Subliminal Talk
Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Aces High: A Maverick Journal (/Thread-Aces-High-A-Maverick-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Duke.Togo - 02-21-2023

I'll just post a reply to both of you here.

Regarding family, that might be a factor of Maverick, that's also personal decisions I have made in my own life. I'm in my mid 40's inching closer to my late 40's. For me, at this point, I'd rather be Uncle Duke than Daddy Duke. Happy to chill with my homeboys and their kids when possible, but, I'm not really built for the coming home to someone. I think some of this was always there and Maverick just definitely threw the light over it in a big way.

Regarding relationships with people, yes, that's definitely a factor of Maverick for sure. I thought I posted about it earlier in my journal, but, starting from a childhood best friend to former business partners that I told to go fuck themselves, my relationship dynamics with people have definitely changed. And honestly, it's for the better. Some people I just held onto over a misplaced sense of loyalty while others were just toxic. The idea of being a nice guy sort of fades into the distance with Maverick.

In the end, these changes were all for the better and I don't regret who I am, how I am or, who I still allow to remain in my life. I think ultimately, that's another facet of life that everyone needs to contend with. And that is, when you wake up in the morning, can you look in the mirror and be happy with the person staring back at you. I can say since starting this journey with Maverick, it's a hell yes. And, I'll be brutally honest here, that wasn't always the case.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Benjamin - 02-21-2023

Interesting, this keeps getting me more interested in Maverick.

I've never been the one to follow 'conventional wisdom' and I think alot of what's going on in the world is absolutely ridiculous nor do I want to follow it.

The relationship part is a little challenging. I'm currently having some turbulence in my relationship of around 6 months because she wants to see me more and gave me a big talk of 'where is this going?' and that by now she's used to seeing a guy more than around once a week and that it doesn't seem to have progressed.

Whereas i'm happy with that, and i'm stepping up my own work on myself and my goals as i'm behind on that for a few reasons from what i've been through in the last 5 or so years.

And thinking about it more I don't think i'm prepared to compromise too much, I even asked if she wants to join my workout today so i'm still doing my thing but she gets to spend time with me. And i'm sitting here already annoyed and regretting it cos I could have had it done a few hours ago, moved onto other things and not have to wait another 1 1/2 hours to do it, and thinking "this is what I get for compromising".

But there is a sense of guilt and such, so that part of the mindset of Maverick does appeal to me.. as on one hand there's this "Ok don't I have to compromise a little bit, and find some ways to accomodate what she wants" and on the other hand it's "No i'm not going to compromise, because that's how men end up whipped and not doing shit".

And i'd actually prefer to move more towards the second mindset even though it will be uncomfortable.

I can definately see it would stir things up more. I remember experiencing that on AM6 with my whole friendship group.

At the point i'm at I don't think i'm quite ready for Maverick until I sort a few more things out, but there is this strong feeling of "Yes, this is for me.. not quite now but soon."

And all the mindsets presented are what I want to go towards. I'm at a point where yeah I 'might' need more healing, but that could also be partly avoidance.. because really I just need to move forward as i've left some things for way too long. That's the point i've been at recently.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Z-Man - 02-21-2023

Mavericks don't follow the rules...They run their own course

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Johannesbrst - 02-21-2023

(02-21-2023, 06:20 PM)Duke.Togo Wrote: I'll just post a reply to both of you here. 

Regarding family, that might be a factor of Maverick, that's also personal decisions I have made in my own life.  I'm in my mid 40's inching closer to my late 40's.  For me, at this point, I'd rather be Uncle Duke than Daddy Duke.  Happy to chill with my homeboys and their kids when possible, but, I'm not really built for the coming home to someone.  I think some of this was always there and Maverick just definitely threw the light over it in a big way.

Regarding relationships with people, yes, that's definitely a factor of Maverick for sure.  I thought I posted about it earlier in my journal, but, starting from a childhood best friend to former business partners that I told to go fuck themselves, my relationship dynamics with people have definitely changed.  And honestly, it's for the better.  Some people I just held onto over a misplaced sense of loyalty while others were just toxic.  The idea of being a nice guy sort of fades into the distance with Maverick. 

In the end, these changes were all for the better and I don't regret who I am, how I am or, who I still allow to remain in my life.  I think ultimately, that's another facet of life that everyone needs to contend with.  And that is, when you wake up in the morning, can you look in the mirror and be happy with the person staring back at you.  I can say since starting this journey with Maverick, it's a hell yes.  And, I'll be brutally honest here, that wasn't always the case.

I see. From what you wrote before Maverick seems to enhance your core beliefs and take you to a place ahwre those get utilized in the best way. For someone who want to start a family some day perhaps Maverick could make you into the best family man you could be, when you are ready to take on that? 

Would be interesting to hear @Shannon chip in on this. I would have no problem waiting 5+ years starting a family so maybe I'm the case Maverick is not suited for being in a relationship  I could just run it for a few years and then let it fade out and open up for another focus in life.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Johannesbrst - 02-21-2023

(02-21-2023, 06:20 PM)Duke.Togo Wrote: I'll just post a reply to both of you here. 

Regarding family, that might be a factor of Maverick, that's also personal decisions I have made in my own life.  I'm in my mid 40's inching closer to my late 40's.  For me, at this point, I'd rather be Uncle Duke than Daddy Duke.  Happy to chill with my homeboys and their kids when possible, but, I'm not really built for the coming home to someone.  I think some of this was always there and Maverick just definitely threw the light over it in a big way.

Regarding relationships with people, yes, that's definitely a factor of Maverick for sure.  I thought I posted about it earlier in my journal, but, starting from a childhood best friend to former business partners that I told to go fuck themselves, my relationship dynamics with people have definitely changed.  And honestly, it's for the better.  Some people I just held onto over a misplaced sense of loyalty while others were just toxic.  The idea of being a nice guy sort of fades into the distance with Maverick. 

In the end, these changes were all for the better and I don't regret who I am, how I am or, who I still allow to remain in my life.  I think ultimately, that's another facet of life that everyone needs to contend with.  And that is, when you wake up in the morning, can you look in the mirror and be happy with the person staring back at you.  I can say since starting this journey with Maverick, it's a hell yes.  And, I'll be brutally honest here, that wasn't always the case.

I see. From what you wrote before Maverick seems to enhance/clear up your core beliefs and take you to a place where those get utilized in the best way. For someone who want to start a family some day perhaps Maverick could make you into the best family man you could be, when you are ready to take on that? 

Would be interesting to hear @Shannon chip in on this. I would have no problem waiting 5+ years starting a family so maybe in the case Maverick is not suited for being in a relationship  I could just run it for a few years and then let it fade out and open up for another focus in life?

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Sky - 02-22-2023

Hi @Duke.Togo , I'm very interested in Maverick. I'm waiting on acceptance for some master's programs I applied to in analytics and my question is will Maverick be helpful with motivation and concentration in studying? I'm currently running MLS at 1 or 2 loops a day because it's overwhelming to run 6 loops for my brain unfortunately. I able to sleep somewhat on 1 loop. The only subliminal I've ever had sleeping problems on are MLS, but the rest I've been good so I don't foresee that being an issue with Maverick.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Duke.Togo - 02-22-2023

(02-21-2023, 06:45 PM)Benjamin Wrote: Interesting, this keeps getting me more interested in Maverick.

I've never been the one to follow 'conventional wisdom' and I think alot of what's going on in the world is absolutely ridiculous nor do I want to follow it.

The relationship part is a little challenging. I'm currently having some turbulence in my relationship of around 6 months because she wants to see me more and gave me a big talk of 'where is this going?' and that by now she's used to seeing a guy more than around once a week and that it doesn't seem to have progressed.

Whereas i'm happy with that, and i'm stepping up my own work on myself and my goals as i'm behind on that for a few reasons from what i've been through in the last 5 or so years.

And thinking about it more I don't think i'm prepared to compromise too much, I even asked if she wants to join my workout today so i'm still doing my thing but she gets to spend time with me. And i'm sitting here already annoyed and regretting it cos I could have had it done a few hours ago, moved onto other things and not have to wait another 1 1/2 hours to do it, and thinking "this is what I get for compromising".

But there is a sense of guilt and such, so that part of the mindset of Maverick does appeal to me.. as on one hand there's this "Ok don't I have to compromise a little bit, and find some ways to accomodate what she wants" and on the other hand it's "No i'm not going to compromise, because that's how men end up whipped and not doing shit".

And i'd actually prefer to move more towards the second mindset even though it will be uncomfortable.

I can definately see it would stir things up more. I remember experiencing that on AM6 with my whole friendship group.

At the point i'm at I don't think i'm quite ready for Maverick until I sort a few more things out, but there is this strong feeling of "Yes, this is for me.. not quite now but soon."

And all the mindsets presented are what I want to go towards. I'm at a point where yeah I 'might' need more healing, but that could also be partly avoidance.. because really I just need to move forward as i've left some things for way too long. That's the point i've been at recently.

Ben, I think you’re more than ready for what Maverick can do. While there isn’t any real healing with Maverick, I believe Shannon mentioned there is fear removal. 

Either way, in due time, Maverick will get you there irrespectively. You just need to give it the time to run. But I think you will definitely benefit from running this.

I
(02-22-2023, 02:05 AM)Sky Wrote: Hi @Duke.Togo , I'm very interested in Maverick. I'm waiting on acceptance for some master's programs I applied to in analytics and my question is will Maverick be helpful with motivation and concentration in studying? I'm currently running MLS at 1 or 2 loops a day because it's overwhelming to run 6 loops for my brain unfortunately. I able to sleep somewhat on 1 loop. The only subliminal I've ever had sleeping problems on are MLS, but the rest I've been good so I don't foresee that being an issue with Maverick.

As someone who ran MLS, I can tell you that for your current goals, MLS is the best sub for you. Maverick is more of an all rounder and it really depends on how you want to approach life. But for straight cognitive boost, MLS was my favorite. 

I had some of the wired up feeling when I initially ran it as well. I managed to get past that by keeping it to 1 loop and at the time, I did 4 to 5 days on and 2 to 3 days off. MLS is one of those subs that you don’t really feel like anything is happening and then you look back and you just see how much your life compounded. I would also say you need a few rounds to really see and gain the full effect of it.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Sky - 02-22-2023

(02-22-2023, 10:54 AM)Duke.Togo Wrote: I
(02-22-2023, 02:05 AM)Sky Wrote: Hi @Duke.Togo , I'm very interested in Maverick. I'm waiting on acceptance for some master's programs I applied to in analytics and my question is will Maverick be helpful with motivation and concentration in studying? I'm currently running MLS at 1 or 2 loops a day because it's overwhelming to run 6 loops for my brain unfortunately. I able to sleep somewhat on 1 loop. The only subliminal I've ever had sleeping problems on are MLS, but the rest I've been good so I don't foresee that being an issue with Maverick.

As someone who ran MLS, I can tell you that for your current goals, MLS is the best sub for you. Maverick is more of an all rounder and it really depends on how you want to approach life. But for straight cognitive boost, MLS was my favorite. 

I had some of the wired up feeling when I initially ran it as well. I managed to get past that by keeping it to 1 loop and at the time, I did 4 to 5 days on and 2 to 3 days off. MLS is one of those subs that you don’t really feel like anything is happening and then you look back and you just see how much your life compounded. I would also say you need a few rounds to really see and gain the full effect of it.

Thank you for the insight Duke!

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Johannesbrst - 02-22-2023

(02-21-2023, 09:20 PM)Johannesbrst Wrote:

I see. From what you wrote before Maverick seems to enhance your core beliefs and take you to a place ahwre those get utilized in the best way. For someone who want to start a family some day perhaps Maverick could make you into the best family man you could be, when you are ready to take on that? 

Would be interesting to hear @Shannon chip in on this. I would have no problem waiting 5+ years starting a family so maybe I'm the case Maverick is not suited for being in a relationship  I could just run it for a few years and then let it fade out and open up for another focus in life.

Would love to get your response on this.

(02-22-2023, 12:44 PM)Johannesbrst Wrote:
(02-21-2023, 09:20 PM)Johannesbrst Wrote: I see. From what you wrote before Maverick seems to enhance your core beliefs and take you to a place ahwre those get utilized in the best way. For someone who want to start a family some day perhaps Maverick could make you into the best family man you could be, when you are ready to take on that? 

Would love to get your response on this.

Maverick does many things, but it’s drive is to make you the best version of yourself. The thing is, it’s lonely at the top. 

So, while I don’t know how Maverick will go for you, if you do run it, you should just be prepared for the fact that many of your desires and wants will probably change. 

You shouldn’t assume any of your beliefs will stay the same throughout this process. If you want a family now, that may stay the same in a year or two, but it also may not. Just something to be aware of.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Z-Man - 02-22-2023

Hey Duke, Do you think you could eventually learn the stock market like Eddie on limitless using Maverick? I know your life will change 360 to become your best version on yourself.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - NOMAD - 02-22-2023

(02-21-2023, 01:15 PM)Duke.Togo Wrote: It's funny you posted this question today because I was working with Shannon fine tuning the description of Maverick just last night and we agreed on a few disclaimers that Maverick needs to carry.  Top of that list is that it probably shouldn't be run by guys that are married and or in serious relationships.  
This is good to know.

Shit.

(02-22-2023, 04:34 PM)Z-Man Wrote: Hey Duke, Do you think you could eventually learn the stock market like Eddie on limitless using Maverick? I know your life will change 360 to become your best version on yourself.

I don’t think the stock market can be manipulated by any human being the way Eddie did it in the movie. That’s not realistic by any measure, and I won’t bother to get into the details of why. 

That being said, I already work in finance for a living, managing risk for a very large sum of capital in the markets. 

I also run an investment fund on the side with two other partners, but that’s our own money. The side system did have birth during my run of Maverick.