Subliminal Talk
Checking out ASC 5g. - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Checking out ASC 5g. (/Thread-Checking-out-ASC-5g)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Checking out ASC 5g. - walker7 - 11-27-2012

(11-27-2012, 10:31 AM)Shannon Wrote: Walker, Self Confidence is a good program, but it's not designed or intended to deal with a lot of fear at once. That's why we have OF. And using one to get to the other is as good a strategy as any.

You say you indulged in alcohol at the gathering, and that you felt guilty afterwards. I understand that you might feel comfort in alcohol if you have social anxiety or fears, but why feel guilty? Does it do anyone any good for you to feel guilty that you are where you are right now? Are you punishing yourself for not getting better results from using a subliminal that wasn't designed to deal with your core issues? Guilt is useless here, my friend. Let it go. It only makes things worse.

On to OF and freedom. Cheers. Smile

Hi Shannon and thanks for your reply.
I was quiet happy with the ASC sub and it felt that it did what it was
supposed to do.It also seemed to point me in the direction of the OF as my next sub.
The reason for my guilt over the alcohol at the gathering was that i had drank in secret before the affair, to take the edge off! (this always causes me guilt )as it makes me feel somewhat of a fake and after the event i can be quiet hard on myself.
So just to say my feelings of guilt were not aimed in any way at the subs.
I am looking forward to good results from the OF sub Shannon and i would like to thank you for all the brilliant work you are doing .
Cheers for now.

RE: Checking out ASC 5g. - Shannon - 11-27-2012

Thank you. But I don't understand something.

What good is guilt doing you here? Why drink in secret? Why drink? If you are going to use alcohol to relax, why not just have a drink without doing it secretly? Why induce shame and guilt?

I'm not worried about it having anything to do with subliminals. I'm wanting you to think about these things, and think of them without giving a rote unthinking response. Really think about them.

If you're afraid, and you use alcohol to relax, why not own that truth? A lot of people use it to relax. It's not the end of the world.

Perhaps Overcoming Guilt, Shame and Fear would be a better choice?

RE: Checking out ASC 5g. - walker7 - 11-28-2012

(11-27-2012, 06:52 PM)Shannon Wrote: Thank you. But I don't understand something.

What good is guilt doing you here? Why drink in secret? Why drink? If you are going to use alcohol to relax, why not just have a drink without doing it secretly? Why induce shame and guilt?

I'm not worried about it having anything to do with subliminals. I'm wanting you to think about these things, and think of them without giving a rote unthinking response. Really think about them.

If you're afraid, and you use alcohol to relax, why not own that truth? A lot of people use it to relax. It's not the end of the world.

Perhaps Overcoming Guilt, Shame and Fear would be a better choice?

Hi Shannon,
Possibly Overcoming Guilt shame ,fear would have been the best choice at this stage but i have started the OF now for a few days so i think i will stick with it.
I take onboard what you are saying and it makes sense.
Why feel guilty?...when you put it like that it makes a lot of sense lol!
Perhaps i will make the OG,S,F my next sub.
And thanks again Shannon.