Subliminal Talk
Sean's AM Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Sean's AM Journal (/Thread-Sean-s-AM-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 09-18-2012

What a weekend! A good friend of mine is moving across country. He sent his wife and younger kids ahead, so it was only him, his 16yo daughter, his 20yo son, and a friend helping. I could tell when I spoke to him earlier in the week that he was under a LOT of stress, so I told him I had nothing planned this weekend and I'd come up to help if he'd like. He bought me a plane ticket and I spent four days packing boxes and loading a truck. It was HOT out, everything was dirty and dusty, and I got exhausted. It's also one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. The camaraderie was fantastic. It wore out my body, but it nourished my soul.

While traveling to assist my friend, I did not take my stereo with me; instead, I used headphones. HOLY COW what a difference in power. My dreams came back with a force, and 8hrs/day was more than plenty.

I noticed while helping pack boxes and load the truck, I was stepping forward as a leader in the areas where I have experience. My friend has experience in other areas, and there was a smooth exchange of ideas and handing the metaphorical leadership baton back and forth. This is much different from my past, where I'd either follow directions OR be the leader in all things.

Come to think of it, making an impulsive statement about flying hundreds of miles to help a friend move is also unlike my old self. Back then, I believe I'd have comiserated, more than helped.

On Monday, I was chastised by my boss for working remotely for the past two weeks. He was out of town on a business trip, and my office is generally fairly empty. Tumbleweeds outnumber the humans by a fair margin. The part that irritated me is that when I started, he said he did not care where or when I worked, so long as my job was getting done. I'm more effective when working from home than in the office, so it was a no-brainer to save myself commute time.

He acted as though I was screwing around outside the office, not being a professional. I'm now required to get his approval before working remotely. I was surprised how irritated I was with him. I had no patience on the phone, and I did not cower or bow down during his bullying. Instead, I interrupted his tirade, let him know that I was now aware of his new requirements, and that I would comply with them.

I'm feeling a great deal of aggression. I'm not backing down from challenges. My mood is interesting: I'm far more irritable with coworkers and bosses than I was, and I'm still far more patient with my kids than before AM5.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Shannon - 09-19-2012

Your kids are looking for you to be the leader... your bosses, not so much. Smile

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 09-19-2012

It just occurred to me that there are probably 50 other things I'm not realizing are changing due to the naturalizer.

Shannon, I've got a lot of aggression coming up that I would normally release through working a heavy bag. Is that appropriate to do under AM5, or should I "be with it" since this is part of the imbalances you've programmed into Stage 2?

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Shannon - 09-20-2012

Aggression is being generated by what? Is it being generated by anger that you have suppressed, or are not allowing yourself to deal with? Is there some change you are avoiding by releasing it that way? Or is it a release valve to prevent yourself from doing something unwise or inappropriate? We don't want you throwing kittens across the room and stuff.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 09-20-2012

The surface cause of the aggression is irritation with my director, and him being a twit. He's capricious, arbitrary, and antagonistic. He is a managerial bully, and my conversation with him last week bothered me greatly. I'm glad it was a phone call, because the look on my face would have gotten me fired.

This irritation was taking the form of aggression. I wanted to hit something inanimate. I'm doing much better today, having it fade into irritation again.

Looking deeper, I feel the aggression was also fueled by my expectation that The Boss would instigate another confrontation about his expectations when I've already agreed to abide by what he said on Monday. This is the kind of thing he does frequently to keep employees under his thumb. I was prepared for it, and it never materialized. I got all geared up for nothing.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Shannon - 09-20-2012

Life is much happier when we learn to have no expectations.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 09-22-2012

I attended a local Renaissance Faire today with my sons. We weren't even out of the parking lot before I remembered why I never go to these anymore: a hugely overweight woman was wearing a skirt too short for her build, and her gluteal folds were showing as she walked. I was utterly repulsed. Plenty of my female friends are overweight, a couple very much so, and ll. None of them would go around with their butts hanging out for others to see. The rest of the Faire was slightly less disturbing, but still yucky. Corsets straining while breasts flopped over top of them. BLEAGH! You don't even need to have my new high standards to start gagging.

Fortunately, I wasn't there looking for a girl, and I had a good time with my boys. They shot crossbows and threw darts and bought wooden swords.

Not too much to say on evident progress on the AM5 beyond my increased fat-disgust.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 09-23-2012

Patience: I have it.

I used to have a short temper with my children, and exhibit a great deal of patience with strangers who deserved none. This has flipped. I worked on a couple of craft kit projects with my younger son today, who has a typical 7yo attention span. I've been able to just relax and roll with it when he wanted to start doing things without following my lead or not attending to my how-to lectures.

Shannon, for this, I'd have paid the price of a 5G 6-stage program by itself. I'm only on the second stage of the AM5 4G product, and it's making me a much better father to my kids. I cannot thank you enough.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Shannon - 09-23-2012

By improving yourself, you become a better man.
By becoming a better man, you make yourself a better father.
By making yourself a better father, you improve your children's lives.
By improving your children's lives, and making yourself a better man, you make the world a better place.

Making the world a better place is my goal. This is thanks enough for me.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Yuri - 09-23-2012

that's great progress sean, i believe im getting the same response my temper has tremendously decreased and i deal with things much more maturely now, its like i have the anger but i process it and deal with it in a different way, sean can u link me the earbuds u talked about? i think i need some good earphones too.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 09-23-2012

biakoia, I got these: Shure SE215. This is the best price I've found online, and I used the coupon code H15 to get a further 15% off them. I'm not affiliated with Shure or Earphone Solutions, and I'm not getting a kickback from them.

I've owned a pair of Shures in the past and was completely thrilled with them, but I haven't received these yet so I can't comment on them.

Shannon, you're achieving your goal. I've got three kids who will have their lives much improved by the transformation in my life.

Also, I would like to buy my 14yo son a copy of Maximum Learning Speed. I don't see a problem with him using it, but because he is a minor, I want to get Shannon's thoughts on him using that before buying it for him. His difficulties in school are mostly tied to remembering what homework he needs to do (because he doesn't write it down when it is assigned), remembering to turn it in, and getting confused about which homework to do while he's doing it. He learns the material, and tests well, so he's learning the material, but his grades aren't has high as they could be due to the homework issues.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Spiral - 09-23-2012

Your son seems to be incredibly smart if he can test well without having to do all the homework. I would think Maximum Learning Speed could help him become even smarter but what about Maximum Memory? That may serve him better.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Shannon - 09-23-2012

I would recommend you choose this instead:

http://subliminal-shop.com/improve-your-grades-and-study-habits-4g-type-b.html

At 14 they are still developing their brains, and it's really the parent's call by that age as to whether or not they feel comfortable with their child using subliminals.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - ssh - 09-23-2012

(09-23-2012, 06:06 PM)Shannon Wrote: I would recommend you choose this instead:

http://subliminal-shop.com/improve-your-grades-and-study-habits-4g-type-b.html

At 14 they are still developing their brains, and it's really the parent's call by that age as to whether or not they feel comfortable with their child using subliminals.

Shannon with reference to your post above, are the programs built for children/students similar to those available on the shop for adults. I mean are you using some different technique for children/students so that they can use it safely.