Subliminal Talk
Funding the Project with USLM v4.2 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Funding the Project with USLM v4.2 (/Thread-Funding-the-Project-with-USLM-v4-2)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Funding the Project with USLM v4.2 - ReconGunner - 07-09-2022

(07-09-2022, 07:32 AM)SexyMofo Wrote: any effects on your dreams(subliminal changes) brah? I'm also starting my USLM 4.2 Journey today. Sad to hear your side hustle was a bust though. Maybe something better is coming.

Less a side hustle, more the rumor of getting disability without it being directly connected to my military service. When I left active duty I was generally healthy. It was a few years later that the reflux and Type II kicked in.

Not much in the way of changes in my dreams. I had a lot of that in my E5 run, though.

I had never thought of the kind of long-term commitment you are making to this sub. Given my errors in setting goals, a longer-term run of this sub sounds good. OTOH, funds permitting, UH is next on my list to run once I've done USLM for at least three months.

Cycle 9
ASRB2 5:1

I turned up the volume from 75% to 85%. Started having issues getting to sleep a couple of nights - I didn't fall asleep completely until close to or after the loops started. Slept well from there.

Been feeling some anticipation anxiety the last couple of days. I'm finishing up my vacation and headed back to work on Monday - that may be the reason, it may be a contributing factor, or it may have nothing to do with it.

RE: Funding the Project with USLM v4.2 - SexyMofo - 07-09-2022

(07-09-2022, 07:39 AM)ReconGunner Wrote:
(07-09-2022, 07:32 AM)SexyMofo Wrote: any effects on your dreams(subliminal changes) brah? I'm also starting my USLM 4.2 Journey today. Sad to hear your side hustle was a bust though. Maybe something better is coming.

Less a side hustle, more the rumor of getting disability without it being directly connected to my military service. When I left active duty I was generally healthy. It was a few years later that the reflux and Type II kicked in.

Not much in the way of changes in my dreams. I had a lot of that in my E5 run, though.

I had never thought of the kind of long-term commitment you are making to this sub. Given my errors in setting goals, a longer-term run of this sub sounds good. OTOH, funds permitting, UH is next on my list to run once I've done USLM for at least three months.

Yeah crazy as it may sound, am planning to do a year's worth of run on this thing. Hopefully it pans out though. Brah, how is your weight management? I sense that you might be having weight issues.

(07-09-2022, 07:50 AM)SexyMofo Wrote:
(07-09-2022, 07:39 AM)ReconGunner Wrote:

Yeah crazy as it may sound, am planning to do a year's worth of run on this thing. Hopefully it pans out though.

Run with what you have. And I have a hunch that there's a cumulative effect that may come with it.

(07-09-2022, 07:50 AM)SexyMofo Wrote: Brah, how is your weight management? I sense that you might be having weight issues.

Strangely, my main weight issue is that, after two and a half years of lifting weights, my weight has plateaued at around 185-190 at <20% body fat. I have TOFM in my sights as a near-future sub, and that will probably do me much good.

RE: Funding the Project with USLM v4.2 - SexyMofo - 07-10-2022

Have you tried intermittent fasting (16hour fasts followed by 1 meal(break of fast) then a last meal? carb intake will be low by the way. It has helped some patients that I know. Are you taking some whey protein? That is some highly processed stuff

RE: Funding the Project with USLM v4.2 - ReconGunner - 07-10-2022

(07-10-2022, 12:54 AM)SexyMofo Wrote: Have you tried intermittent fasting (16hour fasts followed by 1 meal(break of fast) then a last meal? carb intake will be low  by the way. It has helped some patients that I know.  Are you taking some whey protein? That is some highly processed stuff

My desire is to increase weight while keeping a similar BF%. At least one MD has referred to me as a 'skinny diabetic." 

I'm doing whey protein nearly every day - consistency with that is my challenge. And as seldom as I eat breakfast, I'm indirectly doing intermittent fasting.

I am strongly certain that I am lower-T, and that addressing my T levels will get me through the sticking point of lean muscle gain, among other things.

In the meantime, I'm going to finish this run of USLM and take stock of where I am financially. Funds permitting and circumstances not directing otherwise, UH is my next sub.

RE: Funding the Project with USLM v4.2 - ReconGunner - 07-19-2022

Cycle 10
ASRB2 6:1

A couple of days late on this report. And not much to report.

My limited experience with subs shows me that sometimes the sub works below the surface, and what it's doing doesn't always show up immediately. Even a sub like USLM, which produces external results, has to work from within. And if there's a lot of work needed within, external results might take a while.

I also learned that a sub will work for as long as you listen to it, within the recommended length of a run. I've still got 1/3 of this run to go. Let's see what turns up.

RE: Funding the Project with USLM v4.2 - ReconGunner - 07-24-2022

Cycle 11

Slow movement, but movement. Movement toward the remaining two goals. "Realistically", I still won't achieve either one of them in the next three weeks. Progress is progress nonetheless. And who knows what "luck" will bring?

Making plans for sub usage after this run. I lack the funds for UH, which was my first choice. I might be able to put together enough to get UD, even though UD is only 5.5G. I could run ASC, which is 5G, and free. Or I could repeat USLM after a break, or even repeat E5.

Given a recommended break of up to a month, I've got up to 7 weeks before I'd start a new run of something. Let's see how the funds look between now and then.

RE: Funding the Project with USLM v4.2 - ReconGunner - 07-30-2022

Cycle 12

Another pending financial benefit. Found out this week that I have been recommended for a performance bonus of $500-$1000. Unknown when the bonus would come.

That's definite but small progress toward one of my goals.

RE: Funding the Project with USLM v4.2 - ncbeareatingman - 07-30-2022

(07-30-2022, 05:08 AM)ReconGunner Wrote: Cycle 12

Another pending financial benefit. Found out this week that I have been recommended for a performance bonus of $500-$1000. Unknown when the bonus would come.

That's definite but small  progress toward one of my goals.

Wow,Man, thats fantastic !! Just for fun try playing the lottery, a small 50 cents 'er dollar ticket could render as much as 50,000 and up. Ya never know. when I was in college,many many moons ago, down in hot as hell, Houston Tx, love Texas dont miss Houston, the Lotto Motto was "Ya gotta play ta win'
 None the less,what ever the case maybe  all the best and more power to ya Sarge!

RE: Funding the Project with USLM v4.2 - ReconGunner - 08-06-2022

(07-30-2022, 09:01 AM)ncbeareatingman Wrote:
(07-30-2022, 05:08 AM)ReconGunner Wrote: Cycle 12

That's definite but small  progress toward one of my goals.

Wow,Man, thats fantastic !! Just for fun try playing the lottery, a small 50 cents 'er dollar ticket could render as much as 50,000 and up. Ya never know. when I was in college,many many moons ago, down in hot as hell, Houston Tx, love Texas dont miss Houston, the Lotto Motto was "Ya gotta play ta win'
 None the less,what ever the case maybe  all the best and more power to ya Sarge!

Thanks!

One of the issues I face financially is a high aversion to financial risk. Even buying a MegaMillions ticket a few weeks ago when the jackpot was sky-high seemed a futile effort. I know - "nothing ventured, nothing gained". I may need too much internal work in financial matters for this run of USLM to kickstart me like I wanted.

RE: Funding the Project with USLM v4.2 - ReconGunner - 08-06-2022

Cycle 13

One more cycle to go.

Tough week. I had been running the sub at 2/3ds volume on my Android tablet. On impulse, I kicked it up to 3/4 for this cycle.

By mid cycle I had come face-to-face with a deep personal fear. It is the fear that I am not wanted or valued as a person, but only for what I can produce financially.

I didn't fight it, or resist it in any way. I embraced it, accepted it, and worked through the implications of it.

And came out the other side. Because this is true - the only way out is through.

E5 set me up by clearing out a lot of general stuff. USLM has hit a major issue. I still don't know what the next sub will be. But I am again reminded of an old Peanuts cartoon where Charlie Brown sad "The more I learn, the more I learn how much I have to learn."

RE: Funding the Project with USLM v4.2 - ReconGunner - 08-13-2022

Cycle 13

Interesting experiencer this week. I woke up one morning, got up to start my usual routine, and had a flash of insight as to how I could better automate playing subs to handle different ASRB2 cycles.

And that's the end of this run of USLM. I did not reach any of my goals. This is likely due to setting overambitious goals. I did make some noticeable progress towards two of them. And a number of good things became known in my finances, even though the money is still pending, etc. And I had a couple of significant "breakthroughs" in the last cycles. So my life has definitely improved during this run.

I'm taking four weeks' break from listening. Still not sure what the next sub will be. If I can scrape up a little more cash during that time, I'll buy the old UD and run that. If not, then it's either ASC 5G or a second run of USLM. E5 is also available for a second run. All good choices, I think.

RE: Funding the Project with USLM v4.2 - ncbeareatingman - 08-13-2022

MY 2 quarters worth here, ReCon, please give OFv4 some thought, worth a 'consider',since you're in the consideration mode,right now.
Peace and all the best.