Subliminal Talk
Hi everyone - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome! (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Welcome)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Introductions)
+--- Thread: Hi everyone (/Thread-Hi-everyone--6930)

Hi everyone - CatLady221 - 12-13-2015

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is going good. Been a bit of a lurker, but would now like join the forum and start detailing my own sub journey. I've purchased 'Let go of past relationships' and I feel that is already working on me, slowly but surely Smile This is my fourth day using the sub and I have to say this sub has helped me start to develop a small amount of detachment to my ex and what they're doing, thinking, etc. etc. Can only see this effect grow and am excited to see where I will be at when I finish the sub.

Anyway, thanks for having me on board Shannon and thankyou for developing LGOPR Big Grin

RE: Hi everyone - Life - 12-13-2015

That's a great way to pin point a problem. There are a lot of other emotional subs that will also help you along the journey.

RE: Hi everyone - RTBoss - 12-13-2015

Welcome - and LGPR should be part of EPRHA 2.0. Seems logical.

RE: Hi everyone - CatLady221 - 12-13-2015

Thanks for the welcoming people Smile it's good to see such an alive forum. @yeah! - thankyou Smile I never used to be a cat person until I got my first cat. He lives with my ex though and I do miss him, but can't have him where I live. @RTBoss, yes that's a good point. I was going to use EPRHA after I finish with this sub.

RE: Hi everyone - RTBoss - 12-13-2015

That's funny, I was the same way. Grew up with 2 dogs, Dad taught me "cats are bad." Got my first cat 9 years ago, now I have SIX! I guess I'm a Cat Man! (Not to be confused with member CatMan, lol).

RE: Hi everyone - Life - 12-13-2015

Tell us about your ex relationship

RE: Hi everyone - CatLady221 - 12-13-2015

(12-13-2015, 06:51 PM)Guider Wrote: Tell us about your ex relationship

I'll call my ex, Tom. Tom and I broke up about 4 months ago, and we were together for just over 6 years. During my time of dating him, I was very dependant on him for emotional support and validation. Looking back, it was almost like a parent-child dynamic.

Tom's a bit of rescuer, he can't help but want to help others he perceives that are in need. So my playing the damsel in distress (victim mentality) role and he being the rescuer had us stuck together for a long time. Longer than we should have been together. I feel now he enabled my victimhood and I also let him get away with behaviours too. I was pretty passive in our relationship.... I think it was because I was really afraid of losing him.

By behaviours, I mean he refused to get a job or if he got a job (forced to by his employment agency)... he would very quickly lose it, and claim he butted heads with the boss or something. Other behaviours was basically being a Peter Pan, refusing to grow up and not having direction and plans in life. He was also not very physically affectionate and we had a sex drive mismatch (mine was high, his was pretty low). Whenver I would try to bring up these issues, he would shoot them down or make up some excuses, or tell me to find another boyfriend. Eventually, I gave up talking to him about anything problematic in our relationship because I didn't want to upset him, or made to feel bad or worst.... he would dump me and I would lose him.

Now you might read this and think 'Oh wow, seems like it was an easy decision to break up with him and move on.'. It wasn't. In spite of all these bad behaviours, I was still very sad the day I broke up with him. I knew he could be a better person and I felt like I had let him down, that I hadn't tried hard enough somehow to make it work. He took being dumped surprisingly well and was quite calm about it, I expected him to be upset or angry. He told me I would eventually have to move out and get my own place, but he would help me and we could still be friends.

At this point in time, I was still very emotionally dependant on him and welcomed his hand of friendship. I felt I had found someone special and still wanted him in my life. However, it's never that idyllic. Soon after we broke up, he started hanging out with a group of girls and there was one that I suspected he had something with and became very suspisicous and jealous of them both. It ate away at me and made our friendship awkward at times. I still had feelings for him too and was still reliant on him for my emotional needs at the time, so always having these fear/threat of losing out to another girl really chewed away at my sanity. I couldn't fathom at the time the ideas of taking care of my own emotional states and being solely responsible for my happiness, so I was still playing the victim... but this time no rescuer was coming for me.

Just recently I found out he did have a thing for her and he had been seeing her. I also found out he considered me a fuckbuddy he could have whenever he wanted and that apparently he had been enjoying seeing me getting jealous over him hanging out with other girls. It really crushed me. I was very upset, became really depressed and suicidal. When I told Tom that I knew about him and the new girl, he was angry I had found out and we ended up having a pretty ugly fight.

Since then... things haven't been the same. He's distanced himself from me and I've kept to myself. I feel awkward around him and honestly don't know how to be around him now... before I would of been so cut up and needy about him being distant, but instead I am actually a bit relieved. I've talked to a few friends who have all recommended leaving town and cutting all contact with him... which I've decided to do in the New Year. He's messaged me a few times to ask me how I've been, and I've seen him three times in the last week but only for short periods. (we used to see each other almost everyday for a few hours before our fight)

I realize now we could never be proper friends like we wanted to and our relationship after the break-up was not healthy for me (but obviously worked for him Tongue), that I am solely responsible for my happiness and the direction of my life, and that relying on anyone else for my emotional stability/life direction is just a bad move, and lastly that being in this town is toxic and I need to leave... instead of wistfully hoping things will change or sway in my favour, they won't. It's his hometown I'm living in and I know it sounds crazy, but honestly feel like I am in enemy territory at times.

Have also spent the last few days at my sister's in our hometown. Felt really good being back home. Felt safe and valued. I am definitely moving here as soon I can sort out both a new job and new place to live... which hopefully will work out soon.

Have also started the LGOPR sub too (as you all know) and this has been helping too. I am on my 4th day. I feel less desire to reach out and check on him as much, though there are still times I still feel needy and sad or have ugly thoughts and feelings but it has not been too bad. I think I will heal much faster once I move out of this town for good!

I apologize for such a long story but I feel that I should really detail what happened as I intend to start a journal here, and also by detailing what I've been through to see what else can be recommended to me.

RE: Hi everyone - CatMan - 12-14-2015

Welcome to the forum! And lol @ yeah! and RTBoss, you guys are epic. Haha! Big Grin

CatLady221, your post wasn't long at all, some of mine give you carpal tunnel from scrolling, don't worry lol.

Great choice of sub. I've been curious about that one and how well it works for people after breakups. Looking forward to reading more over the next while.

RE: Hi everyone - CatLady221 - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 12:33 AM)CatMan Wrote: Welcome to the forum! And lol @ yeah! and RTBoss, you guys are epic. Haha! Big Grin

CatLady221, your post wasn't long at all, some of mine give you carpal tunnel from scrolling, don't worry lol.

Great choice of sub. I've been curious about that one and how well it works for people after breakups. Looking forward to reading more over the next while.

Hi CatMan,
Thankyou. I feel like I have to work out the immediate issues surrounding my breakup first before moving onto the deeper stuff, the stuff that got me into this state haha. It was also the same stuff that put me into a relationship I could not put down for so many years, and I need to avoid repeating the same negative patterns into the future.

And yes, I'll be starting up my journal tomorrow. Have almost finished my fourth day and am pretty tired but feeling good. So far, so good Smile

-CatLady

RE: Hi everyone - Natious - 12-18-2015

Since we're on the subject, I got 2 cats about a week ago, named them Phoenix and Zorro. Also welcome to the the forum, hope you'll find what you're looking for Smile