Subliminal Talk
Evolver's Subliminal Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Evolver's Subliminal Journal (/Thread-Evolver-s-Subliminal-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Evolver's Subliminal Journal - evolver - 05-25-2011

Yesterday I was completely frustrated with where I am. I felt like I had gone stagnant. I felt powerless. I went to work and felt like I was selling the wrong product to the wrong people. This morning however, I feel like yesterday was a completely separate set of moods and hardly related to today.

RE: Evolver's Subliminal Journal - Shannon - 05-25-2011

Interesting response...

RE: Evolver's Subliminal Journal - evolver - 05-25-2011

I think it's because I missed a day at the gym!

RE: Evolver's Subliminal Journal - evolver - 05-26-2011

I have noticed a self-reflection that has aided me as well as increased my intellectual confidence. This type of confidence is most welcome, and not expected. When I thought confidence, the first thing I thought of was the positive, outward focused social confidence. I an experience with the external type confidence on the beach the other day. I approached women on their towels, or a group of men and women socializing quite easily. This is normal, but the truth is I had not done it for a while, as I had been deep in my work for about a month.

Yesterday was very smooth at work, did some solid closes and upped my productivity. Going for a similar improvement today.

RE: Evolver's Subliminal Journal - evolver - 06-16-2011

I have switched subliminals to "Find your perfect job" now that I have moved and need new employment.

RE: Evolver's Subliminal Journal - evolver - 06-19-2011

Applied to 3 places, was talking with a friend and found out he is in a business that I had not considered but I am very interested in. Search Engine Marketing (SEM). Going to send my resume to him tomorrow to see if I can create a position for myself there. One of the places I have already sent my resume has an "Employee wellness manager", personal fitness trainers, and a foosball table. Sounds promising...!!!

RE: Evolver's Subliminal Journal - evolver - 06-20-2011

I have a meeting with my old job this morning, and late last night as I was talking to my girlfriend I suddenly remembered it. I went to bed thinking, "argh, I haven't thought about this at all". I put on the sub and went to sleep. Before waking I had a dream where I was talking to my old boss, going over the meeting we were going to have. I felt very relaxed and she was open and listening to me attentively. I woke up feeling very prepared for the meeting.

RE: Evolver's Subliminal Journal - evolver - 06-20-2011

I got a callback this morning from one of the job offers I wanted. Sweet!

RE: Evolver's Subliminal Journal - Spiral - 06-20-2011

Awesome, Evolver! I'm glad to know this sub is workin' for you. I'll probably give it a shot within the next couple of years.

RE: Evolver's Subliminal Journal - evolver - 06-21-2011

Thanks!
I have two job interviews today. One of the jobs is a very corporate job with many benefits, like a pool table, full health/dental, tuition reimbursement, all kinds of stuff. I dreamt last night of a movie based on the book Shogun, featuring Alec Baldwin, an incredible kickin' soundtrack by electronic artists and my best friend, who became a golf pro in the movie. I woke up confused. Then I realized, simply jamming a bunch of good things together doesn't make it a good job. Wait and see.

I did some freelance work yesterday and today, getting a bit of extra money. First job!
My friend also asked me to make a logo for her, did it for no charge although I could have charged for it.

RE: Evolver's Subliminal Journal - evolver - 06-21-2011

Two interviews today went okay. The first job interview said they would hire me, but it was not a fit for what I wanted in a job. Low salary, high pressure environment. The second interview was at the corporate place. They asked a ton of questions, especially about my work history. I have a track record of leaving a place every year, they pointed that out. Not the best interview. Although that place has all the benefits and a good salary, I don't think it would be perfect for me.

Came home in a funk because of the interview, but I finished the freelance work.

RE: Evolver's Subliminal Journal - evolver - 06-22-2011

I got a phone call today from the corporate place. They said they would hire me, so I have that job if I want it. I think for my personal goals, learn a language (programming or cultural), pay off debt, save money, start business, this is the best choice. Although it's a phone sales job I think I could do it for a couple years and really rake it in.

Perfection is sometimes a bit tough to nail down. Anyways, I put off signing a contract with them until after the next eclipse on July 1st. I'll try and brainstorm some other places to send my resume too that would be perfect in the meantime. This is a great baseline of a job to know that I have employment secured.

RE: Evolver's Subliminal Journal - evolver - 06-24-2011

I took an interview at a place and was greatly amused. I knew the business, it's owners had made a killing by perpetrating the mortgage crisis. Now they were offering "financial services" at huge markups to Americans. I knew the floor manager, and he said I would be promoted quickly but that I would have to start at entry level. They offered me a large paycheck, claiming I could make 80-100K. I expected this interview to not be worth my time, but afterwards I was considering it as I walked in the rain. I realized that it was a moral dilemma, and that I did not want to be a part of it. Plus I would have to trade away security for the promise of wealth and it really does seem like selling your soul.

As I walked past a building I chuckled. A sign was posted that said "MILGRAM". If you know of the milgram experiment, you could see why I felt that the interview was a test for my propensity for doing evil.

RE: Evolver's Subliminal Journal - Shannon - 06-26-2011

One has to wonder, if they are willing to effectively lie to "customers" to make such huge profits, might they not also be willing to lie to potential salespeople about the income they actually offer?