Subliminal Talk
My (involuntary) MHS journey - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: My (involuntary) MHS journey (/Thread-My-involuntary-MHS-journey)

My (involuntary) MHS journey - Johannesbrst - 07-25-2022

A few weeks back I ruptured my achilles tendon, and had surgery for it 3 days ago, roughly 2 weeks after the injury happened.  Before running MHS, I was running OF v.3 and the plan was to switch to v.4, but as you say "man plans and god laughs"... I downloaded MHS the day after it happened and started running it according to the instructions.

Current progress
So far it's hard to say how it has affected the healing, as it takes 3 weeks before you can remove the stitches and then another 3 weeks before you can remove the fixating "shoe" that you need to carry 24/7 to prevent movements that would put strain on the tendon. However, it seems that I'm now only 3 days after surgery able to drop the painkillers, which I note as a positive remark.

It will be interesting to see how the physical healing journey plays out as the rehabilitation period before you can return to regular physical activity is quite long (6 months), where I have a long rehabilitation period in front of me. The rehabilitation will be supervised and continuously evaluated, so I will be able to see how my progress compares to the mean-progress for patients who have suffered the same injury. 

Initial reflections
I was pretty bummed out facing this changed situation which forced me to revaluate my plans and outlooks for the forthcoming period, but I think this will be a good thing in the long run. I'm pretty young (around 30) and have had some issues with my knees and some old other injuries that have come up during physical training, so it will be interesting to see the development in those areas. You certainly take your physical health for granted until you no longer have it, so perhaps MHS can help heal those damages and focus on getting my physical health up to a new level.

Other benefits
I mainly have been running OF because I came from a burn-out which caused my to be constantly tensed and stressed, and over time OF have helped me a lot mediating those issues. However, after running only 2 loops of MHS I have noticed that MHS seems to be even more effective at targeting the physical tension that seems to have been causing this tension, as I'm feeling more frequent muscular releases and seem to be more physically relaxed, which is a nice development. Also I've read that people partaking in a relaxation program after having surgery had better healing progress, so this may bring other benefits than just the emotional side.

Duration
Hard to say how long I will run MHS, but I will at least run it 6 months, likely longer, perhaps 6-12 months.

RE: My (involuntary) MHS journey - Johannesbrst - 08-03-2022

I've finished 3 loops of MHS running at hybrid, which have worked with OF v.3 - but it feels like MHS has a stronger impact and hybrid becomes too much for me to handle. I've had sleep-problems when listening to the sub, and because of this and probably the impact the sub has on me, I've felt extremely drained some days, not in a bad way, but in a way that "things are in the works". I've also felt like I needed more days between the days on, so I've extended them a couple of days.

Anyway, I've decided to switch to masked/ultrasonic. But the sub is doing its work I believe. Too early to say how my physical damage has healed yet, but it feels better every day. It also seems like the sub i helping me to relax, and I've felt more chill during the days, and like my body is working on releasing deep tensions.

RE: My (involuntary) MHS journey - Johannesbrst - 08-14-2022

Rather unexpected MHS seems to work on similar things as OF 3 did. It works on tension in my body. That made me think that fear maybe simply is tension and tension is fear. Tension prevents us tp work physically and mentally as we are intended to work. MHS take the "physical route" while OF work trough the " psychological route", working toward a similar goal.

RE: My (involuntary) MHS journey - callie - 08-14-2022

Yeah that's interesting. I've thought a lot about the correlation between tension in the body and fear. I'm of the opinion that tension in the body arise from an emotional disturbance in the subconscious mind (fear most likely). That's why people having deep tissue massages might have an upsurge of emotions while physical tension is being worked through. Perhaps MHS goes as far as healing emotional issues in order to relax tension in the body, so that disease can be healed more efficiently? Idk, perhaps Shannon can share some interesting thoughts on this.

RE: My (involuntary) MHS journey - Johannesbrst - 08-17-2022

Went to the doctor for a follow up on my injury after the surgery, and it looked very good according to him. The injury has healed well, and no infection at all.

RE: My (involuntary) MHS journey - Z-Man - 08-17-2022

(08-17-2022, 07:37 AM)Johannesbrst Wrote: Went to the doctor for a follow up on my injury after the surgery, and it looked very good according to him. The injury has healed well, and no infection at all.

That's awesome brother...So the program worked.

I know you can't wait to get back to OF v4.

RE: My (involuntary) MHS journey - Johannesbrst - 08-18-2022

(08-17-2022, 11:55 AM)Z-Man Wrote:
(08-17-2022, 07:37 AM)Johannesbrst Wrote: Went to the doctor for a follow up on my injury after the surgery, and it looked very good according to him. The injury has healed well, and no infection at all.

That's awesome brother...So the program worked.

I know you can't wait to get back to OF v4.

Could be. Hard to say for now. Will see the effects on how well my rehabilitqtion goes. But anyways I'm happy so far. Also MHS have helped me work trough some tensions in my body which has affected my well being positively, which I'm grateful for.

RE: My (involuntary) MHS journey - Johannesbrst - 09-12-2022

Had an interesting dream..tonight that awoke strong emotions in me.

I did something violent and despicable toward someone innocent just from my own self interest, and I didn't feel bad about it. That caused some tremendous fear in me, the fact that I didn't feel bad about it. How could I be in control of myself if shame and guild didn't existing inside of me? I woke up with my body pounding.