Subliminal Talk
player depending results - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Product Discussion (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Product-Discussion)
+--- Thread: player depending results (/Thread-player-depending-results)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: player depending results - Shawn - 04-21-2015

(04-20-2015, 03:19 PM)Shannon Wrote: Some versions of Windows do have strange auto-manipulations of audio content in an effort to enforce DRM, but I don't know if that would affect my stuff.

That's I was talking about and suggested to set the default settings to 44100Hz and 16bit. In this case there shouldn't be any conversion anymore if source meets the default settings.

RE: player depending results - koshas - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 09:53 AM)Mr. Anderson Wrote: [quote='Shannon' pid='73615' dateline='1429571996']
Some versions of Windows do have strange auto-manipulations of audio content in an effort to enforce DRM, but I don't know if that would affect my stuff.

That's I was talking about and suggested to set the default settings to 44100Hz and 16bit. In this case there shouldn't be any conversion anymore if source meets the default settings.
[/q

Where do you find the default settings while using windows,?

RE: player depending results - Shawn - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 10:44 AM)koshas Wrote:
(04-21-2015, 09:53 AM)Mr. Anderson Wrote: [quote='Shannon' pid='73615' dateline='1429571996']
Some versions of Windows do have strange auto-manipulations of audio content in an effort to enforce DRM, but I don't know if that would affect my stuff.

[/q

Where do you find the default settings while using windows,?

I am using Windows 8.1 with StartIsBack, but it should be similar to this:

Control Panel...Hardware and Sound...Sound

Then you choose your output channel (usually speaker), right mouse click...properties. Last tab in the new window.

RE: player depending results - Kenshin - 04-23-2015

Glad that I looked into that topic.
I'm on Windows and used Winamp before, now switching to Audacity to see if there's any difference.

Any recommendations for a mobile (Android) media players?

RE: player depending results - IceAlive - 04-23-2015

(04-23-2015, 12:20 AM)Kenshin Wrote: Any recommendations for a mobile (Android) media players?

I've happily been using Maple on my Android tablet.

RE: player depending results - CatMan - 07-21-2015

Honestly, this is a great topic. I've seen quite a big difference in players as well over time. Not from an emotional mindset, it seems the same for me there, but I mean in volume output.

My MPC seems to be louder than my VLC. At present, I use VLC for my subs, MPC for other sources of audio to put over the sub, but at a much lower volume. I assumed six of one, half a dozen of the other for volume percentages. Clearly, not the case! I check the volume each time my source changes even slightly now to ensure parity and good performance across the board using Frequensee. Even if the volume percentage is the same, the output appears to be different.

Good topic, it hasn't been discussed before to my knowledge.

RE: player depending results - Shannon - 05-23-2016

(05-23-2016, 04:52 PM)FrostedFake Wrote:
(04-21-2015, 09:53 AM)Mr. Anderson Wrote:
(04-20-2015, 03:19 PM)Shannon Wrote: Some versions of Windows do have strange auto-manipulations of audio content in an effort to enforce DRM, but I don't know if that would affect my stuff.

Should I switch to this, do you think I will notice an increase in results?

switch to what?

RE: player depending results - Shawn - 05-24-2016

(05-23-2016, 09:40 PM)FrostedFake Wrote: Setting the speaker settings under control panel/sound/speakers/properties(then last tab) to "44100Hz and 16bit". They were saying that newer versions of windows have some type of filter that may disrupt results or something to that effect.

You have to set it in the speaker control as well as in the player you use (if you don't use windows build-in stuff). And then you will see how it will affect you.

RE: player depending results - ArcticFox - 05-24-2016

I never knew playing an MP3 could be so complicated!

*Edit*........and it is complicated!! I've just gone through my VLC player settings and yes there does seem to be a lot more to it. Stereo wasn't set and Dolby Enhance was enabled

Whether these things are set by the file itself I'm not sure. So to be certain I'm forcing these settings. Stereo set and Dolby turned off.

(05-24-2016, 01:51 AM)yeah! Wrote:
(05-24-2016, 12:20 AM)Mr. Anderson Wrote: You have to set it in the speaker control as well as in the player you use (if you don't use windows build-in stuff). And then you will see how it will affect you.

Could you explain this a bit more please?

What exactly?

(05-24-2016, 03:36 AM)ArcticFox Wrote: I never knew playing an MP3 could be so complicated!

*Edit*........and it is complicated!! I've just gone through my VLC player settings and yes there does seem to be a lot more to it. Stereo wasn't set and Dolby Enhance was enabled

Whether these things are set by the file itself I'm not sure. So to be certain I'm forcing these settings. Stereo set and Dolby turned off.

As long you don't listen to subs it's not complicated Big Grin Most of the players nowadays have some "enhancements" enabled by default. So it's a good idea to check the settings and turn off the extras.

RE: player depending results - ArcticFox - 05-24-2016

(05-24-2016, 06:31 AM)Mr. Anderson Wrote:
(05-24-2016, 03:36 AM)ArcticFox Wrote: I never knew playing an MP3 could be so complicated!

As long you don't listen to subs it's not complicated Big Grin Most of the players nowadays have some "enhancements" enabled by default. So it's a good idea to check the settings and turn off the extras.

Yeah your right, I have totally overlooked this. The settings I have now updated in VLC for Audio (highlighted):

[Image: VLC%202.jpg]

RE: player depending results - kenpachi - 05-24-2016

I purchased a high res audio player just for subs - this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-X3-Lossless-Portable-Titanium/dp/B00VR5JHVK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1464100772&sr=8-3&keywords=fiio

So it plays my EPHRA2 in FLAC quality perfectly.

I use either these headphones in the day: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-M2IEi-Momentum-Headphones-iPhone/dp/B00MYYFSBQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464100867&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+momentum

Or these speakers when I sleep: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Harman-Kardon-Soundsticks-Desktop-Speaker/dp/B003ZXDOMA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464100927&sr=8-1&keywords=harman+kardon+speakers

And have had great results so far.

(05-24-2016, 06:43 AM)FrostedFake Wrote:
(05-24-2016, 12:20 AM)Mr. Anderson Wrote:
(05-23-2016, 09:40 PM)FrostedFake Wrote: Setting the speaker settings under control panel/sound/speakers/properties(then last tab) to "44100Hz and 16bit". They were saying that newer versions of windows have some type of filter that may disrupt results or something to that effect.

You have to set it in the speaker control as well as in the player you use (if you don't use windows build-in stuff). And then you will see how it will affect you.

I just now turned it on for my speakers but I don't know how in Audacious. Are there any effects auto enabled in Audacious that I should turn off as well? I looked but I couldn't find anything.

I've been getting decent results that show me the sub is working so I don't know if this will increase results but if it does that would be awesome =).

Edit: I'm now looking to switch to audacity, what do I have to change to get the best out of the subs? Anyone? Smile

I am not sure about Audacious. I used it a while ago, I think some sort of normalizing or loudness effect was activated but I am not sure here. You would need to check the settings in the audio and the plug-ins/effect tab.

My Audacity installation has 32-Bit float as default. You can change it in the quality setting in setting dialog.