Subliminal Talk
Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 (/Thread-Smoking-sub-take-3-HST-take-1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 10-25-2012

Ummm.....I like Optimus Engines....just sayen'

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 10-26-2012

(10-25-2012, 05:19 PM)Patti Wrote: Ummm.....I like Optimus Engines....just sayen'

lol I knew you'd say that. But Patti, you're using a sub I custom built just for you. It's got to be finished in its entirety before you can use anything else, because it is so finely tuned for you and you alone. And I hate wasting effort. And I already know what is going to happen from you using it. And I can't build two different version of the SSF program if it turns out the version you're using would disrupt the current testing version, and require another custom. And... you get my point.

Please stay the course. Smile

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 10-26-2012

And I knew you'd say something along those lines. I'm just always look for anything to make this process easier...I'm struggling much of the time these days with this. It comes in waves but when it comes, it really hits hard. But yes, I get your point.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 10-26-2012

(10-26-2012, 07:47 AM)Patti Wrote: And I knew you'd say something along those lines. I'm just always look for anything to make this process easier...I'm struggling much of the time these days with this. It comes in waves but when it comes, it really hits hard. But yes, I get your point.

Have you noticed that the waves are fading out in frequency?

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 10-28-2012

I don’t think I’ve not been smoking long enough to see patterns. I do think most come from stress. It seems that maybe some other connections (like after a meal or with coffee, that type) have been disconnected, but when things are stressful, it seems that is the time it’s hardest or I could smoke a cigarette without any problem at all. Is there anything in the sub that addresses stress? And are you gonna update the stress sub from 3 to 4g?

I was also reading about something the other day, that may have something to do with the way I haven’t been able to handle stress as well as I used to. Actually, maybe I never did handle it all that well, I just smoked through it. But I’m researching this a little more and my findings may help to deal better with it.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 10-28-2012

There is actually quite a bit in the SSF script that deals with disconnecting from and dissolving stress. It would appear you are fighting hard to hold on to your fear and stress... or perhaps the fear of letting go of fear is causing stress that you're ignoring the programming on out of fear?

All 3G stuff will be upgraded to 4G. I'm sort of in a holding pattern right now, though as there has been an event that has my judgement in question and until I can recover more focus and know I can make good decisions, I dare not build anything serious. So right now, I'm only fiddling with calculating experimental projections.

I wish I could just give you the latest program.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 10-28-2012

As do I but I understand. I'm still only on stage 3 so hopefully I just need more exposure to help with the stress.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 10-28-2012

I think you'll be fine by the end of the program.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 11-27-2012

So I’ve had a new fear making itself known recently. What I feel at this point in the program, is that I haven’t smoked but could pick up a cigarette at any time. This feeling has been annoying me as I feel that at this point in the program, I should be feeling a stronger feeling to not smoke. This isn’t anything new for me. In fact, what I’m doing now feels more common than not. I used to take breaks all the time, probably 8 to 10 times in my smoking history, anywhere from 1 month to 1 year. My calm or resolve has always come from the fact that it was only a break. This feels very much like that. But of course I’m hoping that when I’m done with the whole program, the feeling to not smoke will be the strongest one I have.

I had a blurp on my part. I’m listening to stage 3 (again). I was really struggling the last stage which I thought was stage 3. I was so excited to move to stage 4, but what I realized when I went to do that is that I must have inadvertently put on stage 4 which was playing on my ipod in my bedroom and at the same time, I was listening to stage 3 on my laptop in the family room area. I thought it was just the stage that had me so discombobbled but I now think it was listening to two different stages at one time. So I decided to listen to stage 3 again. Things seem a little easier this time around.

I haven’t been getting too much listening time this week as I bought my daughter and grandson to Disney. I didn’t even pack my ihome so I’ve only been listening on my laptop when I’m at the condo, which I’m not much I’ve been getting tons of exercise though, I think we’ve walked about 100 miles lol. I have noticed that the quit smoking commercials in Florida are pretty intense. New Jersey needs more of these types!

Well that’s all for now….off to Animal Kingdom.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Sean - 11-27-2012

Patti,

It will always be true that you can pick up a cigarette at any time, and that is true for anyone. Focus on the progress that you've made and maintained: you haven't smoked. Keep up the good work.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 11-27-2012

Patti, if you understand the psychology behind smoking, you also understand that once you have undone the nicotine addiction (which only takes about 14 days), the rest is all psychological, and it is a choice.

You are at some level looking for any and every excuse to start up again. This "it was only a break" excuse should be the last hurdle.

I suspect you'll be pleasantly surprised at what happens when you finish the program.

But remember, it's always a choice, and the program is working to get you to choose to be a non-smoker. That key point is still meeting with resistance. You have stopped smoking, but you are still refusing to let go of the self identity of a smoker. That is why you still think like this.

When you let go of the self identity of a smoker, and realize you are a non-smoker, you will have finished the transition.

I have plans to make a new version of the 6 stage SSF and a single stage version based on OE, eventually. I don't think you'll need either of them. You are very close to permanent success. Just have to break down that last point.

Remember that a nonsmoker doesn't need or want cigarettes, and they are not addicted to nicotine.

You are not addicted to nicotine, either at this point, and you haven't been for months. We have gotten you to stop smoking, but now we want you to let go of the self perception of being a smoker, and accept the self perception of being a non-smoker. That's all that's left to do.

PS - No, we don't like the stop smoking commercials in Florida, because they are put together by people who have no clue how to effectively approach the subject. Most of the time, all they do is entrench smokers in their habit through resistance. It makes things worse, not better.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Elusive - 11-27-2012

It's so nice to follow this thread.
Just saying.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 11-27-2012

What do you mean, Elusive?

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Elusive - 11-27-2012

(11-27-2012, 10:39 AM)Shannon Wrote: What do you mean, Elusive?
I do admit, that I could have expressed myself better and more clearly.
Now I wonder that it might be perceived in ways I did not intend.

What I meant was that, I really enjoy reading about Patti's journey and your advice/feedback, Shannon. Just wanted to express myself some. I maybe should remain silent when I'm tired, so I don't write confusing stuff.