Subliminal Talk
Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Aces High: A Maverick Journal (/Thread-Aces-High-A-Maverick-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Duke.Togo - 05-27-2023

Sure, feel free to message me on DM's if you want to discuss privately.

That invitation is open to everyone on the forum who is either running Maverick already or are interested in some of the results that correlate to other users journals on the forum.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Duke.Togo - 06-09-2023

For all of you running Maverick, here's what you can expect for this month.

But before we get to that, a musical interlude first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiUlpuL3mao

Many of you may not be into this genre of music, and that's OK, but I think anyone running Maverick should go and read the lyrics to this track. It's one of my favorites, and it perfectly captures what happens in your fourth month of use. By the end of your third month, you all should have tasted some interesting victories in life. All the same, in your fourth month of use, you're going to be facing quite an emotional dichotomy.

You'll taste more success, and realize that you could give two fucks about it. Almost as if you become apathetic to the very thing you've probably chased all of your life.

Some of this will be very hard for you guys, it will be extremely challenging, however, the challenge will be very different than anything you've experienced with the sub up until now, and maybe ever in your life.

Ironically enough, you'll also find that your success quotient just keeps rising so rapidly it leaves everyone else in your life with whiplash.

I said this before, but this is the month where Maverick really starts to unfold. You begin to understand the process and how it is evolving in your life.

It's also in this month that the biggest misconception that many have about Maverick unveils itself. My initial reviews and commentary was all about how Maverick works for you to reach your full potential, which obviously translated to many of you as a work hard, play hard situation.

But what is your true potential really? Most would consider that to be reflected in how much money you make or the number of women you fuck.

And they would be wrong. Your true potential means you come to a point in life where you no longer chase anything. It's asking the question, what do you give the man who has everything?

That's the question that you will be attempting to answer for yourselves this month.

While this, again, seems completely contradictory to what Maverick is or was supposed to do, I liken this period and about half of next month, to a rubik's cube.

If no one has ever witnessed a Rubik's cube get solved, I suggest you watch some videos. It will help you understand what you're in for. And a picture's worth a thousand words.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Superman - 06-15-2023

Love the update, I’m a pretty big weeknd fan from since before he blew up so it’s not often that I find a song I haven’t heard before

Sent you a PM

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Ampersnd - 06-27-2023

I will reflect that I'm about 2 weeks into Month 4. Though I started to go down the track that you described - overall apathy - right now it feels like my inner self is slamming the gas pedal and the brakes at the same time.
I don't feel depressed or unwilling; I just feel stuck.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Duke.Togo - 06-28-2023

I saw your post.  In my opinion, you're starting to look at the sub and yourself for results.  Take a step back, forget about results or anything else, forget about the nagging doubts that come up and just move forward.  Don't actively get involved with your mind.  If you do that, those feelings will dissolve just as quickly as they come up and then you'll be free to move ahead as you please.  The moment you engage with yourself, that's when you lose, especially when the point of this sub is to move you past these issues. 

(06-27-2023, 05:02 PM)Ampersnd Wrote: I will reflect that I'm about 2 weeks into Month 4. Though I started to go down the track that you described - overall apathy - right now it feels like my inner self is slamming the gas pedal and the brakes at the same time.
I don't feel depressed or unwilling; I just feel stuck.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - thectexperience1 - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 09:35 AM)Duke.Togo Wrote: I saw your post.  In my opinion, you're starting to look at the sub and yourself for results.  Take a step back, forget about results or anything else, forget about the nagging doubts that come up and just move forward.  Don't actively get involved with your mind.  If you do that, those feelings will dissolve just as quickly as they come up and then you'll be free to move ahead as you please.  The moment you engage with yourself, that's when you lose, especially when the point of this sub is to move you past these issues. 

Very informative thread. Thank you.

Interested in this notion of engaging with yourself and getting involved with your own mind. On one hand, journalling and self-reflection is sometimes encouraged to in some way speed up or cement the work of the subs. On the other hand, there is a sense, for example with manifesting and physical change subs, that if you actively look for results you may end up stepping on your own toes.

What do you guys understand the right balance to be?

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Johannesbrst - 06-30-2023

Came to think about the way you have been reporting on Maverick when watching "Arnold" on Netflix, a 3-part documentary about his life and his success in three totally separate fields by following his own way and keeping focused on what he want to achieve. An interesting and inspiring watch.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - UniversalMan - 07-18-2023

Hi Duke, could you agree with the statement that Maverick centers the user?

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Duke.Togo - 07-19-2023

OK, I'm going to give everyone a quick update on what to expect now that most of the original users of Maverick are probably halfway through their 5th month of use and I'm also going to try to answer UniversalMan's question and hopefully set the record straight for everyone else using Maverick or interested in it. 

Let's start with the question of being centered.  

I've been on Maverick for almost a year now.  I'll say this as eloquently as possible and I mean no disrespect to anyone with this response, and especially not to UniversalMan who asked this question.  This is just me being very brutally honest here.  I have no idea what the fuck centeredness even means.  Now, let me put some context around why I say this.  

For anyone who has used Maverick and followed the instructions and also heeded my words regarding not trying to actively control the outcome of Maverick, you will have all realized that the concept of being centered is merely an ego stroke.  Why, because life is not a static movement, life is constantly evolving and shifting.  The point of Maverick is to reach your full potential, and the very definition of potential means having the capacity or ability to develop into something in the future. 

Now, for everyone whose actually rode this Maverick train for the last 5 and a half months, and others who are on this journey more recently, let me give you a peak behind the curtain where the wizard exists.  Potential, like tomorrow, doesn't really exist.  Yeah, I just pulled the rug on a lot of you with that statement, but, did I really... 

Tomorrow is something we're always reaching for, but it never comes because we live in the present and whatever tomorrow represents is what we have evolved into today.  You always live in today.  Potential is the same thing, that ability to develop into something is, you guessed it, who you are today.  Congratulations, you aren't striving to reach a potential for tomorrow, you're already evolved today.  And that's where those of you who were at it from the beginning should have realized by now or are probably in the process of realizing.  

Mavericks true goal is transformation.  Potential is an unrealized outcome that can happen.  Transformation is the end-state of that realized outcome.  When Shannon and I were speaking about how to best convey what Maverick is and how it works, we picked the easier concepts that those who were ready for Maverick could pick up and walk into the sub with.  But now that we're so many months ahead and enough people have been on Maverick, we can more accurately describe what the true objective of Maverick is.  

The dynamics of who you are becoming is what you already are now and what you are continuing to be.  The rate of change in your life is based on how quickly you are evolving and what you've become from what you were.  The beauty of yesterday is you have a piece of recorded history to reference.  Tomorrow does not offer that same opportunity.  

This is why I have told everyone who was running Maverick to also keep a private journal where you do write down the deeper thoughts and realizations, because based on how Maverick works, most of you wouldn't be posting the big shift movements on an online journal.  There's what you share on the forums and what you keep for yourself.  

One of the key points of Maverick is to help you recognize the roadsigns, make heads and tails of it, and then use it to reconcile the past with the present.  Measure the gap and distance that helps you identify your own inner shifts.  

Now, here's where Maverick really picks up and where those that have figured it out will go and those that haven't will get off the journey.  As you're almost wrapping up your fifth month of use and getting ready for your sixth month, for many of you, that's where the journey will end for the time being.  There will have been considerable growth had, but, you're still looking for something outside of yourself for validation.  You're chasing after a high.  That high will probably become much more specific and narrowed down thanks to Maverick, but, the high is still there.  

For the rest of you that have come out of this part of the journey on the other side, you'll have realized that the road ahead is your own version of choose your own adventure, and to those of you, you will probably continue down the path of Maverick and the results will only get more profound and deep and transcendent. 

I say all of this, but, everyone should be honest about where they're going to fall as Month 6 begins and where they fall at the end of it.  Because it will become very clear.  

It's a journey, an ever evolving one.  I liken it to Joseph Campbell's structure of the Hero's Journey.  At the end of the day the Hero doesn't need to actively chase anything, it all just comes to him, because he is the protagonist.  The events ultimately unfold around him and he chooses how he wants to engage.  Again, some of you will understand this at this point in journey with Maverick.  Others will not.  There is no right or wrong, only what's right or wrong for the individual running this sub at this particular time in their journey.  

I will probably post one last update at the end of next month when the 6 month journey officially ends as it was outlined on the subs requirements.  For those that stay on for months 7 to 12, you won't need me to outline what comes next for you because you'll be living your own hero's story.  For those that move onto other subs, I think your 6 month run with Maverick will have a great impact on shaping some of the results you'll experience. 

Either way, I think at this point, you'll understand why I mentioned the Rubiks cube and it should be much more clear how all the final pieces of this first leg of the journey locks into place.  

As always, enjoy the ride, wherever it takes you.  Just don't look to lock yourself up in your own self inflicted cages by trying to structure yourself around the ideas of others, whether those ideas are from religious leaders, billionaires, or your family.  Find your own answers that apply to you without trying to conform to the models of someone else.  Remember, Maverick's don't conform, they pave their own roads all the way to the heavens. 

- Duke

PS - if it isn't already clear for everyone else reading this post, the underlying goal of Maverick hasn't changed from what's on the sales page. Everyone still transcends to the best version of themselves they can be. But as I already stated, potential is the unrealized possibility of greatness, whereas everyone that is running Maverick will come to understand is that they already are that greatness personified. That's the key difference.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - NOMAD - 07-20-2023

(07-19-2023, 10:57 PM)Duke.Togo Wrote: Why, because life is not a static movement, life is constantly evolving and shifting.

Yep

(07-19-2023, 10:57 PM)Duke.Togo Wrote: At the end of the day the Hero doesn't need to actively chase anything, it all just comes to him, because he is the protagonist.  The events ultimately unfold around him and he chooses how he wants to engage.

Lately, I've had similar thoughts. It's as if the world is moving around me, but everything besides what I choose to give my attention to is background noise. And yes, I'm the protagonist. It's almost like the story is unfolding exactly as it's supposed to.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Benjamin - 07-20-2023

I haven't used Maverick, but when I think of being 'centered' to me it's grounded. But since none of us have described what we mean by the term i'll explain it further.

In this context being 'grounded' is being grounded in yourself, strong in yourself in the face of outside pressure, conflict, attempted intimidation, bullying, others trying to force their will upon you in a way you don't want etc.

To be able to stay calm in the face of that, and act from there. Whether it's saying 'no', or calling them out on it, or taking action in the situation because that's what is warranted.

As opposed to just losing your shit and not having control.

But also knowing who you are, what you want, and being okay with that and going for it despite what society and people who try to bring you down, whether it be pc culture, 'cancel culture' or society in general that doesn't want men to be powerful in themselves.

I also see another aspect which is being 'grounded' in your Masculinity. Partly being comfortable with it, feeling it, expressing it. But it's also a feeling at the body level that I can't explain but I know when I have it though I haven't been able to achieve it consistently.

It's like there from that groundedness flows everything else, and gives off a vibe of "there's something about this guy" but also "I'm a fair person, but don't fuck with me" which is the vibe I prefer as compared to guys who overcompensate and are trying to put on the fake tough guy vibe.

For me reaching my full potential would definately include the above.

And from what i've read in the Maverick journals it does sound like that is part of it, but i'm curious what you guys using it think about it from the angle i've presented?

I don't believe that this kind of thing is ego, but to me it's more like the core of our being and internal power. Reading Nomad's post about being so relaxed even in difficult situations, that is part of what i'm talking about.

Think of Rudyard Kipling's poem 'If'. And if you haven't heard of it here's a video, I found this channel last night and it has some really good stuff on it.

Basically for me on the subject of Maverick, alot of the 'don't use it' things from the page apply to me.. but at the same time i'm so fucking sick of limiting my own potential which is why I keep thinking about Maverick.

Still using OGSF at the moment.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Superman - 07-20-2023

(07-20-2023, 06:03 PM)Benjamin Wrote: Basically for me on the subject of Maverick, alot of the 'don't use it' things from the page apply to me.. but at the same time i'm so fucking sick of limiting my own potential which is why I keep thinking about Maverick.

Still using OGSF at the moment.

I would say just go for it. Every day that you delay you’re just wasting time.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - UniversalMan - 07-20-2023

Sorry @Duke.Togo and @NOMAD , I have not put the question right, what I meant was:

Does Maverick help the user to achieve inner centeredness?

Inner centeredness does not have anything to do with the ego, on the contrary, inner centeredness in a no ego thing, it is like a homecoming to yourself which results in transformation and refinement of oneself and of course expansion.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - NOMAD - 07-21-2023

In my experience,  Maverick does not center the user. Maverick frees the user.

An analogy from The Matrix. You guys are focused on dodging bullets. When Maverick is finished,  you won't have to.

Hopefully that makes sense. It's the best explanation I can come up with.

It's an intriguing sub.