Subliminal Talk
Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 (/Thread-Smoking-sub-take-3-HST-take-1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 10-03-2012

(10-02-2012, 05:20 PM)Sean Wrote: Perhaps you should let her know in advance that you're quitting and that you'd like her support.

She knows and she wouldn't do anything to tempt me but I know she has them.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 10-03-2012

(10-02-2012, 09:35 PM)Shannon Wrote: Whatever happens... keep using the program through all six stages.

Of course.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 10-04-2012

This program has the weirdest effect on me. I really really don’t want to smoke and at the same time, I really really miss the act of smoking. Talk about an internal conflict! Can’t seem to get a handle on it.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Yuri - 10-04-2012

Patti.

did u try to use something to compensate for a cigarette because as u said other than all the smoking problems and addiction's there is the "act of smoking" we need something to hold between our fingers as if we are smoking because we got used to it so much, i found a toothpick usually takes my mind off that.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Sean - 10-04-2012

There are hundreds of "fidget toys" in the marketplace for ADD kids. These would be perfect for giving your hands something to do while you've got "the urge".

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 10-04-2012

The program is working on that as well. You're just resisting. Smile

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 10-04-2012

Yuri and Sean, thanks for the advice. The thing is, it’s not really about having something to do with hands, although that is a popular thing that smokers that quit have had to deal with. It’s more about an all body restlessness that stays with me no matter busy I try to be. I keep looking for helpful info on websites but so far, I’ve only found breathing exercises which have been a tiny bit helpful but not much.

Shannon, that may very well be true, but is there something I could be doing to not resist? I’m trying everything I can think of.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Sean - 10-05-2012

Patti, it's like a river, and you're swimming against the current. You're trying different strokes, but it doesn't matter if you're doing freestyle or doggy paddlng, you're still swimming.

Just float, and let the river carry you.

This may seem like vague BS, new wavey gravy sheep-dipped horsefeathers, but I don't know how else to describe letting go and just letting it happen.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 10-05-2012

Sean, I think I’m gonna print that out and hang it on my wall. That was the funniest inspirational thing I’ve heard in a long time! lol And…my biggest issue. *sigh* If I could just let go, my entire life would be much better or at least I think so. I just wish I knew how to do that.

I have been getting lots of stuff done around the house. We’ll be listing our house this spring, so I feel like everything needs reorganizing, and that’s been keeping busy. I started a little workout with the little spitfire 24 year old girlie girl on the cable workout station. She’s cute and annoying! And today I went bike riding with my husband for the first time in I don’t know how lone. I never realized that there are so many looooong hills where I live! My husband, the guy who has worked out every single day since the day I met him, was waaaay ahead of me, as I’m trudging along with the wizard of oz theme music playing in my head lol. I was sick as a dog by the time I got home. I cannot believe I am this outta shape! We’re going again tomorrow…..yippie!

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Tiesto - 10-05-2012

(10-05-2012, 06:50 AM)Patti Wrote: Sean, I think I’m gonna print that out and hang it on my wall. That was the funniest inspirational thing I’ve heard in a long time! lol And…my biggest issue. *sigh* If I could just let go, my entire life would be much better or at least I think so. I just wish I knew how to do that.

I have been getting lots of stuff done around the house. We’ll be listing our house this spring, so I feel like everything needs reorganizing, and that’s been keeping busy. I started a little workout with the little spitfire 24 year old girlie girl on the cable workout station. She’s cute and annoying! And today I went bike riding with my husband for the first time in I don’t know how lone. I never realized that there are so many looooong hills where I live! My husband, the guy who has worked out every single day since the day I met him, was waaaay ahead of me, as I’m trudging along with the wizard of oz theme music playing in my head lol. I was sick as a dog by the time I got home. I cannot believe I am this outta shape! We’re going again tomorrow…..yippie!

Patti, I think it's great that you've decided to go cycling. What helped me to quit smoking back then was also from exercise, I had a strong desire to build my body, so I became obsessed with weightlifting and other sports.

I used to be super skinny, my physical characteristic is what people in the fitness circle call "hardgainer", when I first step foot in the gym in 2002, I workout while still smoking, partying and all, needless to say I didn't gain any significant result, I also didn't have a strong and clear fitness goal at the time, and because of the lack of proper goal setting I didn't train consistently nor train intensely enough. Years gone by and I've only gain very puny result.

The beginning of 2005 was when I decided to get serious, I started researching everything about training, nutrition, and supplementation, I learned to make a clear goal for myself in term of my physical condition and fitness level, and I also learned that I can't live the kind of lifestyle I was living if I really want to achieve the goal that I set for myself.

I began by training really intensely with heavy weights, I carefully select my nutrition, and eat properly every 2-3 hours, I changed my circle of friends, I started hang around with athletes and other people who are also obsessed with training, and the result I get in a mere 4 months destroy all the result I was getting the past 3 years with my bad lifestyle, after that point onwards I was hooked, and I began setting higher and higher goals, I just wanna get bigger and leaner all the time, I had to sacrifice my party, smoking, old friends, but I achieved my goal, and I realized that it was all worth it in the end.

Starting the bike riding with your husband is definitely a great start in my opinion, I would suggest try to do it more intensely instead of just for fun, try to set goals for yourself in cycling, or any other sports that you like, getting faster lap times, or covering more distance, etc. After you achieve the goals start setting higher and more difficult goal for your fitness level, once your body adapt to the new conditioning and tune up to that kind of healthy lifestyle, you will get addicted to that instead of smoking.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - ShanghaiKiwi - 10-06-2012

Yeah - the biking may be a good way to distract you from the whole quitting smoking process. The way I stopped smoking was that I suddenly noticed I hadn't had a smoke in about 6 months. Just focus on other stuff, is all.

Seven years later I still get the craving when other people are smoking around me, but most of the time I'm not thinking about it. My workmate offered me a smoke to satisfy my craving, then asked how long i had quit for, I told him 7 years, then he wouldn't give it to me anymore. Mixed feelings (GRRR - I mean, thank you!)

To offer another hippy-style metaphor like Sean's classic: Before you have an operation, they give you general anesthetic to put you to sleep. When you wake up, its all done! You missed the whole experience! So just go to sleep, i.e. focus on other stuff. When you wake up, you'll be smoke-free. But it'll be a painful experience if you're awake the whole time watching (I had an op on my foreskin recently, local anesthetic, holy crap that's traumatic, you don't want that) but my point is, stop trying to quit smoking, and just play the subs and do something else.

Check with Shannon first, but my understanding is that the sub will do it anyway, so if you feel like smoking, don't try hard not to do it, just smoke. Let the subs quit for you, don't try and do it yourself. I still remember my last cigar - I used to love cigars so much - but this one, honey-tipped, I lit it, and after 20 seconds of staring at it and contemplating it, stubbed it out and threw it in the bush. I lost interest. (I wasn't on subs though)

After the subs have helped you lose interest, you'll quit automatically.

But don't smoke before you go bike riding!

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 10-06-2012

Quote:Shannon, that may very well be true, but is there something I could be doing to not resist? I’m trying everything I can think of.

No you haven't. Smile We know you're resisting out of fear. Therefore, the Overcoming Fear sub is something you haven't tried.

But since your copy of SSF is in 5G you can't use that with it.

I am going to start building Stage 1 of the SSF Version 6.1 in 5G HST/SOS in a day or so. Amonth several other significant enhancements to the script, it will also include fear destruction as a much greater focus. I will try to find a way to build it so that you can use it and benefit from these enhancements as well, but it may be that you specifically need that hard coded specific frequency that I calculated for you.

I am pleased to see you going out bike riding and getting some excercise, though.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 10-06-2012

(10-05-2012, 08:07 AM)Tiesto Wrote:
(10-05-2012, 06:50 AM)Patti Wrote: Sean, I think I’m gonna print that out and hang it on my wall. That was the funniest inspirational thing I’ve heard in a long time! lol And…my biggest issue. *sigh* If I could just let go, my entire life would be much better or at least I think so. I just wish I knew how to do that.

Patti, I think it's great that you've decided to go cycling. What helped me to quit smoking back then was also from exercise, I had a strong desire to build my body, so I became obsessed with weightlifting and other sports.

I used to be super skinny, my physical characteristic is what people in the fitness circle call "hardgainer", when I first step foot in the gym in 2002, I workout while still smoking, partying and all, needless to say I didn't gain any significant result, I also didn't have a strong and clear fitness goal at the time, and because of the lack of proper goal setting I didn't train consistently nor train intensely enough. Years gone by and I've only gain very puny result.

The beginning of 2005 was when I decided to get serious, I started researching everything about training, nutrition, and supplementation, I learned to make a clear goal for myself in term of my physical condition and fitness level, and I also learned that I can't live the kind of lifestyle I was living if I really want to achieve the goal that I set for myself.

I began by training really intensely with heavy weights, I carefully select my nutrition, and eat properly every 2-3 hours, I changed my circle of friends, I started hang around with athletes and other people who are also obsessed with training, and the result I get in a mere 4 months destroy all the result I was getting the past 3 years with my bad lifestyle, after that point onwards I was hooked, and I began setting higher and higher goals, I just wanna get bigger and leaner all the time, I had to sacrifice my party, smoking, old friends, but I achieved my goal, and I realized that it was all worth it in the end.

Starting the bike riding with your husband is definitely a great start in my opinion, I would suggest try to do it more intensely instead of just for fun, try to set goals for yourself in cycling, or any other sports that you like, getting faster lap times, or covering more distance, etc. After you achieve the goals start setting higher and more difficult goal for your fitness level, once your body adapt to the new conditioning and tune up to that kind of healthy lifestyle, you will get addicted to that instead of smoking.

My goal right now is to not throw up my guts after my bike ride haha! Seriously, my goal is too sad right now and hopefully will change for the better later on. It seems to be to get through the day, which I don’t really like at all. I am trying to live more for “one day at a time”, because that seems to help slightly with my anxiety. But just “getting through” the day is sad to me but right now it just feels like what I need to be doing. I very much enjoy going to bed at night also. lol I would love it if exercise became addictive to me! I just need to take things slowly this time. Lots of times when I quit before, I’d try to do everything good for me at one time and it was usually overkill. So my new motto is slow but steady wins the race.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 10-06-2012

(10-06-2012, 02:04 AM)brad1984mason Wrote: Yeah - the biking may be a good way to distract you from the whole quitting smoking process. The way I stopped smoking was that I suddenly noticed I hadn't had a smoke in about 6 months. Just focus on other stuff, is all.

Seven years later I still get the craving when other people are smoking around me, but most of the time I'm not thinking about it. My workmate offered me a smoke to satisfy my craving, then asked how long i had quit for, I told him 7 years, then he wouldn't give it to me anymore. Mixed feelings (GRRR - I mean, thank you!)

To offer another hippy-style metaphor like Sean's classic: Before you have an operation, they give you general anesthetic to put you to sleep. When you wake up, its all done! You missed the whole experience! So just go to sleep, i.e. focus on other stuff. When you wake up, you'll be smoke-free. But it'll be a painful experience if you're awake the whole time watching (I had an op on my foreskin recently, local anesthetic, holy crap that's traumatic, you don't want that) but my point is, stop trying to quit smoking, and just play the subs and do something else.

Check with Shannon first, but my understanding is that the sub will do it anyway, so if you feel like smoking, don't try hard not to do it, just smoke. Let the subs quit for you, don't try and do it yourself. I still remember my last cigar - I used to love cigars so much - but this one, honey-tipped, I lit it, and after 20 seconds of staring at it and contemplating it, stubbed it out and threw it in the bush. I lost interest. (I wasn't on subs though)

After the subs have helped you lose interest, you'll quit automatically.

But don't smoke before you go bike riding!

Wow! You just forgot about smoking???? Why can’t that happen to me? Dang!

Stop trying to quit smoking….that’s a very interesting way to put it. I heard this…hmmmmm in my head when I read that. It just makes sense! Funny thing is, I think you said it thinking I was still smoking but now that I’m not, why would I continue to “try to quit”????

I’ve already stopped smoking, Monday will be 3 weeks. I do feel like the actual cravings are decreasing but what I’m dealing with now, are the aftershocks, which are anxiety, restlessness and sadness and things along those lines.