Subliminal Talk
ultrasonics on laptop - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Frequently Asked Questions & Resources (FAQ) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Resources-FAQ)
+--- Thread: ultrasonics on laptop (/Thread-ultrasonics-on-laptop)

ultrasonics on laptop - wcl1683 - 04-18-2012

Hi, I was just wondering if a laptop would be suitable for playing the ultrasonic versions of the subliminals ? I was going to buy a laptop anyway but having trouble finding sound frequencies for them. Also are laptops stereo or mono sound ?

RE: ultrasonics on laptop - Astrack - 04-25-2012

Hey I would like to add a question. Can one just listen to a masked version to see effect or the ultrasonic version is also necessary.

RE: ultrasonics on laptop - Tiesto - 04-25-2012

(04-18-2012, 12:47 PM)wcl1683 Wrote: Hi, I was just wondering if a laptop would be suitable for playing the ultrasonic versions of the subliminals ? I was going to buy a laptop anyway but having trouble finding sound frequencies for them. Also are laptops stereo or mono sound ?

If you could play those ultrasonic subs without any distortion then they're ok. I would rather get some decent speaker though if I were you. Just to be safe.

Laptop's speakers should be stereo, there are actually two speakers on both side.

RE: ultrasonics on laptop - Tiesto - 04-25-2012

(04-25-2012, 08:32 AM)Astrack Wrote: Can one just listen to a masked version to see effect

Yes definitely can. The masked version is just as effective as the ultrasonic.

Although from what I understand the ultrasonic is more versatile, you could play it while watching a movie, listening to music, and doing other things.

While with the masked version if there are other sources of loud noises that covered up the audio, it might reduce the effectiveness.

RE: ultrasonics on laptop - loveall - 04-27-2012

I have Dell XPS Laptop it has got JBL speakers on both sides if i play mp3 music like songs so it gives very kool sound , so i was wondering if it is ok to play ultrasonic subs throughout night and keep it near me will it be effective way to listen all night??

as if i listen with headphones on ipod it gets lossend in night and i dont know when it gets entagled.

plzz guide

RE: ultrasonics on laptop - Javier Gerardo - 05-01-2012

It is best to know what are their exact Frequency Response. Shannon has specifically noted that it should be capable of at least 20khz if you are going to play the Ultrasonic Version.

RE: ultrasonics on laptop - Shannon - 05-01-2012

Loveall, if you don't hear static when you play an ultrasonic on your laptop... if it's silent or sounds like a high pitched whine (like an old TV) only, it's fine. Just adjust the volume properly.

RE: ultrasonics on laptop - tinygargoyle - 05-02-2012

Just found this link as many people want to know if their speakers are ok.
Rhintek Speaker test