Subliminal Talk
Bad habit breaker/exchanger Suggestion - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: Title Requests & Suggestions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Title-Requests-Suggestions)
+--- Thread: Bad habit breaker/exchanger Suggestion (/Thread-Bad-habit-breaker-exchanger-Suggestion)

Bad habit breaker/exchanger Suggestion - Elusive - 01-24-2011

I thought it would be most useful to have a sub that releases and/or replaces habits that are useless and unproductive (watch television, snoozing and consuming sugar and coffie). So other habits that improves a persons health, success and growth, can take its place(self improvement and stuff)

RE: Bad habit breaker/exchanger Suggestion - Shannon - 01-27-2011

Interesting twist on a concept I have used before. But what shall it replace them with?

RE: Bad habit breaker/exchanger Suggestion - WildFlower - 01-29-2011

If I'm understanding you correctly, the sub would have to be specific wouldn't it?

Tangential to your habit breaker/exchanger suggestion, I've been wondering a bit about the psychology behind why an insult is infinitely more powerful than a compliment. I know it is for me anyway. If I was complimented 10 times in a row, followed by 1 insult, I know it would be the insult that would effect my mood more so than the compliments. Studies show we (and by we I include animals) remember painful event's in our lives much more than we do any other type of event's. I'm not a big fan of Evolutionary Psychology but I'm sympathetic towards the view that it's biologically more important to avoid danger, and therefore the subconscious is more privy to learning what's 'bad' and should be 'avoided' rather than what's 'good'. It would make sense that an insult effects your mood more than a compliment, as to make a greater lasting impression and influence on you. The upshot - and the downside - of this, I guess, is that it's much easier to reinforce negative beliefs about one self than it is positive beliefs. I'd say it's not unreasonable to suggest that everyone reaches adult age with some form of negative baggage they've accumulated over the years. Thank god for Subliminals. I wonder if there's a way to harness the natural power of the insult and inject it into the compliment.

RE: Bad habit breaker/exchanger Suggestion - SantaRich - 01-29-2011

(01-29-2011, 02:52 PM)WildFlower Wrote: If I'm understanding you correctly, the sub would have to be specific wouldn't it?

Tangential to your habit breaker/exchanger suggestion, I've been wondering a bit about the psychology behind why an insult is infinitely more powerful than a compliment. I know it is for me anyway. If I was complimented 10 times in a row, followed by 1 insult, I know it would be the insult that would effect my mood more so than the compliments. Studies show we (and by we I include animals) remember painful event's in our lives much more than we do any other type of event's. I'm not a big fan of Evolutionary Psychology but I'm sympathetic towards the view that it's biologically more important to avoid danger, and therefore the subconscious is more privy to learning what's 'bad' and should be 'avoided' rather than what's 'good'. It would make sense that an insult effects your mood more than a compliment, as to make a greater lasting impression and influence on you. The upshot - and the downside - of this, I guess, is that it's much easier to reinforce negative beliefs about one self than it is positive beliefs. I'd say it's not unreasonable to suggest that everyone reaches adult age with some form of negative baggage they've accumulated over the years. Thank god for Subliminals. I wonder if there's a way to harness the natural power of the insult and inject it into the compliment.

For many an individual entity those things that are of sorrow, are the greater help for unfoldment.

-Edgar Cayce

Some people use insults and negativity for motivation. I remember watching a program on national geographics about special forces, one guy said if you want to see something impossible, tell a, in that case navy seal, that it can't be done.