Subliminal Talk
Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 (/Thread-Smoking-sub-take-3-HST-take-1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Sean - 12-17-2012

Patti, people have been raving about Gratitude in its current version. Even if Shannon doesn't update it, you should use it after SSF.

As far as the emotions, remember that you've been using cigarettes as a dam to hold back the emotions that you didn't want to handle, and it may seem like a lot to handle, but it will taper off, and you'll be fine. You've done SO WELL handling it so far, I'm sure you'll make it.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 12-18-2012

I am planning to do away with 3rd Generation entirely, and theoretically this should be easy, but every time I turn around I am being forced off track by unexpected factors and considerations. So yes, it will be upgraded, whenever I get there. But as Sean says, it's pretty awesome in it's current incarnation.

One thing I have to caution you about is that gratitude by itself tends to cause you to feel good... I love it, but it's known for killing motivation. If that would at all be a threat to your non-smoker-dom, don't use it.

I'm thinking a big part of your fear of giving up cigarettes may have been exactly this issue with emotions, and not knowing how to handle them. Learning how to handle and cope with them is going to be awesomely good for your emotional health.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 12-18-2012

I feel like lately the universe is throwing my constant curve balls that are smacking me right in the gut. First a major kid problem, then a catastrophe in my surrounding area, then another major kid issue, then a tragedy that I can’t even begin to comprehend and then today, not 1 but 2 kids major major problems. I am seriously struggling. I know there’s never a good time for me to quit smoking, but this is the pits!

One of the things I believe the sub wants me to address is taking on my kids sand the worlds problems. I am a very empathetic person and the problem I have is that I like that about myself but in the same sense I absorb too much of everyone else’s pain and suffering.

For instance, last night I raised the volume from 50% to 100%, to possibly stir things up some as far as the smoking goes (I’m a little bored with the program itself) and also because I want to make sure I’m getting the most out of this run through because I’m not doing it again. Well, all that seemed to happen was that I kept waking up and every time I did, I was dreaming of the CT tragedy over and over. So I don’t think raising the volume did anything productive for me, and I’m gonna try 75% tonight.

I also know that I have to lose the need for control. I know I have it and for the most part can even guess why. But I have no idea how to leave it behind. People always says that kind of stuff, just let it go, but never tell how to do that. Maybe the sub will just work on those issues for me.

It’s been a very very heavy hearted month!

Shannon, do you have any suggestions as to what you think I should use after this program? Something on the lighter and fluffy side? Or would you suggest adding the motivation sub to the gratitude sub?

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 12-19-2012

I suggest that 100% worked, because it got a result. It magnified the "answer". And the louder you play it, the more aggressively it will impact you. I say, keep going and see what happens instead of giving up so soon.

Interesting that you were thinking of that as a response to increasing the volume of the SSF program.

I think after this program you should immediately run Overcoming Fear, or Overcoming Guilt, Shame and Fear, depending on which you think best fits.If you want to run Gratitude, add that to OF, but don't go without running OF. I'm using OF now, and I have to tell you, it's awesome.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 12-27-2012

I am coming through the other end of this program. I haven’t really had any wants or even thought about smoking all that much. If I had, it was only because someone else was smoking. But for the most part, I think it’s helping me a ton right now. I don’t even have that I could sit down at any time and smoke, that thought actually makes me a little sick.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to enjoy it all that much because I’ve been so sick. I have reoccurring pain and nausea that seem to come for unknown reasons. I’ve had various test run through the years and nothing has been found to cause the pain. It’s something I wake up with every day. I was taking Lexapro as the doctors deemed it anxiety, and the fact that it started during one of the times I quit smoking, I thought maybe they were right. But I can’t take Lexapro anymore because they came out with a generic and now the insurance won’t pay for the Lexapro which is $280 for a month. The generic is only $10 but causes side effects and doesn’t work, so here I am, deciding whether to go to the ER (my doctor left the office, so I’d have to start all over with a new dr) and have them tell me they can’t find anything or just suffer on a daily basis. I feel so bad for my husband, because I feel like such a burden and he already has so much on his plate.

I think I desperately need a sub for worrying, even if I can be rid of it, maybe just to be able to deal with it.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Sean - 12-28-2012

Patti, my gut reaction says to try Maximum Healing Speed.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 12-28-2012

(12-28-2012, 12:23 AM)Sean Wrote: Patti, my gut reaction says to try Maximum Healing Speed.

I’d like to try that Sean. I’m at the end of the 4th stage of stop smoking. Do you think it’s ok to stop and use healing and then go back to it? I'm so sick of being sick...

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Sean - 12-28-2012

Sorry, no. All staged programs need to be run through to their conclusion.

Stick it out, and finish the plan. I don't know what the last two stages are for, but knowing Shannon, they're integral, and they'll ensure you don't go back to the coffin nails later.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 12-28-2012

!!!!!!!

Patti, if you stop that program before it's finished, I'll send you a bill for the $2,500 it would have cost anyone else. Don't you DARE stop that program until it's finished.

We will deal with this one thing at a time. Don't worry, I know it sucks, but trust me, you need to do these the right way and in the right order. I've got you on both of these. Just bear with me.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Elusive - 12-29-2012

Patti Wrote:I have reoccurring pain and nausea that seem to come for unknown reasons.
I think that something is trying to distract you from finishing the program and doing so by fighting dirty. Whatever it is, it's cornered now. All you need for the finishing blow is those last stages.

Stay your course Patty and keep fighting.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Patti - 01-01-2013

How does one register for the new store? Ordered subs but have no idea how to download.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - RoaringLion - 01-01-2013

You can't at the moment. You'll have to download through the links that are emailed to you.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Shannon - 01-01-2013

Andrew is on it.

RE: Smoking sub-take 3-HST-take 1 - Andrew - 01-01-2013

Just PM/Email/IM, however you can get your order details to me and I'll investigate. Standard procedure is to click the download links contained in the email that is sent to you or after you are returned to the store. But if that is not happening just get ahold of me outside the forum Smile