Subliminal Talk
Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 (/Thread-Smoking-sub-take-3-HST-take-1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - tristan - 09-26-2012

if I may ask, patti, how did you use the subs?

masked or ultrasonic?

headphones or speakers?

exposure time? Smile

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 09-26-2012

I may have missed it, Patti, but which stage are you using right now?

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 09-27-2012

(09-26-2012, 09:42 AM)Shannon Wrote: I may have missed it, Patti, but which stage are you using right now?

I'm starting stage 3 today.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 09-27-2012

Oh good, you're right on schedule then. Smile I am very pleased with your progress, if it makes a difference. Smile

(09-26-2012, 07:31 AM)tristan Wrote: if I may ask, patti, how did you use the subs?

masked or ultrasonic?

headphones or speakers?

exposure time? Smile

I usually always use ultrasonic’s. Masked or constant noises like waves or streams annoy me lol. (Well, everything annoys me these days lol)

I have them playing on my laptop (which is on a half wall between my family room and kitchen) all the time. I have them playing with my ipod, on my ihome, on my night table, in my bedroom, all the time. Basically, they’re never off unless I need a break. I use headphones almost every night while reading before I go to sleep. Sometimes I leave them on while I’m sleeping as long as I possibly can. They bug me after awhile and I usually end up taking them off. If anyone knows of a comfy good pair of ear buds, please let me know, thanks.

Just so everyone knows and Shannon or Ryan (spiral) doesn’t yell at me, I am very careful with the volume I use with the headphone using the ultrasonics. If anything, I always wonder if they’re too low, but I think they’re fine.

I don’t work so I am afforded a pretty sufficient amount of listening time.

(09-27-2012, 07:01 AM)Shannon Wrote: Oh good, you're right on schedule then. Smile I am very pleased with your progress, if it makes a difference. Smile

I'm right on schedule huh? Not sure what that means, but as long as you know, it's all good. Of course it matters, this is your lifes work. However if you were here, I'd probably punch you....just sayen'. :angel:

So I have two stories that keep screaming to me, “exactly how far will the sub-conscious go to get what it wants?”

I’ve never been sure about the power of my ipod or player for these programs, (even though they seem to be working, I’ve just always felt they could be working better). My husband bought me a new ipod for my b-day and I saw a player for sale that I wanted to buy. And by the by, what a great deal I got! It was originally $119 and I got it for $4.95!!! Yup…go me! But, I actually spent a pretty long time in the store looking around. That’s not really all that unusual, except for the fact that as early as the ride there, I kept having really uncomfortable feelings and hearing in my head, the words, do you really need this? The one you have works fine. And look, there’s so many other things here you could buy that you’d really like. It was strange to say the least. I really think there was a part of me that didn’t want to buy it, but.

I did buy it, and when I went to bed last night, I couldn’t stay awake for more than a half an hour, which told me, I did the right thing because it’s working better.

I really wish someone would take the initiative and search players and earphones and put their findings on thread here for us not so techno people! Although, I am now all set!

Onto my second story…

The electronic cig I smoked is called Infinity. I started with menthol and a few weeks before I quit, they didn’t sell them anymore, so I was smoking regulars. I get them at a convenience store down the street from my house.

There is an elderly man who works there, who has always been very sweet to me but never liked me smoking. When I bought cigs, he would say, “you need to stop this”. When I switched over to the electronic he said, “this is better”. When I was smoking them for a while he’d say, “you need to stop smoking these now”. The whole time I’d answer I’m working on it!

I hadn’t been in the store since last Sunday, and had to stop in for milk yesterday. As soon as I walked in the door, he said, “your infinity’s are on sale”. They normally cost $9.99 and are suppose to last the same as two packs of cigs. I looked at him and said, I quit, with a slight laugh, thinking…figures. When I was at the check out (they are right behind it), I saw they were on sale for $3.99 last chance sale. I guess they’re not selling them anymore. I actually stood there a couple of extra seconds thinking, I could just buy everything they have left and it would still be less then I’ve already spent on them before. It was crazy tempting.

Soooooooo, was my sub-conscious trying to tempt me to smoke or saying good thing ya stopped, you won’t be able to buy them here anymore?

(09-27-2012, 07:11 AM)Patti Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 07:01 AM)Shannon Wrote: Oh good, you're right on schedule then. Smile I am very pleased with your progress, if it makes a difference. Smile

I'm right on schedule huh? Not sure what that means, but as long as you know, it's all good. Of course it matters, this is your lifes work. However if you were here, I'd probably punch you....just sayen'. :angel:

It means just what it says. Your progress is on schedule with what it should be.

Why would you punch me? I should be the one punching you for giving me this headache and all this work. lol I'm helping you, remember?

(09-27-2012, 08:30 AM)Patti Wrote: So I have two stories that keep screaming to me, “exactly how far will the sub-conscious go to get what it wants?”

I’ve never been sure about the power of my ipod or player for these programs, (even though they seem to be working, I’ve just always felt they could be working better). My husband bought me a new ipod for my b-day and I saw a player for sale that I wanted to buy. And by the by, what a great deal I got! It was originally $119 and I got it for $4.95!!! Yup…go me! But, I actually spent a pretty long time in the store looking around. That’s not really all that unusual, except for the fact that as early as the ride there, I kept having really uncomfortable feelings and hearing in my head, the words, do you really need this? The one you have works fine. And look, there’s so many other things here you could buy that you’d really like. It was strange to say the least. I really think there was a part of me that didn’t want to buy it, but.

I did buy it, and when I went to bed last night, I couldn’t stay awake for more than a half an hour, which told me, I did the right thing because it’s working better.

I really wish someone would take the initiative and search players and earphones and put their findings on thread here for us not so techno people! Although, I am now all set!

Onto my second story…

The electronic cig I smoked is called Infinity. I started with menthol and a few weeks before I quit, they didn’t sell them anymore, so I was smoking regulars. I get them at a convenience store down the street from my house.

There is an elderly man who works there, who has always been very sweet to me but never liked me smoking. When I bought cigs, he would say, “you need to stop this”. When I switched over to the electronic he said, “this is better”. When I was smoking them for a while he’d say, “you need to stop smoking these now”. The whole time I’d answer I’m working on it!

I hadn’t been in the store since last Sunday, and had to stop in for milk yesterday. As soon as I walked in the door, he said, “your infinity’s are on sale”. They normally cost $9.99 and are suppose to last the same as two packs of cigs. I looked at him and said, I quit, with a slight laugh, thinking…figures. When I was at the check out (they are right behind it), I saw they were on sale for $3.99 last chance sale. I guess they’re not selling them anymore. I actually stood there a couple of extra seconds thinking, I could just buy everything they have left and it would still be less then I’ve already spent on them before. It was crazy tempting.

Soooooooo, was my sub-conscious trying to tempt me to smoke or saying good thing ya stopped, you won’t be able to buy them here anymore?

I think it may have been trying to tempt you. But you aren't a smoker anymore, and nonsmokers don't need cigarette supplies.

For a guy who wants you to quit, though, he doesn't sound very helpful.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 10-02-2012

Monday was 2 weeks without smoking anything and even though I’m doing it, just like every other time, I have that over-whelming missing/void feeling that has always drawn me back to smoking. I’m going to a party this weekend and my friend who smokes my brand will be there. I’m really trying to just finish the program. Maybe I’m just not ready.

I simply wish this feeling would go away…

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Yuri - 10-02-2012

Hold on Patti.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Sean - 10-02-2012

Perhaps you should let her know in advance that you're quitting and that you'd like her support.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 10-02-2012

Whatever happens... keep using the program through all six stages.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 10-03-2012

(10-02-2012, 04:22 PM)Yuri Wrote: Hold on Patti.

I'm trying.