Subliminal Talk
Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Aces High: A Maverick Journal (/Thread-Aces-High-A-Maverick-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - MrGnome - 11-22-2022

(11-21-2022, 06:22 PM)Duke.Togo Wrote: I posted this in Shannon's journal, however, I'm sure in due time the post will get lost in the shuffle so I am posting a copy of it here for anyone that is interested. I hope this answers any questions that folks have about Maverick and sheds some more insight with regards to my experiences with it.

(11-21-2022, 03:05 PM)Shannon Wrote: If you're comparing them, then you're either not understanding Maverick at all, or you're looking for AM. Maverick is about achieving your natural potential and expressing and experiencing it, while the focus is not on "being or becoming alpha". 

I'm quoting a small part of Shannon's post here in this reply. I have been hesitant to talk too much about my experiences with Maverick until now, because I want everyone to go into this sub on their own. That being said, there have been several recurring questions so I wanted to address a few points and also share some of my experiences.  A copy of this post will exist in my journal as well. 

First things first, some of what I have to say may offend some of the forum members. I would apologize, but I don't believe in apologizing for being honest. 

Let's start with getting some of the obvious things out of the way.  If you are trying to compare Maverick to AM, UMS, or any of the other subs in the IML catalog, then you're not ready to run Maverick. It's really as simple as that. 

There's a reason why this sub is called Maverick and is listed as a premium program, separate from the existing IML catalog.

The very definition of what a Maverick is - an unorthodox or independent-minded person. This means that if you're thinking of being alpha, you're running contrary to the definition of a Maverick, because quite frankly, a real Maverick doesn't give a shit if you see him as alpha or beta or a three headed mutation from the planet Xylon.

Since running this sub, there is only one question that I ask myself everyday, one question that drives me in everything I do. How far can I go? That's it. That one question currently defines every aspect of my life. The only thing I want to know is how far can I go. What is my ceiling? And how do I know when I've hit that ceiling?

This drive to answer a single question has made me more free, more happy, more willing to cut the excess bullshit out of my life. Want to know what true freedom feels like? It's when you know you can walk away from anyone or anything without thinking twice about the what if. And the reason why you won't ask that what if is because you already know you can go farther and higher than you have prior to that.

In the four months of running Maverick I have cut people out of my life that were either toxic or a waste of my energy. People I had previously kept in my life out of some misplaced sense of loyalty due to the number of years I had known them. I have walked away from a business partner and literally handed him all of the IP for a trading system I had developed, because I knew I could build something better. And even after giving him everything, the guy sent me three days worth of emails shitting on me for leaving. The reason why he did that is because that's his limit. He needs me because he can't do it on his own even with all of the infrastructure and code. I have since then started building a whole new system of trading that is already proving much more profitable for me than the old system.

I also recently saw one of my ex's, the second woman I have ever loved in my life, she was my perfect 10. And while seeing her brought some memories up for me, I realized that if being in love was the most I wanted from life, I could have had that when she and I reconnected. But it isn't. I walked away from that knowing I want something more from my life.

The problem with all of the examples I listed above is that some of you are going to read these items and look at it only at face value. What won't be so apparent is my underlying mindset driving all of my actions. Has Maverick made me more financially successful? Yes, it absolutely has. But, I don't care about the money, I care about reaching my full potential in the industry I happen to play in, which is Finance. I want to see how far I can take myself there, and the money is just a byproduct of that. I'm in it to play the game at my maximum potential.

The same goes for women. I have no problem stepping to any number of gorgeous women and I know I can turn them inside out and willing to fulfill whatever whimsical desire I have in any particular moment. That's already happened more than once over the last few months of using Maverick. Maverick allows me to look at what I want and reach my maximum capabilities towards that particular desire. 

This is why Shannon and I have both stated that the goal of Maverick is to drive the individual to reach their absolute potential.

And that's where the kicker really lies. To reach your maximum potential, you need to have a strong base. You have to have mental fortitude in a way that you might not yet.

A month ago I blew 15 grand on a trade I knew was going to fail just to test a part of my system. I didn't blink an eye at that, because I knew I would make 10x that once I tweaked my code. 6 months ago, even if I knew I would get 10x back, I'd still be thinking about the fact that I just pissed away 15k knowing the trade would bust. There is a kind of mental fortress that Maverick starts to build around a user. Risk is measured and controlled, but the boundaries are constantly pushed.

Let me be clear once again, these results are relevant to me only because this is what currently drives me. And this work that I am talking about, this is from my side project, not from what I do with my day job. Even there, Maverick has shown me the limitations with my current role. As I had mentioned in a previous post, I currently hold a C-Level title and manage over 100 Billion Dollars of risk for a financial firm. I'm now at a point where I am ready to leave this role behind me because I know I can do even more on my own.

All this isn't to say that Maverick makes you callous with emotional matters or that you stop giving a shit about the people who do mean something to you. I have come to appreciate the few people around me that I can really call my friends and the members of my family that I have had a long standing bond with.

I just see the world differently. Labels, roles, expectations don't carry any weight with me. I'm not moved by the herd mentality. The only thing that moves me now is what I am passionate about.

As Shannon posted above, and I have to reiterate this point again, everyone who runs Maverick needs a good strong base before you start this journey. Otherwise, you won't really benefit from what Maverick will do for you. And Maverick will manifest differently for every person who uses it. Because while Finance is what drives me and I love playing that game, others might be driven by art, real estate, writing, women, men, sports, science, etc. The goal is to reach your full potential. And while people talk about potential all the time, I don't think most people ever realize what reaching their full potential even feels like or how it changes you.

So there's a fairly long review with some more concrete examples of what Maverick is designed to do.

For anyone interested in what my baseline looked like prior to running Maverick, I previously ran DMSI and MLS. I never ran AM, WM, SM, UMS, OF, or any of the other subs in IML's catalog.

My DMSI and MLS journals are still posted. My major breakthroughs came with DMSI 3.1 and then MLS. Those two subs specifically formed the basis of my grounding, since I'm sure some of your are curious. Maverick has since been taking me into territory that was previously unknown to me, and yet more unknowns await me still. But I'm ready for whatever comes next.

For those of you that are considering running Maverick, the question you have to ask yourselves is, are you ready for what comes next for you...

So if the shop was a videogame,Maverick would be the final boss from what I understand? Awesome, I knew I had to be Patient anyway. Smile

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - ncbeareatingman - 11-22-2022

Dayyyuum !! Duke rockin' and rollin this muther ! Wow. Hyperspace Jump....wow...thank you man for expounding up the vibes and expansive growth, on Maverick.
Happy Thanksgiving and deep winter prosperity your way.... continues success.... as Jimi Hendrix Used to sign his autographs sometimes, and I too, say this to you, Man....STAY Groovy and Stay FREE !!

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Omni3 - 11-22-2022

(11-22-2022, 12:46 AM)MrGnome Wrote: So if the shop was a videogame,Maverick would be the final boss from what I understand? Awesome, I knew I had to be Patient anyway. Smile

Or its you kicking the final bosses ass Smile

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Duke.Togo - 11-23-2022

(11-22-2022, 08:20 AM)ncbeareatingman Wrote: Dayyyuum !! Duke rockin' and rollin this muther ! Wow. Hyperspace Jump....wow...thank you man for expounding up  the vibes and expansive growth, on Maverick.
Happy Thanksgiving and deep winter prosperity your way.... continues success.... as Jimi Hendrix Used to sign his autographs sometimes, and I too, say this to you, Man....STAY Groovy and Stay FREE !!

Thanks Keith!  Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours my Brother!  I hope you have an amazing one.  And love the Hendrix quote.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Steve_ - 12-02-2022

Great journal Duke. I may choose to run this in the near future Wink

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Inconceivablezen - 12-03-2022

Same here, very curious to run this, although OF and DMSI are still giving me amazing growth so I don't have much FOMO!

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Johannesbrst - 12-14-2022

Duke, I've posted this question to Shannon buy if you can, I would very much like your input if you think that Maverick would fit my needs, given I'm going into it emotionally healthy.

I feel a bit stuck in life. Like in treading water.

I've made good progress last year's, switched to a career which I enjoy and my life is going pretty well.

But I feel that something is missing.

I love getting an idea and diving head first for weeks trying to solve a problem, and this is when I feel alive. I love being in that place. Having purpose, working toward a goal, working on the dream of building a business and building something that people can have use of.

I've dreamt about having my own business since as long as I can remember.

I've tried a few ones, but only one has seemed to even have just a little success which is an app I've bult that has 400 downloads.

But other than that it has just been ideas that didn't really hit the ground. And it makes me devastated to be honest. I have so much passion for this, but I don't seem to be able to find an idea that generate enough to build something from.

I've worked on a machine learning idea for four weeks and spent a lot of hours on it, just to find that there is a company who does all what I had in mind but 100 times better, not even an idea to trying to compete there.

I want to find something where I can use my skillset and doing what I enjoy doing - building software/algorithms/logic - creating a lively hood for myself and working toward my goals of financial success and creating value in society. But it feels like something is missing.

I don't know what it is. I've been working on my emotional issues for years now, getting out from a deep depression, and with good progress.

Right now running ASR which is the sub that so far have helped me the most. Both in the moment but also working trough the stressors that have caused me pain.

Maybe things will work out when I've healed enough. Maybe not. But right now I need a goal to look ahead on more than just being emotionally healthy. A mindset that can keep me going and overcome feeling this devastated as I do when I work on something that suddenly shows not to work out. It feels like getting the rug pulled out from underneath yourself.

I feel drawn to the idea of Maverick and UMS. But not before I feel that ASR has done enough with my emotional state to be ready for it.

What do you think about my case? I guess I needed to write this off my chest as I felt pretty bad and felt like I lost direction

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Duke.Togo - 12-14-2022

(12-14-2022, 07:09 PM)Johannesbrst Wrote: Duke, I've posted this question to Shannon buy if you can, I would very much like your input if you think that Maverick would fit my needs, given I'm going into it emotionally healthy.

I've made good progress last year's, switched to a career which I enjoy and my life is going pretty well.

I love getting an idea and diving head first for weeks trying to solve a problem, and this is when I feel alive. I love being in that place. Having purpose, working toward a goal, working on the dream of building a business and building something that people can have use of.

I've tried a few ones, but only one has seemed to even have just a little success which is an app I've bult that has 400 downloads.

But other than that it has just been ideas that didn't really hit the ground. And it makes me devastated to be honest. I have so much passion for this, but I don't seem to be able to find an idea that generate enough to build something from.

I've worked on a machine learning idea for four weeks and spent a lot of hours on it, just to find that there is a company who does all what I had in mind but 100 times better, not even an idea to trying to compete there.

I want to find something where I can use my skillset and doing what I enjoy doing - building software/algorithms/logic - creating a lively hood for myself and working toward my goals of financial success and creating value in society. But it feels like something is missing.

I don't know what it is. I've been working on my emotional issues for years now, getting out from a deep depression, and with good progress.

Right now running ASR which is the sub that so far have helped me the most. Both in the moment but also working trough the stressors that have caused me pain.

Maybe things will work out when I've healed enough. Maybe not. But right now I need a goal to look ahead on more than just being emotionally healthy. A mindset that can keep me going and overcome feeling this devastated as I do when I work on something that suddenly shows not to work out. It feels like getting the rug pulled out from underneath yourself.

I feel drawn to the idea of Maverick and UMS. But not before I feel that ASR has done enough with my emotional state to be ready for it.

What do you think about my case? I guess I needed to write this off my chest as I felt pretty bad and felt like I lost direction

I'm just seeing this now, but it's also super late for me.  I owe you an answer and I will get you one in the next 24 hours.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Duke.Togo - 12-15-2022

(12-14-2022, 07:09 PM)Johannesbrst Wrote: Duke, I've posted this question to Shannon buy if you can, I would very much like your input if you think that Maverick would fit my needs, given I'm going into it emotionally healthy.

Hey Brother, so I've read some of your posts and I'll give you my opinion on it, but of course also take any advice that Shannon has on this as well, as I believe he will have a better grasp of your current situation.  

There are a few things to keep in mind about Maverick.  The first is, it will drive you forward whether you're ready or not.  This is why it's better to be ready for something like this, because if you aren't, you'll end up fighting it and probably dropping off due to being overwhelmed.  

The question you have to ask yourself is, are you ready for a long term commitment? Maverick is going to take up the next 6 to 8 months of your life at least.  And if you are, are you also willing to put in the work and put aside the distractions? Because Maverick will shift you into a direction that I don't think you can truly comprehend.  When it begins doing that, and you're on here reading about someone else's journey on another sub, even with a case of FOMO, you have to reconcile the fact that you chose this path and did so knowingly.  

If you can answer yes to both of those questions, I think you should move on Maverick because once you're on the sub you'll never look back.  

It's an amazing sub if you don't fight it and you let it do it's thing.  Because in the end, what it's doing is working within you and creating such profound change at such deep levels, it ultimately becomes a partner in your goals.  I have said this several times in the past, but Maverick will quite literally create a symbiotic relationship with you to the point where it almost feels like that sub is it's own consciousness or source of intelligent energy.  I can't explain it in any way that would either do it justice or actually qualify the experience that I have had with it, but it's something else entirely. 

I want everyone who can, to experience the tremendous growth and profound change that this sub will create.  

So if you think you're ready for it, I say hop in and enjoy the ride of a lifetime.  As they say, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, but what makes it even better is having good company.  

I feel like I've been riding into the sunsets with Maverick solo for a long time... would be great to share the journey with a few others...

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Johannesbrst - 12-16-2022

(12-15-2022, 06:14 PM)Duke.Togo Wrote:

Hey Brother, so I've read some of your posts and I'll give you my opinion on it, but of course also take any advice that Shannon has on this as well, as I believe he will have a better grasp of your current situation.  

There are a few things to keep in mind about Maverick.  The first is, it will drive you forward whether you're ready or not.  This is why it's better to be ready for something like this, because if you aren't, you'll end up fighting it and probably dropping off due to being overwhelmed.  

The question you have to ask yourself is, are you ready for a long term commitment? Maverick is going to take up the next 6 to 8 months of your life at least.  And if you are, are you also willing to put in the work and put aside the distractions? Because Maverick will shift you into a direction that I don't think you can truly comprehend.  When it begins doing that, and you're on here reading about someone else's journey on another sub, even with a case of FOMO, you have to reconcile the fact that you chose this path and did so knowingly.  

If you can answer yes to both of those questions, I think you should move on Maverick because once you're on the sub you'll never look back.  

It's an amazing sub if you don't fight it and you let it do it's thing.  Because in the end, what it's doing is working within you and creating such profound change at such deep levels, it ultimately becomes a partner in your goals.  I have said this several times in the past, but Maverick will quite literally create a symbiotic relationship with you to the point where it almost feels like that sub is it's own consciousness or source of intelligent energy.  I can't explain it in any way that would either do it justice or actually qualify the experience that I have had with it, but it's something else entirely. 

I want everyone who can, to experience the tremendous growth and profound change that this sub will create.  

So if you think you're ready for it, I say hop in and enjoy the ride of a lifetime.  As they say, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, but what makes it even better is having good company.  

I feel like I've been riding into the sunsets with Maverick solo for a long time... would be great to share the journey with a few others...

Thanks for your reply. 

Regarding being ready for it, I will take the time to be emotionally and mentally healed as I understand this will put in a higher gear needing the basics to be in place. 

Commitment isn't an issue. I see this a as multi year commitment already. 

I'm wondering though if I should take some time, maybe with MLS to dive deeper into ML as I feel this is something that will be necessary in reaching my full potential. 

Also, you kind of replied to my main question but just to confirm, so you think Maverick would help me find a direction to work in and creating a business from?

EDIT:
Reading your MLS journal made me think that it is perhaps the best way to progress. I loved math as younger but unfortunately left thst trail a bit. But now working as a programmer and diving into AI it has started to come back.

I think that my potential lies therein. In working in the field between business and technology. Having a few years experience from working in venture capital and a few years in programming will be a good foundation, but I need to get down to the core of the technology to really be able to leverage them both, I believe.

So perhaps MLS will be the way to go for 1-1,5 years. Soaking up as much as I can from AI and the underlying math and getting well acquainted by it. And perhaps then Maverick could be the way to take it to the next level.

EDIT2: But perhaps it's not about becoming an expert but rather start becoming an entrepreneur in something. I'm maybe just afraid to take the step. However I still have the issue that I need to find an area to start something in.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Duke.Togo - 12-16-2022

(12-16-2022, 02:13 AM)Johannesbrst Wrote: Thanks for your reply. 

Regarding being ready for it, I will take the time to be emotionally and mentally healed as I understand this will put in a higher gear needing the basics to be in place. 

I'm wondering though if I should take some time, maybe with MLS to dive deeper into ML as I feel this is something that will be necessary in reaching my full potential. 

Also, you kind of replied to my main question but just to confirm, so you think Maverick would help me find a direction to work in and creating a business from?

EDIT:
Reading your MLS journal made me think that it is perhaps the best way to progress. I loved math as younger but unfortunately left thst trail a bit. But now working as a programmer and diving into AI it has started to come back.

I think that my potential lies therein. In working in the field between business and technology. Having a few years experience from working in venture capital and a few years in programming will be a good foundation, but I need to get down to the core of the technology to really be able to leverage them both, I believe.

So perhaps MLS will be the way to go for 1-1,5 years. Soaking up as much as I can from AI and the underlying math and getting well acquainted by it. And perhaps then Maverick could be the way to take it to the next level.

EDIT2: But perhaps it's not about becoming an expert but rather start becoming an entrepreneur in something. I'm maybe just afraid to take the step. However I still have the issue that I need to find an area to start something in.

Here's my two cents on this.  I've been an entrepreneur myself and I've had some successes and some failures along the way.  The one thing that always drove me is the doing.  Risk is an unavoidable aspect of life and if you want any kind of success, you will have to take risks and be ready to fail.   

The old samurai warrior Musashi once said "the only way to survive a battle, is to go into it ready to die."  Business is no different.  

Also, if you're stuck in a specific sector or opportunity, you're already losing when it comes to cost.  ML is very cool and there are multiple opportunities that everyone is looking to explore with it.  It's also incredibly saturated as far as market share goes, not to mention you have to consider the type of methodology you're going to use for your program, the amount of training data you need, and whether you're looking at doing something more in the deep learning space or sticking to easier methods such as using Bayesian and gradient descent for weighted pattern recognition.  

But this approach isn't really an effective one for starting a business, for a few reasons, the most prominent being you are trying to engineer a solution and then build a market around that.  

There is a certain amount of action you need to take to get into business.  Un-ironically, and I'm quoting myself here from some of my older journals, but it's like approaching a woman.  You can step to any woman with all the plans, liners, escalation methods that you get from PUA books and videos.  But, once the interaction is underway, you will undoubtedly pivot several times, reframe your strategy, and then finally settle into it intuitively and just know and that's when things pop off in an amazing way.  Business is no different.  Throw the rule books out and get ready to either have the fuck of your life or crash at the opening.  But that's also what makes it so exciting.  And that's how you ultimately should be approaching the whole idea of being an entrepreneur. 

If you want to use Maverick, I would suggest you use it with no anticipation or programmatic goal.  The reason I say this is because the sub, if allowed to do it's thing properly, will open opportunities for you and create synergies you weren't even aware existed.  But if you go into it with the idea that it's going to help you identify a niche, you'll probably be consciously steering too hard and ultimately drop the sub for not fulfilling your expectations. 

I hope this answered some of your questions.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Johannesbrst - 12-17-2022

(12-16-2022, 07:47 PM)Duke.Togo Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 02:13 AM)Johannesbrst Wrote: Thanks for your reply. 

EDIT:

Here's my two cents on this.  I've been an entrepreneur myself and I've had some successes and some failures along the way.  The one thing that always drove me is the doing.  Risk is an unavoidable aspect of life and if you want any kind of success, you will have to take risks and be ready to fail.   

The old samurai warrior Musashi once said "the only way to survive a battle, is to go into it ready to die."  Business is no different.  

Also, if you're stuck in a specific sector or opportunity, you're already losing when it comes to cost.  ML is very cool and there are multiple opportunities that everyone is looking to explore with it.  It's also incredibly saturated as far as market share goes, not to mention you have to consider the type of methodology you're going to use for your program, the amount of training data you need, and whether you're looking at doing something more in the deep learning space or sticking to easier methods such as using Bayesian and gradient descent for weighted pattern recognition.  

But this approach isn't really an effective one for starting a business, for a few reasons, the most prominent being you are trying to engineer a solution and then build a market around that.  

There is a certain amount of action you need to take to get into business.  Un-ironically, and I'm quoting myself here from some of my older journals, but it's like approaching a woman.  You can step to any woman with all the plans, liners, escalation methods that you get from PUA books and videos.  But, once the interaction is underway, you will undoubtedly pivot several times, reframe your strategy, and then finally settle into it intuitively and just know and that's when things pop off in an amazing way.  Business is no different.  Throw the rule books out and get ready to either have the fuck of your life or crash at the opening.  But that's also what makes it so exciting.  And that's how you ultimately should be approaching the whole idea of being an entrepreneur. 

If you want to use Maverick, I would suggest you use it with no anticipation or programmatic goal.  The reason I say this is because the sub, if allowed to do it's thing properly, will open opportunities for you and create synergies you weren't even aware existed.  But if you go into it with the idea that it's going to help you identify a niche, you'll probably be consciously steering too hard and ultimately drop the sub for not fulfilling your expectations. 

I hope this answered some of your questions.

Thank you for having such patience with me. I guess it wasn't the answer I hoped for, but the one I projdhly needed. 

It seems to be that I am at a crossroads, and one cross road that only I can be the one to choose which path to go down on. 

Either I stay in webdev for a a year or two, keep learning ML, as I find fascinating, and then start to branch off having a solid career path to fall back on being a senior dev with som complementary skills in ML. This will probably me the MLS path. Would also enjoy learning playing music more in this path as it's one of my passions. This path perhaps will lead to the Maverick path, but delaying it a bit. 

Or, I take a path where all bets are off - the Maverick route. Throw all expectations away and trust it will help me find a path where I can make the most of myself regardless of what has happened up to this point. 

Seems like something worth considering for a bit. 

Thanks again for your input. It has been greatly appreciated.

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Bignoise - 12-17-2022

I’ve thinking a lot about Maverick or DMSI. I just came to a realization that I just want to write in text so I don’t forget it:

Choosing between Maverick or DMSI is choosing if you want to be happy because of your self realization or because the validations of others.

Change my mind! ?

RE: Aces High: A Maverick Journal - Frosted - 12-17-2022

(12-17-2022, 01:22 AM)Bignoise Wrote: I’ve thinking a lot about Maverick or DMSI. I just came to a realization that I just want to write in text so I don’t forget it:

Choosing between Maverick or DMSI is choosing if you want to be happy because of your self realization or because the validations of others.

Change my mind! ?

Not necessarily. There could be many different underlying reasons anyone chooses either. For example my motivation for choosing Maverick over DMSI (I probably won’t be running either anytime soon) is that in the long run Maverick aligns with my goal of becoming my greatest version. I want to become my greatest version because it’s the most efficient and effective goal for the life I want and any other goal I could think of was either temporary, not as fulfilling, or could be achieved by pursuing this one goal anyways.

My main motivation for choosing DMSI over Maverick wouldn’t just be the validation of others. It would be sex. My underlying desires for that are complex and I don’t fully understand them myself, but to oversimplify, my desire for sex comes from the need for intimacy, the desire to cope with pain by pursuing pleasure, and various other motivations I either don’t fully understand, or just can’t think of right now. There are other motivations, including the desire for validation I’m sure, but to say my desire for DMSI and for sex could be boiled down to validation seeking would be oversimplifying my motivations.

Hopefully my perspective helps.