Subliminal Talk
Onward... - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Onward... (/Thread-Onward)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Onward... - InTheZone - 03-10-2014

(03-09-2014, 06:23 PM)Patti Wrote: I saw that LTU 3.1 was released. Since I'm about half way through this program, I am wondering if it would be worth it to buy the updated version? And also would it be ok to start using right away or should I wait until I finish this version? Thanks!

Hi Patti, The upgrade to LTU 3.1 is free for people that purchased 3.0. It is a very minor update and shouldn't be a problem to switch from 3.0 to 3.1 in the middle.

RE: Onward... - Patti - 03-10-2014

(03-10-2014, 08:27 AM)InTheZone Wrote:
(03-09-2014, 06:23 PM)Patti Wrote: I saw that LTU 3.1 was released. Since I'm about half way through this program, I am wondering if it would be worth it to buy the updated version? And also would it be ok to start using right away or should I wait until I finish this version? Thanks!

Hi Patti, The upgrade to LTU 3.1 is free for people that purchased 3.0. It is a very minor update and shouldn't be a problem to switch from 3.0 to 3.1 in the middle.

Thanks InTheZone, if it's that minor I don't think I'll even worry about updating it.

RE: Onward... - Patti - 03-19-2014

I'm starting to lose faith in the long term benefits of this sub. It feels like it has very much fizzled out and the only thing I've been feeling for weeks is tired (exhausted) and now am starting to feel depressed. Perhaps it has run its course and done all it can do. Maybe I just need a break.

RE: Onward... - Joronda - 03-23-2014

Check with the instructions that you have played the sub for the required number of days, then give your mind a week or two off to freshen up if you are feeling tired all the time.

Shannon likes you to post what is happening to you while you are playing the subs, so he can tell if they are working properly. He needs the FEEDBACK good or bad.

RE: Onward... - Patti - 03-24-2014

(03-23-2014, 05:27 PM)Joronda Wrote: Check with the instructions that you have played the sub for the required number of days, then give your mind a week or two off to freshen up if you are feeling tired all the time.

Shannon likes you to post what is happening to you while you are playing the subs, so he can tell if they are working properly. He needs the FEEDBACK good or bad.

Not sure if I believe that Joronda. I think Shannon has gotten all the feedback from me that he needs! lmao I'm one of those very resistant types. In any case, it doesn't matter because I've switched programs.

RE: Onward... - Patti - 03-30-2014

My fat jeans are starting to be my skinny jeans! Sad Oh noooooo…..guess there's a weight management program in my future.

RE: Onward... - Patti - 04-02-2014

I've been listening to Emotional Healing now for about 2 weeks, and I've already seen much growth. (Which has nothing to do with my previous post lol) I'm talking about emotional growth. I'm listening to the masked trickling stream in the day and ultrasonic at night. This is an enjoyable program.

RE: Onward... - Patti - 04-04-2014

I realized today that I don't feel deserving of good things. Or to feel deserving is an arrogant feeling. I feel like this feeling keeps me humble. Interestingly, even though I've always have been a very thankful person, I see everything in my life as "good enough". And that "good enough" feeling keeps me grounded, as if things get better than good enough, then bad things may happen. So I guess maybe I stay "middle of the road" to keep things even? This seems like a tough rut to get out of! Too much fear!

RE: Onward... - Artemis - 04-04-2014

(04-04-2014, 05:27 AM)Patti Wrote: I realized today that I don't feel deserving of good things. Or to feel deserving is an arrogant feeling. I feel like this feeling keeps me humble. Interestingly, even though I've always have been a very thankful person, I see everything in my life as "good enough". And that "good enough" feeling keeps me grounded, as if things get better than good enough, then bad things may happen. So I guess maybe I stay "middle of the road" to keep things even? This seems like a tough rut to get out of! Too much fear!

Aw man I've been struggling with this problem too! I've been doing LTU and I know by the end it'll be cleared, but right now it's annoying, but I'm looking forward to what my life will be like when it's gone Big Grin

RE: Onward... - Patti - 04-21-2014

I realize now that since I've been listening to this sub, I've been cooking outside the box. Being the chief person who does the cooking and has to come up with the idea's, over the years it's gotten quite boring. But recently I'd say 3 to 4 days out of the week I've been trying new recipes. Yesterday we celebrated Easter which I cooked a big meal for. I have my usual menu that I make for big holidays but again, it's the same ole' same ole'. But this holiday, almost everything I made was a new recipe and probably the best dinner I've ever made. Normally, I would never try a new recipe for a big holiday, I would have to of tried it first and tweaked it if needed. What I've noticed most is that all this newness has been for the most part effortless. I think of it and do it and it's done and
delicious. My family thanks you Shannon! lol

RE: Onward... - Patti - 04-25-2014

If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it. Someone (the universe or whomever you deem it) is trying to get me to think illogically. I'm basically a logical thinker but also a believer in what cannot be seen so I really don't understand what's trying to be shown to me. I don't really understand how to think illogically. I can think outside the box, but I don't' really understand what's being asked of me. Any insight would help! Thanks!

RE: Onward... - Patti - 04-26-2014

This program is really doing a number on my self-esteem today. Feeling very low and sad...

RE: Onward... - Ruffian - 04-26-2014

Quote:Someone (the universe or whomever you deem it) is trying to get me to think illogically. I'm basically a logical thinker but also a believer in what cannot be seen so I really don't understand what's trying to be shown to me. I don't really understand how to think illogically. I can think outside the box, but I don't' really understand what's being asked of me.

Hey Patti, it sounds like you may be experiencing μετάνοια, or metanoia. My preferred definition of this word is “transformation of thinking.” For me, when I get to the scale of self-change that could be considered transformative, it is pretty much always preceded by overwhelm (or, as I like to call it, freaking out.)

I recently read a quote by neuroscientist Candace Pert that said that “the brain is a receiver, not a source.” I have seen in myself that what passes for thinking is, most of the time, an unconscious process of association. It's useful in some circumstances, but, more often, extremely limiting. It also begs the question, what is real thinking? How does “mind” differ from “brain?” What else needs to change, for the thinking to transform?

My suggestion is that you make time to sit quietly and uninterrupted each day. Even just a few minutes is good, more time is better. You don't do anything except sense your body. Whatever else is occurring for you internally, just keep coming back to sensing the body. I'd be interested to hear how this goes for you.

Good luck! Big Grin

RE: Onward... - Patti - 04-28-2014

That's interesting Ruffian! For me, thinking is what we mentally focus our thoughts on in a more manual way. Where as, the mind is where we hold thoughts in an automatic way, a place where we can combine forced thought with creative energy. It could be that thinking is the logical side and the mind is the illogical side. Hmm….So from what you offered and me basically thinking out loud here, I may of answered my own question. I wanted to know how to "think" illogically, but maybe I have to do exactly what you suggested. Use my mind in more of a meditation sense, so that my thoughts or answers come from a more creative place?

Unfortunately for me, meditation or this type of relaxation doesn't come easy to me. I really have to work at it, and although I have been doing just that, I feel like it's not exactly working the way it should. I'm sure I just need more time and practice. Commonly one of the things that happens is that I fall asleep, so I'm trying to limit my time to 5 minutes. But even in those 5 short minutes, I find it so hard to stay focused on my breathing or my body. My mind is always working over-time.

Thanks for the advice and explanation of what may be happening.