Subliminal Talk
Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Aces High: A Maverick Journal (/Thread-Aces-High-A-Maverick-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - KingDavid93 - 07-27-2023

@Duke.Togo

How are you playing Maverick?

Are you listening on your phones speakers or using earbuds?

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Duke.Togo - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 07:22 AM)KingDavid93 Wrote: @Duke.Togo

How are you playing Maverick?

Are you listening on your phones speakers or using earbuds?

I use Sennheiser headphones directly jacked into my phone or my computer and listen to it that way.  I don't use the phone speakers.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Duke.Togo - 07-29-2023

Posted this on Ampers journal, and will link it here, for anyone else at this point in the Maverick journey.

https://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-I-m-a-peacock-you-gotta-let-me-fly-Maverick-Journal-2023?pid=260844#pid260844

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Duke.Togo - 08-14-2023

Currently listening to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JNmz17gnMw

This is going to be my last posting on Maverick on this journal. I kept this journal for most of you who have decided to take the Maverick journey and provide you some feedback on the road ahead. As most of you are either on your 6th month or close to it, this will probably be the end of the line for a lot of you.

The reactions to Maverick have been all over the board, based on where people are in their journeys and what they're doing. So I wanted to take a moment to cover some of the good, the bad, the ugly, and the downright insane that I experienced with Maverick. I'm currently on my 11th month of use now, bordering on 12th. If I include the time off I have taken every three months, I've been on Maverick for well over a year now.

Let's start with some of the bad, because a lot of you are in this part of the journey with Maverick.

The song I selected for my posting today is Polyphia's Ego Death. I think you guys can already see where this is going...

Many of you have lost your purpose, or so you think. The reality is you're dealing with something known as the sunken cost fallacy. You spent a lot of time, money, and effort on goals you thought you wanted, and when you wake up one morning and realize that you don't want them anymore, you don't know how to get past that. You can say that you're waiting for Maverick to help you figure that out, but, Maverick's not going to do the work for you. If you suddenly don't understand the point and what you're doing, that's a key indicator for you to stop and go back to the drawing board and start fresh.

I said in my first posting that Maverick ain't easy. It will strip you to your core and then rebuild you from there, so that you reach your potential. Your potential isn't based on money, an algorithm, a job, or anything else. I love Hugh Hefner, he was a Maverick. He decided to start a nudie magazine which went against the grain of pretty much everything and turned that into an empire. He was a Maverick because he just did what he wanted to. Not because someone else told him that if you do this you can make money.

Most of you that are struggling haven't gotten out of your own way yet. I don't need to have long conversations with those of you who are at this point to know that. I think this is also why Shannon advised that you need to be at a point in your life where you can handle what Maverick is doing. So far, the one poster I have seen whose taken to Maverick like a fish to water is @NOMAD . Mainly because he just doesn't give a shit and he's not looking to hop over.

What I will say is that this stripping down is something I went through also. I had big lofty dreams only to wake up one morning and realize I could give two fucks about any of them anymore. What happened afterwards is I forced myself to start rethinking what I wanted, which is where Maverick began to blossom for me and showed it's true form.

The other post I have seen is how Maverick has made someone feel more primal. This is key with Maverick. It's not a spiritual sub, it's very much about the here and now. I posted this on my journal early on as well. Maverick forces you to deal with yourself, your body, your mortality, it tunes you so closely to yourself, you have an animal magnetism that slowly arises out of you. This is also what drives the women wild and literally throwing themselves at you. This also happens when you get out of your own head.

These points lead me to the good. When Maverick finally clicks, you're always in a zone. Your tolerance for bullshit becomes nil, you cut through all the fat and get straight to the heart of everything. Maverick in a way almost makes you someone that the vast majority of people end up fearing. Only because you no longer abide by the social constructs that people have put together. That doesn't mean you shit where you want and walk around naked, but, you're a step above it all. You're always walking right on the edge, and yet somehow able to do whatever you please. This transforms you and your relationships with people, be it your bosses, your friends, your lovers. The lone wolf comes out.

By the same token, this also puts all the power in your hands. It's more power than most people are aware of or even know what to do with.

I've said this before in other journals, but when you stop chasing, when you stop giving a shit, that's when things just happen for you. You stop chasing women and giving a shit about how you feel about them, suddenly they want you a whole hell of a lot more. You stop chasing money and the same fucking thing happens. Suddenly people start lining up outside your door and you get your options at everything.

Which leads me to the ugly. The ugly becomes the fact that you almost become nihilistic towards the world, because you understand the finality of it all. Maverick makes you face your mortality and there is a taste of the acrid that comes from it, especially when you understand life ain't a video game and you're running against a clock. The moments when I realized that were somewhere between my fourth and fifth month of use, and holy shit did it do a number on me. It's a hard pill to swallow facing that head on. There's no one who can help you through it, unless you dead uncle Buck comes out from the other side with a set of instructions on what to expect. That innate sense of fear of death has driven us to find purpose in our lives. When you get to the point where you realize that none of it really fucking matters cuz you're gonna die one day anyway, it will fuck with you in a way that you are not ready for.

This leads me to the downright insane. Facing all of these things, processing that, getting down to the salt of the earth is when the shackles that you've worn your whole life are finally unbound. That's when the insane results start to happen, because the reality is, you've got one shot at this life being you. Leaving reincarnation and other spiritual matters and beliefs aside, the practical is still you have one life. And when you realize all of this, you realize that you can either live your own legend or be a minor character in someone else's story.

This is the journey of a Maverick. The point is to live your own legend. Most of you have been, still are, and maybe even will continue to live someone else's story without even realizing that you're doing that. Don't. You need to take some responsibility for things and you need to follow through on what you want.

Maverick is about transformation. Transformation is an incredibly painful process - anyone remember puberty and growth spurts? It wasn't easy, and in many cases those growth pains hurt like a motherfucker. Why would this be any different?

I'll leave this post here. For those of you that understand and are able to get what I have tried to convey for the last few months; you'll understand what this all means. For the rest of you, this is probably the end of the road for you with Maverick. Take what you will from this and either forge your own legend or at least upgrade your role from minor character to supporting role. The choice is always yours.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - RTBoss - 08-15-2023

(08-14-2023, 04:18 PM)Duke.Togo Wrote: Currently listening to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JNmz17gnMw

This is going to be my last posting on Maverick on this journal.  I kept this journal for most of you who have decided to take the Maverick journey and provide you some feedback on the road ahead.  As most of you are either on your 6th month or close to it, this will probably be the end of the line for a lot of you. 

The reactions to Maverick have been all over the board, based on where people are in their journeys and what they're doing.  So I wanted to take a moment to cover some of the good, the bad, the ugly, and the downright insane that I experienced with Maverick.  I'm currently on my 11th month of use now, bordering on 12th.  If I include the time off I have taken every three months, I've been on Maverick for well over a year now.

Let's start with some of the bad, because a lot of you are in this part of the journey with Maverick. 

The song I selected for my posting today is Polyphia's Ego Death.  I think you guys can already see where this is going...

Many of you have lost your purpose, or so you think.  The reality is you're dealing with something known as the sunken cost fallacy.  You spent a lot of time, money, and effort on goals you thought you wanted, and when you wake up one morning and realize that you don't want them anymore, you don't know how to get past that.  You can say that you're waiting for Maverick to help you figure that out, but, Maverick's not going to do the work for you.  If you suddenly don't understand the point and what you're doing, that's a key indicator for you to stop and go back to the drawing board and start fresh. 

I said in my first posting that Maverick ain't easy.  It will strip you to your core and then rebuild you from there, so that you reach your potential.  Your potential isn't based on money, an algorithm, a job, or anything else.  I love Hugh Hefner, he was a Maverick.  He decided to start a nudie magazine which went against the grain of pretty much everything and turned that into an empire.  He was a Maverick because he just did what he wanted to.  Not because someone else told him that if you do this you can make money. 

Most of you that are struggling haven't gotten out of your own way yet.  I don't need to have long conversations with those of you who are at this point to know that.  I think this is also why Shannon advised that you need to be at a point in your life where you can handle what Maverick is doing.  So far, the one poster I have seen whose taken to Maverick like a fish to water is @NOMAD .  Mainly because he just doesn't give a shit and he's not looking to hop over.

What I will say is that this stripping down is something I went through also.  I had big lofty dreams only to wake up one morning and realize I could give two fucks about any of them anymore.  What happened afterwards is I forced myself to start rethinking what I wanted, which is where Maverick began to blossom for me and showed it's true form.

The other post I have seen is how Maverick has made someone feel more primal.  This is key with Maverick.  It's not a spiritual sub, it's very much about the here and now.  I posted this on my journal early on as well.  Maverick forces you to deal with yourself, your body, your mortality, it tunes you so closely to yourself, you have an animal magnetism that slowly arises out of you.  This is also what drives the women wild and literally throwing themselves at you.  This also happens when you get out of your own head.

These points lead me to the good.  When Maverick finally clicks, you're always in a zone.  Your tolerance for bullshit becomes nil, you cut through all the fat and get straight to the heart of everything.  Maverick in a way almost makes you someone that the vast majority of people end up fearing.  Only because you no longer abide by the social constructs that people have put together.  That doesn't mean you shit where you want and walk around naked, but, you're a step above it all.  You're always walking right on the edge, and yet somehow able to do whatever you please.  This transforms you and your relationships with people, be it your bosses, your friends, your lovers.  The lone wolf comes out. 

By the same token, this also puts all the power in your hands.  It's more power than most people are aware of or even know what to do with. 

I've said this before in other journals, but when you stop chasing, when you stop giving a shit, that's when things just happen for you.  You stop chasing women and giving a shit about how you feel about them, suddenly they want you a whole hell of a lot more.  You stop chasing money and the same fucking thing happens.  Suddenly people start lining up outside your door and you get your options at everything.

Which leads me to the ugly.  The ugly becomes the fact that you almost become nihilistic towards the world, because you understand the finality of it all.  Maverick makes you face your mortality and there is a taste of the acrid that comes from it, especially when you understand life ain't a video game and you're running against a clock.  The moments when I realized that were somewhere between my fourth and fifth month of use, and holy shit did it do a number on me.  It's a hard pill to swallow facing that head on.  There's no one who can help you through it, unless you dead uncle Buck comes out from the other side with a set of instructions on what to expect.  That innate sense of fear of death has driven us to find purpose in our lives.  When you get to the point where you realize that none of it really fucking matters cuz you're gonna die one day anyway, it will fuck with you in a way that you are not ready for.

This leads me to the downright insane.  Facing all of these things, processing that, getting down to the salt of the earth is when the shackles that you've worn your whole life are finally unbound.  That's when the insane results start to happen, because the reality is, you've got one shot at this life being you.  Leaving reincarnation and other spiritual matters and beliefs aside, the practical is still you have one life.  And when you realize all of this, you realize that you can either live your own legend or be a minor character in someone else's story.

This is the journey of a Maverick.  The point is to live your own legend.  Most of you have been, still are, and maybe even will continue to live someone else's story without even realizing that you're doing that.  Don't.  You need to take some responsibility for things and you need to follow through on what you want. 

Maverick is about transformation.  Transformation is an incredibly painful process - anyone remember puberty and growth spurts?  It wasn't easy, and in many cases those growth pains hurt like a motherfucker.  Why would this be any different? 

I'll leave this post here.  For those of you that understand and are able to get what I have tried to convey for the last few months; you'll understand what this all means.  For the rest of you, this is probably the end of the road for you with Maverick.  Take what you will from this and either forge your own legend or at least upgrade your role from minor character to supporting role.  The choice is always yours.

Drinks

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - thectexperience1 - 08-17-2023

Tremendous thread. Thanks so much for sharing
I suspect this isn't for me right now, because I'm invested in some things that I've wanted for some time that are now happening. I'm a believer in finishing what you start.
It seems perfect if you can sync it with those moments of life where you are already letting go and starting to feel out the next thing.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Superman - 08-17-2023

This is just my opinion so take it for what it is.

Every man on this forum needs to run Maverick, regardless of where you are or what’s happening in your life at the moment, and regardless of the “requirements” listed in the description page.

Scrape together the money and just do it and don’t look back. Commit to the program and don’t deviate.

However happy or free you think you are right now is nothing compared to what you’ll experience after a proper run of maverick.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - racktree - 08-18-2023

(08-17-2023, 07:36 PM)Superman Wrote: after a proper run of maverick.

This.
A proper run could be two complete 6-month listens or more for some. For some could be one.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - samba99 - 11-25-2023

Hi Duke,

Its been months, perhaps one more update from your side? For some lf us who continue the journey of Maverick.

I would appreciate it.

I can very much resemble the “being on speed” mind state. Very interesting indeed.

Regards