Subliminal Talk
It's all about the alpha male - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: It's all about the alpha male (/Thread-It-s-all-about-the-alpha-male)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: It's all about the alpha male - About - 01-25-2011

So today is day 5, or technically day 6 but I added one day because of my friends birthday party last Friday (saturday early morning technically) where I did not get a chance to listen to the subliminal.

Something felt off. I was talking to a girl I already knew from last semester. She's super nice and a pretty girl in her own manner, not the stereotypical pretty you see in television or media but she is in her own way. We were in the same class today but I'm not sure, something felt very off. I'll explain a little more in a second.

I just want to mention that it's been a while since I've even paid attention to my dreams. Being a formerly heavy pot smoker (now cutting back, been 2 or 3 days and still have no intention to start up again), it's nearly common knowledge that THC affects our REM cycles. Since I've been on the green for a while, it's nice to finally get that feeling of being off of it and noting my dreams. I had a dream about this girl I met once. We knew each other, went to a Eurotrash themed party and eventually ended up making out that night. Nothing else happened and it was fine, but I had a dream about her and her imaginary twin sister (one I made up in the dream haha). It was an odd dream and I remember that some members have had subliminals affecting their dreams in some way. Some people face zombie apocalypses haha.

Anyway, back to the feeling of being very off, it wasn't VERY off, but something felt backwards. I've been listening to the sub for 8 solid hours, especially while I sleep. Is it recommended I listen to 8 hours, and have 2 more hours of daytime listening? Or is the 8 hours during my sleep sufficient? Or 6 hours sleeping + 2 more day time (That would be hard to mediate since I like to sleep for at least 8 hours). Today when I was talking to the girl I met last semester, it was during class so my worries were probably nothing and mentally I was never shying out.

I might not be very clear, it's kind of late and I want to squeeze this in before I hit the sack. I talked to her during the class, and i was kind of hoping she would reply but I guess not everyone likes to have little chats during class like I do.

But yeah, strange day. Not sure what it was or if there was anything to actually worry about. Probably nothing. ZZZ Z time.

RE: It's all about the alpha male - WildFlower - 01-26-2011

What exactly do you mean by off? You've got to be careful not to force things; if you're to eager and expectant to see change then you can actually sent your vibe out of tilt a bit. I mean, if you don't know what your new vibe is and your feeling around to try and get an idea, then the response you get isn't what you expected. It's because, I think, there are incongruence's in what you are conveying. If this is what you mean by off, just relax and behave 'normal'. In Transactional Analysis terms, I think you may be experiencing 'crossed transactions', I've got this before when I was looking for change. I fixed it when I let the change come to me.

RE: It's all about the alpha male - About - 01-26-2011

Oh, last night I was pretty beat. Guess it was difficult to be clear unless you actually have some energy to think.

By off I mean I was talking to her and expecting her to reciprocate in conversation, but the problem was that I was trying to converse with her DURING class. Never a good thing I suppose. I felt off because I had some sort of expectant outcome, but I believe an alpha male does not have that belief and just goes with it.

There was also one thing I forgot to note, that my "best friend" is a *insert strong opinionated female slang word here*. We hung out pretty much all day together since we were in the same class in the morning and had no classes until night. She the definition of negativity I suppose. Her problem is that she clings onto one person, it's like having a girlfriend but not getting any. I did talk to her yesterday and said we cannot hang out as much as we do.

So, I think my friend ended up projecting a ton of... unfavorable energy towards me since that's how she is. The result probably meant that I was going to end up more beta and less alpha because she's somewhat of an alpha dog herself.

I'm rambling. Bottom line is I think she needs to go and I have to be careful of how I wean her off of me. Whenever we have school breaks (fall, winter, and spring, especially summer) we hardly get any contact and to be honest I actually prefer it that way. It's difficult to do it now since we're in the same major and graduating together.

I don't think I was eager to see change, these subs are pretty amazing on their own right on how they change me. I find myself actually seeing eye contact and smiling with people, previously I would have just shied away. I also definitely have more free-flowing non-nervous conversations with people I find attractive and do not experience any sort of "man what should I say next" sort of thing anymore. AM2011 is great.

RE: It's all about the alpha male - Shannon - 01-27-2011

Generally it doesn't much matter when you are exposed, but during sleep seems to allow for somewhat faster integration because your mind has nothing else to deal with. 8 hours is the recommended amount of time to listen to a single subliminal per day. Don't go over 12 with a single program. Also, 12 is recommended for the total if you are using two programs, and don't go over 16.

Recommended times are what seems to produce the best results.

RE: It's all about the alpha male - RainbowAbyss - 01-27-2011

Wildflower, ur post about crossed transactions is so freakin zen
spot on I mean I've got to remember to let the change come to me...

RE: It's all about the alpha male - About - 01-31-2011

So I feel like nothing has really changed all that much since my last post. Those feelings of oddness definitely were me trying to force an outcome out of a situation where said outcome was highly unlikely to happen. Maybe it was my friend, who knows. Forget that, time to move on.

I'm curious to see what the other stages look like since I feel like I got the bulk of the messages in stage 1. I know why 32 days is recommended, so that I can continue to solidify what has been going on in my head, and I definitely won't skip ahead. Each time I record stuff in my journal (not this one), recently I have been putting in less and less. It's more like, I'm beginning to feel that my responses on the day to day interactions I have are normal responses that I should have been having all my life, but for some reason it was like I had horse blinders on my entire life and stage 1 is slowly dissolving them away. I have a feeling the next 5 stages will continue to do that.

RE: It's all about the alpha male - RainbowAbyss - 01-31-2011

Sounds like good stuff, I see my responses to things now and can't believe how blind I was to normal,
logical things just a little while ago. Each stage has made me feel that way about the last stage and from what I read that has been the case with alot of people. What do u mean when u say u feel u got the bulk of the messages in stage 1. I think ull be very suprised at how drasticly each stage will further effect u.

RE: It's all about the alpha male - About - 02-02-2011

I mean there are only so many changes that you can go through per stage, and I think I hit them all in stage 1. I could be wrong though, there could be more changes that I'm not seeing so I'm not going to skip ahead either way. Just a thought though.

I'm very eager to see how the next 6 months will end up. Especially with me graduating in May and all that.

RE: It's all about the alpha male - About - 02-07-2011

So I went to a random house party on Saturday. I still felt apprehensive/uncomfortable and not wanting to really approach anybody, somewhat no different than my days before I discovered subliminals. Is this just a weakness of my character?

I find it difficult to approach people in general. I don't think it was the randomness of the house party, although when I have my own house parties (which are very rare) I do talk to everyone there since it is my place. I was at this party because I am good friends with 2/3rds of the band playing that night. Maybe it is the randomness of the house party. When I think about talking to women, I still have worries about whether or not I sound stupid, or whether or not I appear cool. It's automatic and I'm not really sure how to get rid of it. I have read tons of PUA material, and truth be told I never followed it at all. Just going out there and doing cold approaches definitely will not solve the issue since I just seem to have some fear of doing it already. Is there any advice anyone has to give me on this matter? I feel a little helpless here since this is something that I have yet to solve, even after years of attempting (since i've read lots and lots of pua material).

But on a more positive light, if I were to put my feelings into words, I would say that I feel more energetic somewhat in general with stage 1 of alpha male 2011. When I do my homework, I'm no longer apprehensive, although I still procrastinate heavily. This is something that I definitely need to work on, but like I say when I have work to do and I find myself doing something productive, I feel much better about myself. It's like the sub is egging me on to continually do things which are productive and makes me feel good about myself.

RE: It's all about the alpha male - About - 02-12-2011

Looks like no one has really seen/read/replied to my last post, oh well.

So I feel great with the AM2011 subs. When I said I felt like I got the bulk of the message, I really felt like I did. But it turns out that listening to it more just further solidifies what those beliefs were. I still had old thoughts pop in my head but those old thoughts become less and less as I listen more and more.

RE: It's all about the alpha male - AwesomeYoungDude - 02-12-2011

Wow sorry about no one posting. The procrastination things is a hard one to overcome. I'm hoping AM11 continues the progress I made with Overcoming Procrastination. I did use the BraindWave Entertainmant Beta on Friday and the day progressed very well. The BE Beta gave me a clairity of mind. I'll continue with it's use in the morning and after lunch and report on the results on my thread. Oh I'll only be using it that way for a week, then I'll take a week off and see what happens. If needed I'll repeat the next week.

RE: It's all about the alpha male - Shannon - 02-12-2011

You not liking to approach people you don't know isn't a character flaw. In some cases, it's just a particular personality type and in some cases, it's set of beliefs. Sometimes both. I am the same way - I don't like dealing with people I don't know because I haven't gotten to know them yet. I tend to respond that way because my style is to "blend with the person"in some sense in order to better communicate, and when I don't yet know them, I can't do that. Having communication flub up has really been costly for me in the past, so I am careful with it.

But the alpha set will really help with that, too. Eventually you just won't care, and you'll start simply saying what comes to mind, even if you don't know the person. Just give it time. You're only on stage 1.

RE: It's all about the alpha male - Spiral - 02-15-2011

All throughout stage 4 I've been more calm and laid back. I don't make the effort to introduce myself unless the other person steps forward. I am in my head sometimes but I don't really care at the same time. I feel better though once the other person makes the introduction. This happens alot when I go on trips because I meet managers, staff, guides, and other hunters. I just lay back and since they are the adults I let them make the first move usually. And as far as talking with them and getting to know them.. I usually let them talk with friends and I include myself in the conversation by stepping into the circle. It wasnt like this in the earlier stages. I was more upbeat and had a good balance of charisma. but since being in stage 4 Ive just been "that one guy" and everyone makes room for me. I take things at my own leisure and think carefully bout anything I say because I have to be professional. but if they ask questions and are interested I make it worth their while. Don't be afraid to speak up or take things slow. Own your space and be your own person. Just go with the flow and ask questions. that makes things go better for everyone.

RE: It's all about the alpha male - Cortez - 02-16-2011

(02-07-2011, 11:12 PM)About Wrote: So I went to a random house party on Saturday. I still felt apprehensive/uncomfortable and not wanting to really approach anybody, somewhat no different than my days before I discovered subliminals. Is this just a weakness of my character?

I find it difficult to approach people in general. I don't think it was the randomness of the house party, although when I have my own house parties (which are very rare) I do talk to everyone there since it is my place. I was at this party because I am good friends with 2/3rds of the band playing that night. Maybe it is the randomness of the house party. When I think about talking to women, I still have worries about whether or not I sound stupid, or whether or not I appear cool. It's automatic and I'm not really sure how to get rid of it. I have read tons of PUA material, and truth be told I never followed it at all. Just going out there and doing cold approaches definitely will not solve the issue since I just seem to have some fear of doing it already. Is there any advice anyone has to give me on this matter? I feel a little helpless here since this is something that I have yet to solve, even after years of attempting (since i've read lots and lots of pua material).

Reframing is the best way to get rid of these beliefs. Why do you feel the need to get something from these people you're talking to? Because that's the only reason you feel anxiety in dealing with people. Your personality is probably not one where you feel the need to approach every single person and on that case it won't be physically congruent when you do or in other words, it will just seem off. So therefore, only do what you feel like doing. Everything you do will be natural then. Seek what you will get the most enjoyment out of at any given moment, not what you think you need to do to get enjoyment at some later date. You can either be the life of the party or you can be the James Bond type and both are equally powerful. The only important part to both of them is that you remove neediness from the equation and the alpha set will help you with that. You'll be fine. Trust me.