Subliminal Talk
NOMAD's UMSv2 Review - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome! (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Welcome)
+--- Forum: Subliminal Reviews (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Subliminal-Reviews)
+--- Thread: NOMAD's UMSv2 Review (/Thread-NOMAD-s-UMSv2-Review)

NOMAD's UMSv2 Review - NOMAD - 03-10-2023

I've been running UMSv2 for ~18months. The effects were subtle, but immediate, mainly in the sense that In knew I was changing.

Some notables:

Within 6 months, a key person within the organization quit. Because of this, I had an opportunity to step into a position that was a paygrade above where I was. I accepted. I was scared, but I did it anyway. I loved it. My stress levels increased, but so did my knowledge, and ultimately, my confidence.

A few moths later, I took a job with another company. It was a lateral move, but I sensed the opportunity for growth, so I took it. I was already at the top of my pay bracket and knew that I needed to expand if I wanted to raise my ceiling. I was also unhappy b/c I felt like I had tremendous untapped potential.

A month after I started with the new company, the gentleman in the office next to me quit. So, not only did I have to adapt to my new position and learn the standard expectations of my new client, I had to tackle ~3x what would've been my normal workload (the guy that quit was a key team member). UMSv2 drove me to the point that I was able to pull it off. It was painful, it was exhausting, but I did it.

About 3 months into my new job, another key member (even further up the ladder) quit (notice a pattern…awful coincidental…). The CEO approached me about an interim position. I accepted. I was unqualified and scared shitless. But, UMSv2 had my back. The interim position developed into a permanent role.

Today, I report directly to the CEO. I recently had a performance evaluation (after 6 months with the company) where I was told that most people wouldn't have survived the “hot grease on fire” that that threw me into. I believe that. There have been numerous sleepless nights. I've stepped into and owned middle management. I can laugh with the people I work with and discipline them in the next breath. I've become dynamic. I can be a friend and I can be ruthless. Most importantly, I dare say that I'm beginning to enjoy my career.

So, without further adieu...

Q: Have I achieved UMS?

A: No.

Q: Am I on my way?

A: Yep

Q: MMMkayyy, what now then?

A: Maverick

Q: But if UMv2 is so great, then why switch?

A: Because UMSv2 has tackled the major hurdles I've faced in my career. Namely, I was severely unsatisfied. I've been promoted 2x in a year's time to a strata that I'm actually enjoying. It's stressful, but by and large, I REALLY like my work. It's almost as if I've found my calling. I like what I do. I like the people I work with. I report directly to the CEO. The 2nd in command is available when I need his guidance as well. It's pretty freakin' incredible. A year and a half ago, I wouldn't have been able to handle what I'm in the midst of now. UMSv2 built that framework.

Q: Would you ever consider a future version of UMS (i.e.6G).

A: Absolutely, if I feel the need. But we'll see where I land after an extensive run of Maverick.

RE: NOMAD's UMSv2 Review - Conqueror - 03-10-2023

(03-10-2023, 07:18 PM)NOMAD Wrote: I've been running UMSv2 for ~18months. The effects were subtle, but immediate, mainly in the sense that In knew I was changing.

Some notables:

Within 6 months, a key person within the organization quit. Because of this, I had an opportunity to step into a position that was a paygrade above where I was. I accepted. I was scared, but I did it anyway. I loved it. My stress levels increased, but so did my knowledge, and ultimately, my confidence.

A few moths later, I took a job with another company. It was a lateral move, but I sensed the opportunity for growth, so I took it. I was already at the top of my pay bracket and knew that I needed to expand if I wanted to raise my ceiling. I was also unhappy b/c I felt like I had tremendous untapped potential.

A month after I started with the new company, the gentleman in the office next to me quit. So, not only did I have to adapt to my new position and learn the standard expectations of my new client, I had to tackle ~3x what would've been my normal workload (the guy that quit was a key team member). UMSv2 drove me to the point that I was able to pull it off. It was painful, it was exhausting, but I did it.

About 3 months into my new job, another key member (even further up the ladder) quit (notice a pattern…awful coincidental…). The CEO approached me about an interim position. I accepted. I was unqualified and scared shitless. But, UMSv2 had my back. The interim position developed into a permanent role.

Today, I report directly to the CEO. I recently had a performance evaluation (after 6 months with the company) where I was told that most people wouldn't have survived the “hot grease on fire” that that threw me into. I believe that. There have been numerous sleepless nights. I've stepped into and owned middle management. I can laugh with the people I work with and discipline them in the next breath. I've become dynamic. I can be a friend and I can be ruthless. Most importantly, I dare say that I'm beginning to enjoy my career.

A: Because UMSv2 has tackled the major hurdles I've faced in my career. Namely, I was severely unsatisfied. I've been promoted 2x in a year's time to a strata that I'm actually enjoying. It's stressful, but by and large, I REALLY like my work. It's almost as if I've found my calling. I like what I do. I like the people I work with. I report directly to the CEO. The 2nd in command is available when I need his guidance as well. It's pretty freakin' incredible. A year and a half ago, I wouldn't have been able to handle what I'm in the midst of now. UMSv2 built that framework.

A: Absolutely, if I feel the need. But we'll see where I land after an extensive run of Maverick.

Wow that's incredible. Although you haven't achieved UMS yet, would you say you achieved your short-term goals financially (yearly goal)?

RE: NOMAD's UMSv2 Review - NOMAD - 03-11-2023

(03-10-2023, 10:32 PM)Conqueror Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 07:18 PM)NOMAD Wrote: I've been running UMSv2 for ~18months. The effects were subtle, but immediate, mainly in the sense that In knew I was changing.

Some notables:

Wow that's incredible. Although you haven't achieved UMS yet, would you say you achieved your short-term goals financially (yearly goal)?

I pulled myself out of a hole then paid myself back for some failed crypto investments. That's pretty noteworthy considering where I was and how much I lost.

I didn't set yearly goals. I've taken a "the sky is the limit" approach. When opportunities presented themselves,  I recognized them for what they were, I made the moves, and I focused on success inside of each opportunity. 

Where UMSv2 really shined for me is the underlying self development that got me to this point.

RE: NOMAD's UMSv2 Review - dragonslayer - 04-30-2023

Some notables:

Hi @NOMAD thank you for your UMSV2 review. 

I gave you a +1.

Your posts on UMSV2 in Shannon's Discussion Journal was one of the reasons why I've been sticking to UMSV2 especially how you notice the subtle changes this sub has been doing. 

I like how UMSV2 has been helping you notice and seize opportunities and how you notice your progress.

I think you didn't post a forum journal on UMSV2, but did you keep a private journal to help you notice your progress?

I'm finishing up my 2nd run and will start my 3rd run this coming Wednesday.

RE: NOMAD's UMSv2 Review - NOMAD - 04-30-2023

(04-30-2023, 11:30 AM)dragonslayer Wrote:

Some notables:

Hi @NOMAD thank you for your UMSV2 review. 

I gave you a +1.

Your posts on UMSV2 in Shannon's Discussion Journal was one of the reasons why I've been sticking to UMSV2 especially how you notice the subtle changes this sub has been doing. 

I like how UMSV2 has been helping you notice and seize opportunities and how you notice your progress.

I think you didn't post a forum journal on UMSV2, but did you keep a private journal to help you notice your progress?

I'm finishing up my 2nd run and will start my 3rd run this coming Wednesday.

Yes,  I've kept a private journal. I inadvertently overwrote it but I kept one. 

But even if I hadn't,  the opportunities were undeniable.