Subliminal Talk
Ampers&d Finds His Mojo [SM3.0] - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Ampers&d Finds His Mojo [SM3.0] (/Thread-Ampers-d-Finds-His-Mojo-SM3-0)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Ampers&d Finds His Mojo [SM3.0] - Ampersnd - 06-29-2014

Stage 1, Day 12

Today left me with more questions than answers.
Signed up early in the morning, wrote most of a blog post on life's purpose for musicians. I can post if someone asks (I've already posted 13 other posts in June).
Went to work and went through it.

Busking was terrible; I made 15$ in 2 hours. My skills gave out on me, and it might just mean I could break into the next-level, again.
Compare this to this touring busker who made 350+ dollars in the last hour I played, and has pulled 1000$ a day in my city for the last 3 days.
This is just a clip of him in some random city: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXnb7H-byIM
He was on Australia's Got Talent (Tom Ward).

Anyways, we hit it off pretty well; he's a really cool guy to talk to as well, and shared a lot of tips on the topic of making loads of money while busking (i.e. sell CDs and tickets, and more), and just in general.

But that leaves me confused, since I realize that there's so much that I could learn, but don't know, and don't know where to start!

RE: Ampers&d Finds His Mojo [SM3.0] - SargeMaximus - 06-29-2014

I hear ya, yo. Money is really on my mind lately too. How to make it and make it GROW is what I'm interested in. But again: where to start? For me, it's eliminating my debt once and for all.

RE: Ampers&d Finds His Mojo [SM3.0] - Ampersnd - 07-03-2014

Stage 1, Day 16

I'm halfway through Stage 1, and it feels like nothing has happened. In reality, I'm resolute that a whole lot has happened internally.

I'm at a point right now where I feel lazy, a bit empty, and invisible.
At some points, I get extremely tired. Yesterday, I slept for 10 hours, and it didn't feel like enough.

I signed up for the 100 Day Challenge to help me focus on 2 major goals, and 3 performance goals. The amount of commitment that's required has left me a bit paralyzed, as I have to figure out a lot of details.

Tonight, I'll be busking outside of my city's Bluesfest right after the last concert (11pm) to catch all the people that are leaving. It should go without a hitch, since I'll begin outside their hours of operation, or in other words, after their last concert, as well as outside their premises.

RE: Ampers&d Finds His Mojo [SM3.0] - Ampersnd - 07-03-2014

Day 16 could be summed up as "Get Dan as depressed as possible about his life, then turn it around to an inspiring evening" day.

I was 3 days without busking; I stopped seeing the point of pushing forward, and in fact, lost the meaning of living. I wasn't suicidal, but there seemed to be no point in the actions I am taking.

After work (9:30pm), I went to my city's Bluesfest - well, down the road from it, where people were leaving - and started playing over Blake Sheldon around 10:30pm, with a sign saying "Someday, I'll be headlining Bluesfest". People could still hear me, and paid me accordingly. People kept saying "I believe you'll make it!" or "You've got what it takes", some of those comments coming from very attractive women and it really gave me a boost! One woman smacked my ass (sexual harassment!) and ran off.

I played for roughly 2 hours, got into good conversations, and then bused home. I totaled a bit over 122$, a personal best for busking! I'll be going back as many days as possible!

RE: Ampers&d Finds His Mojo [SM3.0] - Geodude - 07-04-2014

Do you have a feeling of like everything is pointless? Sometimes during Stage 1 and 2 I would think like: "Yeah making a lot of money and hooking with beautiful women would be great, but what's the point? Nothing will ever make me happy."

RE: Ampers&d Finds His Mojo [SM3.0] - SargeMaximus - 07-04-2014

(07-04-2014, 07:12 AM)Geodude Wrote: Do you have a feeling of like everything is pointless? Sometimes during Stage 1 and 2 I would think like: "Yeah making a lot of money and hooking with beautiful women would be great, but what's the point? Nothing will ever make me happy."

I've noticed similar shifts in thinking during AM6. I think it's important because you are realizing (painfully) that nothing external can make you happy. That "scar" from the wound of that realization is what propels us towards indifference or independence.

RE: Ampers&d Finds His Mojo [SM3.0] - Ampersnd - 07-04-2014

(07-04-2014, 07:12 AM)Geodude Wrote: Do you have a feeling of like everything is pointless? Sometimes during Stage 1 and 2 I would think like: "Yeah making a lot of money and hooking with beautiful women would be great, but what's the point? Nothing will ever make me happy."

You know what? Today, I had a certain sense of disgust about sex in general. The thought: "You know what? Why would people get so close together, get all their sweat mixed up, and put themselves in each other? That's kind of disgusting!"

It's probably an amplification of a block I've had in regards to having sex.

But in regards to making money/having sex, I don't disregard the importance of having money, as it helps me fulfill my purpose. Becoming 'sexy' is another factor to fulfilling my purpose.

RE: Ampers&d Finds His Mojo [SM3.0] - Ampersnd - 07-05-2014

Stage 1, Day 18

I feel pretty good today; not excellent, not terrible. Work was long-winded and I was looking forward to its end. I learned 3 'Lady Gaga' songs to appeal to the Lady Gaga fans. I also learned that Gaga fans are bad tippers. I'm making about as much as I make while busking. And it's partially because of the large crowd (loud noise), and one band with 1000W, a very disrespectful move for other buskers.

More women are paying attention to me; some women are taking pictures with me, one gave me her number, and I've been chatting with her a bit. She basically hung around me for 10 seconds, and then asks: "gotta pen?" And writes it down. Police shut me down.

On the ride, I saw some acquaintances, an extra woman who's pretty attractive, and three extra guys. The guys were mid-20s, buff guys, from the army, and were pretty cool. The extra woman was 17. I lost interest at that point. But what got me was that these guys were macking on her. Didn't make a terrible amount of sense to me; eh, to each their own.

She was interested in me though :p

RE: Ampers&d Finds His Mojo [SM3.0] - Geodude - 07-06-2014

Get used to that. Women will continue to get more and more interested in you. This one gorgeous chick I know had an interest in me of about 1/10. (1 being totally uninterested, 10 being extremely interested) I'm almost done with Stage 2 and her interest in me is probably an 8/10. Unfortunately, she has a boyfriend. But almost every single woman I know has displayed a very significant increase of interest in me. It's the most noticeable result you will notice, besides the raging sex drive. Smile

RE: Ampers&d Finds His Mojo [SM3.0] - Ampersnd - 07-06-2014

Stage 1, Day 19

"Cute", "yum", "hot" are all words I keep hearing from women while busking.
It's pretty sweet!

But my sex drive is practically non-existent; I've actually lost count of the days without busting a nut; probably 6. Might intentionally break that cycle tonight as I have the day "off" tomorrow (I'll still be busking).

RE: Ampers&d Finds His Mojo [SM3.0] - Ampersnd - 07-07-2014

[HD VDO]: Stage 1, Day 20:
http://youtu.be/OfCwK2dxzqc

High Definition really showcases my face asymmetry, I notice.

I'll post more 'text' tonight, but here's some info.
My weird stomach ache thing is mostly gone, and I'll feeling a bit lazy today. I have to go to the gym.

I'm working on a product that takes a complete guitar newbie, and teaches them motor skills that build on each other as the days go on, so that they are pretty competent at the 30 day mark. I kind of feel like Shannon, as I have to consider what the person knows as they go through each day, and make sure that the next skill will be attainable, yet will also give quick progress so that they can do complex things like strumming, chord changes, etc.

I'll be recording this in HD video and selling it online and to new guitarists I meet.

RE: Ampers&d Finds His Mojo [SM3.0] - guilotine - 07-07-2014

(07-07-2014, 01:22 PM)DanAmerson Wrote: [HD VDO]: Stage 1, Day 20:
http://youtu.be/OfCwK2dxzqc

High Definition really showcases my face asymmetry, I notice.

I'll post more 'text' tonight, but here's some info.
My weird stomach ache thing is mostly gone, and I'll feeling a bit lazy today. I have to go to the gym.

I'm working on a product that takes a complete guitar newbie, and teaches them motor skills that build on each other as the days go on, so that they are pretty competent at the 30 day mark. I kind of feel like Shannon, as I have to consider what the person knows as they go through each day, and make sure that the next skill will be attainable, yet will also give quick progress so that they can do complex things like strumming, chord changes, etc.

I'll be recording this in HD video and selling it online and to new guitarists I meet.

Everyone has some level of asymmetry. You are a good looking dude.

I've been wanting to learn how to play the guitar for a while!
I have no idea as of now. Maybe I will check out your product.

RE: Ampers&d Finds His Mojo [SM3.0] - Ampersnd - 07-07-2014

Just an aside, I'm trying to record a video cover of a certain song. It showcases my raspy voice, trained while busking. I nail it in rehearsal, but the second that the camera and recording devices are on, it falls apart. It's actually very frustrating! Because the second that the camera turns off, I'm killing it.

I'm going to step away from recording this thing for a day, and practice it while busking today.

Update: I just checked; there is no Bluesfest tonight.

RE: Ampers&d Finds His Mojo [SM3.0] - Ampersnd - 07-08-2014

I had a "sweet" dream.

I was at Justicar's (some YouTuber that's I've never met) house, with some other guys and gals. One gal caught my attention. She arrived late, and Justicar offered to give a tour, she said cool. As she walked off, I stop J and say "Hey, mind if I give the tour? I'd like to try to sleep with her". He's like "yeah, cool!"

So we begin our tour, we arrive in this bedroom to stop and talk. For some reason, we're in our underwear (we havn't done anything yet), and then these guys walk in the room and start chatting her up.

So I go upstairs (like 3rd or 4th floor of this house) with another girl, presumably a friend, we pick a room, LOCK the door, and lay down so I can talk about this woman. She says "sing to me why you like this woman so much". And I do.

Then my female friend transforms into the first woman; petite, blonde, cute, and in the same bed as I. She says something, then scoots up to me on the bed and starts kissing me. Details are hazy after that. I think I woke up.