Subliminal Talk
Sleep - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Frequently Asked Questions & Resources (FAQ) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Resources-FAQ)
+--- Thread: Sleep (/Thread-Sleep)

Sleep - tinygargoyle - 07-19-2012

How effective is using subs with speakers while sleeping?

As the subs are becoming increasingly complex, and are relying on more stereo effects to increase the effectiveness, how much does the fact that most people move a lot during sleep affect this?

i.e. getting one or other side as mono, and sometimes inverted stereo effects.

RE: Sleep - tinygargoyle - 09-15-2012

How much do the 4g and onwards rely on stereo effects?

More specifically how much of the sub is lost if you sleep on your side?

RE: Sleep - Shannon - 09-15-2012

The complexity of the subs increasing does not cause more and more reliance on stereophonic effects. The complexity increase is primarily in scripting and build techniques.

Effectiveness through speakers depends on the positioning and direction of the stereos relative to the listener, the position of the listener's head and the stereo balance volume. Stereo inversion is not a factor and has no negative effect.

he ideal is a perfect opposition of the speakers and the ears each facing the speaker exactly. Ideal is rarely possible, which results in a degree of efficiency lost. That is why headphones show a noticeable improvement in results.

3g, 4g and 5g subs all rely on stereophonic audio to enhance the impact unless they are specially designed to play as monophonic, which is in some cases superior for unusual reasons. Where it makes sense to use stereophonic audio, it is always used.

Sleeping on your side will effectively produce a heavy dominance of one ear, instead of a balance of two. It is about like doing a 85/15 stereo balance while you are sleeping that way. But it is unusual for a person to sleep on their side all night long; people toss and turn as they sleep. I, for instance, prefer to fall asleep on my stomach, but I always wake up on my back.

RE: Sleep - tinygargoyle - 09-16-2012

Thanks.
I was afraid something like that.
I normally go to sleep on my side, and wake onmy side. (sometimes the same, sometimes diffferent)

RE: Sleep - blackwavy - 09-27-2012

(09-15-2012, 02:53 PM)Shannon Wrote: The complexity of the subs increasing does not cause more and more reliance on stereophonic effects. The complexity increase is primarily in scripting and build techniques.

Effectiveness through speakers depends on the positioning and direction of the stereos relative to the listener, the position of the listener's head and the stereo balance volume. Stereo inversion is not a factor and has no negative effect.

he ideal is a perfect opposition of the speakers and the ears each facing the speaker exactly. Ideal is rarely possible, which results in a degree of efficiency lost. That is why headphones show a noticeable improvement in results.

3g, 4g and 5g subs all rely on stereophonic audio to enhance the impact unless they are specially designed to play as monophonic, which is in some cases superior for unusual reasons. Where it makes sense to use stereophonic audio, it is always used.

Sleeping on your side will effectively produce a heavy dominance of one ear, instead of a balance of two. It is about like doing a 85/15 stereo balance while you are sleeping that way. But it is unusual for a person to sleep on their side all night long; people toss and turn as they sleep. I, for instance, prefer to fall asleep on my stomach, but I always wake up on my back.

Sleeping using headphones or having speakers while sleeping sideways, volume will still be greater in one ear.

You will be amazed on how most twist and turn during nightime while sleeping. It hard for me to remain on my back.

RE: Sleep - blackwavy - 09-27-2012

While sleeping, I wear earphones while listening ocean subliminals. I just started putting medical tape across my ear to secure them. If I'd thought of that earlier on, would have all if not most goals completed by now. I want longer durations, not 1-2 hours a day. Four tracks I listen to, each go in loop about 9-10x.

RE: Sleep - J. Jay - 09-27-2012

I have 2 speakers mounted on my bed posts behind me. The speakers are inverted and on on angle facing towards my head or close to it. Therefore the subs are coming from behind not in front.

Is this ok? I can clearly hear the trickling steam evenly from both directions of my head.

RE: Sleep - Shannon - 09-27-2012

(09-27-2012, 02:06 PM)J. Jay Wrote: I have 2 speakers mounted on my bed posts behind me. The speakers are inverted and on on angle facing towards my head or close to it. Therefore the subs are coming from behind not in front.

Is this ok? I can clearly hear the trickling steam evenly from both directions of my head.

It's fine. The more accurately stereophonic the reproduction, the better, but that will certainly work.