Subliminal Talk
Will subs work with a hearing impediment? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Frequently Asked Questions & Resources (FAQ) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Resources-FAQ)
+--- Thread: Will subs work with a hearing impediment? (/Thread-Will-subs-work-with-a-hearing-impediment)

Will subs work with a hearing impediment? - Mickey - 11-15-2014

I have what is called Central Auditory Prcessing Disorder (CAPD). It's not a big deal I just have trouble hearing people in loud areas like bars or on the street. It's got to do with how I process the sounds they get mixed up and I cannot hear the difference between words and noise.

I'm wondering if masked tracks won't work for me?

I use the ultrasonic at night for ~8hrs and the masked during the day for ~6hrs. I'm 4 weeks into ASC and I think I'm experiencing some resistance. When I go to bed I play the ultrasonic on speakers but it takes me a couple of hours to get to sleep. My mind is full of thoughts usually about negative things. People that have confronted me, previous fights, people I hate etc.

I only get those feelings when I first play the ultrasonic. Nothing with the masked tracks. Also when I get up I feel like I haven't slept at all.

If anyone has any knowledge of CAPD your thoughts would be greatly appreciated Smile

Thanks

RE: Will subs work with a hearing impediment? - Joronda - 11-30-2014

Hope Shannon spots your question.

RE: Will subs work with a hearing impediment? - adam225 - 11-30-2014

It sounds like only the ultasonic track is working if you ask me. The reason you're experiencing all that negativity shows that it's doing something. I'd just stick with the ultrasonic track if I was you and ride out the bad patch. I only use the ultasonic track personally.

RE: Will subs work with a hearing impediment? - Mickey - 11-30-2014

(11-30-2014, 02:02 AM)adam225 Wrote: It sounds like only the ultasonic track is working if you ask me. The reason you're experiencing all that negativity shows that it's doing something. I'd just stick with the ultrasonic track if I was you and ride out the bad patch. I only use the ultasonic track personally.

That's what I'm guessing as well. If I was having a conversation with someone next to a loud stream I would hear only half of it. I don't know if my subconcious works the same way with subs though..?

I'll just use the ultrasonic track to be safe. Do you calibrate the volume the same for headphones as you do for speakers?

RE: Will subs work with a hearing impediment? - adam225 - 11-30-2014

Just use a volume of 25% maximum. You only need a low volume when running the ultasonic track through headphones. I always recheck the volume against the other tracks as well though.

You will get better results using headphones.

RE: Will subs work with a hearing impediment? - Shannon - 12-03-2014

It is possible that only the ultrasonic is working for you, and it is possible that, because of the difference in the volume of subliminal input between ultrasonic and masked, you are only accessing a deeper part of your subconscious with the masked. The volume seems to directly correlate with motivation, so it may be that... but I'm inclined to believe that you are being better served by using the ultrasonic track, personally.