Subliminal Talk
Hit a Wall - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Hit a Wall (/Thread-Hit-a-Wall)

Hit a Wall - Arrpee - 05-14-2013

Im hoping one of the knowledgable people on this forum can help me. Maybe somebody is going through what Im going through. As the title states, I've hit a wall. Halfway through stage two of AM 5.0 I lost my job, and entered into a depression that I've never been through before.
I thought that continuing the program might produce a more positive mindset, but I found that it made the depression worse. Not five days into stage three I've completely stopped, just hit a wall in all aspects of life.

Has anybody been through this?

RE: Hit a Wall - Roy - 05-14-2013

Don't stop in the middle of the program.Finish it,it's important to get everything balanced.AM uses imbalances and than bring it together in the end.

RE: Hit a Wall - xKaku - 05-14-2013

So, what will exactly happen if we stop during in the middle of stage, like this situation ?

RE: Hit a Wall - Shannon - 05-15-2013

If you believe that your depression may be in any way life threatening, that should always take priority. The program is pushing you to become more self sufficient, and losing your job is not going in that direction.

AM is designed to be used all the way through, and cutting off in the middle is not good. It's building stage by stage and when you stop in the middle it leaves things unfinished. The ONLY reason you should ever stop using it in the middle is if you believe there is a life threatening depressive response.

I have seen it happen that someone who is living with their parents will become depressed because the program is pushing them to be self sufficient and they are afraid to move out, and being caught between the two makes them feel hopeless. Losing one's job is hard for a man, because that is often deeply tied in with his sense of value as a man.

So if you can keep going. If you think it's making your depression life threatening, stop, regroup, feel better... but then you'll probably have to start over.

RE: Hit a Wall - Arrpee - 05-15-2013

Thanks, Shannon you hit the nail on the head. Living with my parents is the main source of my depression. I want to finish this if I can come out the other side a better man. Should I start stage three over?

RE: Hit a Wall - Ryan - 05-16-2013

I lost my job in like stage 3 of AM 5, mostly because, in my opinion, it was pushing me to become more indifferent towards it because I absolutely hated it. Though, I don't get out much anymore because I am extremely broke lol, I have been doing things around the house (yard work, helping build a deck and cleaning things) plus I started my blog that keeps me busy like 12 hours a day trying to promote. It makes me feel like it is a full-time job and I love that, it's wonderful for my mindset of turning this into reality. I'm trying to get on unemployment so I can spend more time focusing on this and get it growing quickly to start my own online business (with the help of BASE). But I did Alpha Male before and this time around I was extremely happy to be unemployed. Sounds kinda weird right? But I feel more like the guy from Office Space and nothing really bothers me. I did have further moments of depression and down moods through Alpha Male because of the job situation, but here in stage 6, it's mostly all gone.

RE: Hit a Wall - Arrpee - 05-16-2013

That's exactly what happened to me Ryan. I was in an apprenticeship program and everyone was too busy to teach me. I became more and more indifferent until finally they let me go. Its been about three weeks since I stopped, and Im ready to start again. I just dont know if I should start over or just stage three

RE: Hit a Wall - Shannon - 05-20-2013

Start over.

RE: Hit a Wall - Arrpee - 05-21-2013

Ok, thanks Shannon. Will do.