Subliminal Talk
Jackie's Confidence Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Women's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Women's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Jackie's Confidence Journal (/Thread-Jackie-s-Confidence-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3

Jackie's Confidence Journal - Jackie - 02-12-2011

Hi all!

Finally am getting around to starting the absolute self confidence sub! It helps to know where your ipod is...I almost broke down and bought a new one because it got lost in our move, but I finally found it today in an obvious spot (figures!Smile)

Anyway, am charging the ipod up right now and will start playing it right away all day. I'm really excited to start this sub because I think we all could improve on our self confidence. I also have a job interview tomorrow, so it'll be interesting to see if it helps at all.

For me, I second guess myself a lot or feel overly self conscious at times, or care too much of what others think of me. I think I've gotten better over the years from using more positive thinking, but it's still a struggle.

I would love to get to a point where I'm more consistently comfortable in my own skin and not take things so personally. After this sub I think I'm going to follow up with the happiness and joy sub. Not that I'm not a happy person, but I think it'd be awesome to feel that more consistently on a day to day basis. Who wouldn't want that?

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - ronatello - 02-12-2011

I wish you the best, Jackie! Keep us posted! Smile

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Shannon - 02-13-2011

Wait for the 4G version of Happiness and Joy. The script is going to be much improved. Looking forward to hearing about your results from self confidence. Smile

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Jackie - 02-13-2011

Thanks guys!Smile Well, I landed the interview today and she gave me the job on the spot. Normally, I'm a nervous bundle of energy waiting before and during the interview process, but once I got there I was oddly calm. Don't know if it's because of the sub or not, but I listened to it the day before for about 4 hours. Normally when I go into an interview my anxiety makes my mind blank, but this time I noticed I walked in thinking "I can do this. I'm a smart capable woman and this job isn't the end all be all, so if I get it, great and if not, I'll just move on and not take it personally".

Whatever the cause for that shift, I'm grateful for it. I even joked with the lady who interviewed me. Apparantly I'm not the only one who has a chapstick addiction/fetish! ahahaha. So nice to know I'm not the only one! Shannon, oh omniscient one, if you read this again (which I'm sure you will) I think a "stop chapstick use forever!!" would be a great title idea my friend....no, actually it wouldn't be cause I like my chapstick and it doesn't cause any harm that I'm aware of other than that the world stops for me until I find said chapstick. <sigh> Of course I'm kidding around. Man this thread could be fun for me! Why didn't I start sooner??

Will post more as the week goes on. As for tomorrow...what can I say, it's V-day and me and the boyfriend are going out of town. That alone should do a lot for my self confidence I'm hoping!Wink

Until next time!........where's my chapstick??Wink

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Patti - 02-14-2011

Congrats on the new job! And for getting outta town...that's always good for the soul!

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Jackie - 02-15-2011

(02-14-2011, 06:02 AM)Patti Wrote: Congrats on the new job! And for getting outta town...that's always good for the soul!

Thanks Patti!Smile Yes, it's so good to get a change of pace and perspective! And there's nothing like coming home and having a better appreciation for it too.

Sunday I played the masked sub for about 7 hrs, and I woke up feeling pretty good. Hard to tell if I was feeling that good because I had just landed a job or was excited about going out of town, but at the very least it's a good note to be starting on.

I really like the masked sub better than the ultrasonic. It's psychologically very soothing to me. I thought it'd bother me and keep me awake, but just the opposite. I slept like a baby when normally it takes me awhile to fall asleep.

Not much to report this morning. Start the new job tomorrow so we'll see if the sub helps me out with that as time goes on. I usually handle myself really well around other people, but of course the first day at a new job is nerve racking. Normally I would expect to wake up feeling that way, so I guess we'll see. Until next time!Smile

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Spiral - 02-17-2011

I'm with you 100% on the chapstick, Jackie. and congrats on the new job! What's the work like?

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Jackie - 02-18-2011

(02-17-2011, 10:50 AM)spiralout1988 Wrote: I'm with you 100% on the chapstick, Jackie. and congrats on the new job! What's the work like?

Haha! I love it. I actually went 9 hours with out my chapstick today, and I'm proud of myself for not licking a big 'ol red ring on my upper lip. Yup, def an addict, but at least I can laugh at myself for it.

I'm so impressed with this sub. I've been only listening to it since Sunday, averaging about 8-10 hrs of listening a day, but there has defintitely been a shift already.

The last few weeks I've been feeling kind of emotionally fragile for a number of reasons, although since the sub I've noticed I've been separating myself more from those issues causing me distress. Almost like I'm putting a shield up to protect myself with out shutting down. I've been really happy with this because my normal tendency is to over analyse, internalize, and then go numb and get depressed. This time, it's almost like I'm immune to these circumstances in my life right now. I don't know how else to explain it, other than that I feel stronger and not doooming myself to failure. It's like I'm not letting fear take over, but keeping it at bay and telling it to go jump off a cliff.

In work, I've also noticed that I've been more bold to speak out and not hesitate to ask questions either. I can't wait to see how this progresses because I'm already seeing big changes in me, and at this point they're all positive!

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Ryan - 02-19-2011

Awesome results! When I first did ASC I also noticed that shift where I wasn't so nervous anymore. Now I could hardly care, going out somewhere or a job interview, it's more of knowing I can handle any situation thrown at me at the given moment and not have to so much worry about it in advance. I bet you're looking forward to that Alpha Female subliminal, huh? Wink

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Patti - 02-19-2011

Yes, isn't that a great sub Jackie?! Can you only imagine how good you'd feel if came in 4G? (hint hint hint)

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Jackie - 02-20-2011

(02-19-2011, 02:01 PM)Ryan Wrote: Awesome results! When I first did ASC I also noticed that shift where I wasn't so nervous anymore. Now I could hardly care, going out somewhere or a job interview, it's more of knowing I can handle any situation thrown at me at the given moment and not have to so much worry about it in advance. I bet you're looking forward to that Alpha Female subliminal, huh? Wink

So cool to hear Ryan!! Yea, it feels like some huge weight I've been carrying around has suddenly been lifted. My heart literally feel a lot lighter too, ....strange huh?
(02-19-2011, 03:02 PM)Patti Wrote: Yes, isn't that a great sub Jackie?! Can you only imagine how good you'd feel if came in 4G? (hint hint hint)

HeheTongue Believe me, it's in the works. Shannon knows that if he builds it they will come!

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Cortez - 02-22-2011

A ligher heart makes for a better day, that's for sure.

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - RainbowAbyss - 02-22-2011

Rumour has it a certain website has a chapstick
In the work with opposite sex phermones so every time u put some on
u get that just kissed someone rush-that would be addictiveSmile
Glad u started a journal Jackie!
It make sense that u have a lighter heart,
the less our minds can bog us down
The lighter our hearts can be
In a way confidence is all about the faith and energy to let go of the need to try to think everything out
and just know and let happen instead

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Jackie - 02-22-2011

This is cool. As a sort of side benefit, I've definitely been sleeping better listening to ASC... is that because the ocean waves are soothing, or because the messages in the script are helping my mind settle down? Either way, I haven't been having to take melatonin to sleep like I normally do. That's pretty huge. Would like to see that continue.

One thing I've been noticing is that I've become more assertive, especially in the last few days. For instance, a good friend talks forever sometimes and brings up new topics of conversations when I've clearly told her that I need to get going, or need to be somewhere at a certain time. I've always just let her keep talking so I wouldn't hurt her feelings. The other day though, I didn't have any hesitation in interrupting her and telling her that I'd have to talk to her later. For some reason I have a hard time cutting people off, but sometimes you have to when they don't get that they're holding you up. I did it and it felt great. No guilt whatsoever, and she even apologized for going on and on.