Subliminal Talk
Alpha Male 5.0 starting now... - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Alpha Male 5.0 starting now... (/Thread-Alpha-Male-5-0-starting-now)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Alpha Male 5.0 starting now... - Naray - 03-16-2013

I need some input on this:

I exported the mp3 into wav file...but it is now 800 mb or so. Now I have a cd player with upto 48khz output. So now does it mean I will be unable to listen to the subs on the cd player, since a cd can hold only 700mb, there is no usb port for it, and it simply wont play the mp3 only files?

Now If listening on the pc is the only option, I can listen only during the day, power cuts and all that bs. So if I keep the subs running, say on audacity or a media player and also listen to a video/audio file on a different media player at the same time, will the max output be exceeded, I mean is that possible? Also is there any way to listen to the subs on speakers only, and listen to the other media file on the headphones attached to the pc, I tried googling, but did not quite get the search term right. Thanks..

RE: Alpha Male 5.0 starting now... - Shannon - 03-16-2013

Quote:I need some input on this:

I exported the mp3 into wav file...but it is now 800 mb or so. Now I have a cd player with upto 48khz output. So now does it mean I will be unable to listen to the subs on the cd player, since a cd can hold only 700mb, there is no usb port for it, and it simply wont play the mp3 only files?

I'm pretty sure you're misunderstanding the 48 kHz. 48kHz is the step up from 44.1 (CD quality) in terms of audio resolution, and is usually used for DVD recordings. It's the sample rate. That is, how many times per second is the information as to what this should sound like being fed to the player? CD quality does it, 44,100 times a second. DVD quality does it 48,000 times a second. You couldn't hear anything above about 23-24 kHz regardless, so there's no way you would have a player hat was built to reproduce such sounds, as it would needlessly make the engineering, production and components used much more expensive.

As for the size of the file... you have the following options:

1. Leave it as an mp3 and get a player that can directly play an mp3 from a CD.
  2. Leave it as an mp3 and play it from a computer or tablet.
  3. Record your .wav file to a DVD (i.e. make a DVD audio disc).
  4. Encode your .wav file using FLAC if your CD player can read FLAC. (If yours can't read mp3 directly, it's very unlikely to be able to read FLAC.

Quote:Now If listening on the pc is the only option, I can listen only during the day, power cuts and all that bs. So if I keep the subs running, say on audacity or a media player and also listen to a video/audio file on a different media player at the same time, will the max output be exceeded, I mean is that possible? Also is there any way to listen to the subs on speakers only, and listen to the other media file on the headphones attached to the pc, I tried googling, but did not quite get the search term right. Thanks..

I have recently discovered that VLC is a better option than Audacity, since Audacity has a bug in the looper that causes the audio to hang every 32,768 seconds (about 9 hours) and need to be restarted.

If you must run it from a computer, consider getting yourself an uninterruptible power supply (UPS). For about $40 you can get one that will keep your computer running for up to about 5 minutes during power outs.

If you play subliminals at the same time you play something else, you'll be amplifying those parts of the signal where the waves match peaks, and nullifying where they match troughs, so it will affect the volume. It usually acts to increase the volume in general, but it shouldn't be a problem unless you had the ultrasonic subliminal turned up too far to begin with, or you had the masked subliminal turned down too far.

To my knowledge there is no way to pipe one audio output to speakers and the other to headphones, but someone else can certainly correct me if I'm wrong.

RE: Alpha Male 5.0 starting now... - tinygargoyle - 03-16-2013

Yer.... you can do it, but you need 2 sound cards to be able to do it properly. You also need 2 seperate media players, and set each to use a different sound card.
(I know there are ways other than cards for audio processing, I'm old school computer building)

RE: Alpha Male 5.0 starting now... - Naray - 03-16-2013

Ok I use this model 'Philips CD Soundmachine AZ5155 MP3 with Dynamic Bass Boost'

Ha ha, yeah I could have confused it, I tried going through the manuals, but the damn thing has nowhere got the frequency output...anyways I tried the test audio file, it was a success I think... the mp3 doesn't read, but the wav plays alright using a cd.
I tried asking but there is no way those guys fit a usb port on a vcd player, damn....I will have to buy a new set of speakers....any recommendation? Plz keep it a bit down on the price. I hate listening on my pc, yes I have a UPS...but it supports around 20 minutes while the cuts last sometimes for hours, I had to wake up to a turned off pc.

As to what tinygargoyle recommends, I found this External usb soundcard...
http://dx.com/p/usb-virtual-7-1-channel-external-sound-card-adapter-59077

but its simply better I go get a new set of speakers with a usb port....

Thanks for the detailed reply, I use KM Player right now, it is by far the best I have came across

RE: Alpha Male 5.0 starting now... - SargeMaximus - 03-17-2013

You know, we really need a "Recommended Speakers" topic. One that has all the speakers you could get that WILL (as in, they've been tested) do the job for subs, no matter the price. That way, if anyone has had results and use different speakers that are on the list, they can add to it.

RE: Alpha Male 5.0 starting now... - Naray - 03-17-2013

(03-17-2013, 05:17 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote: You know, we really need a "Recommended Speakers" topic. One that has all the speakers you could get that WILL (as in, they've been tested) do the job for subs, no matter the price. That way, if anyone has had results and use different speakers that are on the list, they can add to it.
Done here : http://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-Recommended-Speakers

RE: Alpha Male 5.0 starting now... - SargeMaximus - 03-17-2013

(03-17-2013, 11:44 AM)Naray Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 05:17 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote: You know, we really need a "Recommended Speakers" topic. One that has all the speakers you could get that WILL (as in, they've been tested) do the job for subs, no matter the price. That way, if anyone has had results and use different speakers that are on the list, they can add to it.

No recommended speakers in it tho. Sad
What speakers do you use Shannon?

RE: Alpha Male 5.0 starting now... - Shannon - 03-17-2013

I use the speakers on my Lenovo W520 laptop workstation computer. The best audio I could get for it.

RE: Alpha Male 5.0 starting now... - Naray - 03-17-2013

(03-17-2013, 11:55 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 11:44 AM)Naray Wrote:

No recommended speakers in it tho. Sad
What speakers do you use Shannon?
It will fill when people start writing....I want a portable set, with a usb port attached, any recommendations?

RE: Alpha Male 5.0 starting now... - SargeMaximus - 03-18-2013

No idea. Mine are quite bulky and use the headphone jack.