Subliminal Talk
Nerph's Attempt at Confidence - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Nerph's Attempt at Confidence (/Thread-Nerph-s-Attempt-at-Confidence)

Nerph's Attempt at Confidence - Nerph - 11-21-2013

Hi All,

So I'm not usually a forum participator, more a lurker who posts the odd comment if I can answer someone's question. I thought I might do something different this time given what I'm trying to do. That is to build self confidence - so stuff it, I'll put this out there Blush

I've been dating an awesome girl for a while and things were going along very nicely until recently. I know the only reason for the cooling off is my lack of confidence, mainly in social situations. Like I need to man up and take some control and not care about what people think (clearly I need alpha male Tongue). I haven't lost the game yet but I need to get myself sorted. Whether I lose her or not though, I want to do this for the next girl that comes my way.

Anyway, since ASC is free I thought why the hell not. It's tempting to jump in and try alpha male but since this is my first experience I thought it's a good place to start with ASC (and hey, Shannon, good on you for putting full products out for free so we can try). I guess also it's a good foundation for something like alpha male.

So I've done 2 days so far, listened to the masked versions on headphones for 8 hours each day. Nothing major has happened yet but it's early days. A few times I have noticed something like a small surge of energy - no idea where it comes from but it's like a seize the day kind of moment. In general though don't feel any different yet but as I said it's only two days. I want to try and get more hours of listening in each day so might try and use my ipod while I sleep, I don't think my earbuds will stay in all night but I can give it a try.

Feel positive about what I'm doing anyway and if this works out then there are a hell of a lot of subs available that sound awesome for the future, no idea where to start - a good problem to have really Tongue

Nerph

RE: Nerph's Attempt at Confidence - MadTheReaper - 11-21-2013

Good luck with your journey.
Keep us updated with the changes.

RE: Nerph's Attempt at Confidence - Shannon - 11-21-2013

Nerph, your thread title sounds so... confident! lol

Give it time. You'll find that program is really enjoyable.

RE: Nerph's Attempt at Confidence - Nerph - 11-22-2013

(11-21-2013, 03:26 PM)Shannon Wrote: Nerph, your thread title sounds so... confident! lol

Hahaha, yeah it seems I need this Big Grin

RE: Nerph's Attempt at Confidence - Nerph - 11-29-2013

So day 10 of listening to ASC 5G. Haven't really noticed much so far. Last weekend I didn't listen at all though which I guess would set things back a bit.

I started out listening to masked versions through headphones but it wasn't convenient on the weekend so this week I've started using Ultrasonic instead through my laptop. That way I'm getting about 16-18 hours exposure each day/night during the week and even if I'm out on weekends I'll still get at least 8 hours or so each day on Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully that will pick things up a bit.

Seems that some people notice an affect sooner than others. I just wonder if the way I'm listening is ok but my laptop speakers are capable of 20kHz, according to both the specs and the sound test file available on this site. Also I think I remember reading in the forums Shannon said he listens to Ultrasonics through his laptop so the method should be fine.

Anyway I'm going to keep going and see what happens.

RE: Nerph's Attempt at Confidence - smoothsam - 11-29-2013

(11-21-2013, 05:35 AM)Nerph Wrote: Hi All,

So I'm not usually a forum participator, more a lurker who posts the odd comment if I can answer someone's question. I thought I might do something different this time given what I'm trying to do. That is to build self confidence - so stuff it, I'll put this out there Blush

I've been dating an awesome girl for a while and things were going along very nicely until recently. I know the only reason for the cooling off is my lack of confidence, mainly in social situations. Like I need to man up and take some control and not care about what people think (clearly I need alpha male Tongue). I haven't lost the game yet but I need to get myself sorted. Whether I lose her or not though, I want to do this for the next girl that comes my way.

Anyway, since ASC is free I thought why the hell not. It's tempting to jump in and try alpha male but since this is my first experience I thought it's a good place to start with ASC (and hey, Shannon, good on you for putting full products out for free so we can try). I guess also it's a good foundation for something like alpha male.

So I've done 2 days so far, listened to the masked versions on headphones for 8 hours each day. Nothing major has happened yet but it's early days. A few times I have noticed something like a small surge of energy - no idea where it comes from but it's like a seize the day kind of moment. In general though don't feel any different yet but as I said it's only two days. I want to try and get more hours of listening in each day so might try and use my ipod while I sleep, I don't think my earbuds will stay in all night but I can give it a try.

Feel positive about what I'm doing anyway and if this works out then there are a hell of a lot of subs available that sound awesome for the future, no idea where to start - a good problem to have really Tongue

Nerph

Hey Nerph,

Do this only for you.

RE: Nerph's Attempt at Confidence - Shannon - 12-01-2013

(11-29-2013, 06:59 AM)Nerph Wrote: So day 10 of listening to ASC 5G. Haven't really noticed much so far. Last weekend I didn't listen at all though which I guess would set things back a bit.

Day 10... but there are 7 days in a week... and you didn't listen at all last week, so... you stopped and restarted, and are not on day 10. What day are you really on, Nerph?

RE: Nerph's Attempt at Confidence - Nerph - 12-01-2013

(12-01-2013, 08:51 AM)Shannon Wrote: Day 10... but there are 7 days in a week... and you didn't listen at all last week, so... you stopped and restarted, and are not on day 10. What day are you really on, Nerph?

Geeze, relax lol. I'm not attacking anyone here. I did listen last week - I said I didn't listen on the weekend - Saturday and Sunday, and also pointed out I realised this would set things back. It's the reason I switched to the ultrasonic track.

The first day of listening was on the 20th. So yes 10 days since I started but only 8 days of listening. I also guess that missing days means lost momentum - hence the comment about it setting things back. I don't know anything about this technology - but I guess your point is that missing the weekend means starting over since it was so early in the process.

Anyway I intend to keep listening because whatever the case, it's still early days and I'm keen to see where things go, especially now I'm using the Ultrasonic track and can get a lot of listening time in every day.

RE: Nerph's Attempt at Confidence - SargeMaximus - 12-01-2013

(12-01-2013, 04:05 PM)Nerph Wrote: Geeze, relax lol.

Lol. Cracked me up. Tensions seem to be running high everywhere these days.

RE: Nerph's Attempt at Confidence - Shannon - 12-01-2013

(12-01-2013, 04:05 PM)Nerph Wrote:
(12-01-2013, 08:51 AM)Shannon Wrote: Day 10... but there are 7 days in a week... and you didn't listen at all last week, so... you stopped and restarted, and are not on day 10. What day are you really on, Nerph?

Geeze, relax lol. I'm not attacking anyone here. I did listen last week - I said I didn't listen on the weekend - Saturday and Sunday, and also pointed out I realised this would set things back. It's the reason I switched to the ultrasonic track.

The first day of listening was on the 20th. So yes 10 days since I started but only 8 days of listening. I also guess that missing days means lost momentum - hence the comment about it setting things back. I don't know anything about this technology - but I guess your point is that missing the weekend means starting over since it was so early in the process.

Anyway I intend to keep listening because whatever the case, it's still early days and I'm keen to see where things go, especially now I'm using the Ultrasonic track and can get a lot of listening time in every day.

I misunderstood you then. I thought you said you had taken a week off.

RE: Nerph's Attempt at Confidence - Nerph - 12-07-2013

So things are getting interesting this week. It's subtle but I am noticing obvious changes when I am out and about. Kind of hard to explain but I feel like I am moving with purpose or something.

Previously when I was out doing regular things where there were people around, I would kind of just try to be inconspicuous and hope no one really saw me. Sounds a bit over the top but I just mean internally and the things that would go through my mind.

Over the last week though I simply don't care. I walk slower and with better posture, I feel relaxed when talking to people in day to day life and don't really consider my responses. I just say what's on my mind and carry on.

This is just in day to day life but with christmas coming up there's some good chances to see what happens in real social situations. So now I'm really looking forward to some social things I have coming up that previously I was apprehensive about.

Of course I'm not some super confident guy yet but I can feel a shift happening in my mindset. To which all I can say is bring it on.