and pays the $500 bucks because the AP code in AM influenced (or commanded however you wanna look at it) him to buy it. This is where it seems you and some of the others seem to have a problem. Now IF the subliminal only affected "real" pirates we wouldn't be having this discussion.

The counter argument (as presented by others) is that if we replay the previous two scenarios except this time person #1 buys AM6 for person #2 (we'll assume person #1 deletes AM6 off his hard drive afterwards). Since the AP code DOESN'T affect JUST pirates there is a potential that person #2 could end up buying AM6 for themselves anyway thus Shannon would gain profit in a situation when he technically shouldn't (a person purchasing a gift). THIS is the scenario most people don't want to happen which is why you (RealJustin) are against any AP code in general which I can respect and understand.

Bottom line: I see your point against the AP code (as outlined in the above paragraph) and I agree with THAT. I'm disagreeing with the notion that Shannon "doesn't lose money" because (as I explained) he DOES lose money or potential profit to be more specific. If you don't agree with that then no problem, we'll simply agree to disagree on that specific point.

Quote:I was just browsing the store for fun cause the sale and I realized that there is a PIRACY REDEMPTION subliminal.

I won't jump to conclusions just yet but no doubt THAT right there, needs an explanation.

PS: Those who are pirating or currently pirating any digital this post isn't shaming you guys. I've only bought 1 album this year and so I'm not gonna "hate" on people who pirate stuff. Do you people.

Yea but usually people who pirate stuff have no intention of ever buying it. They have the mind set 'I'll use it if I can find it for free, or else oh well.' There's no potential money from those people because no matter what they will never buy a program, (unless that program, programs them to start buying programs) but besides that there's nothing to lose. If I download Katy Perry's whole CD right now she didn't lose anything and she didn't lose any potential income either because there's no chance I would ever buy her CD (unless I did download it and it programmed me to buy it).

People pirate stuff, that's just life, I don't think paying customers should have to potentially get fuc*ed just because there's people in the world that pirate stuff.

Now I'm starting to wonder about Ryan cause when he got the boot he just could not stay off of this website, he just couldn't, and now I'm convinced it's programming from the APCode that made him act that way cause he was doing anything and everything he could to keep using this site, it just wasn't normal behavior so I'd put money down that he got fuc*ed by the apcode even though it's only meant for pirates.

(01-01-2016, 08:48 PM)SouthPaw Wrote: I asked about the piracy redemption about a year ago and I don't remember getting a clear answer from Shannon. He was still (maybe intentionally, maybe not) creating this mystery around the AP.

It turned out to be (only?) a link you get sent for you to make the payment of any pirated subs.

Little suggestion, put the shops/forums website address very clear on every sub so whoever pirates it will easily find he's way here.

That's weird they have it locked, and it's weird it's a payment link because don't they need to actually buy the sub to stop whatever it is that happens?

Shannon says he's very transparent but this is the most non-transparent company I've ever seen in my life, it's like every thing is a secret. I don't know what's in BASE4g but I swear running that sub just made me realize all this sh*t or something because I never even thought about this stuff before and I've been using these subs for a grip.

RE: AP Code Suggestion - Shawn - 01-02-2016

(01-01-2016, 07:02 PM)TheRealJustin Wrote: Yea but usually people who pirate stuff have no intention of ever buying it. They have the mind set 'I'll use it if I can find it for free, or else oh well.' There's no potential money from those people because no matter what they will never buy a program, (unless that program, programs them to start buying programs) but besides that there's nothing to lose. If I download Katy Perry's whole CD right now she didn't lose anything and she didn't lose any potential income either because there's no chance I would ever buy her CD (unless I did download it and it programmed me to buy it).

I must disagree at this point, because I pirated a lot of stuff in my past, especially movies and games, and if there was a product I really liked I purchased it later. But I know also people who pirated a lot and bought nothing. This is the reason I am still for some kind of AP. And if I understood it right paying customers would be still much less affected by the code. So some sort of light weight AP should be ok. And if I had the choice between using a really small amount of brain power to process the AP statement and Shannon raising the prices I would choose the first one.

RE: AP Code Suggestion - Shannon - 01-02-2016

I will start with this post, since it so far is the most inflammatory, ignorant and irritating I have come across.

(01-01-2016, 05:50 PM)TheRealJustin Wrote: I was just browsing the store for fun cause the sale and I realized that there is a PIRACY REDEMPTION subliminal.

So, Shannon, if this APCode is nothing to worry about and only educates, then WHY do people need a specially designed sub to stop the APCode?

Justin, I am quite frankly tired of dealing with your apparently willful ignorance. The piracy redemption is not a subliminal, it is where people can pay for anything they have pirated to deactivate AP code. Now, if I was to follow the exact same logic and maturity you used in your conclusion that "Man, you must be lying about everything that you're saying", I could reasonably respond with "Man, you must be dumb as a pile of shit." But you see, I don't go around saying things like that because not only do I think before I talk, I also try to educate myself on what's actually going on before I do so also.

Quote:You've also said there's no way for you to make an APCode that can only affect pirates and not affect paying customers, so WHY do I have a code running through my head that people need a specially designed sub to stop, and this code is affecting me? You said yourself that you can't make it only affect people pirating, and then you say it's nothing to worry about, but now I see whatever it is is so powerful that people need to use a special sub to stop whatever the apcode is doing?

That's just over the top for me, it's like you're just spitting a web of lies and half truths.

Let me explain this again for you, this time simpler.

You cannot execute a script without being affected by it.
You cannot be affected by a script without executing it.
You cannot comprehend a script without at least partially executing it in the process of comprehension.

Therefore...

If I set up an AP script, and it's designed to affect only pirates, non-pirates must comprehend it just as pirates must. Thus, both will be executing the script.

THIS IS WHY I FOCUSED ON EDUCATION instead of any other option. Education cannot be detrimental for anyone, because those who don't already get it will be unaffected since they already know it, and those who don't know it will grow.

I am tired of your ignorance and your personal attacks. Personal attacks break the forum rules, by the way.

Now as to ignorance, let's explore that a bit. You say that my IP code is "fear based" but that's kind of a ridiculous idea, given that the programs it is found in almost universally have anti-fear programming in them at the same time.

The simplest of logic therefore says that I cannot be using fear based methods for making my AP code work.

This is another reason I turned to education. And what does education do? It helps people overcome fear.

Why do people still pirate my stuff with impunity? Because they're not afraid to. Because we don't use fear based or guilt based or shame based AP code, I work against guilt shame and fear at every opportunity. So your argument that this is fear based is just ignorant, and dare I say it, stupid.

Now you and a very few others keep saying that. Yet it's never been an issue until YOU started screaming about how there was something to fear. YOU are the fear monger here, not me. YOU are the one making people afraid of something that is nothing to be afraid of, and then pushing to have the AP code removed.

You have also said multiple times that you do things you believe to be piracy, but yet on several occasions what you said you do that you think includes piracy is not piracy at all. Which again points to your ignorance of what you're talking about. Which makes me wonder why anyone is listening to your fear mongering.

Your little expose about how I lose no money to piracy is full of logic errors and very much wrong. It's the whole reason copyright law was created and enforced in the first place! People lose a lot of money because of piracy. I estimate that I would be making a MINIMUM of 2-3 times what I make right now if it were not for piracy. And unlike you, I see what my paycheck looks like from month to month. You have only theory to go on. If you were a content producer, I guarantee you, piracy would not be something you looked forward to.

You guys are all pushing for no AP code for this reason and that reason, and I am hearing arguments against education because it's "just more control". Well by that logic, we should all have no education at all and be beating each other to death with sticks and rocks!

So I am going to EDUCATE you all. The more your arguments against AP code are based on ignorance and fear mongering, the less seriously I will take them when I decide what to do. Fear based thinking is irrational, illogical and USELESS. I hear a lot of "Let's benefit the pirates" but very little of you guys considering the point of view I have. When you buy a copy of my program, and multiple people benefit who would not have benefited otherwise, you are losing me money that is a direct and primary incentive to keep producing these programs and doing the research and development. Only a fraction of the people who pirate it or try before they buy actually ever buy. Some forget, some are too lazy, and some just don't care. I'm supposed to pour months and years and decades into my work in the hopes that people care enough to pay for something they already have, and have benefited from, with no other reason to pay for it?

Here's a little more education for you. This is what I have come up with so far for the new AP script and notes, copied from my word processor, word for word. This is what I'm thinking. Not some devious evil plan you guys keep trying to insist I'm coming up with.

-------------

New Anti-piracy script

I now consciously and subconsciously consider and make myself aware of the value of all the time, effort, work, expertise, knowledge, research, development, testing and experience that went into making this program.

I now consciously and subconsciously consider and make myself aware of all the value I get from using this program, and I make myself consciously aware of the fact that the value I get from using this program comes from using this program.

I now consciously and subconsciously consider and make myself aware of how I would feel and respond in response to my choices and actions regarding this program if I were the producer and creator of this program and someone else did the same thing.

I now make myself consciously and subconsciously considerate of the value of all the time, effort, work, expertise, knowledge, research, development, testing and experience that went into making this program, and the actual time, effort, work, expertise, knowledge, research, development, testing and experience that went into making this program, and I now choose to do the right thing regarding returning fair value in exchange for it and the value and benefit I get from using it.

I now educate myself on what the copyright laws of my legal jurisdiction are and how they affect me.

I now choose to follow and obey the copyright laws of my legal jurisdiction with regards to this program.

1. Eliminate desire to use the pirated subliminal (consciously aware or not).
2. Direct to IML and purchase subliminal if the person needs whatever it is they are using if they can afford it I'm sure they will pay for it.

---------------------------

Part of me wants to drop AP code entirely because I feel like it's a huge waste of my time. Then some of you come up with these pie in the sky seeming ideas that piracy doesn't hurt anyone, etc. while quaking in your boots that AP code might be doing something to you that you already know it's not doing. That makes me want to pursue AP code because it makes me have no hope that the general populace has the capacity to do the common sense right thing without being educated and poked to think of someone else besides themselves once in a while.

For the time being, I'm going to be developing the AP code. You guys are welcome to give me your input and suggestions.

As for the suggestion to the lock and key system, it fails because, again, I do not have a way to perfectly execute an if/then statement. I have found a way to make it very accurate, but that code is so complex that everything it would work for would need to be 6G only, and that would mean I can't use it until 6G is released. Even then, it's not perfect yet.

RE: AP Code Suggestion - Spiritman - 01-02-2016

Thank you Shannon for saying what you stated. I was thinking it but didn't want to say it.

RE: AP Code Suggestion - Dzemoo - 01-02-2016

Can we see the current ap code?

the new ap code you have shown seems pretty ok for me but i would makes something like that

"if i benefit from this program i am willing to pay for shanons work, if i havent done already so"

"if i benefit from this program i am willing to pay for shanons work, so he can continue to produce subs and we both can benefit from it"

much easier and shorter honestly i am not interested in being educated on piracy in general just make sure you get your money, because you are no multi billion dollar company like disney world and everything is ok

RE: AP Code Suggestion - JackOfHearts - 01-02-2016

(01-02-2016, 09:21 AM)Shannon Wrote: I now educate myself on what the copyright laws of my legal jurisdiction are and how they affect me.

I now choose to follow and obey the copyright laws of my legal jurisdiction with regards to this program.

If this 2 sentences are really necessary to implement, won't the other stuff be enough to educate people and understand your point of view?

Plus it seems like an order and not a choice, correct me if I'm wrong. Also "educating myself on copyright law" seems like a waste of time to me.

Maybe something like that would be more straightforward " I now choose to pay the IML's subliminal I genuinely profited from ", that would also removed the need to pay fora pirated program that wasn't used.

RE: AP Code Suggestion - TheRealJustin - 01-02-2016

(01-02-2016, 09:21 AM)Shannon Wrote: I will start with this post, since it so far is the most inflammatory, ignorant and irritating I have come across.

(01-01-2016, 05:50 PM)TheRealJustin Wrote: I was just browsing the store for fun cause the sale and I realized that there is a PIRACY REDEMPTION subliminal.

Justin, I am quite frankly tired of dealing with your apparently willful ignorance. The piracy redemption is not a subliminal, it is where people can pay for anything they have pirated to deactivate AP code. Now, if I was to follow the exact same logic and maturity you used in your conclusion that "Man, you must be lying about everything that you're saying", I could reasonably respond with "Man, you must be dumb as a pile of shit." But you see, I don't go around saying things like that because not only do I think before I talk, I also try to educate myself on what's actually going on before I do so also.

Quote:You've also said there's no way for you to make an APCode that can only affect pirates and not affect paying customers, so WHY do I have a code running through my head that people need a specially designed sub to stop, and this code is affecting me? You said yourself that you can't make it only affect people pirating, and then you say it's nothing to worry about, but now I see whatever it is is so powerful that people need to use a special sub to stop whatever the apcode is doing?

Let me explain this again for you, this time simpler.

You cannot execute a script without being affected by it.
You cannot be affected by a script without executing it.
You cannot comprehend a script without at least partially executing it in the process of comprehension.

Therefore...

If I set up an AP script, and it's designed to affect only pirates, non-pirates must comprehend it just as pirates must. Thus, both will be executing the script.

THIS IS WHY I FOCUSED ON EDUCATION instead of any other option. Education cannot be detrimental for anyone, because those who don't already get it will be unaffected since they already know it, and those who don't know it will grow.

I am tired of your ignorance and your personal attacks. Personal attacks break the forum rules, by the way.

Now as to ignorance, let's explore that a bit. You say that my IP code is "fear based" but that's kind of a ridiculous idea, given that the programs it is found in almost universally have anti-fear programming in them at the same time.

The simplest of logic therefore says that I cannot be using fear based methods for making my AP code work.

This is another reason I turned to education. And what does education do? It helps people overcome fear.

Why do people still pirate my stuff with impunity? Because they're not afraid to. Because we don't use fear based or guilt based or shame based AP code, I work against guilt shame and fear at every opportunity. So your argument that this is fear based is just ignorant, and dare I say it, stupid.

Now you and a very few others keep saying that. Yet it's never been an issue until YOU started screaming about how there was something to fear. YOU are the fear monger here, not me. YOU are the one making people afraid of something that is nothing to be afraid of, and then pushing to have the AP code removed.

You have also said multiple times that you do things you believe to be piracy, but yet on several occasions what you said you do that you think includes piracy is not piracy at all. Which again points to your ignorance of what you're talking about. Which makes me wonder why anyone is listening to your fear mongering.

Your little expose about how I lose no money to piracy is full of logic errors and very much wrong. It's the whole reason copyright law was created and enforced in the first place! People lose a lot of money because of piracy. I estimate that I would be making a MINIMUM of 2-3 times what I make right now if it were not for piracy. And unlike you, I see what my paycheck looks like from month to month. You have only theory to go on. If you were a content producer, I guarantee you, piracy would not be something you looked forward to.

You guys are all pushing for no AP code for this reason and that reason, and I am hearing arguments against education because it's "just more control". Well by that logic, we should all have no education at all and be beating each other to death with sticks and rocks!

So I am going to EDUCATE you all. The more your arguments against AP code are based on ignorance and fear mongering, the less seriously I will take them when I decide what to do. Fear based thinking is irrational, illogical and USELESS. I hear a lot of "Let's benefit the pirates" but very little of you guys considering the point of view I have. When you buy a copy of my program, and multiple people benefit who would not have benefited otherwise, you are losing me money that is a direct and primary incentive to keep producing these programs and doing the research and development. Only a fraction of the people who pirate it or try before they buy actually ever buy. Some forget, some are too lazy, and some just don't care. I'm supposed to pour months and years and decades into my work in the hopes that people care enough to pay for something they already have, and have benefited from, with no other reason to pay for it?

Here's a little more education for you. This is what I have come up with so far for the new AP script and notes, copied from my word processor, word for word. This is what I'm thinking. Not some devious evil plan you guys keep trying to insist I'm coming up with.

-------------

New Anti-piracy script

I now consciously and subconsciously consider and make myself aware of the value of all the time, effort, work, expertise, knowledge, research, development, testing and experience that went into making this program.

I now consciously and subconsciously consider and make myself aware of all the value I get from using this program, and I make myself consciously aware of the fact that the value I get from using this program comes from using this program.

I now consciously and subconsciously consider and make myself aware of how I would feel and respond in response to my choices and actions regarding this program if I were the producer and creator of this program and someone else did the same thing.

I now make myself consciously and subconsciously considerate of the value of all the time, effort, work, expertise, knowledge, research, development, testing and experience that went into making this program, and the actual time, effort, work, expertise, knowledge, research, development, testing and experience that went into making this program, and I now choose to do the right thing regarding returning fair value in exchange for it and the value and benefit I get from using it.

I now educate myself on what the copyright laws of my legal jurisdiction are and how they affect me.

1. Eliminate desire to use the pirated subliminal (consciously aware or not).
2. Direct to IML and purchase subliminal if the person needs whatever it is they are using if they can afford it I'm sure they will pay for it.

---------------------------

Part of me wants to drop AP code entirely because I feel like it's a huge waste of my time. Then some of you come up with these pie in the sky seeming ideas that piracy doesn't hurt anyone, etc. while quaking in your boots that AP code might be doing something to you that you already know it's not doing. That makes me want to pursue AP code because it makes me have no hope that the general populace has the capacity to do the common sense right thing without being educated and poked to think of someone else besides themselves once in a while.

For the time being, I'm going to be developing the AP code. You guys are welcome to give me your input and suggestions.

As for the suggestion to the lock and key system, it fails because, again, I do not have a way to perfectly execute an if/then statement. I have found a way to make it very accurate, but that code is so complex that everything it would work for would need to be 6G only, and that would mean I can't use it until 6G is released. Even then, it's not perfect yet.

Didn't finish reading this yet but insulting me and then saying you would never insult me, yea sure...

The apcode being fear based isn't me saying you are using fear it's saying you made the apcode out of fear. You are so full of fear of someone pirating that you made an apcode, hence, it's fear based as in based out of fear, as in you're so full of fear that you made it.

You've shown your true colors a ton throughout this whole apcode situation and I have to say I'll never buy a sub from you again. Peace.

(01-02-2016, 10:14 AM)Dzemoo Wrote: Can we see the current ap code?

the new ap code you have shown seems pretty ok for me but i would makes something like that

"if i benefit from this program i am willing to pay for shanons work, if i havent done already so"

"if i benefit from this program i am willing to pay for shanons work, so he can continue to produce subs and we both can benefit from it"

much easier and shorter honestly i am not interested in being educated on piracy in general just make sure you get your money, because you are no multi billion dollar company like disney world and everything is ok

If I understood correctly he can't do the " if " statement.

@TheRealJustin Shannon clearly said why he did that, it was because he want to get paid for his work. I don't see any problem with that. You should stop being stubborn.
You accused Shannon was lying without proof, without waiting for his response. You are being stupid here, it's not going to profit anyone obviously.

RE: AP Code Suggestion - Spiritman - 01-02-2016

Justin you are not helping your cause or point of view. Now you are just being plain down annoying. You made your point, if you feel so strongly about this AP thing, then why the hell are you here on this forum wasting your time? Just move on from this, Shannon has stated his views, you clearly think he is lying and fear mongering. You have a right to your opinion as does everyone else on this forum, however that freedom of opinion doesn't give you the right to be doing what you're doing right now. At this point, you are starting to move and have moved beyond the border of following the rules.