Subliminal Talk
Stop Smoking Forever ! - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Title Requests & Suggestions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Title-Requests-Suggestions)
+--- Thread: Stop Smoking Forever ! (/Thread-Stop-Smoking-Forever)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Stop Smoking Forever ! - InTheZone - 01-14-2014

Shannon is right. For me, it varies night to night. Some nights, I'm not really that tired and setting the volume too loud keeps me up, so, I turn it down. Other nights, I can sleep through just about anything and so I turn it up. The volume ends up between 50% and 75% on my phone. The sleep phones tend to not be as loud as regular headphones.

RE: Stop Smoking Forever ! - FREAK4LIFE - 01-22-2014

- The number of cigarettes keeps fluctuating. It has gone down to 17 and the maximum it goes to is 26 a day.

- Feel happy one day, the next day I feel mediocre. Haven't felt like utter shit for a while.

- Can only manage 8-9 hours a day.

- Thinking maybe I need to put in more hours for the sub.

- Have put the volume up on my sleep hones to around 60% and the effects have been drastically different than then volume I had it on before which was around 45-50%

RE: Stop Smoking Forever ! - FREAK4LIFE - 02-26-2014

Even after turning the volume up there has been no decrease in the number of cigarettes.

I don't know what I am doing wrong here.

Any ex-smokers care to comment here please as I need to know what it is I am doing wrong here and not getting results as described in the sales pitch for the Stop Smoking Forever product.

I am listening to a minimum of 8 hours a night wearing sleep hones. They fit pretty snugly on my head and there is no problem with it.

I have them connected to my iPhone.

Please comment and help me out.

Thanks.

RE: Stop Smoking Forever ! - Shannon - 02-27-2014

How often are you consciously monitoring your progress with the program?

RE: Stop Smoking Forever ! - FREAK4LIFE - 02-27-2014

(02-27-2014, 03:10 PM)Shannon Wrote: How often are you consciously monitoring your progress with the program?

Quite often actually! I am always thinking about the number of cigarettes smoked.

a bunch of things from my past keep on coming up and lingering in my conscious after having woken up and having listened to the sub during the night for 8 hours.

Listening during the day makes the smoking even worse, that is, adding on time to the 8 hours already listened to during the night.

i have seen changes in the form of: not giving a shit about other people in public, being happier, eye contact has become stronger as i am able to hold it longer than the other person in the majority of cases , some fears I didn't even know I had dissolving away such as checking out girls and making sure they know about it, speaking in public and not getting any shakiness, booming authoritative voice.

I took a break from the stop smoking sub yesterday and listened to some absolute self confidence instead. The trickling stream sounded different for absolute self confidence compared to the stop smoking sub.

Am I being resistant to the stop smoking sub? I had a strong inclination to drop that sub for Absolute self confidence as I felt a lot of issues will get solved if I listen to that subliminal instead.

Any insights are welcome?

Thank you.

RE: Stop Smoking Forever ! - Shannon - 03-01-2014

The issue you are having is this. You smoke out of fear. That's pretty common, and it means that what you're doing is attempting to defeat the subliminal by paying close conscious attention, instead of letting it do it's thing and forgetting about it.

You see results happening, lowered cigarette consumption, and then you consciously smoke more to override the instructions the sub is giving you, and your subconscious is trying to follow. You're doing this because something about quitting scares you, so you can't just let go and let the program do it's thing; you have to constantly interfere so it's a battle instead.

Listening during the day "makes smoking even worse" because your conscious mind is responding to your fears. When the subconscious seeks to follow the directions, the conscious reacts to this fear and overrides the instructions, making the response one of running away from what the program is instructing you to do. In other words, you're smoking more out of fear when you use it during the day because when your subconscious attempts to follow the directions, it scares you.

I think you have both conscious and subconscious fears about quitting, and you're resisting the program for those reasons. Based on how you're resisting, I would say your fears are based in a need for control which you believe will be lost if you stop smoking.

Furthermore, you're now talking yourself into stopping the program to use something else. This is also a form of resistance. It leads to no more instructions from the subliminal. Did you read the instructions? I did. And I don't recall anywhere in the instructions that it tells you to stop using the program in favor of something else.

So, to make the program work for you, you need to do the following.

1. Use it according to the directions. Don't stop or use something else.
  2. Let go of your fears and just live your life. You don't have to be consciously aware of the program, or how much you smoke. Just live your life and let the program do what it's designed to do.

Anyone can consciously override a subliminal's influence if they want to badly enough. I could intentionally stay in bed all day every day instead of working on my business, for instance, if I wanted to defeat BAMM. Ben could refuse to exercise, and gorge himself if he wanted to defeat Weight Loss. One could force themselves to ask permission for everything they want to do to defeat AM6.

If you want the results, you have to stop fighting the program and let it do what it's trying to do. It will still work if you don't, but it may take 4-5 times longer, as Patti found out the hard way.

Set it and forget it. Live your life. Smoking does not give you control, it takes away your control. It makes you a slave to the monkey on your back, and that's not control. I, as a non-smoker, am free of the slavery you subject yourself to by smoking. If we were to sit next to each other, I could relax, but you would always have it on your mind to be thinking about your next cigarette. Where is it? When will I smoke it? Do I have enough to last me for the rest of the day? And yet all you're doing with each cigarette is trying to get back to that state that you had naturally before you started smoking. The same state every non-smoker has 100% of the time!

Let me ask you this. How often do you wake up at night because you need to smoke? Smokers can go 8+ hours without a cigarette while they sleep, no sweat, without waking up, cravings, withdrawal, or anything else. Why is that? And yet once you wake up, boom, gotta have that cigarette! Why?

Smoking is perpetuated by misunderstandings, false beliefs and the fear they generate vastly more than the actual nicotine. If it was actually the nicotine causing the cravings, you'd stop wanting a cigarette after the nicotine was out of your system. From the last dose of nicotine, it takes about 14 days for your body to use up and flush out all the nicotine. Yet smokers often have cravings months and years later. It's not the nicotine causing that! It's your subconscious programming.

SSF 7.0 has programming to get you to let go of your fears. This takes time, which is part of why the program is a six month program, and part of why it used to be a six stage set. But if you keep using it, eventually even that will be overcome.

Why are you so vigilant to make sure you smoke enough cigarettes every day to stay a smoker? Why are you trying to sneak off and use other programs? Because your subconscious knows that if you keep feeding it these instructions, eventually, it will succumb to them and carry them out. It will do what you told it to do, once enough repetitions have been accumulated. And that is triggering the fear, which as I said, appears in your case to be a fear of losing some sort of control. But the truth is, by quitting, you don't lose any control - you actually gain it! Slaves don't have control. Smokers are to some degree slaves to their addiction, but moreso, they are slaves to their faulty thinking and beliefs that create the fears that cause them to keep smoking.

The thing that every person who has used this program to quit smoking, who has done so without effort, has in common is that they:

1. Followed the directions, and
2. They set it and forget it.

Why do you want to smoke so much? Just what exactly are you afraid of? Why can't you just set it and forget it?

RE: Stop Smoking Forever ! - FREAK4LIFE - 03-01-2014

(03-01-2014, 10:09 AM)Shannon Wrote: The issue you are having is this. You smoke out of fear. That's pretty common, and it means that what you're doing is attempting to defeat the subliminal by paying close conscious attention, instead of letting it do it's thing and forgetting about it.

You see results happening, lowered cigarette consumption, and then you consciously smoke more to override the instructions the sub is giving you, and your subconscious is trying to follow. You're doing this because something about quitting scares you, so you can't just let go and let the program do it's thing; you have to constantly interfere so it's a battle instead.

Listening during the day "makes smoking even worse" because your conscious mind is responding to your fears. When the subconscious seeks to follow the directions, the conscious reacts to this fear and overrides the instructions, making the response one of running away from what the program is instructing you to do. In other words, you're smoking more out of fear when you use it during the day because when your subconscious attempts to follow the directions, it scares you.

I think you have both conscious and subconscious fears about quitting, and you're resisting the program for those reasons. Based on how you're resisting, I would say your fears are based in a need for control which you believe will be lost if you stop smoking.

Furthermore, you're now talking yourself into stopping the program to use something else. This is also a form of resistance. It leads to no more instructions from the subliminal. Did you read the instructions? I did. And I don't recall anywhere in the instructions that it tells you to stop using the program in favor of something else.

So, to make the program work for you, you need to do the following.

1. Use it according to the directions. Don't stop or use something else.
  2. Let go of your fears and just live your life. You don't have to be consciously aware of the program, or how much you smoke. Just live your life and let the program do what it's designed to do.

Anyone can consciously override a subliminal's influence if they want to badly enough. I could intentionally stay in bed all day every day instead of working on my business, for instance, if I wanted to defeat BAMM. Ben could refuse to exercise, and gorge himself if he wanted to defeat Weight Loss. One could force themselves to ask permission for everything they want to do to defeat AM6.

If you want the results, you have to stop fighting the program and let it do what it's trying to do. It will still work if you don't, but it may take 4-5 times longer, as Patti found out the hard way.

Set it and forget it. Live your life. Smoking does not give you control, it takes away your control. It makes you a slave to the monkey on your back, and that's not control. I, as a non-smoker, am free of the slavery you subject yourself to by smoking. If we were to sit next to each other, I could relax, but you would always have it on your mind to be thinking about your next cigarette. Where is it? When will I smoke it? Do I have enough to last me for the rest of the day? And yet all you're doing with each cigarette is trying to get back to that state that you had naturally before you started smoking. The same state every non-smoker has 100% of the time!

Let me ask you this. How often do you wake up at night because you need to smoke? Smokers can go 8+ hours without a cigarette while they sleep, no sweat, without waking up, cravings, withdrawal, or anything else. Why is that? And yet once you wake up, boom, gotta have that cigarette! Why?

Smoking is perpetuated by misunderstandings, false beliefs and the fear they generate vastly more than the actual nicotine. If it was actually the nicotine causing the cravings, you'd stop wanting a cigarette after the nicotine was out of your system. From the last dose of nicotine, it takes about 14 days for your body to use up and flush out all the nicotine. Yet smokers often have cravings months and years later. It's not the nicotine causing that! It's your subconscious programming.

SSF 7.0 has programming to get you to let go of your fears. This takes time, which is part of why the program is a six month program, and part of why it used to be a six stage set. But if you keep using it, eventually even that will be overcome.

Why are you so vigilant to make sure you smoke enough cigarettes every day to stay a smoker? Why are you trying to sneak off and use other programs? Because your subconscious knows that if you keep feeding it these instructions, eventually, it will succumb to them and carry them out. It will do what you told it to do, once enough repetitions have been accumulated. And that is triggering the fear, which as I said, appears in your case to be a fear of losing some sort of control. But the truth is, by quitting, you don't lose any control - you actually gain it! Slaves don't have control. Smokers are to some degree slaves to their addiction, but moreso, they are slaves to their faulty thinking and beliefs that create the fears that cause them to keep smoking.

The thing that every person who has used this program to quit smoking, who has done so without effort, has in common is that they:

1. Followed the directions, and
2. They set it and forget it.

Why do you want to smoke so much? Just what exactly are you afraid of? Why can't you just set it and forget it?

Thanks for the reply Shannon, had to read it multiple times to understand it and get it properly.

Your insights are bang on target!

Today I did 13 hours of stop smoking and my conscious mind is still fighting it but I will keep at it no matter what.

Thanks for the shove which was needed in my case. I have stopped absolute self confidence after that one night of listening and back to the stop smoking sub.

Will keep at it from now on for 6 months straight and get this insidious poison out of my life for good.

You answered quite a few of my queries in that post which I had been constantly thinking about.

Thanks.

RE: Stop Smoking Forever ! - Shannon - 03-03-2014

You are quite welcome. :-)

RE: Stop Smoking Forever ! - FREAK4LIFE - 07-25-2016

Hello Shannon,

I have been using the overcome tinnitus 5G sub for a 100 days and I have another 80 days to go.

I have stopped the sub for 3 days and my tinnitus has gone completely maybe 1-2% remains but it is hardly noticeable.

My conscious mind is telling me to stop the 5G sub and go for Improve your hearing 3G as it keeps telling me there seems to be physical damage done to my hearing for listening to the subs way too loud 2 years ago.

This is due to not finding the instructions to follow at the time as I couldn't be bothered to trawl through all the journals to find the correct volume to use at the time.

Now I am sticking with the lowest possible volume with the 5g overcome tinnitus sub and it has been effective due to the changes I have experienced and I am never going to go loud again.

The overcome tinnitus 5G has made a change in my hearing by making it go away completely but my mind keeps on telling me to go on the 3G improve your hearing sub to COMPLETELY heal my ears.

I don't know why that is the case.

Please let me know about your insights into my case as I want my hearing to go back to normal.

What are the differences between the scripts of the two subs besides being obviously 5G and 3G? Is the 3G script for improve your hearing incorporated into the 5G sub?

Should I wait for MIR to be ready and use that after I finish off the 80 days remaining on the 5G overcome tinnitus sub? or should I simply jump ship the to 3G sub of improve your hearing?

Thanks.

RE: Stop Smoking Forever ! - Shannon - 07-27-2016

Why would you not only double post this, but put it here in a stop smoking program request thread?

RE: Stop Smoking Forever ! - Greenduck - 07-28-2016

The question withstands - did you quit or not? Wink