Subliminal Talk
What happened to anti aging? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Product Discussion (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Product-Discussion)
+--- Thread: What happened to anti aging? (/Thread-What-happened-to-anti-aging)

What happened to anti aging? - terry44 - 12-09-2014

Anti aging sounds really interesting so I was disappointed it was no longer listed. Is it coming back as 5g?

RE: What happened to anti aging? - Shannon - 12-09-2014

Eventually, yes. I want it to work, and be in line with our other offerings. I was actually just discussing this the other day with one of my testers for the MPME dev test team, and you're not the only one who would like to see it come back. When it comes back, it will more than likely be 5 or 6G.

RE: What happened to anti aging? - terry44 - 12-10-2014

Thanks, I'll look forward to that. After watching some lectures by the cellular biologist Bruce Lipton about epigenetics, I really do believe the mind can affect not only hormone production, but even gene expression.

RE: What happened to anti aging? - RisingSon - 12-13-2014

(12-10-2014, 02:02 AM)terry44 Wrote: Thanks, I'll look forward to that. After watching some lectures by the cellular biologist Bruce Lipton about epigenetics, I really do believe the mind can affect not only hormone production, but even gene expression.

The mind is incredibly powerful and much more necessary than the latest health food craze, I have learned. While I can't deny a PRO-YOUTHING or AGE REVERSAL subliminal, I've found recent benefit through disciplines such as fasting. The body remodels itself, detoxifying and building new cells at a faster rate while fasting.

I see epigenetics more as the actions we take, like physical movement modalities and climate adaptation - cold showers. Of course this could also extend into our thoughts and I am no expert...

There are many little tricks to stave off aging, like the Five Tibetan Rites of Rejuvenation which are said to optimize hormones while also circulating and cleansing the lymph. If the sages of the East have had experience with extreme longevity, then we know it is possible but requires conscious action as well.

Personally my biggest take on anti-aging is removing toxins from the body/blood/lymph as priority number one.

RE: What happened to anti aging? - terry44 - 12-14-2014

(12-13-2014, 10:49 AM)RisingSon Wrote:
(12-10-2014, 02:02 AM)terry44 Wrote: Thanks, I'll look forward to that. After watching some lectures by the cellular biologist Bruce Lipton about epigenetics, I really do believe the mind can affect not only hormone production, but even gene expression.

The mind is incredibly powerful and much more necessary than the latest health food craze, I have learned. While I can't deny a PRO-YOUTHING or AGE REVERSAL subliminal, I've found recent benefit through disciplines such as fasting. The body remodels itself, detoxifying and building new cells at a faster rate while fasting.

I see epigenetics more as the actions we take, like physical movement modalities and climate adaptation - cold showers. Of course this could also extend into our thoughts and I am no expert...

There are many little tricks to stave off aging, like the Five Tibetan Rites of Rejuvenation which are said to optimize hormones while also circulating and cleansing the lymph. If the sages of the East have had experience with extreme longevity, then we know it is possible but requires conscious action as well.

Personally my biggest take on anti-aging is removing toxins from the body/blood/lymph as priority number one.

Yes, I fast every day by not eating breakfast. I've been doing this for three years now and feel much better. I have more energy, fewer headaches and just feel younger. I don't like fads either, which is why I went paleo. How can that be a fad if it's what we ate for hundreds of thousands of years before we became 'civilised'? For me wheat and sugar are the fads! It may have been crucial in the development of civilised society, but had many bad effects on health, especially as the grain was selectively bred over millennia for higher yield. I'm also low carb/low sugar and high fat, because that is the way primitive societies got their energy. That has also helped me greatly.

Regarding epigenetics, you should try to look into Bruce Lipton's work if you get the time, because it is exciting stuff. There are some good videos and he has written several books. Here's a short quote from an interview with him:

Quote:“Here’s the connection: With fifty trillion cells in your body, the human body is the equivalent of a skin-covered petri dish. Moving your body from one environment to another alters the composition of the ‘culture medium,’ the blood. The chemistry of the body’s culture medium determines the nature of the cell’s environment within you. The blood’s chemistry is largely impacted by the chemicals emitted from your brain. Brain chemistry adjusts the composition of the blood based upon your perceptions of life. So this means that your perception of any given thing, at any given moment, can influence the brain chemistry, which, in turn, affects the environment where your cells reside and controls their fate. In other words, your thoughts and perceptions have a direct and overwhelmingly significant effect on cells.”
Bruce Lipton

https://www.brucelipton.com/resource/article/epigenetics

And as we know, your perception of reality is greatly affected by subconscious programming. Hence the potential for subs to help with health and aging.

RE: What happened to anti aging? - thor2014 - 12-29-2014

I do believe alot of Shannons products are of value. However this anti aging with all due respect sounds like a pile of cr*p.

RE: What happened to anti aging? - terry44 - 12-30-2014

(12-29-2014, 11:08 PM)thor2014 Wrote: I do believe alot of Shannons products are of value. However this anti aging with all due respect sounds like a pile of cr*p.

Well then I suggest you study epigenetics for a few months, so that you can talk about something you actually understand. If you don't want to do that, then even the placebo effect and nocebo effect are easier to look up and understand in just a few minutes on the internet and are recognised by even the most skeptical of medical researchers. You might then get a glimpse of how the rate we age could be influenced by our beliefts. BTW, hormones are one of the biggest triggers for aging and are greatly affected by our minds.

Quote:Your Emotions Regulate Your Genetic Expression

As if genes changing expression in response to environmental factors such as nutrients wasn't enough, other researchers have demonstrated that this "environment" that your genes respond to also includes your conscious thoughts, emotions, and unconscious beliefs. Cellular biologist Bruce Lipton, PhD., is one of the leading authorities on how emotions can regulate genetic expression, which are explained in-depth in his excellent books The Biology of Belief, and Spontaneous Evolution.

Science has indeed taken us far beyond Newtonian physics, which says you live in a mechanical universe. According to this belief, your body is just a biological machine, so by modifying the parts of the machine, you can modify your health. Also, as a biological machine, your body is thought to respond to physical "things" like the active chemicals in drugs, and by adjusting the drugs that modify your machinery, doctors can modify and control health. However, with the advent of quantum physics, scientists have realized the flaws in Newtonian physics, as quantum physics shows us that the invisible, immaterial realm is actually far more important than the material realm. In fact, your thoughts may shape your environment far more than physical matter!

According to Dr. Lipton, the true secret to life does not lie within your DNA, but rather within the mechanisms of your cell membrane.

Each cell membrane has receptors that pick up various environmental signals, and this mechanism controls the "reading" of the genes inside your cells. Your cells can choose to read or not read the genetic blueprint depending on the signals being received from the environment. So having a "cancer program" in your DNA does not automatically mean you're destined to get cancer. Far from it. This genetic information does not ever have to be expressed...

What this all means is that you are not controlled by your genetic makeup. Instead, your genetic readout (which genes are turned "on" and which are turned "off") is primarily determined by your thoughts, attitudes, and perceptions!

The major problem with believing the myth that your genes control your life is that you become a victim of your heredity. Since you can't change your genes, it essentially means that your life is predetermined, and therefore you have very little control over your health. With any luck, modern medicine will find the gene responsible and be able to alter it, or devise some other form of drug to modify your body's chemistry, but aside from that, you're out of luck… The new science, however, reveals that your perceptions control your biology, and this places you in the driver's seat, because if you can change your perceptions, you can shape and direct your own genetic readout.

This new science also reveals that you are in fact an extension of your environment, which includes everything from your thoughts and belief systems, to toxic exposures and exposure to sunlight, exercise, and, of course, everything you choose to put onto and into your body. As Dr. Lipton is fond of saying, the new biology moves you out of victimhood and into Mastery—mastery over your own health.

It is a supreme confirmation of my favorite saying, "You Can Take Control of Your Health."

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/04/11/epigenetic-vs-determinism.aspx

RE: What happened to anti aging? - blue42 - 12-30-2014

If you want to talk about extreme accountability..

They were waiting for me.

RE: What happened to anti aging? - thor2014 - 12-31-2014

I do feel subliminals can actually benefit and help enhance certain aspects of our lives. However I just feel you are choosing the wrong methodology going foreward.

Why not focus on specific exercises and a diet which will greatly enhance your body ?. The AMS product would be right down your street when it comes to accomplishing these goals. Do you really think that sitting on your arse allday listening to an anti ageing sub will rejuvinate your body ?.

RE: What happened to anti aging? - terry44 - 12-31-2014

(12-31-2014, 06:54 AM)thor2014 Wrote: I do feel subliminals can actually benefit and help enhance certain aspects of our lives. However I just feel you are choosing the wrong methodology going foreward.

Why not focus on specific exercises and a diet which will greatly enhance your body ?. The AMS product would be right down your street when it comes to accomplishing these goals. Do you really think that sitting on your arse allday listening to an anti ageing sub will rejuvinate your body ?.

Who said I want to sit around on my arse all day listening to anti aging subs? You seem make all kinds of assumptions. I usually work between 12 and 14 hours a day, sometimes longer, 6 or 7 days a week, which at 56 isn't easy. And I've spent the last three years working on my diet and exercise, getting it to the point where I think subs could take it to the next level.

BTW, did you even read the quote/link I posted? Like I said, until you understand the profound implications of epigenetics and that your subconscious perceptions of the world are at least as important as diet/exercise, there's not much point in having a discussion.

RE: What happened to anti aging? - thor2014 - 01-01-2015

Good to hear that your working on your diet and have an exercise plan in place. I admit that I have yet to read the article you kindly shared with me. I will take a read now.

(12-31-2014, 07:16 AM)terry44 Wrote:
(12-31-2014, 06:54 AM)thor2014 Wrote: I do feel subliminals can actually benefit and help enhance certain aspects of our lives. However I just feel you are choosing the wrong methodology going foreward.

Who said I want to sit around on my arse all day listening to anti aging subs? You seem make all kinds of assumptions. I usually work between 12 and 14 hours a day, sometimes longer, 6 or 7 days a week, which at 56 isn't easy. And I've spent the last three years working on my diet and exercise, getting it to the point where I think subs could take it to the next level.

BTW, did you even read the quote/link I posted? Like I said, until you understand the profound implications of epigenetics and that your subconscious perceptions of the world are at least as important as diet/exercise, there's not much point in having a discussion.

RE: What happened to anti aging? - thor2014 - 01-01-2015

You could well be onto something here. I am going to do some further research and get back to you on my findings.