Subliminal Talk
Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 (/Thread-Smoking-sub-take-3-HST-take-1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 09-27-2013

Patti, it warms my heart to see you succeed. Congratulations. And while you frustrated me out of my mind at times, you also are directly responsible for providing me the impetus to develop and great the 5th Gen build format. You are responsible for pushing me further than I would have ever gone otherwise to make a product that works for every possible person. And despite the frustration, I thank you for that. I am grateful for your influence for that reason.

We all owe you a debt of gratitude for giving me the impetus to create the 5th Gen build format. And I am thrilled that you decided to quit once and for all. Welcome back to freedom.

Freak4Life, we'll have the new instructions up soon.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Fonzy3 - 09-28-2013

Appreciate the update Patti, just know that your progress has motivated me to inform others about the Stop Smoking forever sub. I'm sure it will help them immensely.

Thanks

Fonzy

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 09-29-2013

(09-27-2013, 04:34 PM)Shannon Wrote: Patti, it warms my heart to see you succeed. Congratulations. And while you frustrated me out of my mind at times, you also are directly responsible for providing me the impetus to develop and great the 5th Gen build format. You are responsible for pushing me further than I would have ever gone otherwise to make a product that works for every possible person. And despite the frustration, I thank you for that. I am grateful for your influence for that reason.

We all owe you a debt of gratitude for giving me the impetus to create the 5th Gen build format. And I am thrilled that you decided to quit once and for all. Welcome back to freedom.

Freak4Life, we'll have the new instructions up soon.

Thanks Shannon! It was a long hard road, but I thankfully made it. I know exactly how you felt as I had my own irritations with you that honestly I didn't understand at the beginning. My subconscious did not want anything at to do with you, while my conscious very much admired the person that you are for many reasons. I was conflicted much of the time lol, which was very confusing to me. My subconscious found you arrogant and know it all-ish, whereas my conscious self found you giving, helpful and extremely insightful about your work as well as other subjects.

You have no idea of the battle going on with me and this program and the forum. I realize now that I was absolutely drawn here for the purpose of quitting smoking, with other helpful subs being the perks of hanging out. In a sense, my subconscious was much more wise than the conscious me when it came to how I'd be able to stop smoking permanently. And actually, that's probably true for most things. But just because it knew it, didn't mean it liked it! haha

One of the biggest reasons I stayed with it was the people that belong to this forum. They were much of my coping and my diversion from myself.

Anyway, thanks again! I'm happy that you came up with a way to help more people because of my insistence that I couldn't happily be a non-smoker....or something like that lol

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 09-29-2013

(09-28-2013, 11:40 AM)Fonzy3 Wrote: Appreciate the update Patti, just know that your progress has motivated me to inform others about the Stop Smoking forever sub. I'm sure it will help them immensely.

Thanks

Fonzy

You're welcome Fonzy! And if that does transpire and any of those people need to talk to someone while using the program, I would more than happy to listen to them and try to help them through it.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - FREAK4LIFE - 09-30-2013

(09-29-2013, 08:11 PM)Patti Wrote:
(09-28-2013, 11:40 AM)Fonzy3 Wrote: Appreciate the update Patti, just know that your progress has motivated me to inform others about the Stop Smoking forever sub. I'm sure it will help them immensely.

Thanks

Fonzy

You're welcome Fonzy! And if that does transpire and any of those people need to talk to someone while using the program, I would more than happy to listen to them and try to help them through it.

Hey patti, how many hours were you able to manage using the sub for?
Just curious to know. Can I also know how many cigarettes a day you were smoking in a day?

I have been using it for 5 days now and the number of cigarettes have sorta gone down but the cravings are still there.

My mood has sorta improved as well. I was going through a major slumpy phase but have come out of it a bit.

Your insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Does it get better?

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 10-01-2013

(09-30-2013, 05:59 AM)FREAK4LIFE Wrote:

Thanks

Fonzy

Just curious to know. Can I also know how many cigarettes a day you were smoking in a day?

I have been using it for 5 days now and the number of cigarettes have sorta gone down but the cravings are still there.

My mood has sorta improved as well. I was going through a major slumpy phase but have come out of it a bit.

Does it get better?

Hiya,

I think you're using the newest single stage program, whereas I used the 6 stage. I don't know if that will make any difference but I wanted to mention it. I think from what I remember reading, that the one you're using is stronger but I'm not sure of that. But being a single stage, I would think that you listen until you stop smoking, how ever long that is. One suggestion I would make, is there may or may not come a time when you feel it's not working or nothing is happening and want to stop listening. Do not stop! This may be the most important time to listen, try to listen even more.

I smoked for about 30 years, on and off. I would smoke about a pack a day, some days more, some days less.

I pushed the limits with this sub because I really needed it to work and to give it my best shot. Because it was a six stage, the only thing that I did that wasn't pushing it, was that I did only listen to each stage for 32 days. My subs are always playing in my bedroom (ultrasonic), so whenever I'm in my room,(mostly at night) I get exposure. But with the smoking sub, it was also playing on my laptop in the kitchen/family room area all day.

I'm not gonna lie, it was a rough road for me but I think everyone needs to factor things in for each individual smoker.

1) Your age
2) How long you've smoked
3) How much you smoked

Things like that. There's other factors too, but they all just factor in to how long it may take you to quit, not if you're going to quit or not. As for me, my smoking was very much a part of every single emotion I had. If I was sad, I smoked, if I was happy, I smoked and everything in-between.

The only thing that I did that I don't think I would do over, is force the stop time. I wanted to stop on a certain day to help me remember but in doing so, it was very forced and I probably made things much worse for myself. So I would suggest to just let it happen...it will! Try not to notice how much less your smoking. I do know how hard that is to do but if you just relax and let it do it's thing, it will be better for you. Maybe set some goal like in 4 or 5 months if you haven't stopped, and you feel you're doing everything right, let Shannon know. Because I think you should know by then with the one you're listening to.

I had one occurrence that happened within the last 3 weeks, where I was more angry than I think I've ever been in my life. I'm not really an angry person and don't like or feel this is a very productive emotion. But I was mad as hell that day! And the good news is that the only reason a cigarette came to my mind, was because I was amazed that I didn't need or want one. Check anger off my emotion list that I got through without smoking lol. Thanks Shannon!

Yes, yes, yes.....it gets better! I promise! Good luck but you won't need it!

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 10-04-2013

(09-30-2013, 05:59 AM)FREAK4LIFE Wrote:

Thanks

Fonzy

Does it get better?

Freak, if you read the instructions, you know the following.

1. The program is designed for use over 6 MONTHS. If you're only 5 days in, seeing a reduction in cigarette consumption is great!

2. You should smoke as desired while using the program. DO NOT try to force it, or have a "quit date". The program is designed as a gradual release, and relies on the lack of stress this allows you to experience to help you quit as quickly as possible. Stressors trigger the desire to smoke - so don't artificially stress yourself by trying to force it. The program will do everything for you, at the rate of speed at which your unique body, mind and emotions are best able to cope with the change.

Don't try to hold yourself to any expectations of how fast you will quit. Everyone quits at their own pace. Just because it took Patti as long as it did, does not mean it will take anyone else that long. Just because it was as difficult for her as it was, does not mean others will find it that difficult. And I disagree with her assessment of being part of a 10% of the population who will have as difficult a time quitting. I think she represents part of a very, very small group, which would be from 2% to less than 1% of the overall population.

Just relax, let the program do it's thing, and go about your life. Smoke as desired while you use the program, and allow it to gently bring you down from smoking. It will take time. Some people need more time than others. Just be okay with whatever your personal needs and responses are, and allow the program to do it's thing. Use it for six months straight, and then assess your situation.

Stressing about it makes it take longer.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 10-07-2013

Shannon, I swear sometimes you just like to disagree with me…jsmh! lol Anyway, we’re not all that far off in percentages really. I don’t know how many people you know in the smoking realm, but I know tons. All I meant was that I was a very small percentage in the way quitting affected me. So basically, we said the same thing. But, what I do want to mention, which was part of my percentage equation lol, was that I wasn’t just speaking for those trying to quit but also for the ones that already have quit. And I included this/them because it’s the way I was every other time I quit….but not anymore! I know many people who have quit for years and will say to me, I could pick up a cigarette at any minute and start resmoking again. Or the ones that say, I quit smoking for (blank) years but I miss it every single day!

I was just at my neighbor granddaughters 1st birthday party yesterday. Both her and her husband were heavy smokers. Her husband passed away 7 years ago from lung cancer. Sept. 11th is his birthday and she wanted to do something to honor him. She said, “I couldn’t quit while he was going through it because it was just too stressful.” So I thought I do it on his birthday (which was very soon after his death), so she's quit 7 years ago. Then she said: I still have half of my last cigarette in the garage. If I every feel the need, I just go out and smell it and then I’m ok.

The last thing that I want to do is go out on the porch and sniff my kids ashtrays! And this is the point I’m trying to make. Even though people APPEAR to be fine with quitting, it’s internally eating some of them up!

But Freak, I promise you from one ex-smoker to one who will be, you will NOT have any of these issues!

OK Shannnon? Wink Checkmate!