Subliminal Talk
Trying to remove resistance causes internal war - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Trying to remove resistance causes internal war (/Thread-Trying-to-remove-resistance-causes-internal-war)

Trying to remove resistance causes internal war - Kenshin - 08-04-2015

Found very interesting video last night which got me thinking and decided to share with you guys to see what do you think about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqB8aVpCwLE

Most of the people on this forum are using different methods of self-improvement, self-help.
What Teal Swan is saying that we can't remove our negative imprints and when we do that it's causing internal war inside us.
Solution to our problems according to her is exaltation which is transforming our negative imprints into positive ones.

What do you guys think about this approach, question is especially directed to people who are using self-help techniques for many years.

RE: Trying to remove resistance causes internal war - Kenshin - 08-04-2015

Just going through the video comments, adding this one to the thread:

Silk Mask 1 year ago
Transmuting negative thoughts and traits by enhancing or amplifying them so they can be utilized in the highest manner is what a lot of people call change. My point is that personal change happens when people are ready for it no matter what you call it. I like that you've given some very simple, easy to follow instructions for those who suffer from negative thoughts & behaviors. Transforming or transmuting the self hating life long beliefs and behavior into a productive constructive behavior is brilliant. And just for the record, Religion and Spirituality are two different things. Religion comes from man Spirituality comes from within. which is as close to God as we can get.

RE: Trying to remove resistance causes internal war - Kenshin - 08-31-2015

Shame noone wants to take part in this discussion. Today watched another video of Teal and Matt where they both agree that spiritual practice of clearing negative thoughts, beliefs and behaviours will be simply a way of telling the Universe that we need more things to clear so we will end up in the process of endless clearing.
Instead of that we should embrace and love whatever comes up for us so the Universe will give us more things to love instead of more things to clear.
Jump to 58-59th minute of the video below:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lAR3k8ReMac

It makes pefect sense to me. Putting this into Subliminal perspective as someone already mentioned before on this forum (topic was called 'Shannon its time to raise the game' or sth.) it would be really great to have simple subs which focus purely on love, acceptance, gratitude, without any clearing, OGSF type modules inside.

RE: Trying to remove resistance causes internal war - SargeMaximus - 08-31-2015

Interesting, and hot girl. Smile

I've noticed from my own experiences that whenever I embrace my "dark" sides, I am more accepted by others but do not necessarily succeed at my goals in life. In the case of women, I can say that I have made progress simply by changing a few of my behaviors. Call it what you will, but you CAN change some things, and reap the rewards.

I think the sweet spot is to accept yourself but as a means of change. Much like you would accept having a broken bone and then go to the doctor to get it set.

Also, what exactly is required to "get" what you want to get? If you want light, let's say, in a dark room, accepting that it's dark does not bring light, but turning on the lights in the room will.

It's much like that. It's also important to note that life is infinite, and so are results, but if you want SPECIFIC results, you have to do SPECIFIC things.

My 2 cents.

RE: Trying to remove resistance causes internal war - LionKing - 09-01-2015

Ah... she is, yes.

RE: Trying to remove resistance causes internal war - SargeMaximus - 09-01-2015

Here's a video that I think is helpful, she's not as hot >> BUT the study she cites is important to note because it's REAL, not theory.

http://www.ted.com/talks/carol_dweck_the_power_of_believing_that_you_can_improve

RE: Trying to remove resistance causes internal war - Kenshin - 09-02-2015

Hey Sarge thanks for the video, will keep it in mind when I raise my own children Wink
It's not entirely related to what I wanted to talk about because it's focused entirely on a topic (and involves children who don't have as much conditioning and past experiences as adults) of learning but it somehow it confirms of Teal theory.

Basically what they did with the kids is they removed their fear of not performing up to top grades (fear of failure, validation, comparing each other) and transformed it into this 'not yet' grade.
Which means kids are more likely to love themselves, accept who they are when they receive that kind of grade instead of a FAILED grade.

In relation to the topic being a failure in life can be exalted into 'work in progress', 'i love myself no matter if I reach that goal', 'failure = learning journey of error correction', ect.
At least it's my understanding in that case..

RE: Trying to remove resistance causes internal war - SargeMaximus - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 06:37 AM)Kenshin Wrote: Hey Sarge thanks for the video, will keep it in mind when I raise my own children Wink
It's not entirely related to what I wanted to talk about because it's focused entirely on a topic (and involves children who don't have as much conditioning and past experiences as adults) of learning but it somehow it confirms of Teal theory.

Basically what they did with the kids is they removed their fear of not performing up to top grades (fear of failure, validation, comparing each other) and transformed it into this 'not yet' grade.
Which means kids are more likely to love themselves, accept who they are when they receive that kind of grade instead of a FAILED grade.

In relation to the topic being a failure in life can be exalted into 'work in progress', 'i love myself no matter if I reach that goal', 'failure = learning journey of error correction', ect.
At least it's my understanding in that case..

Yes, I was more hoping you'd get how you can apply the same idea to yourself. A work in progress is great because it can be applied even to areas you think will never change (like in your videos, she says she's "dark" well you could say you're dark and just accept it OR say you're not light YET).

Hope you get it now.

RE: Trying to remove resistance causes internal war - Kenshin - 09-08-2015

I guess it doesn't matter if I get it anymore Sarge, appreciate your input tho.
If you fully embrace your darkness and celebrate it, this is where you come into light.
Whatever you resist will persist.
If you honour and celebrate the things you have been taught are not successes, this is when you make a difference in your life and things start to shift. I see 'not yet', as a form of cheering yourself that you're ok with it.

Putting this is some real life example for you:
Do you celebrate and cheer yourself when you do your pick up approaches on most ridiculous things, like saying hello to a girl?
Or do you say to yourself i'm not going to be happy until I reach that goal of pulling 9s and 10s (for a student that would be a top grade at school)?

RE: Trying to remove resistance causes internal war - SargeMaximus - 09-09-2015

(09-08-2015, 05:15 AM)Kenshin Wrote: I guess it doesn't matter if I get it anymore Sarge, appreciate your input tho.
If you fully embrace your darkness and celebrate it, this is where you come into light.
Whatever you resist will persist.
If you honour and celebrate the things you have been taught are not successes, this is when you make a difference in your life and things start to shift. I see 'not yet', as a form of cheering yourself that you're ok with it.

Putting this is some real life example for you:
Do you celebrate and cheer yourself when you do your pick up approaches on most ridiculous things, like saying hello to a girl?
Or do you say to yourself i'm not going to be happy until I reach that goal of pulling 9s and 10s (for a student that would be a top grade at school)?

I like telling the stories of the approaches, but I'm always looking to conquer the next mountain. Which doesn't make me unhappy.

RE: Trying to remove resistance causes internal war - SargeMaximus - 10-01-2015

Found a great video with this girl and Julien Blanc.