Subliminal Talk
Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame (/Thread-Overcome-Fear-Guilt-and-Shame)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - mat422 - 03-28-2013

Gah I hate when I have those deep insightful reflections about myself and get ahead of myself. I've been doing that all my life it seems, brilliant epiphany, followed by an inability to fully actualize it. I guess I'm still held down by some problems. Regardless, I always get something out of those epiphanies so I'm grateful for that.

Woke up today with a lot of tension and agitated feeling in my chest. I knew what this was immediately. It was just me trying too hard to suppress the negative emotions inside me and power through them. Admirable, but in the end not the best strategy. So I let go and did some deep breathing. I have to be mindful of pushing it too much and getting ahead of myself. I still haven't released these things completely and I don't think I can actually consciously force myself to let them go. I just have to take it one day at a time. I've gotten this far, so I'm obviously doing something right.

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - mat422 - 03-29-2013

Alright so, I've been diving into energy healing methods and whatnot. I was incredibly skeptical for a while of these things. But I realized two things that probably affected my opinion. One, it's still one of those things that we don't 100% know about so I shouldn't pretend to understand. Two, a lot of it is fear. Fear of not understanding how it works or being able to explain in logically. In a way it's like if you brought a cellphone to someone in the 1800s, they would be terrified, intrigued, and confused. Even if you explained everything to them they would look at you with disbelief.

So I know Shannon has touched on this subject before, but the idea that manifestations can be blocked by overwhelming beliefs. I think we have these abilities inside us naturally and beliefs make us blind to them. It's less about convincing yourself that they exist and more about awakening to a truth that wants to be covered up by the large majority of individuals.

All that being said, I don't deny the physical. But I'm trying to wrap my brain around how we have psychological blocks in our brains and how that affects our own energy. I've noticed from using the subliminal there are feelings in my body, like ripples or waves. There has to be some kind of energetic field which holds our beliefs in addition to our physical brain.

The issue I tend to see is both sides are at the extreme. Some scientists think we are nothing more than our physical, just a walking meat puppet controlled by our impulses learned over the years. Some more energetically oriented individuals take things too far and neglect that our physical bodies have limitations or think everything is a result of beliefs.

Well last night I had a strange experience. I felt a numbing tingling sensation where the third eye is supposed to be. I was going to sleep and I just had a feeling that I should go play some scratch off lottery the next day because I would win. I figured, what the hell one dollar we'll see what happens. So I didn't win the big bucks haha, but I won another free ticket. Technically I did win something. Coincidence? Maybe. Lately I don't believe much in coincidences. After all a coincidence would be being somewhere in the right place at the right time and it wouldn't surprise me if the subconscious guides you to those places without you even knowing.

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - IronSmooth - 03-29-2013

Hey Mat good to meet you finally. I enjoy reading your posts, you are very good at writing.

I wanted to ask you, you mentioned you are trying to get rid of approach anxiety and alot of people have been telling you its not possible to remove it completely. Well how much anxiety do you have? 10/10 being the most.

See, im average looking, 22 yo and 5'10 190 lb. average everything.
Before i started hitting the gym i had anxiety level 9/10, i mean the thought of going up to a girl was terrifying because i thought i have nothing to offer her and she would just be bored.
Well the gym has changed all that, decreased my anxiety to about 4/10, but there is still the fact that i dont know how to banter or small talk and that makes it higher again.

Its like this. Approaching a girl is still sketchy, but i can do it because once i am already talking to her im already comfortable, and that makes me ignore my anxiety. That would not be possible if i had no muscle though, as they love that sort of thing.
They will never admit it, but they are just as shallow as men lol.
They are just very good at hiding it, and their subtilty makes it hard to spot their admiration, but its there. Most women cant do anything about it, they just stare. Cant control themselves, its like they are programmed to find a built frame attractive. They will even deny it with every fiber of their being as not to come off as shallow, but those words mean nothing as you catch them staring numerous time like a fat kid looks at cake. lol
What im getting at is, have you ever thought about going aesthetic?
I dont know if you own a gym membership already or know what aesthetic means but if you dont just google "aesthetic crew" or something with aesthetic and fitness.

And another thing, im pretty sure you used confidence subs before but Asc 5g has helped me amazingly, its been only 16 days and i can talk to the most beautiful girls like ive known them for years already.
The 4 day on the sub, i walk in the gym feeling good, and a girl that has worked there before but havent seen her in a few weeks is at the front entrance counter where you sign in. As i walk in, smooth and calm, she says "And how are you?" with a huge smile, this girl has a very cute face and a body of a goddess. Before i realized what happened, as im typing in code for the fingerprint machine to go in, i make a "not bad' face and smoothly ask her where she went for the last couple weeks, this girl gets a bit nervous as i start chatting her up and shes telling me details about everything she did. I mean this kind of girl doesnt get nervous very often, and it was most definitely body language showing disinterest and to my James Bond vibe. Asc brought out what was hidden inside me in only a few days.
Girls stand near the entrance waiting for me for 20 min(pretending to actually be interested in talking with the front desk employees while following me out and basically following me right beside me)
IOIs the whole time, walking in front of me a number of times, when its easier and closer to walk another route, getting on the machine beside me, and in front of me time after time. I give them subtle smiles and looks but never engage the first few times i see them, i let them simmer for a few days or weeks as i love doing that, they eventually approach me so directly it sometimes surprises me.
Picture this, every guy staring at her nonstop while shes working out, but only a few guys me included dont stare like a bunch of dogs and just displaying high value by not staring at everyone all the time, just laid back and not caring about anyones presence or what anybody thinks.
They love that so much they can help but to come up and say hi.
Ahh Shannon is awesome isnt he lol

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - mat422 - 03-31-2013

Hey, thanks for the compliment.

It's not exactly approach anxiety. It's more like generalized social anxiety. I've pretty much got anxiety interacting with people in general. If I'm being completely honest I'd say my anxiety is about 7/10. I've come a long way, but it still bothers me a lot. The problem is it's one of those things that I grew up with and I'm sure a lot of others did too. It's hard to get perspective on because it's all I've known. But Shannon's subliminals have been helping out a lot. Mostly just helping me push past the anxiety even if I can't rid myself of it completely at the moment.

I've never been too focused on aesthetics. I'm 6 foot and 160lbs, I've got a decent build, nothing to brag about though. I used to be obsessed with packing on more muscle, but lately I just focus on strength and whatever gains come with that I'm good with. But yeah I completely agree with you that girls appreciate a good physique. Looking good can boost your confidence quite a bit. But keep in mind some girls like chubbier guys, skinnier guys, shorter guys, etc. Girls are just as diverse in their taste as men.

Congrats on the success with the ASC sub. That subliminal is incredibly powerful. I'm glad things are working out for you. My favorite part of these subliminals is when you are smooth or confident without even trying. Best feeling in the world. You sound like you know what you're doing, keep it up!

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - IronSmooth - 04-01-2013

(03-31-2013, 06:45 PM)mat422 Wrote: Hey, thanks for the compliment.

It's not exactly approach anxiety. It's more like generalized social anxiety. I've pretty much got anxiety interacting with people in general. If I'm being completely honest I'd say my anxiety is about 7/10. I've come a long way, but it still bothers me a lot. The problem is it's one of those things that I grew up with and I'm sure a lot of others did too. It's hard to get perspective on because it's all I've known. But Shannon's subliminals have been helping out a lot. Mostly just helping me push past the anxiety even if I can't rid myself of it completely at the moment.

I've never been too focused on aesthetics. I'm 6 foot and 160lbs, I've got a decent build, nothing to brag about though. I used to be obsessed with packing on more muscle, but lately I just focus on strength and whatever gains come with that I'm good with. But yeah I completely agree with you that girls appreciate a good physique. Looking good can boost your confidence quite a bit. But keep in mind some girls like chubbier guys, skinnier guys, shorter guys, etc. Girls are just as diverse in their taste as men.

Congrats on the success with the ASC sub. That subliminal is incredibly powerful. I'm glad things are working out for you. My favorite part of these subliminals is when you are smooth or confident without even trying. Best feeling in the world. You sound like you know what you're doing, keep it up!

Thanks brother, I did my homework on body language Confusedleepy:
If you havent already, you should, since human communication consists of 93 percent body language and paralinguistic cues and only around 7 with words. Some say its 60-70 not 93 but still most of it.

I guess i just like them fit girls.
And most of them at the gym love muscle so basically im doing what i love most and attracting my kind of girls, win win lol

Have you done Asc or any confidence subs? Sorry if you did AM maybe or something, its just ive been reading every single log for fun and i forget who did what sub lol.
If you did do AM or any other confidence sub, did they help your anxiety?

Im going to do Overcome Approach Anxiety sub after asc.
Shannon pointed me to that direction because one of my weakest points is i dont know how to banter for too long, never found it to be enjoyable or useful, but it is useful for building rapport and the sub should help.
Ever thought of trying that one out? The script is HUGE, it should make you enjoy talking and starting conversations easy, Shannon even added the whole OFGS album to it Smile

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - Sean - 04-01-2013

(04-01-2013, 03:54 AM)IronSmooth Wrote: Thanks brother, I did my homework on body language Confusedleepy:
If you havent already, you should, since human communication consists of 93 percent body language and paralinguistic cues and only around 7 with words. Some say its 60-70 not 93 but still most of it.

IS, what do you recommend reading on this?

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - IronSmooth - 04-02-2013

(04-01-2013, 07:56 AM)Sean Wrote:
(04-01-2013, 03:54 AM)IronSmooth Wrote: Thanks brother, I did my homework on body language Confusedleepy:

IS, what do you recommend reading on this?

Im glad you asked Smile

This link will get you started, i am probably not allowed to post up any download links so i will PM them to you. If anyone wants the free links to the 4 books in the following link, just ask.

http://www.pick-up-artist-forum.com/body-language-the-key-to-natural-game-vt71495.html

This site has alot of good information, but reading the books wont hurt either.

http://bodylanguageproject.com/the-only-book-on-body-language-that-everybody-needs-to-read/

http://www.bodylanguageproject.com/dictionary/

Read up my brothers and you will not regret it. Cool

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - mat422 - 04-03-2013

(04-01-2013, 03:54 AM)IronSmooth Wrote:
(03-31-2013, 06:45 PM)mat422 Wrote: Hey, thanks for the compliment.

Thanks brother, I did my homework on body language Confusedleepy:

I guess i just like them fit girls.
And most of them at the gym love muscle so basically im doing what i love most and attracting my kind of girls, win win lol

Have you done Asc or any confidence subs? Sorry if you did AM maybe or something, its just ive been reading every single log for fun and i forget who did what sub lol.
If you did do AM or any other confidence sub, did they help your anxiety?

Im going to do Overcome Approach Anxiety sub after asc.
Shannon pointed me to that direction because one of my weakest points is i dont know how to banter for too long, never found it to be enjoyable or useful, but it is useful for building rapport and the sub should help.
Ever thought of trying that one out? The script is HUGE, it should make you enjoy talking and starting conversations easy, Shannon even added the whole OFGS album to it Smile

Yeah body language is pretty important for understanding cues. But I used to study that stuff, it just got me caught up in my head more. Here's my theory anyway. All those body language studying tips are valuable, but they miss the point. Body language is usually the result of subconscious thoughts or feelings, that means that these things will also register in your own subconscious mind when you see them from someone else. An example would be walking by a shady character, maybe you feel uneasy but you can't put your finger on why. That's just your subconscious reading him and giving you feedback on a deeper level. I think guys actually need to be less in their heads and more in tune with their gut feelings when it comes to interactions. But that could be because I'm more of a "feeler". Whereas some guys may be more visual. It's all about understanding how you operate and going from there. I think doubt is something that can screw with that intuitive feeling. To me a natural with women is someone that trusts their impulses and has the confidence to take action on them. But I always just say use what works for you, everyone is different.

Definitely a win win. But remember that looks are only so much. You may think these are your types of girls, but they could be hiding something underneath that beautiful exterior. Of course you probably know all about that.

I'll list what subs I've done. I've done disconnect from negativity within 3G, remove negativity within 4G, ASC 4G, ASC 5G, Alpha male 2011 twice, Overcome fear for about 2 months, and now I'm listening to overcome guilt shame and fear which has been about 3 months? I think, not too sure. All of these things combined have helped me grow as a person, not just the anxiety. But yeah, the anxiety was helped a lot from these subs. I think some people who use these subs see them as a bonus or addition to their life. I can honestly say I needed them. Without any of these I really don't know where I would be. Despite still feeling like I'm dealing with these problems, it's a lot better than how I used to be. It's slow and gradual change, but it's there. I don't want to say that I'm different than everyone else, but I've got a lot of stuff that needs to be worked out.

Never really considered the approach anxiety sub. Seems interesting, but women are the furthest thing from my mind right now haha. I'll keep it in my mind.

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - IronSmooth - 04-03-2013

(03-31-2013, 06:45 PM)mat422 Wrote: Yeah body language is pretty important for understanding cues. But I used to study that stuff, it just got me caught up in my head more. Here's my theory anyway. All those body language studying tips are valuable, but they miss the point. Body language is usually the result of subconscious thoughts or feelings, that means that these things will also register in your own subconscious mind when you see them from someone else. An example would be walking by a shady character, maybe you feel uneasy but you can't put your finger on why. That's just your subconscious reading him and giving you feedback on a deeper level. I think guys actually need to be less in their heads and more in tune with their gut feelings when it comes to interactions. But that could be because I'm more of a "feeler". Whereas some guys may be more visual. It's all about understanding how you operate and going from there. I think doubt is something that can screw with that intuitive feeling. To me a natural with women is someone that trusts their impulses and has the confidence to take action on them. But I always just say use what works for you, everyone is different.

Definitely a win win. But remember that looks are only so much. You may think these are your types of girls, but they could be hiding something underneath that beautiful exterior. Of course you probably know all about that.

I'll list what subs I've done. I've done disconnect from negativity within 3G, remove negativity within 4G, ASC 4G, ASC 5G, Alpha male 2011 twice, Overcome fear for about 2 months, and now I'm listening to overcome guilt shame and fear which has been about 3 months? I think, not too sure. All of these things combined have helped me grow as a person, not just the anxiety. But yeah, the anxiety was helped a lot from these subs. I think some people who use these subs see them as a bonus or addition to their life. I can honestly say I needed them. Without any of these I really don't know where I would be. Despite still feeling like I'm dealing with these problems, it's a lot better than how I used to be. It's slow and gradual change, but it's there. I don't want to say that I'm different than everyone else, but I've got a lot of stuff that needs to be worked out.

Never really considered the approach anxiety sub. Seems interesting, but women are the furthest thing from my mind right now haha. I'll keep it in my mind.

You got a point of course, if you're focused on just life there would be no reason to use alpha male body language around people. No one to impress anyway lol.
But its like this, at first you study the body language, then you apply it one by one, and eventually you do it subconsciously and you need not worry about it. At first it will be tough, but it gets easier.
But like you said, if you're not trying to impress the ladies then theres no need. I still have to get use to the fact that not everyone on this site is after the girls lol.
See naturals have the ability to get girls easier. The rest of us have to learn those techniques from them. There are alpha male naturals and there are normal naturals. The Naturals shine during conversation and the approach. The Alpha Male naturals are different, they have this magnetism that draws everyone to them, not just girls. They look like they own the place when they are walking by, or even sitting at the bar. And THAT is exactly what is good to teach yourself, the ability to look like you are better than anyone there, without looking like you are trying. Movie star status, famous person status, someone important status, while being just you. Cant get much better than that Cool

Looks like you did do some subs haha. I see your point, and im glad they helped you. You're right about the bonus thing, but the confidence sub, this sub that im on right now, if i didnt discover this sub and use it, i would still be the person who felt very uneasy to talk to anyone, even family. There was this deep feeling of unrest every time i talked to anyone. Made me just want to stay at home and not go out, and if i did i hated talking to people, even friends, but i had to do it and make it seem enjoyable because no one likes a quiet person. I can happily say now that the feeling of unrest during conversation is completely gone, 21 days into Asc! I still dont WANT to talk to people all the time, but there have definitely been occasions where i actually wanted to talk to the same person again after we just finished conversation. And thats a big step for me. In the end i want to love talking to people, that would help at work, at home, and the bonus is it would help with the ladies.
Hopefully the Anxiety sub will help some more. But for now i continue with Asc to make it permanent.
What are you doing overcome fear for exactly? Hows that been going for the past few days?

What is your goal in life right now bro?

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - mat422 - 04-03-2013

(04-03-2013, 02:26 PM)IronSmooth Wrote:
(03-31-2013, 06:45 PM)mat422 Wrote: Yeah body language is pretty important for understanding cues. But I used to study that stuff, it just got me caught up in my head more. Here's my theory anyway. All those body language studying tips are valuable, but they miss the point. Body language is usually the result of subconscious thoughts or feelings, that means that these things will also register in your own subconscious mind when you see them from someone else. An example would be walking by a shady character, maybe you feel uneasy but you can't put your finger on why. That's just your subconscious reading him and giving you feedback on a deeper level. I think guys actually need to be less in their heads and more in tune with their gut feelings when it comes to interactions. But that could be because I'm more of a "feeler". Whereas some guys may be more visual. It's all about understanding how you operate and going from there. I think doubt is something that can screw with that intuitive feeling. To me a natural with women is someone that trusts their impulses and has the confidence to take action on them. But I always just say use what works for you, everyone is different.

You got a point of course, if you're focused on just life there would be no reason to use alpha male body language around people. No one to impress anyway lol.
But its like this, at first you study the body language, then you apply it one by one, and eventually you do it subconsciously and you need not worry about it. At first it will be tough, but it gets easier.
But like you said, if you're not trying to impress the ladies then theres no need. I still have to get use to the fact that not everyone on this site is after the girls lol.
See naturals have the ability to get girls easier. The rest of us have to learn those techniques from them. There are alpha male naturals and there are normal naturals. The Naturals shine during conversation and the approach. The Alpha Male naturals are different, they have this magnetism that draws everyone to them, not just girls. They look like they own the place when they are walking by, or even sitting at the bar. And THAT is exactly what is good to teach yourself, the ability to look like you are better than anyone there, without looking like you are trying. Movie star status, famous person status, someone important status, while being just you. Cant get much better than that Cool

Looks like you did do some subs haha. I see your point, and im glad they helped you. You're right about the bonus thing, but the confidence sub, this sub that im on right now, if i didnt discover this sub and use it, i would still be the person who felt very uneasy to talk to anyone, even family. There was this deep feeling of unrest every time i talked to anyone. Made me just want to stay at home and not go out, and if i did i hated talking to people, even friends, but i had to do it and make it seem enjoyable because no one likes a quiet person. I can happily say now that the feeling of unrest during conversation is completely gone, 21 days into Asc! I still dont WANT to talk to people all the time, but there have definitely been occasions where i actually wanted to talk to the same person again after we just finished conversation. And thats a big step for me. In the end i want to love talking to people, that would help at work, at home, and the bonus is it would help with the ladies.
Hopefully the Anxiety sub will help some more. But for now i continue with Asc to make it permanent.
What are you doing overcome fear for exactly? Hows that been going for the past few days?

What is your goal in life right now bro?

Don't get me wrong I'd like some women in my life. But as of right now I feel like it would be more of a distraction. I'm trying to really build myself up more and get my life sorted out.

If you haven't run through alpha yet you'll pretty much give off that magnetic vibe. There's definitely a huge difference between learning about how an alpha male behaves and looks vs being that alpha male and doing it all automatically. It's actually been a while since I ran alpha male, but when I felt that, it's really empowering to know on a subconscious level.

Wow, you made some huge improvements with that sub. I'm kind of jealous haha. I don't know if you've heard Shannon talk about resistance and stuff, but I tend to be highly resistant to subliminals, so change comes a bit slower for me. But man, 21 days and you feel that good is great.

I'm using the overcome fear sub to just overcome fear I guess haha. It's like an invisible barrier that keeps me in place. For some reason pushing past my boundaries or comfort zone never resulted in changes for me. Sometimes it even made things worse. So I'm trying to destroy that fear inside of me so I can actually live my life. It's definitely been rough with this sub, but I feel like I'm moving away from the fear more and more.

My career aspirations are on hold. I'm just trying to find any sort of job to support myself and move on from there. I'm a bit of a wandering soul, not really knowing where to go in life and just searching for some answers. I've just had a lot on my mind so it's been overwhelming and I feel like some of my judgement has been clouded. I guess my goal is more self growth because from there I find that a lot more paths open up in my own life that I couldn't see before. Sorry for the vague answer haha, but I'm not exactly sure of my path in life.

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - IronSmooth - 04-04-2013

(03-31-2013, 06:45 PM)mat422 Wrote: Don't get me wrong I'd like some women in my life. But as of right now I feel like it would be more of a distraction. I'm trying to really build myself up more and get my life sorted out.

If you haven't run through alpha yet you'll pretty much give off that magnetic vibe. There's definitely a huge difference between learning about how an alpha male behaves and looks vs being that alpha male and doing it all automatically. It's actually been a while since I ran alpha male, but when I felt that, it's really empowering to know on a subconscious level.

Wow, you made some huge improvements with that sub. I'm kind of jealous haha. I don't know if you've heard Shannon talk about resistance and stuff, but I tend to be highly resistant to subliminals, so change comes a bit slower for me. But man, 21 days and you feel that good is great.

I'm using the overcome fear sub to just overcome fear I guess haha. It's like an invisible barrier that keeps me in place. For some reason pushing past my boundaries or comfort zone never resulted in changes for me. Sometimes it even made things worse. So I'm trying to destroy that fear inside of me so I can actually live my life. It's definitely been rough with this sub, but I feel like I'm moving away from the fear more and more.

My career aspirations are on hold. I'm just trying to find any sort of job to support myself and move on from there. I'm a bit of a wandering soul, not really knowing where to go in life and just searching for some answers. I've just had a lot on my mind so it's been overwhelming and I feel like some of my judgement has been clouded. I guess my goal is more self growth because from there I find that a lot more paths open up in my own life that I couldn't see before. Sorry for the vague answer haha, but I'm not exactly sure of my path in life.

I know exactly what you mean, relationship is a distraction until everything else is in order.
But i just recently thought about it, and if i start thinking like that, then im going to be ready for a relationship somewhere around 30 years old. Thats when the career will be in full swing and everything.
But thats just missing out on your youth, i changed my thinking because of that. I use to think like you think but i realized i dont want to miss out on dating 18-23 year olds you know? Every age has its pluses and i dont want to be 30 and only be able to date 25 year olds at the youngest, that would make me real sad. I want to have my share of every age.
In the end all you have is memories.
Dont you think it would be sad to miss out on girls your age, years down the road? Heartbreaking for me, that was an epiphany for me, i stopped thinking i would wait until everything is perfect and just live in the moment. The next day i went to the gym with that attitude, "i want a girl now", i met this pretty young thing because i noticed she was staring me down non stop,and that when things started to change, i made myself approachable and just met new girls, disregarding financial status. Before the epiphany i was single for 3 years because i though like that. Bro your life will never be perfect, work with what you have Shy
Of course run through OF a couple times first lol. Just in case.

I think of it like this, if you read up on Alpha Males and know how to be one EXACTLY, study it to the detail, then when you run the Alpha Male sub, your subconscious will know exactly what to change to the detail. If you kind of know what it means, the results wont be as pronounced. Same with confidence and everything else. I read up exactly what it means to be confident, not just what i know. It definitely helped.
Could be one of the reasons why i respond so well to Asc, i did have some resistance a week into it but it cleared at the end of week 2.
At one point about 10 days in, i had alot of negative thinking coming out, what was wrong with me exactly and how i have to change it, it was so bad all that had to happen is one person doing some gesture, and that would make me so unconfident for the rest of the day it was crazy.
The negative things that were brought up, helped me realize what i had to change exactly. Small talk had to be improved, etc.

Im giving this sub all i could, listening to 8-10 hours ultrasonic during sleep, and another 6-8 hours on headphones masked. Sometimes i listen to so much i feel like throwing up, so i rest a few hours lol, my brain is working its ass of these days haha i will keep pushing it. Up it to 16 hours if you can, it helps alot.

Yea pushing through boundaries is not my thing either, i cant do it that way. Unless i really have to.
Wow i didnt know it was like that. I have some fear of work, kind of fear where you wonder if you're gonna make it out there. Hard to go to work sometimes.
Would you say you are half way there to remove all fear? At this rate, how many months would you say that will take?

Did you ever want to get a degree in college? Im currently going but i have no clue which career path to take. I was going to be a pharmacist, but realized it was a boring job. Law school sucks. The fire academy has a HUGE line, thousands of people waiting for work. Hospitals are not my cup of tea. I would hate to spend my life there. Dont know what to do, i want to enjoy my job even if it doesnt pay much. So far i found nothing that would pay the bills and support a family while loving to go do that job. Life huh.Dodgy

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - mat422 - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 02:08 AM)IronSmooth Wrote:
(03-31-2013, 06:45 PM)mat422 Wrote: Don't get me wrong I'd like some women in my life. But as of right now I feel like it would be more of a distraction. I'm trying to really build myself up more and get my life sorted out.

I know exactly what you mean, relationship is a distraction until everything else is in order.
But i just recently thought about it, and if i start thinking like that, then im going to be ready for a relationship somewhere around 30 years old. Thats when the career will be in full swing and everything.
But thats just missing out on your youth, i changed my thinking because of that. I use to think like you think but i realized i dont want to miss out on dating 18-23 year olds you know? Every age has its pluses and i dont want to be 30 and only be able to date 25 year olds at the youngest, that would make me real sad. I want to have my share of every age.
In the end all you have is memories.
Dont you think it would be sad to miss out on girls your age, years down the road? Heartbreaking for me, that was an epiphany for me, i stopped thinking i would wait until everything is perfect and just live in the moment. The next day i went to the gym with that attitude, "i want a girl now", i met this pretty young thing because i noticed she was staring me down non stop,and that when things started to change, i made myself approachable and just met new girls, disregarding financial status. Before the epiphany i was single for 3 years because i though like that. Bro your life will never be perfect, work with what you have Shy
Of course run through OF a couple times first lol. Just in case.

I think of it like this, if you read up on Alpha Males and know how to be one EXACTLY, study it to the detail, then when you run the Alpha Male sub, your subconscious will know exactly what to change to the detail. If you kind of know what it means, the results wont be as pronounced. Same with confidence and everything else. I read up exactly what it means to be confident, not just what i know. It definitely helped.
Could be one of the reasons why i respond so well to Asc, i did have some resistance a week into it but it cleared at the end of week 2.
At one point about 10 days in, i had alot of negative thinking coming out, what was wrong with me exactly and how i have to change it, it was so bad all that had to happen is one person doing some gesture, and that would make me so unconfident for the rest of the day it was crazy.
The negative things that were brought up, helped me realize what i had to change exactly. Small talk had to be improved, etc.

Im giving this sub all i could, listening to 8-10 hours ultrasonic during sleep, and another 6-8 hours on headphones masked. Sometimes i listen to so much i feel like throwing up, so i rest a few hours lol, my brain is working its ass of these days haha i will keep pushing it. Up it to 16 hours if you can, it helps alot.

Yea pushing through boundaries is not my thing either, i cant do it that way. Unless i really have to.
Wow i didnt know it was like that. I have some fear of work, kind of fear where you wonder if you're gonna make it out there. Hard to go to work sometimes.
Would you say you are half way there to remove all fear? At this rate, how many months would you say that will take?

Did you ever want to get a degree in college? Im currently going but i have no clue which career path to take. I was going to be a pharmacist, but realized it was a boring job. Law school sucks. The fire academy has a HUGE line, thousands of people waiting for work. Hospitals are not my cup of tea. I would hate to spend my life there. Dont know what to do, i want to enjoy my job even if it doesnt pay much. So far i found nothing that would pay the bills and support a family while loving to go do that job. Life huh.Dodgy

Now that you put it that way, it does make me rethink a lot of stuff. I guess I'm just making excuses to avoid relationships. I am a bit of a perfectionist and I've been trying to change that thinking, but it's been tough. Then again being unemployed and not having much money makes it hard to get around where I live. And it's hard to enjoy life sometimes with that constant anxiety hanging over my head. I guess I'm just troubled emotionally and I don't feel like my head is in the right place so it gets hard to actually live in the moment.

I did my fair share of studying and I think you're right it doesn't hurt to know exactly what to expect. It kind of takes that fear of wondering how you will act after it's done. It's probably just me but I have a tendency to think about things too much at times so then I was constantly wondering what alpha behavior is and if I was doing it right. This was a couple years before I ran alpha though, so maybe that's why.

Wow that's a lot of exposure to the sub. I only listen at night, any more than that and I'm so worn out I might develop migraine headaches. If you can handle it more power to you.

I really can't tell if I'm half way there or not it's hard to tell. But I think the more the fear lessens the easier the sub will work. So I had to get past my initial fear block for even allowing these subs to work. I remember how much reluctance I had to even listening to one of the subliminals when I first stumbled upon them. So much fear about changing who I was or that it wasn't natural or it was wrong. Of course it was all just rationalizations by my mind to keep me in place. So I can't really know how long it will take, but so far it's been doing enough to allow me to actually function a lot better so I have more courage to push past the fear. Prior to this it was just this huge monster that beat the crap out of me every day.

I actually went to a community college and got an associates degree is computer security and forensics. But at the time I didn't know what I wanted and just picked something out of fear. I couldn't justify going to a 4 year college and racking up massive student debt. My anxiety and depression just caused too many problems in my life and I'd be even worse off spending all that money when I had no idea what I was doing.

I feel you on the career path thing. Ever since high school it's always been the question what do I want to do with my life or what do I enjoy? People who have got it figured out early are pretty lucky. I think a lot of the mental issues I deal with kind of just destroyed my enjoyment of life. I like making hip hop and electronic music, but it's hard to make a career out of that unless you are really good. If I got good or people liked my stuff I could always sell it online for secondary income, but there's no way I could support myself on that alone. Maybe I'll just do that and work a second job with computers or something.

I mean right now that is my passion, music and I know it always will be. But it's not one of those "follow your dreams" passions, to put all my faith into music would be a really really ignorant thing to do. At the same time people make this huge deal about finding your path in life or that one thing that fulfills you. Maybe it's true for some people and maybe others get that fulfillment from small fragments of different things. Everyone is different and I think the problem is we keep being shoved into these boxes. Some people fit, others don't. But it's such a brute force approach.

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - mat422 - 04-05-2013

Had a realization these past few days. Mostly to do with making music. In the past I went through something that wasn't really writers block. It was more like fear of actually making the music. I'd leave everything for a while and be too afraid to sit down and make something. I still kind of have that fear, but I think I'm slowly moving past it. Anyway I realized that I was too caught up in comparing myself to better producers or distressed that my sound wasn't good enough. But I was reading an interview with this guy and he said that it's not about the end product so much as the enjoyment you get out of creating music. Something clicked and I realized that I completely lost sight of doing my own thing and just enjoying the process of getting better. There's definitely a difference between focus on improvement vs being way too much of a perfectionist and being paralyzed by fear. I think this ties into my fear of criticism a little, which I also had an epiphany about.

I realized after all this that fear really is something worse than the actual outcome most of the time. It's this feeling that says to you "Don't do that, something bad will happen." I guess it would be ok if you were two stories up and thinking about jumping. But stuff like job interviews, talking with people, following dreams, etc. the fear just puts such a biased perspective on things. So it was this realization that it's not the actual situations that I avoid, it's really just that fear.

And as enlightening as that is, I recognize that I still do have that fear. But like making music, I can't compare myself to others and I just have to focus on making the best of things instead of being a perfectionist and saying I need to be more of this or that. It's not giving up or ending my self growth, it's realizing that I'm my own individual and I have to do what is right for me.

Even with these insightful thoughts I recognize that there will be some days where I completely forget about them or have my low days. And I think I'm ok with that now because I don't see those bad days as failing anymore. I just see it as something that I have to deal with, if they happen they happen. As much as I'd like to believe that I have complete control over my emotional state, I don't. I'm only human. But I'll never give up and I'll keep moving forward.

RE: Overcome Fear, Guilt, and Shame - mat422 - 04-05-2013

Another epiphany. I've always considered myself really sensitive. I think I am to some degree, but negative beliefs about myself greatly exaggerated it. I'm starting to realize once you have a healthy self view in place and stop worrying about what others think, criticism or rejection doesn't really matter. If anything it's not what they say, but how you interpret it after hearing it. So the only reason I had that fear of criticism so much is because it was a reminder of negative beliefs that I had in myself. It's easy to brush off negative things when you feel positive and like yourself, it's a lot harder when you feel like those negative things are true about you. Not fearless yet, but I can feel a shift in my perspective.