Subliminal Talk
A Pause to Refresh with ASC 5G - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: A Pause to Refresh with ASC 5G (/Thread-A-Pause-to-Refresh-with-ASC-5G)

A Pause to Refresh with ASC 5G - ReconGunner - 01-02-2023

At midnight, New Years' Eve, I put ASC 5G on perpetual loop. It's running in my bedroom, so the only exposure I will get is while I am in that room. That will be at the lower end of the recommended 6-21 hours per day exposure.
I'm running ASC 5g because it's free. I didn't get quite enough money over the holidays for a 5.8G or higher product, but I'm close enough that I don't want to spend any of it on a 5.7xG, or commit myself to a run of EPRHA v5. And I need to set aside USLM v4.2 after running it back-to-back with mixed and low-to-moderate results. So it's ASC 5G until I get the rest of the money for a 5.8G or I get an urge to do something else.
I will journal here intermittently when I notice any effects from ASC. So far, a little over a day in, I find myself slightly less inhibited in conversation. I'm not worried about offending anyone, and at the same time it doesn't bother me to be considerate, either - the latter doesn't feel like a weakness.
More as it happens.

RE: A Pause to Refresh with ASC 5G - GreekGod22 - 01-02-2023

How come you quit UMSv2? It's a sub that requires a dedication of at least a year long.

RE: A Pause to Refresh with ASC 5G - ReconGunner - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 10:21 AM)GreekGod22 Wrote: How come you quit UMSv2? It's a sub that requires a dedication of at least a year long.

I wasn't running UMSv2. I was running USLMv4.2. UMSv2 is on my list of "when I can afford it I'll commit to it".

RE: A Pause to Refresh with ASC 5G - ReconGunner - 01-16-2023

A little over two weeks in.

I have been dealing with an acute medical issue the last two weeks, and as it slowly improves I am not distressed about the eventual outcome. So, definite confidence there while I continue recovering.

RE: A Pause to Refresh with ASC 5G - Qiel - 01-17-2023

(01-02-2023, 08:01 AM)ReconGunner Wrote: At midnight, New Years' Eve, I put ASC 5G on perpetual loop. It's running in my bedroom, so the only exposure I will get is while I am in that room. That will be at the lower end of the recommended 6-21 hours per day exposure.
I'm running ASC 5g because it's free. I didn't get quite enough money over the holidays for a 5.8G or higher product, but I'm close enough that I don't want to spend any of it on a 5.7xG, or commit myself to a run of EPRHA v5. And I need to set aside USLM v4.2 after running it back-to-back with mixed and low-to-moderate results. So it's ASC 5G until I get the rest of the money for a 5.8G or I get an urge to do something else.
I will journal here intermittently when I notice any effects from ASC. So far, a little over a day in, I find myself slightly less inhibited in conversation. I'm not worried about offending anyone, and at the same time it doesn't bother me to be considerate, either - the latter doesn't feel like a weakness.
More as it happens.

At that time, I bought UMSv2 using loan money. Two cycle later, my salary rise up to five times and the subs paid itself. My pattern is stage 1-2-3-1-2-3-4. Now I'm running X4A just for fun, because while using UMS everybody fear me but need me at the same time so the business can keep rolling, now that I have enough confidence with my capacity and capability to make enough money (not yet that I would say rich, but way way better than before running UMSv2), I now choose to have some fun with X4A.

BUT, in six month I'll be back using UMSv2 because that subs is one hell of a ride. My mental way more superior than I'm year ago and my wishlist are accomplished one by one. That's why if I could give some advice, keep running USLMv4.2, I'm also used that subs before UMSv2 come out, at that time my goal using USLMv2 is so I could afford UMSv2. Well I said I'm using loan money but at that time the price still using introductory price. All paid good. 

Keep up man. Hope you big luck!

RE: A Pause to Refresh with ASC 5G - ReconGunner - 01-17-2023

(01-17-2023, 05:35 AM)Qiel Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 08:01 AM)ReconGunner Wrote: At midnight, New Years' Eve, I put ASC 5G on perpetual loop. It's running in my bedroom, so the only exposure I will get is while I am in that room. That will be at the lower end of the recommended 6-21 hours per day exposure.
More as it happens.

At that time, I bought UMSv2 using loan money. Two cycle later, my salary rise up to five times and the subs paid itself. My pattern is stage 1-2-3-1-2-3-4. Now I'm running X4A just for fun, because while using UMS everybody fear me but need me at the same time so the business can keep rolling, now that I have enough confidence with my capacity and capability to make enough money (not yet that I would say rich, but way way better than before running UMSv2), I now choose to have some fun with X4A.

BUT, in six month I'll be back using UMSv2 because that subs is one hell of a ride. My mental way more superior than I'm year ago and my wishlist are accomplished one by one. That's why if I could give some advice, keep running USLMv4.2, I'm also used that subs before UMSv2 come out, at that time my goal using USLMv2 is so I could afford UMSv2. Well I said I'm using loan money but at that time the price still using introductory price. All paid good. 

Keep up man. Hope you big luck!

Thanks!

Right now I'm cycling through possible ways to get a more current sub going. My biggest financial challenge at the moment is that almost all of my resources, including credit, are tapped out. I have one or two options that I simply need to pursue that would get me the rest of the funds I need to buy the next sub.

Physical issues, albeit relatively moderate ones, are at the forefront of my concerns these days. And as I noted elsewhere, GEHO is a better fit for my current schedule than UH; those are the two top candidates for next sub.

RE: A Pause to Refresh with ASC 5G - ReconGunner - 01-19-2023

So I discovered that, due to a bug in my macro, I was only getting half of the exposure I thought I was. Simple bug, simple fix. Let's see how it goes now.

RE: A Pause to Refresh with ASC 5G - ReconGunner - 01-25-2023

Almost a week since I found and fixed the error.

I was able to broach a delicate subject with my wife without wimping out, or starting a fight. She agreed to consider my position on the subject.

I also pinned my boss down about him pulling the trigger on naming team leads. He agreed to commit to making it happen, so as of March 1 I will be one of two co-team leads. There's some salary increase associated with the position, amount unknown.

Seemingly minor, but not really minor. ASC is delivering!

RE: A Pause to Refresh with ASC 5G - ReconGunner - 02-09-2023

Found another error. Short version, for a few days the loop was restarting halfway through. Not a problem with the file, but with my macro. Fixed that one, too.

Several days since, and I'm on an even keel in every area of my life. Still dealing with the medical issue I mentioned upthread. Still optimistic; even though recovery is slower than I expected, progress is still happening.

And I pulled the trigger on an option that will definitely deliver enough funds for the next sub. Still leaning heavily towards GEHO for the reasons I gave upthread. UH is tempting because of the medical issue, though.

RE: A Pause to Refresh with ASC 5G - ReconGunner - 02-22-2023

Wrapping this one up. Overall, I'd call it a positive experience. Definitely looking forward to the 6G version. But I'm ready for the next sub, which I will start March 1. And that sub will be...

EHPRA v5

First, FindingMe's E5 journal reminded me of how well it worked for me. Second, I remembered that my wife wasn't getting a "me too" exposure when I ran E5 before. And third, my financial situation still hasn't resolved itself such that I can buy a new sub from my interest list, unless it would be UD. E5 will be more effective in the mental arena, and I will be more likely to be able to afford one of the other subs on my interest list later this year.

RE: A Pause to Refresh with ASC 5G - findingme - 02-23-2023

ReconGunner,

I read your post this morning about planning on going back to E5. That's so cool. I miss a lot of posts since I'm the only one reporting on E5, but I'm grateful I checked your thread this morning.

And since I began writing, I'm going to go make a journal post now.