Subliminal Talk
Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame (/Thread-Overcome-Fear-Guilt-and-Shame)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - mat422 - 04-23-2013

So the jobs going ok. I picked it up fairly quickly, but I'm still a bit of a floater when it comes to the tasks they give me. I don't exactly have one job, but several different ones so far. No idea where they are gonna put me for good, I think they are testing out different areas to see which one I'm better at.

Now that I've got some money I was thinking about finally purchasing AM 5.0. It seemed like only yesterday I was contemplating when I'd finally get to use it. It's been a while.

Haven't gotten to the doctor yet. I'm still unsure what's mental vs what's physical. I was contemplating the possibility of gluten intolerance and if my diet needs to be reworked.

I think it's tough for me because I've been through so much self help stuff through the years. I still feel guilty when I find myself depressed. Especially when the common belief is that most depressed people are holding onto depression. But I don't think I am. I think I've just dealt with it for so long and tried so many things I just lost that initial burst of positivity. It's not that I'm negative about it, I know I can change and get better. But attacking it from a realistic angle doesn't set me up for failure from setting the bar so high. I've decided it's less about focusing on being happy or trying to and more about removing the blocks from attaining that happiness.

So even though I feel like nothing could ever change and I'll always be this way, I also recognize that it's not the truth and my mind is just heavily distorted towards the negative. As long as I can remember that I'll keep striving for something.

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - Sean - 04-23-2013

Mat, do keep remembering that emotions are treacherous indicators.

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - mat422 - 04-29-2013

I'll be moving on to alpha 5.0 tonight, so I figured I'd sum up my experience with this sub.

For me, it was slow. I blame my fear of letting go of fear. So it had to be chipped away little by little until I was ready. But there is no doubt in my mind that the fear has been minimized. The past month I've been able to find a job and I've even got a potential internship coming up so things are looking up. Prior to this I couldn't even look for jobs online without being filled with fear and anxiety. I think the biggest result was moving past the negative internal dialogue that always told me I shouldn't do something or I couldn't. I was able to push past those fears.

I also definitely shed a lot of guilt and shame feelings. I learned to express myself better and not hold it against myself when I had my bad days. Not a lot of outwardly manifested stuff, but it just feels like I let go of a huge burden that I had been carrying for no real reason. I think I learned to not be so hard on myself. And I told myself that in the past, but no matter how many times I said it I'd always revert to my old ways. This sub helped break that cycle.

Overall I was doubtful of the effects when I first started this sub. But the more I used it the more it really helped me grow. It seems like I did it all on my own and pushed myself. But I recognize that had it not been for this sub I would have been stuck in my self defeating ways.

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - Patti - 05-13-2013

Mat, I was wondering if you took a break between programs or not? (I thought I asked you already but can't find where I did that. Sorry if it's a repeat.)

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - mat422 - 05-16-2013

(05-13-2013, 12:03 PM)Patti Wrote: Mat, I was wondering if you took a break between programs or not? (I thought I asked you already but can't find where I did that. Sorry if it's a repeat.)

Sometimes I'll take a week or two if I really feel like it. But most the time I just move from one program to the next without a break. I'm always trying to keep on top of everything.

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - reno3371 - 07-29-2013

(04-01-2013, 03:54 AM)IronSmooth Wrote:
(03-31-2013, 06:45 PM)mat422 Wrote: Hey, thanks for the compliment.

It's not exactly approach anxiety. It's more like generalized social anxiety. I've pretty much got anxiety interacting with people in general. If I'm being completely honest I'd say my anxiety is about 7/10. I've come a long way, but it still bothers me a lot. The problem is it's one of those things that I grew up with and I'm sure a lot of others did too. It's hard to get perspective on because it's all I've known. But Shannon's subliminals have been helping out a lot. Mostly just helping me push past the anxiety even if I can't rid myself of it completely at the moment.

I've never been too focused on aesthetics. I'm 6 foot and 160lbs, I've got a decent build, nothing to brag about though. I used to be obsessed with packing on more muscle, but lately I just focus on strength and whatever gains come with that I'm good with. But yeah I completely agree with you that girls appreciate a good physique. Looking good can boost your confidence quite a bit. But keep in mind some girls like chubbier guys, skinnier guys, shorter guys, etc. Girls are just as diverse in their taste as men.

Congrats on the success with the ASC sub. That subliminal is incredibly powerful. I'm glad things are working out for you. My favorite part of these subliminals is when you are smooth or confident without even trying. Best feeling in the world. You sound like you know what you're doing, keep it up!

Thanks brother, I did my homework on body language Confusedleepy:
If you havent already, you should, since human communication consists of 93 percent body language and paralinguistic cues and only around 7 with words. Some say its 60-70 not 93 but still most of it.

I guess i just like them fit girls.
And most of them at the gym love muscle so basically im doing what i love most and attracting my kind of girls, win win lol

Have you done Asc or any confidence subs? Sorry if you did AM maybe or something, its just ive been reading every single log for fun and i forget who did what sub lol.
If you did do AM or any other confidence sub, did they help your anxiety?

Im going to do Overcome Approach Anxiety sub after asc.
Shannon pointed me to that direction because one of my weakest points is i dont know how to banter for too long, never found it to be enjoyable or useful, but it is useful for building rapport and the sub should help.
Ever thought of trying that one out? The script is HUGE, it should make you enjoy talking and starting conversations easy, Shannon even added the whole OFGS album to it Smile

Oh man, I wish I knew that the OFGS script was included in the OAA sub as I just purchased OFGS and also suffer from bad approach anxiety. Oh well, you live and learn. Should have done my research lol