Subliminal Talk
Suggestions for Healing Back Pain - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Title Requests & Suggestions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Title-Requests-Suggestions)
+--- Thread: Suggestions for Healing Back Pain (/Thread-Suggestions-for-Healing-Back-Pain)

Suggestions for Healing Back Pain - risingwarrior - 05-19-2014

Hi,
I've been reading many books on back and neck pain and have some ideas to share that could help build a better sub for people suffering from this problem.

One of the most remarkable things I discovered (after reading John Sarno's book Healing Back Pain) is that many back pains/neck pain/fibromyalgia are caused by repressed anger and unconscious rage. He mentioned many cases of people being cured after simply reading his book, because it's just an idea that needs to be planted in the reader's head. What we call back pain is in fact TMS ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tension_myositis_syndrome ) and once it is pointed out to the sufferer that his/her back pain is due to their repressed emotion the pain simply goes away.

Now, these are not just theories I'm telling you. I was one of the lucky ones to have my back pain almost disappear instantly once my mind accepted the idea. However, after some time when I forgot about TMS, the pain came back again. Every time I repress my anger, the pain comes back, so the diagnosis is valid. And, I'm sure it must be valid for many patients who spend millions on this therapy. What my trouble is that, my subconscious has trouble accepting TMS and so it snaps back to its old repressing habits. Having a sub do that for me would be gold.

An all-encompassing program to correct back, neck, and shoulder pain would be an awesome idea and I'm sure there would be many people interested in it.

A few things to incorporate would be:
  • Idea that the pain is due to repressed emotions and other TMS affirmations given in the book by John Sarno. This might complete cure 20-30% patients thus not needing any further care. For others, affirmations from any other healing program can be incorporated.
  • How to adopt a proper posture (Books to read: Alexander technique and Gokhale method. Both methods do an excellent job at correcting posture)
  • Pushing the user to do yoga every day. (Helps a lot!)
  • Helping the user to better deal with pain.
  • Have a tension-free, light body
  • Get rid of chronic fatigue.

This might be a program not just to heal back pain, but to make a better back and create a better posture that gives the patient more confidence in daily life. Could be called "Better Back for Life" or something like that.

Would love to hear Shannon's thoughts on this.
Note:
The aforementioned books and courses have helped me personally but to encompass everyone more inputs from other courses might be needed.

RE: Suggestions for Healing Back Pain - Shannon - 05-26-2014

I'm not convinced that what you have concluded is a valid diagnosis or logically follows. There are things you have not considered.

I have created and released two pain relief programs that are known to work for back pain (GPR V8 and V10). They also focus on not just stopping the pain, but getting you to heal the cause and prevent it in the future. It would seem then that this is unnecessary to pursue further.

Interesting concept that repressed anger causes such things as fibromyalgia. I have a tester with that who loves the pain relief programs I have her testing, and I can see how her history might have her repressing huge amounts of anger. I'll have to start experimenting with removing those things in the pain relief programs directly and see how it affects the pain. I suspect that may be a big reason for a lot of people's pain, and a lot of types of pain.

But I prefer to work on one general purpose pain relief program, instead of specializing if at all possible because there are other directions in which I need to work and focus.