Subliminal Talk
Path to Greatness - Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Path to Greatness - Journal (/Thread-Path-to-Greatness-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Path to Greatness - Journal - Javier Gerardo - 01-07-2013

(01-06-2013, 01:23 PM)K-Train Wrote:
(01-06-2013, 07:25 AM)Javier Gerardo Wrote: (Anyway what is the big difference between Overcoming Guilt, Shame and Fear (4G/Type B) and Overcoming Fear Ver. 1.1?)

From what Shannon has said, OF is more focused on fear whereas OGSF is designed to address a "web" of issues. So for instance, if you're the type of person who holds onto guilt or shame then OGSF would be better suited because it would disconnect you from those toxic and limiting emotions. From what I've read from your posts, especially those concerning women and approaching, I think OGSF would help the most but the final decision is of course yours.

(01-06-2013, 02:16 PM)Shannon Wrote: What's so hard about understanding the difference between OGSF and OF? The difference is that one addresses guilt and shame simultaneously to fear, and one does not.

In your case, Tiesto, I'd say OGSF is much more likely to be useful to you, and that happiness and joy is only going to make you content without improvement.

Okay I'll be getting the OGSF. Thanks for the warning with Happiness and Joy, Shannon. I never thought that improvement comes latter if I use it.
By the way Shannon, can I still use the old Alpha Male that I have? If I remember correctly, it is the version that is isn't safe to use with the women. I think that's the 2010 version. I'll use it first while I'm saving up for AM 5.0. Can I use the OGSF 4G while also using AM 2010 version?

RE: Path to Greatness - Journal - Shannon - 01-07-2013

The 2010 version should not be used around women, but you can certainly still use it and benefit. Remember that it was once the top of the line.

You should be able to use OGSF with AM 2010, but I cannot say how it will affect your results.

RE: Path to Greatness - Journal - K-Train - 01-07-2013

(01-06-2013, 09:43 PM)Shannon Wrote: Oh, didn't you know? I'm immune to guilt and shame. lol And I am shamelessly building all sorts of awesome stuff so that nobody who browses through the store can resist getting at least something.

So you're right. I am to blame. Too much awesomeness to choose from. What terrible first world problems. Big Grin

Aww crap, I completely forget about that! *Sigh* I suppose I have no choice but to watch as you fill the store with goodies. Tongue

And Javier, good luck man, I'm sure OGSF will be just the thing you need! I'm running Overcome Procrastination for the next month but after that I'll crank up OGSF. When do you plan on getting started?

RE: Path to Greatness - Journal - Javier Gerardo - 01-09-2013

(01-07-2013, 02:28 AM)Shannon Wrote: The 2010 version should not be used around women, but you can certainly still use it and benefit. Remember that it was once the top of the line.

You should be able to use OGSF with AM 2010, but I cannot say how it will affect your results.

That's good to know thanks!

(01-07-2013, 11:16 AM)K-Train Wrote:
(01-06-2013, 09:43 PM)Shannon Wrote: Oh, didn't you know? I'm immune to guilt and shame. lol And I am shamelessly building all sorts of awesome stuff so that nobody who browses through the store can resist getting at least something.

So you're right. I am to blame. Too much awesomeness to choose from. What terrible first world problems. Big Grin

Aww crap, I completely forget about that! *Sigh* I suppose I have no choice but to watch as you fill the store with goodies. Tongue

And Javier, good luck man, I'm sure OGSF will be just the thing you need! I'm running Overcome Procrastination for the next month but after that I'll crank up OGSF. When do you plan on getting started?

Thanks for the good luck.
I'll get it this week.

RE: Path to Greatness - Journal - Javier Gerardo - 01-20-2013

Got a busy past week.

I applied to numerous jobs and some are already close to getting me. I am really hoping that they can already provide me with a job offer. I am trying my very best as of the moment and living to the motto on my signature. We're all gonna make it brah! Big Grin

I have found out that recently I'm still getting frustrated and stressed out the fact that I'm getting old and unemployed. I still depend on my parents and sibling for all my financial needs. I will be meeting a close friend of mine soon and as much as I don't want to compare myself with some of them, I feel I am on the losing pile relationship and career wise. My dad said that even though I am still on the low point of life, my time will come. I'm just ranting out from time to time because I feel I am always at a low point in life. But I guess that depends on how I look at things.

RE: Path to Greatness - Journal - Shannon - 01-20-2013

Remember what I said before. All things happen in cycles.

Some cycles are faster than others. There are cycles in life that take 30 years to complete once, and even longer ones still.

The one that's a 30 year cycle has been tracking my personal progress really closely in terms of financial success. When it was at it's low point, I was not just broke, I was thousands of dollars in debt just to my mother. But I recognized that it was the low point, and that as the low point was passed, it would begin an upward swing. It wasn't long thereafter that I started this business, and have been riding that upward cycle ever since. In another 6 years it will peak for me, and I expect to achieve multi-millionaire before it finishes.

Your significant cycles may be different, and at a different place in play, but just keep in mind that the low point in cycle acts to clear away what needs clearing before the growth can begin. It sets up a foundation for you, and tempers you to have the strength to do what you need to do as your cycle starts to increase again. Painful, perhaps, but necessary. Much less painful when you recognize it for the gift in disguise that it actually is, and put it to good use strenghening yourself.

RE: Path to Greatness - Journal - Javier Gerardo - 01-25-2013

I get what you are saying man. The thing is, this tennis match in my head is killing me at times. Up to the point this week when I remembered a familiar feeling again. The feeling of giving up and wanting to commit suicide. This happens when I get to sink in too much in my thoughts especially nowadays when I have a lot of time in my hands for not having any job. This is why I think having a job is important to me.

I accidentally met friends of mine back in college recently. They're working for a good company and probably earning an excellent salary due to me seeing the stuff they own. They are both on the way for getting managerial positions. But the thing is when I ask them if it's nice to work where they are working they both laugh and said things that aren't good towards the company they work for. Their coworkers even added how it would be nice to work on your business or with the family business like me. They added that they also like the products we are selling. It is this time that made me realize that even those guys whom I think are successful want to be working on different careers. I'm lucky to have a family who can support me and provide me money during times like this. Helping on my family's business also gives me something to work on.

RE: Path to Greatness - Journal - Javier Gerardo - 02-05-2013

I don't know why but I'm kind of feeling more and more motivated as time passes by. I am slowly accomplishing more things rather than slacking of and doing leisure activities like video games. There are still days when I feel down, restless and talk shit about myself. But deep inside I believe I can do this. I've been through a lot and I don't want to give up now.

When I feel down I feel the constant anxiety over my age and still not accomplishing much. It takes time to get over this but fuck it I say to myself and instantly get my ass to moving forward and step all that self-pity.

Anyhow, a company is kind of on the verge of hiring me. So that's a good thing and I should be happy. I'm not totally celebrating though because it might be a false alarm and if that happens I might beat myself up again and feel that self-pity crap. Either way, I feel fine.

RE: Path to Greatness - Journal - Shannon - 02-05-2013

"What will move me toward my goals?"

It certainly isn't giving up. It's not surrender. It's not accepting failure. It's not being idle. It's not doing nothing.

The strongest steel is strong because of what it's made of, and the fact that it has been tempered. Tempering in humans is a process by which they are forced to gain strength or break through pressure. It is not a fun thing, but the strength it builds is very useful for achieving success.

RE: Path to Greatness - Journal - Javier Gerardo - 02-10-2013

(02-05-2013, 06:18 AM)Shannon Wrote: "What will move me toward my goals?"

It certainly isn't giving up. It's not surrender. It's not accepting failure. It's not being idle. It's not doing nothing.

I've been asking that too many times lately. As a result I do things that will make me achieve these goals. It's about time I make them my habits.

(02-05-2013, 06:18 AM)Shannon Wrote: The strongest steel is strong because of what it's made of, and the fact that it has been tempered. Tempering in humans is a process by which they are forced to gain strength or break through pressure. It is not a fun thing, but the strength it builds is very useful for achieving success.

Good to know that all the process I'm undertaking is helping me a lot.

Anyway, I want to share a dream I had last night. The parts I remembered are only patches but they still make a point in some way.

In my dream I was probably in a social venue like a bar or club. I was with people I know. One guy specifically stands out from them. He kind of looks like the guy I know back in college who seem pretty cool, handsome, girls like him etc. In that place he also shows a positive body language, kind of like an alpha. Then I confronted him up to the point where I verbally abused him which is weird why I would do something like that. After that his face began to change and started to look like me. I don't look exactly like him but there's a similarity.

At this time I feel I did that because I am trying to let go of my former self? Or my other self who doesn't want to change at all wants to fight me from undergoing a change? Or was I just being angry at myself?

RE: Path to Greatness - Journal - Javier Gerardo - 02-24-2013

Hey guys its been a while.

I'd like to share another dream I had last night. I was in my high school being a high school student again. The only difference this time was most of my classmates were ignoring me every time I had a chance to speak up. They are also teasing me or criticizing me physically and psychologically. I was being offended so I just ignored them. It was weird because I didn't challenge them to a fight for such which is probably what I did back in high school. i tend to stay quiet and out of trouble.

If I wil interpret this dream, my main concern is that I probably think that others still view me as an inferior individual. I know I have gotten past many stages of my low self esteem and self confidence but there is still here within me who doesn't want me to fully succeed. Inside me who wants me to just stay inside my comfort zone and enough of this self improvement / taking risks stuff.

RE: Path to Greatness - Journal - Shannon - 02-25-2013

Javier, do you suppose that the journey isn't scary in some way for all of us? I know it scares the hell out of me some days. I don't know a man alive who doesn't experience fear at accomplishing, or trying to accomplish, some goal or other. But you can't overcome it by hiding from it. I'm facing some things right now that scare me to death. Partly because I am pushing myself every day to face them.

Come the end of the day, if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten. So you take the tools you have available to you, and you use them to your best ability, and you get it done. Maybe you have to take baby steps sometimes, but you do need to always be moving forward.

RE: Path to Greatness - Journal - Javier Gerardo - 02-25-2013

Yes man that is why I'm still pushing my way everyday. It all comes down to my fears man and I'm solving it right now.

I finally was accepted for a job and I'm starting soon. It took me a while to get it and I know looking back I saw all my drama here to the point of almost giving up. But you guys were supportive especially you, Shannon. The salary was lower than my previous but I believe the job has a room for career improvement. I also hope that this time I get along well with my boss. I didn't get along fine with my previous and that was one of the main reasons why I loss the job.

Another thing also I approached a girl while waiting for a public transportation. We talked for a bit and I instantly felt a connection. I flirted, she laughs at my jokes etc. I got her number before we parted. I never thought she'll give it because I felt awkward and my heart rate was up. We went out this weekend. She said she enjoyed it and I was happy as fuck. This was like my first date in years. The only problem was I asked her out again this coming weekend but she said no because she has to do something. After that I get quite depressed and even thought where I have gone wrong. But at the end of the day I believe I should be effing proud of myself for being able to approach a girl, get her number and have a date. That's like a big step for me.

Thanks a lot to you guys especially to Shannon for always being there for me.
BTW though will it be beneficial for me to use Overcoming Guilt, Shame and Fear first before using Alpha Male 5.0? Or is the OGSF already included in Alpha Male 5.0?

For the record right now I'm still using Absolute Self Confidence 5G for like 5 months already? LOL!

RE: Path to Greatness - Journal - Shannon - 02-25-2013

Congrats! It's not easy to get to a date for a man, who is expected to assume all the risk and take all the action to make things happen. Don't take it hard if she says no for a second date. Just ask if she'd like to go out again, and if that time isn't convenient, when is?

As for AM 5, it doesn't have OGSF in it. You can use it before hand, or you can use it from Stage 4 onward. I suggest you would probably do better using OGSF right now, for a few months.