Subliminal Talk
ASC 5 Generation - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: ASC 5 Generation (/Thread-ASC-5-Generation)

ASC 5 Generation - Serris - 11-25-2012

Hi everyone, I'm back.

Anyway I decided to come back and try out Shannon's ASC 5 Generation only this time I'm trying it with a headphone that cost 14.99 dollars (it was on sale) and plus it goes up to 25,000 KHZ Big Grin Tongue

Lucky me Big Grin

I have one more question though, while playing the sub and different music at the same time, I noticed that the subliminal don't reduce the music audio anymore?

Why is that? Huh

Or is it something that I don't have to be worry about?

RE: ASC 5 Generation - Sean - 11-25-2012

i don't understand your question.

Which subliminal are you using? What are you playing it on? Are you playing the music on the same device?

We need the details to know what you're talking about.

RE: ASC 5 Generation - Serris - 11-26-2012

Sorry, if I wasn't clear on my question. Next time I will give more details.

The subliminal I am using is Absolute Self Confidence fifth Generation.

I am playing it on a Audio Player called VLC.

And yes I'm playing the music on the same device, or do you mean application? IF you mean device, then yes I am playing from the same audio source but different application, Same - Laptop, Application, Firefox playing youtube video and VLC playing the subliminal?

That and I read on this forum, that if you play the subliminal louder then the music, it will lower the youtube video music lower, but for some reason it didn't do that? Is it something I'm supposed to be worry about?

RE: ASC 5 Generation - Spiral - 11-26-2012

I personally don't recommend running the subliminal and music on the same device but I have done this and it's worked. Not sure how effective it is.

But I can say that be careful when listening to silent subs on earbuds/headphones all together. I've had bad experiences.

RE: ASC 5 Generation - Sean - 11-26-2012

Serris, please confirm you're using the silent version of the subliminal and that you've followed Shannon's instructions for setting the volume appropriately for that before adding music.

Playing both at the same time shouldn't change the volume of the audible stuff off Youtube. That would be a function of the mixer in the audio drivers on your system, not the subliminals. It is my understanding that the ultrasonics can be useful in the presence of other sounds, which has been shown with some of the experimentals included with the pre-release of WM2. When working on something as intense and deep as ASC is, I don't know if the music will interfere.

RE: ASC 5 Generation - Serris - 11-26-2012

Oh sorry, yes I am using the silent version of the subliminal but I did set it accordingly to the instructions so I think I am safe, right?

And I see! Thanks Sean and Spiral :-)

RE: ASC 5 Generation - Sean - 11-26-2012

(11-26-2012, 08:24 AM)Serris Wrote: Oh sorry, yes I am using the silent version of the subliminal but I did set it accordingly to the instructions so I think I am safe, right?

And I see! Thanks Sean and Spiral :-)

Then you should be OK.

RE: ASC 5 Generation - Shannon - 11-27-2012

Serris,

One point here. When you are playing two audio sources on the same device, you will have volumetric affects because the waveforms are being combined before they reach the speakers. This will increase the volume of waves that coincide and decrease the volume of waves that negate.

In other words, let's say we have a wave on Audio A that has a peak of 1,000 units, and it meets a wave from Audio B that peaks at the same time with a peak of 1,000 units. Guess what? That peak is now 2,000 units, which represents an increase in volume for that wave of 200%. (Audio is additive when mixed.)

Likewise, let's say two waves - one peaking at +1,000 units, and one anti-peaking at -1,000 units - meet. The additive result? 0 units of volume. Silence.

Unless the waves are constantly kept in sync, as would be the case for noise cancelling headphones, the effect will be sporadic, but the overall volume will tend to increase by a number of decibels.

This means you are now destroying any volume setting you have done, and are operating blindly with regards to volume. Which is not a good thing when it comes to using ultrasonic audio, most especially through headphones.

Never use ultrasonic audio through headphones while multiple audios are playing on the same device.

I also would like to say, never use ultrasonic audio through headphones. Again. People have been ignoring this, and the point you raise is one reason it was brought up to begin with.

I recommend against playing multiple audio sources from the same device. If you must, never use headphones to do it. As long as you don't use headphones, you should be okay.

RE: ASC 5 Generation - HMoody - 11-27-2012

(11-27-2012, 10:19 AM)Shannon Wrote: Serris,

One point here. When you are playing two audio sources on the same device, you will have volumetric affects because the waveforms are being combined before they reach the speakers. This will increase the volume of waves that coincide and decrease the volume of waves that negate.

In other words, let's say we have a wave on Audio A that has a peak of 1,000 units, and it meets a wave from Audio B that peaks at the same time with a peak of 1,000 units. Guess what? That peak is now 2,000 units, which represents an increase in volume for that wave of 200%. (Audio is additive when mixed.)

Likewise, let's say two waves - one peaking at +1,000 units, and one anti-peaking at -1,000 units - meet. The additive result? 0 units of volume. Silence.

Unless the waves are constantly kept in sync, as would be the case for noise cancelling headphones, the effect will be sporadic, but the overall volume will tend to increase by a number of decibels.

This means you are now destroying any volume setting you have done, and are operating blindly with regards to volume. Which is not a good thing when it comes to using ultrasonic audio, most especially through headphones.

Never use ultrasonic audio through headphones while multiple audios are playing on the same device.

I also would like to say, never use ultrasonic audio through headphones. Again. People have been ignoring this, and the point you raise is one reason it was brought up to begin with.

I recommend against playing multiple audio sources from the same device. If you must, never use headphones to do it. As long as you don't use headphones, you should be okay.

Hmm...I'm a little confused as before you had stated that it's okay to play the ultrasonic while listening to something else on our laptop thru the speakers. The above statement seem to imply the opposite. I do this during the daytime sometimes and I want to make sure this isn't causing issues with the subs effectiveness?

RE: ASC 5 Generation - Shannon - 11-27-2012

(11-27-2012, 06:28 PM)HMoody Wrote:
(11-27-2012, 10:19 AM)Shannon Wrote: Serris,

Hmm...I'm a little confused as before you had stated that it's okay to play the ultrasonic while listening to something else on our laptop thru the speakers. The above statement seem to imply the opposite. I do this during the daytime sometimes and I want to make sure this isn't causing issues with the subs effectiveness?

My point being that volume is affected in ways that we cannot measure when you play two things at once through a single source. This is not an issue when the audio is audible. Ultrasonics are not audible, and measuring them for volume can become tricky. Still, it should not be a problem unless you are also using ultrasonics with headphones... in which case we don't know what the effective volume of the ultrasonic is, and we are feeding it directly into your ears. That is a potential issue.