Subliminal Talk
Crazy Sale - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Frequently Asked Questions & Resources (FAQ) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Resources-FAQ)
+--- Thread: Crazy Sale (/Thread-Crazy-Sale)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Crazy Sale - Shannon - 08-02-2013

We offer Dwolla, PayPal, Google Checkout and Amazon Pay. What would you like us to offer?

RE: Crazy Sale - Breeze - 08-02-2013

I have a debit card and it is only functional for domestic payments, I tried like thousand times, and also, yes, there's nothing much you can do, I think I have to wait for week or two to arrange payment methods and until then the sale is over..Sad

RE: Crazy Sale - Shannon - 08-02-2013

We have this sale every August 1st-2nd, and every January 1st-2nd. Knowing that, you can make plans for the January sale. Smile

RE: Crazy Sale - Breeze - 08-02-2013

Amazing Big Grin January isn't too far.

RE: Crazy Sale - Ldm2015 - 08-02-2013

Missed the whole first day of the sale, because I didn't get paid until the 2nd, and now I can't buy anything Sad, is the site down? Or is my internet just messing with me!

RE: Crazy Sale - RoaringLion - 08-02-2013

The site was down for me too, even the forum.

RE: Crazy Sale - tinygargoyle - 08-02-2013

Got databasae errors a couple of times.
Tried at different times and was able to get some things.
The sale is currently STILL available on my views.

RE: Crazy Sale - Ldm2015 - 08-02-2013

Im having no luck at all, cannot access the stores website on any devices. but according to http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/subliminal-shop.com the site is active, so i have no idea what the problem is, everything else is working fine..

RE: Crazy Sale - Patti - 08-02-2013

I can't get on the shop website either. Too much volume maybe?

RE: Crazy Sale - Andrew - 08-02-2013

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately our website and forum going down intermittently is completely out of our control. Our world-class datacenter has a near 100% uptime but the one time in three years since we've been with them it's ever gone down happens to be our sale. Before they went down there were other problems as well because our LLCDN (Cloudflare- the service that makes your browsing extra fast) got a large scale attack affecting millions.

A hundred thousand+ other sites are all down as well. I'm infuriated that, even as a system administrator, there is nothing I can do except wait.

I apologize that our downtime makes us seem unprofessional, but we have spared no expense with the quality standards in our servers and I am completely shocked. There isn't even really a better standard we can move to.

Andrew

RE: Crazy Sale - TheGraduate - 08-02-2013

(08-02-2013, 10:50 AM)Andrew Wrote: Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately our website and forum going down intermittently is completely out of our control. Our world-class datacenter has a near 100% uptime but the one time in three years since we've been with them it's ever gone down happens to be our sale. Before they went down there were other problems as well because our LLCDN (Cloudflare- the service that makes your browsing extra fast) got a large scale attack affecting millions.

A hundred thousand+ other sites are all down as well. I'm infuriated that, even as a system administrator, there is nothing I can do except wait.

I apologize that our downtime makes us seem unprofessional, but we have spared no expense with the quality standards in our servers and I am completely shocked. There isn't even really a better standard we can move to.

Andrew

As far as I can see, the store's been down all day.

RE: Crazy Sale - AbiDrew85 - 08-02-2013

I understand the problem. Other sites I use frequently which use Cloudflare were also having serious cache problems. It seems Cloudflare is becoming a target awfully frequently, which sucks.

Do you think the problem at the datacenter is also a side-effect of an attack not necessarily aimed at you, but you're just stuck in the crossfire?

RE: Crazy Sale - Fonzy3 - 08-02-2013

Personally I think it turned out well because I was able to get everything on my list, for a discount. Would it be strategic for Subliminal shop to add another day to the sale because of the Cloudflare situation? It might be the way to get the most out of it.

Thanks

Fonzy

RE: Crazy Sale - Shannon - 08-05-2013

That's what we did.