Subliminal Talk
Affirmations. - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Frequently Asked Questions & Resources (FAQ) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Resources-FAQ)
+--- Thread: Affirmations. (/Thread-Affirmations)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Affirmations. - Shannon - 09-28-2012

(09-27-2012, 06:43 PM)Yuri Wrote: shannon,

i asked you once about using affirmations to help the use of the sub, u told me it depends on what sub im using and my scripting for the affirmations, im using AM right now and while in my bed i start affirming things like "i let go of any resistance towards AM" "i fully absorb and use the sub" " i accept the change within me through AM" " i fully open my subconscious mind to absorb and accept AM while i sleep" etc.

are those useful or should i stop doing it?

Stop using any affirmations. The program already has that stuff built in, and scripted properly.

RE: Affirmations. - Shannon - 09-28-2012

(09-28-2012, 07:08 AM)Javier Gerardo Wrote: In relation to this what will happen if I kind of do both at the same time?
For instance, when I will do my Mirror Affirmations I will also be listening to a subliminal.

Will it be better than just using the Affirmations or subliminal alone?

I recommend against doing affirmations with my subs because it's so easy and common to either conflict with my scripting or use affirmations that are actually harmful for reasons you don't understand.

RE: Affirmations. - Frankz - 09-29-2012

But is it ok to just do the mantra or some name of deity chanting it repeatedly mentally in a daily basis while internalizing its meaning, characteristics and attributes? Mantras like Om or Om Namah Shivaya?

RE: Affirmations. - Shannon - 10-01-2012

Frankz, again, please read the rules, especially Rule #4.

The type of mantras you mention should not be an issue.

RE: Affirmations. - Javier Gerardo - 10-06-2012

(09-28-2012, 10:05 AM)Shannon Wrote:
(09-28-2012, 07:08 AM)Javier Gerardo Wrote: In relation to this what will happen if I kind of do both at the same time?
For instance, when I will do my Mirror Affirmations I will also be listening to a subliminal.

I recommend against doing affirmations with my subs because it's so easy and common to either conflict with my scripting or use affirmations that are actually harmful for reasons you don't understand.

Okay thanks for clearing that up man.
However, what if I use the scripts on the subs I'm using as my affirmations. For instance like in ASC there is a script "I am now becoming more and more self-confident." Just by saying that in front of a mirror or just writing it is already conflicting with the subs I'm using?
What about being grateful and doing grateful affirmations? Wherein I'm writing the things that I am grateful for?

RE: Affirmations. - Sean - 10-06-2012

Javier, that's like a small child trying to push a Formula-1 racer to go faster.

What are you getting out of affirmations that makes you want to do them so badly? Do you feel like listening to the subliminals is not active enough? That if you're not taking some action, nothing will happen?

Let it go, man. Let the subliminals do their work and bask in the glow of their effects.

RE: Affirmations. - Shannon - 10-07-2012

(10-06-2012, 12:05 AM)Javier Gerardo Wrote:
(09-28-2012, 10:05 AM)Shannon Wrote:

Okay thanks for clearing that up man.
However, what if I use the scripts on the subs I'm using as my affirmations. For instance like in ASC there is a script "I am now becoming more and more self-confident." Just by saying that in front of a mirror or just writing it is already conflicting with the subs I'm using?
What about being grateful and doing grateful affirmations? Wherein I'm writing the things that I am grateful for?

Affirmations are more beneficial for the conscious mind than the subconscious, because the conscious mind usually filters them out without massive repetition. If it makes you feel better to use them in terns of conscious confidence, then there is no better option than using the base script of the same subliminal as your conscious affirmations.

RE: Affirmations. - Javier Gerardo - 10-08-2012

(10-06-2012, 09:07 AM)Sean Wrote: Javier, that's like a small child trying to push a Formula-1 racer to go faster.

What are you getting out of affirmations that makes you want to do them so badly? Do you feel like listening to the subliminals is not active enough? That if you're not taking some action, nothing will happen?

Let it go, man. Let the subliminals do their work and bask in the glow of their effects.

Me and the other guys here actually are into Affirmations first before getting into subliminals. This is because we previously came from using the Magnetic Mindset method by Cory Skyy. In order to have a Magnetic Mindset, Cory Skyy recommends the use of Affirmations specifically the "Mirror Affirmations" which can enable you to attract women purely through your eyes. I do believe that Affirmations have helped me a lot.

Aside from that I am using the affirmations as a booster to my subliminals because I'm just using the basic subs man. I'm still saving up for Alpha Male Version 5.0 and I'm not sure when I will be able to buy it. I do have the AM Version 3.0 but it is already outdated and isn't applicable to use while in the presence of women.

(10-07-2012, 12:14 PM)Shannon Wrote: Affirmations are more beneficial for the conscious mind than the subconscious, because the conscious mind usually filters them out without massive repetition. If it makes you feel better to use them in terns of conscious confidence, then there is no better option than using the base script of the same subliminal as your conscious affirmations.

I do believe that your subs have helped me greatly Shannon. It's just that in some days, even if I'm currently listening to a sub, I still feel down and depressed. This is the reason I use Affirmations. Affirmations helps me say "fuck it! let's do this!" mental attitude. In this way I get more pumped up before I do my workout routine. In some days too when I feel tired to work out, I just watched motivational videos and quotes. After that I get so pumped up to work out bro!

I know that subliminals work but it is just me because it is totally rare for me to feel great when I am currently listening to a sub. For instance in some days too I wake up feeling sad even though I listened to Absolute Self Confidence 5.0 or Remove Negativity Within 4G all night long.

RE: Affirmations. - THolt - 10-08-2012

Usually I feel the effect of a sub when I am not listening to it after I had been listening quite a while

RE: Affirmations. - AVB2011 - 10-08-2012

(10-08-2012, 06:12 AM)THolt Wrote: Usually I feel the effect of a sub when I am not listening to it after I had been listening quite a while

Most people say that sub is working for them after they don't listen to it after they had been listening to it for a while. It looks like this thing prevail to you as well.

Usually if I listen to specific subliminal for the amount of recommended time, the effects would work on me after sometimes. Even though at that time I start listening to my next subliminal, the previous subliminal would take the effects on me.

RE: Affirmations. - Tiesto - 10-08-2012

(10-08-2012, 09:23 AM)AVB2011 Wrote: Usually if I listen to specific subliminal for the amount of recommended time, the effects would work on me after sometimes. Even though at that time I start listening to my next subliminal, the previous subliminal would take the effects on me.

I remember when I finished with ASC, then I move on to other subs without a break, I noticed in the first 1-2 week with the other subs, I felt an increase in confidence, so I agree this is true.

RE: Affirmations. - LionMonkey - 10-10-2012

One reason why affirmations works is because it's controlled focus of our mind.

90% of our thoughts are subconscious while 10% are conscious but it's the 10% that people see. Our subconscious mind is highly controlled by our conscious mind.

The subconscious can't differentiate what's real or not. That's why affirmations works.

I believe subliminals makes the progress of change faster.

RE: Affirmations. - Shannon - 10-12-2012

(10-10-2012, 12:58 PM)LionMonkey Wrote: One reason why affirmations works is because it's controlled focus of our mind.

90% of our thoughts are subconscious while 10% are conscious but it's the 10% that people see. Our subconscious mind is highly controlled by our conscious mind.

The subconscious can't differentiate what's real or not. That's why affirmations works.

I believe subliminals makes the progress of change faster.

You make me laugh, LM. You speak as if you have access to all there is to know about consciousness. Where do you get these numbers you're throwing out? Who can count the number of thoughts had subconsciously versus consciously? How do you even differentiate?

If you consider that my position and research puts me basically in the middle of this sort of research... and I struggle constantly to learn about the subconscious mind, and glean bits and pieces of information about it... and I have been doing this for almost 2 decades now... and I can tell you that I don't know what percentage of our thoughts is subconscious versus conscious... you must have one hell of a source.

But you're dead wrong on which layer influences the other more. The conscious mind is a whisper compared to the subconscious. The subconscious never sleeps. The subconscious never stops "pulling". The conscious sleeps, and is extremely limited in comparison, capability wise. If it were the conscious that controlled the subconscious, subliminals would not be necessary, or effective, and nobody would have a weight issue, or trouble quitting smoking, or anything along those lines.

The fact is, the subconscious is the vast majority of what influences our inner and outer reality, and the conscious mind is only aware of itself, so it has a rather seriously overblown awareness of it's own importance.

The conscious mind is most readily influenced in the short term by consciously percieved input, which is why affirmations work. But if the affirmations are screened out (the conscious mind exists to act as a gateway to the subconscious, where the real "operating system" is running), which will happen every time it hears something that is not currently true - you won't get much, unless you're effectively deluding yourself. The conscious mind doesn't create your reality; your subconscious mind does. Your conscious mind can direct your actions in some ways, but it is the subconscious that really runs the show. Just ask Ben, or Patti, or Sarah, or JMike.

The subconscious does differentiate between inwardly real (what we call imagined) and outwardly real (what we sense through our "conscious mind" and physical senses). That is true. But that is not why affirmations work. Again, affirmations must pass the gatekeeper before they can access the subconscious. That is why so many people fail with affirmations.

As for why it does not differentiate, there are those of us who suspect that it does not differentiate because there is no difference except the state of matter being dealt with.

RE: Affirmations. - LionMonkey - 10-13-2012

Don't get me wrong. This is what I believe and I don't want to guess what's the "truth". I think our mind is fascinating and I can't possibly comprehend or figure out our subconscious mind...

Let me elaborate more on what I mean and Shannon, you are right. The gatekeeper has to be passed before it sinks in. He may eventually become our friend Smile

Our subconscious mind has our habitual thoughts. The person who we are really. I got this from your 90/10 mind and also a lot of great information about our mind and emotions from Tony Robbins...

If we consciously focus on something, it has highly influence on the subconscious part. Let's say something bad happened. You lost your job or you missed your flight. You can choose to look at it as something awful or you can choose to look at it like there's something good coming from it.

If you've already made the decision that it's something very awful, your emotions has already set in. You feel bad and your subconscious mind is affected by it. What I'm saying is that we can control our conscious mind and and conscious mind affects our subconscious mind, especially if emotions are involved while thinking of something...

Another example of conscious focus and how much it can influence your view of the world,

Look around in the room and look for everything that is brown, you got 15 seconds.
Now without looking around the room again, do you remember everything in the room that are blue?

The chances you saw something that is brown are much higher than blue. You see what you choose to focus on. You may even have had taken colors as dark-red or beige and counted them as brown.

That is because your mind tend to transform things so they fit into your focus that you choose to have.