Subliminal Talk
George's Absolute Self-Confidence Video Journal - Now with Microsoft LifeCam! - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: George's Absolute Self-Confidence Video Journal - Now with Microsoft LifeCam! (/Thread-George-s-Absolute-Self-Confidence-Video-Journal-Now-with-Microsoft-LifeCam)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

George's Absolute Self-Confidence Video Journal - Now with Microsoft LifeCam! - George - 01-03-2015

Hi everyone,

I just wrote my introduction, and am warming up for the Alpha Male journey by taking a test run through Absolute Self-Confidence. My intention is to get into the habit of writing an entry for every day I go through the programs, just to establish a sense of accountability and get any helpful feedback along the way.

Thanks,
George

Day 0 - George - 01-03-2015

Oh, don't mind me, I'm just playing around with the thread to figure out how it works. I have my introduction at the top of the forum, so the only other thing to say is that I've got ASC loaded into my mp3 player and I look forward to the ride!

RE: George's Absolute Self-Confidence Journal - Mystic Pymp - 01-03-2015

Hello George! Welcome aboard! Smile

Writing everyday is that such a good idea as after a week or two you will find you have nothing to new share. I think you should consider posting everyday for the first 7-10 days to get used to and then write whenever you feel like you have something to share or you have a question. In short - don't force yourself to post daily.

If you didn't read other's journals, you might find there answers to questions you have, but also find some interesting information and inspiration. It will also give you sense of this community.

I've read your introduction, as a young, 21 years old to be academic I know what you meant about your upbringing. Hope you're gonna see some results soon and you'll like it in here Smile

Take care and good luck!

RE: George's Absolute Self-Confidence Journal - George - 01-04-2015

Thanks for your warm welcome and wisdom, Mateunio, it makes for a great first impression.

True, there might be days where I'd ostensibly have little to say, but I'd like to give it a try regardless because:

1. As both a capable writer and introvert, I can ALWAYS find something to say!

2. I truly believe in the power and importance of instilling a new habit to prevent me dropping out of this endeavor, which I've done far too many times in the past for my liking.

That said, I think I'll go ahead and get started a little early for Day 1.

DAY 1 - George - 01-04-2015

I don't know whether it's coincidence or not, but on my very first night with Absolute Self-Confidence, I had one heck of a time trying to fall asleep. I just felt wired in a nervous way, and I couldn't tell whether it was the product, or whether it was the result of some trying times, as my family is in the midst of a clumsy and occasionally painful transition phase (long story...).

Not one to toss and turn like a frustrated moron, I first resorted to my teeming collection of healing modalities, good old EFT...or "Faster EFT", to be more precise. It seemed to have an effect on me, as my eyes soon began to water, an encouraging side effect of mine that frequently occurs whenever I engage in energy healing. To concisely contextualize my belief for this forum, I am pretty much convinced that there's an alpha at the core of each of us, but a lot of frickin existential, inherited, emotional blockage crap to scrape off before we can access it. So I'm thinking ASC might have helped me dredge up some fears that I was then able to release via EFT.

After that, I was still very much awake, so I took advantage of it to establish my goals for 2015 and new routines that will help me achieve them. On paper, this seemed like a relatively easy task that I should have gotten around to a long time ago during my Christmas holiday, but my job and my family were constantly grabbing at my time (a dynamic duo bane of my existence Undecided).

So today, I've been firming up those routines and putting them into this online task management program, just in time for my "official" return to work tomorrow, while listening to the ocean version of ASC. Not bad for a first day (which isn't even over), I look forward to more changes to report.

George

DAY 2 - George - 01-05-2015

For the second consecutive night, I had some insomnia, although this time, it was shorter lived and without any accompanying anxiety. Being obsessed with productivity, I jumped out of bed and did a whirlwind of clean up and preparations for today.

I returned to work to face multiple projects, one of which had the kind of spaghetti-like minutiae that could suck you into an administrative hell for days on end. After catching myself sulking in victimhood for a few minutes, I ordered myself to stop it. Stupid behaviour like that is what steals my potential, minute by minute. So instead, I looked for leverage, and long story short, called for a Skype meeting with all clients and collaborators to muscle my way out of the situation in what should take an hour or two.

I handled a few other projects in similar fashion: In the past, I've always been the nice guy who took up everyone else's slack for acceptance, at the expense of my personal life. Today I instead threw some responsibilities back in the clients' courts, and had them like it in the process!

On the flip side, there are certainly things yet to fix. My productivity habits at work always seem to take a nosedive after lunch, and to my great annoyance, I went on "autobeta" in the face of a cute girl half my size who passed by the office, lowering my head and chuckling submissively. Dodgy But hey, this particular journey has just begun.

George

DAY 3 - George - 01-06-2015

Alright, no insomnia! If anything, my body couldn't wait to crash, and did so in record time.

I could proclaim that some baby steps were made at work. My afternoon had more structure to it, as I reminded myself and implemented my productivity habits.

I did catch myself, however, in a moment of painful awareness about low self-confidence. I work at a small creative agency that builds custom digital products, and the landscape of a work day can change in an instant, with challenging, unforeseen requests mucking up your best laid plans. A few of those came in today, and I could just feel the stress pulse from my heart to my lower back and legs, where I have had massive flexibility issues. Though people commend me for my calm demeanour, I have, in Eckhart Tolle's words a subtle but discern able pain body that still dampens the quality of my life. Today it became even more discernible. Is that a good sign?

George

DAY 4 - George - 01-07-2015

I guess one way to develop absolute self-confidence is to act accordingly in the face of challenges. I seem to be put to the test, for today at work, I faced no less than 4 situations where I had to stand up for myself in the face of unreasonable requests. To my irritation, I again went through nervous moments (that I'm still feeling now) as I did so, but it looks like part of self-confidence, to reference (and paraphrase) Eckhart Tolle again, is to embrace The Power of No.

Hence, I've been unexpectedly handling a lot of Law of Attraction in the past few days, but at least some of it has been more fun. I was very interested in picking up some coloured markers from Staples, and then 5 minutes after I was admiring them on the website, my colleague Skyped me to ask me if I wanted anything in her upcoming order to Staples. Since it is imperative to my job, I have this form of affirmation on the back of my bedroom door pertaining to learning new things as fast as possible. Two days ago, I discovered and bought Shannon's Maximum Learning Speed 3.0. I seem to be rewarded for my efforts quicker than ever before, so I'll be sure to keep up my end of the bargain!

George

RE: George's Absolute Self-Confidence Journal - Dee - 01-07-2015

Is that you in the profile image or some famous actors I've never seen before?

RE: George's Absolute Self-Confidence Journal - George - 01-08-2015

(01-07-2015, 10:51 PM)Dee Wrote: Is that you in the profile image or some famous actors I've never seen before?

Ha! You made my day, Dee. That's me, from a goofy advertisement picture I created for an improv show I hosted. The thought of putting up some symbolic role model as an avatar crossed my mind, but it's all been done and I felt no interest. I keep coming across preachings for authenticity, so what the hey, I've put forth my real pic and my real name.

RE: George's Absolute Self-Confidence Journal - Dee - 01-08-2015

Smile So I take it your real name is George too. So do you do inprov your self or you just a marketer/host? I was suppose to do some training to help with convo skills, not sure if the guy is still putting it on.

Any way you should consider creating video journals, look at http://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-Ampers-d-The-Year-of-the-Alpha-Male-6-0?pid=66585#pid66585 or http://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-Alpha-Intensity-Ben-s-AM6-Journal?pid=62390#pid62390 (if you haven't seen them that is).

Its makes life so much more easier to us folk.

RE: George's Absolute Self-Confidence Journal - George - 01-08-2015

I worked my way up to a one-time show creator and host of a Whose-Line-Is-It-Anyway-inspired show this past December. To earn that spot I've taken classes at Montreal Improv for a year. Just one of many things I've embarked on for confidence, and certainly one of the more enjoyable ones.

Videos, huh? Well, why not. Sounds like a fresh approach with potentially interesting results. Give me the weekend to set up the YouTube account and the whole rigmarole of learning how to do it, and I'll give it a go. Thanks for the idea, Dee!

DAY 5 - George - 01-08-2015

Blech. I seem to be hitting that fatigue I've been reading about. It's kind of discouraging, as I've already had my fill of that as I've been working on draining fears from my upbringing and cellular memories for several years. Those fears were at it again today, as I was envisioning some sort of reprimand from my boss for not being able to make a meeting because of a prior commitment, whereas he didn't mind in the slightest. Real irrational, childhood-rooted, energy parasite thoughts that if anything, make me anti-social, not confident!

On the plus side though, my LOA streak continues. As I stopped by my Mom's after going to my mechanic this morning on my way to work, I was moping over the fact that I didn't have some nice footwear to slip into after removing my huge winter boots. Without mentioning this, my Mom gave me some brand new slippers that my Dad never wore. More indirectly, but more importantly, my sister got offered a new job, which will bring some much-deserved happiness to my family.

George

DAY 6 - George - 01-09-2015

You asked for it! Well... one of you asked for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfILkXF_wpw