Subliminal Talk
Dancing? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Frequently Asked Questions & Resources (FAQ) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Resources-FAQ)
+--- Thread: Dancing? (/Thread-Dancing)

Dancing? - AbiDrew85 - 09-14-2013

What do you folks think might help someone who has struggled to just let go and get out there and dance... Just let go and get out there and dance.

I don't want any sort of subliminal drug or fake alcohol and don't even try to say I should drink real alcoholic beverages cuz I don't like em and just no.

I need something that'll tell me it's OK to do this without drugging myself into it.

To be completely honest I'm not entirely sure what the core issue is for me with this... It could be anything and is most likely a large complicated mess of issues like so many things in my life.

I'm presently using LTU2, on stage 4, which I just started this morning. I'm also enhancing it with US3 4g.

I've used ASC, but only for about a month which definitely wasn't long enough, and OGSF which apparently I didn't use quite long enough either. I've also used ESE which again not sure I used long enough... Honestly LTU2+US3 is the first time I've actually totally stuck with a program completely... lol.

So... Any suggestions?

And yes... whatever I end up deciding will wait until LTU2 is completely finished, all remaining 3 stages, 4, 5, and 6.

What I'm CURRENTLY thinking is that I'll run OGSF again and enhance it with another program or run something completely unrelated alongside (like maybe finally use that arm hair experimental...)

Something I might enhance it with? I could just keep running US3 4g alongside any one additional program as long as it's not any type other than B... Or maybe Overcoming Anxiety OR Social Anxiety OR Fear of Failure?

Or something I've not thought of...

RE: Dancing? - Spiral - 09-17-2013

What kind of dancing are you interested in? Since I've been going to dance classes for the last month and a half maybe I can share some of my experiences with you.

As far as a program... I'd say do Seek the Challenge and OFSG. OR Let go of your Past and OFSG. THAT would be the ultimate combo IMHO

RE: Dancing? - AbiDrew85 - 09-17-2013

Sounds like Seek the Challenge and OGSF it is!

Not so sure why you'd suggest Let go of your past?

And just in general really. Like. Just going to a club and dancing casually. Or a party that involves dancing. Or a "dance" event. Basically just dancing in social situations at all.

But I have a difficult time even just convincing myself to even just practice in private either. Sooooo...

I'm not sure it's JUST a social phobia, though I'm sure they probably contribute. I definitely have a significant amount of that.

EDIT: Though Let go of your past MAY be a good idea anyways... maybe... not so sure though, it kinda seems to be there in LTU? I know I'm having a much easier time facing stuff from it and just saying "nope, not gunna affect me anymore!" lately.

RE: Dancing? - Spiral - 09-18-2013

Since you seem to have trouble dancing alone you should learn how to do that first. I suggested let go of your past because it sounds like you are still overcoming shame guilt and fear. And I don't want to say much more because there some things I'm unsure that you have discovered for yourself that's universal for us all and to tell you more would be robbing you of that self discovery. Take that first baby step and learn to enjoy dancing with yourself. If you have trouble and are seeking more clarity ASK YOURSELF WHY that is. Figure that out and from there you can make the necessary adjustments Smile

RE: Dancing? - Shannon - 09-19-2013

I have long thought that I should build a program to remove the inhibitions that prevent people from dancing. (Including me, most of the time. In fact I was going to make it for me, but BAMM took that spot.) Perhaps a specialized program will show up in the future.

In the meantime, probably the best thing to use is OGSF and if you paired it with STC, that certainly couldn't be bad.