Subliminal Talk
Has anyone truly overcome their fear of public speaking? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Has anyone truly overcome their fear of public speaking? (/Thread-Has-anyone-truly-overcome-their-fear-of-public-speaking)

Has anyone truly overcome their fear of public speaking? - cfact - 12-07-2014

Was wondering if any of you started off with a dread of or insecurity with public speaking, and then, with the help of subs and other techniques/practices (PSTEC, toastmasters) truly became a dynamic and confident public speaker.

If you did, let us know exactly the subs and approach you took. It is one of those weird things that no matter how accomplished, alpha and even confident I feel - I cannot seem to fully shake off. I want to be able to boldly speak, at any time, to any audience!

RE: Has anyone truly overcome their fear of public speaking? - Shawn - 12-07-2014

I just can say I did some progress here with AM6.

RE: Has anyone truly overcome their fear of public speaking? - Clansy - 12-07-2014

Same here, AM6 kicked ass on this topic for me Wink. I was quite good at public speaking before, but still would feel quite a bit of pressure while talking in English (english is not my main language) before audience, class of about 100 students. About 2 month in AM6, it made such a big change that now I just completely ignore people and don't even care about them sitting there, laughing, judging or doing something. I just go to make a presentations or talks with only few minutes of preparations beforehand (while other take at least few hours for that) and it feel more like going to have some fun that to speak or do something serious. Over all then I am before audience I just have fun now, tell jokes, ask questions, move and walk while I am talking, even play with my intonations and accents to make it more fun.

Keep in mind I have done AM5 before and 6 months of LTU, so I have had pretty good background for it to bloom Wink, but if your question is if subliminals can help you in public speaking then answer is definitely YES, because before founding these subs I would have had problems even speaking with one person, not to talk about a girl Wink...

And yes work with PSTEC on all the bad feeling you get after public speaking, It will definitely help you!

RE: Has anyone truly overcome their fear of public speaking? - cfact - 12-07-2014

Thanks for the response, and good to know - I think I am going to do LTU next...
but you say you improved from already being "quite good" - which is great - but I am curious if anyone who dreaded public speaking actually now enjoys it?
Not a question if subs work - more like what did the person who hated public speaking do to completely reverse it?

RE: Has anyone truly overcome their fear of public speaking? - Shawn - 12-07-2014

I wouldn't say I enjoy it, but I was completely horrible with public speaking. Compared to before AM I made a big step forward and feel much more confident there.

RE: Has anyone truly overcome their fear of public speaking? - blue42 - 12-07-2014

I was a kid with a public access live call in show so.. yes. but not from subs.