Subliminal Talk
Best speaker setup for multi room exposure? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Frequently Asked Questions & Resources (FAQ) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Resources-FAQ)
+--- Thread: Best speaker setup for multi room exposure? (/Thread-Best-speaker-setup-for-multi-room-exposure)

Best speaker setup for multi room exposure? - eternity - 09-16-2022

Hey guys, I just bought USLM. I'm curious if anyone else has found a way to successfully setup speakers in multiple rooms that simultaneously play the subs?

I only have a specific window of time that I can play subs, but during those hours I can't use headphones. And if i have to get up to go to the bathroom or anything, it breaks ASRB.

My goal is to have the ultrasonic sub playing in multiple rooms simultaneously. Additionally, I'd like to set it and forget it with a playlist on repeat, indefinitely, so i don't have to think about it. If that's at all possible

i've tried connecting multiple google home speakers in a speaker group and casting from my desktop but it cuts off or stops working randomly

I'm willing to invest in a good setup if it means i can set it and forget it for 6 months plus. 

Curious if anyone else has solved this yet.

RE: Best speaker setup for multi room exposure? - Bignoise - 09-22-2022

Currently every wireless protocol uses compression with audio loss. Blutooth or WIFI, any current codec is lossless. So the best thing, in 2022, remains being a cable connection Smile

RE: Best speaker setup for multi room exposure? - Shannon - 09-22-2022

Bignoise is right. The best way to ensure you're getting the subliminal is to use wired speakers in each room you want to listen in. He says "any current codec is lossless", but I'm pretty sure he means lossy. Especially for Bluetooth.

RE: Best speaker setup for multi room exposure? - eternity - 09-26-2022

Thanks for the replies, folks.

I was hoping to do wireless to have maximum room coverage. I understand that 5.1 systems with multiple speakers also mess with the subliminal efficacy. But those are the only systems with wires long enough to build into multiple rooms.

Unfortunately solving the audio quality issue still leaves the distance/room coverage problem unsolved.

Any further clarifications would be appreciated, if there is info available.

To be completely fair,there have been many months of UMS usage through google home / blue tooth. While it's not 100%, it's certainly not 0%. So there's that. It still works, just not as well as it could

RE: Best speaker setup for multi room exposure? - Shannon - 09-26-2022

I don't recommend a system designed to split it into more than 2 channels, but it's not necessarily going to be a bad thing, either. Certainly not as bad as the effects of a lossy compression algorithm like BlueTooth uses.

RE: Best speaker setup for multi room exposure? - eternity - 09-27-2022

Thanks Shannon! Then the 3+ channel wired system is better than the lossy compression BT system. Great to know.

So I guess in order of efficacy (assuming 20hz-20khz by default), this is what I have so far. I understand you use your cell phone speakers to play subliminals. Where would you rate the cell phone speakers (assuming current generation models of either samsung/iphone)

Headphones
Wired 2 channel stereo speaker
Wired 3+ channel speaker
Wireless / Bluetooth speakers